• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

bobohoro

And it started on a Tuesday for God knows what reason. Administration be cray

HAHA!

bobohoro remembers that his classes start tomorrow morning, 8 o'clock.

:(

bobohoro remembers that he still has tons of assignments to finish.

:O

Ah well, at least I'm doing stuff on video games this time. Even if it's still neuroscience.

Guess I'll pass then. Swapper's an amazing game though. Fantastic horror-style atmosphere, cool claymation look that doesn't really look TOO claymation either (it's a sort of real but not that just adds to the atmosphere), good puzzles too, a couple had me stumped. Not too long either, everyone should give it a shot. Plays great with a controller, that's how I played it on PC.

Sounds interesting. The last few +indies I tried left me rather cold, but The Swapper shall be given a try.

I also really want to play Tales Of Hearts R now. Hopefully it turns up in the second week of sales.

SerTapTap

So the PS4 version is available? The blog said it was going to be released at a later date:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/31/playstation-plus-januarys-free-games/

It's not out yet for PS4, no.

I went full digital, I have PS+ and I just have an 8gb card :p

Lucily I have a big HDD on PC.

Content Manager should be required learning. So many people falsely claiming a Vita is useless without a giant card. It's kind of annoying, but Content Manager is pretty great. could be better (it's slow and wish I could use it without closing all apps) but I'm paranoid and really value having an offline backup of all my saves and games in case of PSNpocalypse.

Just got Festival of Blood on sale. Should I play it before or after playing inFamous 2?

Either way. It's completely unrelated to the story, gameplay is different (not THAT different but still). Just know Festival of Blood is much shorter especially without UGC. It's a good snack before Infamous 2 IMO. Also no morality system so no need to replay. Easy trophies, like all infamous titles.

VLiberty

It's not out yet for PS4, no.

Content Manager should be required learning. So many people falsely claiming a Vita is useless without a giant card. It's kind of annoying, but Content Manager is pretty great. could be better (it's slow and wish I could use it without closing all apps) but I'm paranoid and really value having an offline backup of all my saves and games in case of PSNpocalypse.

Either way. It's completely unrelated to the story, gameplay is different (not THAT different but still). Just know Festival of Blood is much shorter especially without UGC. It's a good snack before Infamous 2 IMO. Also no morality system so no need to replay. Easy trophies, like all infamous titles.
Thanks! I think I'll play it before inFamous 2 then.
Yeah, I know it was short, I was hesitating on buying it, but I remembered a lot of praises and the fact that, in the end, after dropping/resuming it multiple times, I loved the first inFamous.

And yeah, content manager is great.

SerTapTap

BTW I would generally recommend buying/finishing any of Infamous/Infamous 2/Festival of Blood if you want before you jump into First Light if you haven't played Second Son. At least for me it was reaaaallly rough to try and go back (I finally got a Move + Navi and wanted to try infamous 2 with it). The draw distance/fog and the jaggies, oh goodness. Second Son/First Light will spoil you.

ryseing

Looks more to Dynasty Warriors than AC to me. Combat is braindead and all the upgrades so far are useless.

For a game that won GOTY in some publications, I was expecting more.

Get through the story. Combat gets better.

And I know I'm really LTTP on this, but Korra is awesome y'all. Glad I got it on the sale.

Yasumi

Banned

Those sales.
Sw27nmb.gif

Producer

jesus if Ethan: Meteor Hunter isnt the most bland, uninspired looking indie game i have ever seen. Its also on sale every damn week.

We settled for a name:

nogamespodcast

We are beginning things... that I don't have time to explain why I don't even have time to explain. They are all good things. It is happening and it's official, so beware.

As of now, sign ups will be open btw. Just PM me if you are willing to be a part of the very fist episode of our saga. We will be discussing whether to fill the two invite seats on the first episode, or to only start with one, but we want to know who wants in!

We settled for a name:

nogamespodcast

We are beginning things... that I don't have time to explain why I don't even have time to explain. They are all good things. It is happening and it's official, so beware.

As of now, sign ups will be open btw. Just PM me if you are willing to be a part of the very fist episode of our saga. We will be discussing whether to fill the two invite seats on the first episode, or to only start with one, but we want to know who wants in!

Not sure I have enough notoriety around here to contribute. I will definitely be listening! Maybe when I crack the wall of shame I will join.

autoduelist

The pinball arcade sale is nice, but... I HATE that it's not vita/ps4 crossbuy, just vita/ps3. It would be insta-buy otherwise. I already own some of s2 which just adds insult to injury.

Takao

Banned
I know they're remappable, but how do you use Duke's back touch controls? Nothing I'm doing seems to activate them. I tested it out on other games so it's not a hardware issue.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Duke3D is plenty enough for a good week. The Swapper makes it even better. Anyone else whining needs to get a grip. ;)

VLiberty

My $10 are safe for LMEX.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ever been on sale? $35 is a bit hard to swallow.

Here in europe it's been crazily discounted, like it was 5€ or 7€ almost a year ago. But since it was 17gb(and I still have Tekken 6, SCV, Mortal Kombat and DOA5 all untouched) I didn't buy it.

I feel like this kind of games is better on disc, especially if they are that big, unless you have an huge HDD.

antibolo

Banned
The pinball arcade sale is nice, but... I HATE that it's not vita/ps4 crossbuy, just vita/ps3. It would be insta-buy otherwise. I already own some of s2 which just adds insult to injury.

I think Farsight reeeeeaaaally shot themselves in the foot when they made the boneheaded decision to not make the PS4 version cross-buy with the other two. It has really made me less interested in buying more tables, and from what I see online I am definitely not the only one who feels that way.

Chuy

Wallet saved :)
Hopefully there's a good sale next week

We settled for a name:

nogamespodcast

Nice Destiny reference...
Anyway i'm probably not going to be able to partake in this but i bet nothing but greatness awaits this little podcast. Best of luck :)

bobawesome

are these matte? Also how easily do they come off/do they leave residue?

You have a choice of matte or glossy finish at checkout.
It seems like it would be easy enough to take off if you pry it from either side. I don't believe they leave residue but I could be wrong on that.

Just know that the front piece is incredibly frustrating to install (I didn't bother showing the back as it's the same image). I went in despite hearing horror stories of 30-40 minute installation times and I wasn't prepared for how flimsy the front piece is in your hands.

Takao

Banned
I know they're remappable, but how do you use Duke's back touch controls? Nothing I'm doing seems to activate them. I tested it out on other games so it's not a hardware issue.

There is no back touch support. I was supposed to use the front touchscreen. Welp.

You have a choice of matte or glossy finish at checkout.
It seems like it would be easy enough to take off if you pry it from either side. I don't believe they leave residue but I could be wrong on that.

Just know that the front piece is incredibly frustrating to install (I didn't bother showing the back as it's the same image). I went in despite hearing horror stories of 30-40 minute installation times and I wasn't prepared for how flimsy the front piece is in your hands.

Alrighty. Good to know.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hmm... Wonder if I should dip in Duke Nukem 3D... I'm not a fan of shooters but shooters like Doom, Heretic, and Duke Nukem sorta interest me.

Top Bottom