• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Shizuka

Hmm... Wonder if I should dip in Duke Nukem 3D... I'm not a fan of shooters but shooters like Doom, Heretic, and Duke Nukem sorta interest me.

I think the $10 price tag is fair, but watch a couple of gameplay videos first.

TOTP: Buy Tales of Hearts R (Vita), right now.

Takao

Banned
Spongebob Vita game CG trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMy_VDMQsxI&feature=youtu.be

always quality when they don't show gameplay

edit:
yIk7lsU.jpg

this is getting a retail release in north america
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QWX34V6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

SerTapTap

Has anyone gotten PS3 Resogun to cloud sync properly? It just gets stuck on Synchronization in progress. It's lame enough it's not automatic...

Worth mentioning that budget games aimed at kids like this typically get retail versions. Likely due to parents buying them for the kid much of the time.

Garraboa

Here in europe it's been crazily discounted, like it was 5€ or 7€ almost a year ago. But since it was 17gb(and I still have Tekken 6, SCV, Mortal Kombat and DOA5 all untouched) I didn't buy it.

I feel like this kind of games is better on disc, especially if they are that big, unless you have an huge HDD.

I think so too, but thing is, I haven't had any luck in finding a decent looking copy. GS offered me a disc for $20, but I wasn't going to bite. This copy is the one closest to me at around the same price. It looks a bit battered, but I might bite. If not I'm willing to open some space for it on my PS3 (It's pretty much my Vita & Classics HDD at this point :p)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got into a match in DN and got my ass handed to me. It was really fun.

In the meantime, I'll grind for a bit to get Vanilla SS's plat. Delta's been in my HDD too long now.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Played first two levels of Duke3D. Good stuff, but just like old boring shooters -- boring. :)

Still, fun and mindless. I'm going to play some Swapper later.

SerTapTap

Do we know what happened with the digital version of Class of Heros 2G? I was gonig to leave my physical copy sealed and play the digital, but it's still not out. One is coming I thought

Played first two levels of Duke3D. Good stuff, but just like old boring shooters -- boring. :)

Doom was always more my speed (except when you get lost), nothing boring about that. Not sure about Duke...I assume it picks up but it's never gripped me in the same way

bobawesome

After playing about 15 minutes of Duke I think I prefer the idea more than the actual thing.

Swapper does seem pretty cool from what little I played of it earlier, though.

Fired up some Duck Tales to scratch an old school 2D platforming itch and already annoyed that Scrooge doesn't shut the fuck up. Why somebody decided that it would be okay to break up the rhythm in a platformer with this much speech I have no idea.

Anyway is Woah Dave PS4 too? Can you d/l it from the PS4? I don't remember seeing it when I grabbed The Swapper.

incpdo

After playing about 15 minutes of Duke I think I prefer the idea more than the actual thing.

Swapper does seem pretty cool from what little I played of it earlier, though.

you should try the multiplayer is great. I bought the game for 10 dollars because i dont have PS Plus , i think is worth the money i have paid for.

Oceancraft multiplayer a PSM mobile is pretty much alive i find like 4 to 6 people everytime i log iin , Best part is, the game is 1 dollar!. You just wander around and build stuff on the ocean, you can fight ,you earn money, you gain experience and there is leaderboards. Pretty nice considering is the same guy who did Raptor RPG

bobawesome

you should try the multiplayer is great. I bought the game for 10 dollars because i dont have PS Plus , i think is worth the money i have paid for.

The multiplayer was the first thing I jumped into. I found three other players but the lag was unbearable. It turns out I was still downloading Final Fantasy X-2 HD at the time. :p

I'll give it another go later, I think.

Korten

Banned
Can anyone help me? Up until an hour ago my internet was just fine on my PS4, but now it says NAT type failed and it's driving me insane. No fix has worked.

Agent X

I was able to connect to PSN until about an hour and a half ago, and then I started experiencing problems.

I bought a 1-year PlayStation Plus card to extend my membership (which was set to expire in two days), and was able to enter the code successfully through my PS4 earlier tonight. Shortly after that, I downloaded Duke Nukem 3D onto my PS Vita. This was about two hours ago, and the download was successful.

After playing DN3D for a bit, I checked the trophy list (about an hour and a half ago), and the Vita failed to sync, reporting a DNS error. After that, the whole thing went downhill from there.

Checking my network status on both PS4 and PS Vita, they both report that NAT Type has failed (never did that before). The friends list would only load sporadically on PS4, and now it doesn't load at all.

According to Sony's site at this link (https://support.us.playstation.com/app/home), PSN status is "Heavy Network Traffic". Based on that, I'd surmise there's some sort of problem on Sony's side. Hopefully it is resolved quickly, and not the sign of another crazy hacker attack.

We settled for a name:

nogamespodcast

We are beginning things... that I don't have time to explain why I don't even have time to explain. They are all good things. It is happening and it's official, so beware.

As of now, sign ups will be open btw. Just PM me if you are willing to be a part of the very fist episode of our saga. We will be discussing whether to fill the two invite seats on the first episode, or to only start with one, but we want to know who wants in!

I just want to say that I don't like that name. I get that it is a meme, but as a vita user I was tried of it from the first time I saw it. Partly because I think it's contraproductive as it allready seems to be the consensus outside of this thread (and some other forums).

And the argument that it will allow the podcast to be about other things than the Vita makes me less interested in it.

I voted for the "Vita Gamers: Invite Only" because it makes the vita community sound like an elites club and not that we are some losers that keep holding on to something that is already dead.

First impression is everything and I think that you gain nothing by using the langue of the haters. Make people feel left out instead of glad they didn't spend their money on a "sinking ship".

Edit: It might also be to close, namewise, to the "not a game" podcast IMO
[/OPINION]

However, I think that the podcast is a great idea and I really look forward to it (and to maybe be a part of it as a guest in the future) :)

-Digits-

Can't wait to play some Duke on my Vita. This is a really good month for Plus for me. I am interested in all the games and only own one of them already.

jzbluz

I bought Resonance of Fate in the psn and the game looks a bit more ugly than I remembered. Kinda like if I was using an emulator in a low setting so that even the portraits in the menu have noticeable jaggies.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just want to say that I don't like that name. I get that it is a meme, but as a vita user I was tried of it from the first time I saw it. Partly because I think it's contraproductive as it allready seems to be the consensus outside of this thread (and some other forums).

And the argument that it will allow the podcast to be about other things than the Vita makes me less interested in it.

I voted for the "Vita Gamers: Invite Only" because it makes the vita community sound like an elites club and not that we are some losers that keep holding on to something that is already dead.

First impression is everything and I think that you gain nothing by using the langue of the haters. Make people feel left out instead of glad they didn't spend their money on a "sinking ship".

Edit: It might also be to close, namewise, to the "not a game" podcast IMO
[/OPINION]

However, I think that the podcast is a great idea and I really look forward to it (and to maybe be a part of it as a guest in the future) :)
Exactly my thoughts, not only the name is counterproductive, no matter how ironic is it still instills the idea that Vita has no games, but it's also old, don't you see that even the haters almost stopped saying that Vita has no games? Now Vita has only indies, ports and niche games.

"Vita means..." is the name i prefer, but also something like "(Vita)Bros' hideout"(you choose if to keep "Vita" or not) would be awesome imo.

Xenoflare

I bought Resonance of Fate in the psn and the game looks a bit more ugly than I remembered. Kinda like if I was using an emulator in a low setting so that even the portraits in the menu have noticeable jaggies.

That game basically felt like a PS2 remaster of an old game.

I tried really hard to like it too, but alas.

nampad

Exactly my thoughts, not only the name is counterproductive, no matter how ironic is it still instills the idea that Vita has no games, but it's also old, don't you see that even the haters almost stopped saying that Vita has no games? Now Vita has only indies, ports and niche games.

"Vita means..." is the name i prefer, but also something like "(Vita)Bros' hideout"(you choose if to keep "Vita" or not) would be awesome imo.

I am with you two and also like the Vita means name.
Not planning on participatibg right now though.

Tapejara

If anyone is hoping for that SpongeBob game to be good, play Plankton's Robotic Revenge. Should be proof enough that it's just another half added Activision licenced game.

New sales also in Europe

Hohokum €6.99
The Unfinished Swan €6.99
Danganronpa 1 €14.99
MotorStorm Rc €2.99
Lemmings Touch €4.99

10% discount for PS+ users

Shinriji

Played a lot of Dukematch yesterday. Playing closed room with friends, its just like the golden LAN times. Playing with strangers, terrible lag.

New sales also in Europe

Hohokum €6.99
Danganronpa 1 €14.99
MotorStorm Rc €2.99
Lemmings Touch €4.99

The other vita deals:
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
Was €29.99, now €12.49

CastleStorm Complete Edition
Was €14.99, now €7.99

Toukiden: The Age of Demons
Was €39.99, now €14.99
10% additional discount for PS Plus members

Maid

Banned
New sales also in Europe

Hohokum €6.99
Danganronpa 1 €14.99
MotorStorm Rc €2.99
Lemmings Touch €4.99

I see that Danganronpa is becoming another Persona.

I also want to echo this. Even among Vita fans, that "no games" still easily ticks off others, despite being used ironically or not.

I know we're all excited, but shouldn't we take this one a little bit slower? The name is something we will be stuck with for the rest of this project after all.

Top Bottom