• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Ok...I am *still* having trouble with Resogun Vita. I have deactivated & reactivated my Vita a few times, downloaded it several times from my list, tried with updates, without updates, with & without being connected to the network. Problem is, the Vita Store still shows that I haven't bought it, though I remember doing so the instant it was available. I believe I bought the Vita version too, because that is what I always do when the game is free across all platforms..

Every time I go to the Vita store, I get error - NP-2244-2. Every time I try to buy the game (again) on the Web Store, I get an error saying my transaction can't be completed. I'm extremely close to calling customer support, but I thought I'd reach out to you all first. Halp! I really want to get Resogun on my Vita. Yes I know it's 30fps. No I don't care. While I haven't even come close to mastering the PS4 version...or beating it for that matter (I refuse to play on low difficulties...high or bust for me...which limits my success rate...), I would love to have this on the go. Thanks :D

Have you tagged all the versions of the game as bought? I know of several instances where tagging the PS3, Vita and PS4 version of the game followed by a clean install solved the issue you're having.

---

TOTP;

Go get/buy Duke Nukem 3D and Woah, Dave!. Right now.

Hmm good point, I'd love being able to discuss other stuff, handhelds in general even, but this is our podcast after all so the Vita would be the focus right? People here wouldn't tune in if we started talking about the 3DS.

I probably should have used a different word instead of focus. I just meant that by the title it just seems only the Vita will be talked about, and nothing else. In any case, I put my support to Vita Book Club.

deadfolk

You see our slogan is already "Vita means life". I'm working on the website and it is basic and all, but it'll get the job done. I just don't wanna post the links yet until everyone is okay with the show's name.

Gotcha. 'Vita Book Club' is fine. I wouldn't have any problems with it especially, I just think it sounds a little...I dunno...Oprah.

But hey, you guys are putting work into this and I'm not! I'm in no position to argue with whatever name you feel fits what you're doing best.

Tapejara

You see our slogan is already "Vita means life". I'm working on the website and it is basic and all, but it'll get the job done. I just don't wanna post the links yet until everyone is okay with the show's name.

Hmm good point, I'd love being able to discuss other stuff, handhelds in general even, but this is our podcast after all so the Vita would be the focus right? People here wouldn't tune in if we started talking about the 3DS.

I see two options:

1) You give it a Vita centric name and then rebrand it later if you want to discuss other topics.

2) Don't give a shit the name and just talk about whatever. One of my favourite podcasts was Podtoid (Jim Sterling/Tara Long/Max Scoville/Jonathan Holmes era) because they would barely talk about video games - despite being a gaming website's weekly podcast. Besides, you're going for a pretty laid back podcast, I doubt most of VitaGAF would care if you three start talking about other things :p.

daydream

Banned
It's hard to not feel at leat a little bit let down by Woah Dave! considering its pedigree. It would require further contemplation to work out why exactly it lacks a punch but I feel like it must have to do with the mediality of having to pick up objects instead of being able to attack whenever. A definite nitpick is objects self-destructing a hair too early after the visual cue. Lastly, I think a possible way of looking at it is that the game doesn't really continually pose problems. Instead, it gives you the option of preventing the part that should bring the feeling of rush and excitement by encouraging you to destroy eggs before they hatch. So you're constantly incentivised to keep the game in a boring state instead of being thrown into an arcade frenzy that you then have to deal with.

I will continue poking at it.

antibolo

Banned
I guess Vita Book Club is a perfect name if the main intent of the podcast is to have a handful of community members discuss about what they played recently.

I probably should have used a different work instead of focus. I just meant that by the title it just seems only the Vita will be talked about, and nothing else. In any case, I put my support to Vita Book Club.

Right now we are gonna start with something small. If people enjoy it and want to be a part of it, we can all make it grow from there

Gotcha. 'Vita Book Club' is fine. I wouldn't have any problems with it especially, I just think it sounds a little...I dunno...Oprah.

But hey, you guys are putting work into this and I'm not! I'm in no position to argue with whatever name you feel fits what you're doing best.

I'll be honest I just want something that everyone enjoys. I'll be the host sure, but you are the audience.

I see two options:

1) You give it a Vita centric name and then rebrand it later if you want to discuss other topics.

2) Don't give a shit the name and just talk about whatever. One of my favourite podcasts was Podtoid (Jim Sterling/Tara Long/Max Scoville/Jonathan Holmes era) because they would barely talk about video games - despite being a gaming website's weekly podcast. Besides, you're going for a pretty laid back podcast, I doubt most of VitaGAF would care if you three start talking about other things :p.

I guess Vita Book Club is a perfect name if the main intent of the podcast is to have a handful of community members discuss about what they played recently.

I liked nogamespodcast because of a bunch of reasons:

1- NGP which was the Vita's former name

2- People hate it, it isn't true, but "Vita's got no games" has been thrown around on the web millions of times, and funny or not, it was poking fun at that

3- Because I don't know about you, but many people spend a lot more time NOT playing games, and rather TALKING about them. nogamespodcast is a talk show, in which we talk about games, instead of actually playing them.

These were the 3 core ideas in my head that made me choose the name, but many people here got offended, and that's not what I want. Did I like the name? Yeah. But if the majority of people here don't like it, I will obviously not use it.

nampad

Have you tagged all the versions of the game as bought? I know of several instances where tagging the PS3, Vita and PS4 version of the game followed by a clean install solved the issue you're having.

---

TOTP;

Go get/buy Duke Nukem 3D and Woah, Dave!. Right now.

Stop being so mean *cries german tears*

Ah good ol' fashioned censorship. Hope devolver can resolve(r) it

On the one hand, game has been indexed for a while and not taken down from the list unlike other games. On the other hand, the Megaton Edition is available on the German Steam.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
IIRC ~480 MB for the North American version.
Thanks, maybe i have the space for it.

Right now we are gonna start with something small. If people enjoy it and want to be a part of it, we can all make it grow from there

I'll be honest I just want something that everyone enjoys. I'll be the host sure, but you are the audience.

I liked nogamespodcast because of a bunch of reasons:

1- NGP which was the Vita's former name

2- People hate it, it isn't true, but "Vita's got no games" has been thrown around on the web millions of times, and funny or not, it was poking fun at that

3- Because I don't know about you, but many people spend a lot more time NOT playing games, and rather TALKING about them. nogamespodcast is a talk show, in which we talk about games, instead of actually playing them.

These were the 3 core ideas in my head that made me choose the name, but many people here got offended, and that's not what I want. Did I like the name? Yeah. But if the majority of people here don't like it, I will obviously not use it.

I really like the reasons honestly, but you need to consider that what is obvious to you it's not for other people, for example i'm a vitabro since d1 and i missed the NGP reference.
When you are between friends with the same mentality, background etc you can do whatever you want but when something is for internet(aka the entire world, with all its differences and cultures) it's better being straightforward imo.

Tried that also, the clean install part that is. Regarding ensuring I own each version, that is one of the struggles I am facing...each time I try to buy the PS3 or Vita version on the store, I get an error. This happens on the Web Store, and also on the store on each respective system.

bobohoro

Did anyone already suggest Vitalogy as a podcast name? Life, science and pearl jam!

And the huge sales on Graces F, Xillia and Xillia 2 just reaffirmed that I will wait for Hearts R to get a 50% discount. Should happen in a couple of weeks, right?

maouvin

Tried that also, the clean install part that is. Regarding ensuring I own each version, that is one of the struggles I am facing...each time I try to buy the PS3 or Vita version on the store, I get an error. This happens on the Web Store, and also on the store on each respective system.

I had this problem too (game not running due to licenses, error purchasing on the stores), but I tried purchasing the three versions (even though I already had the PS4 version from PS+) on the webstore just now and was able to confirm/conclude the purchase. So maybe the store is deborked.
Will try to download and run the Vita version again when I get home.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The new Deception 4 will make you fight all the heroines of the previous games... but i still don't understand if it's an expanded version that includes the previous version(like SS Delta) or it's a proper sequel.

Now that i think about it, what happened to Soul Sacrifice 2?

autoduelist

Exactly my thoughts, not only the name is counterproductive, no matter how ironicSNIP

Terrible meme, terrible name

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but yeah, I hate the name too.

Go with something simple and to the point like Vita Means Talk or Games Mean Vita that won't push people away.

I think the point of the "No Games Podcast" name is that it abbreviates to NGP, which refers to the Vita's codename.

Way too obscure to matter. I've put a thousand plus hours on my vita and wouldn't have noticed that till you pointed it out, and... yeah, it just doesn't add anything to the name for me.

The multiplayer was the first thing I jumped into. I found three other players but the lag was unbearable. It turns out I was still downloading Final Fantasy X-2 HD at the time. :p

I'll give it another go later, I think.

I've recently noticed some games have single player lag while I'm downloading in the background. I only noticed this with Binding of Isaac, finally seeing the 'microstutter' some people were complaining about... but only while downloading. Cleared up when I paused the download. It makes me wonder if other games have that issue and some of the 'lag' issues some people see in some games are dl related. (obviously, some games just have lag period, I'm talking about ones where some see it, some don't).

Yasumi

Banned
What indeed!

It's been less than a year since Delta. I suspect it's still in development.

But I also think it's probably been bumped up to PS4.
I'd expect a multiplat if not just Vita exclusive. The hunting genre is very handheld-scewed. That's where most of the audience is.

Vita means... It is then. People seem to like this one, and so do the show members. We will be working on a simple website now, and post it here when things are a bit more presentable for everyone.

We are excited for this, we will be having a contact page on the website on which you put your name, email and comment, so you can give us feedback that will be sent to our emails directly. Also on that page, it will be where "sign ups" for the Invited Guest seat will take place.

ZeroAKA

Now that i think about it, what happened to Soul Sacrifice 2?
Nothing happened to it. SS2 was never announced.

Way too obscure to matter. I've put a thousand plus hours on my vita and wouldn't have noticed that till you pointed it out, and... yeah, it just doesn't add anything to the name for me.
I don't think it's a great name either, but it's clever little reference for those of us who have kept track of the Vita's development from the very beginning (if it's not a coincidence).

nampad

I'd expect a multiplat if not just Vita exclusive. The hunting genre is very handheld-scewed. That's where most of the audience is.

If it is not on Vita but PS4 we finally have
more
conclusive evidence that Yoshida hates the Vita.
It wouldn't make sense at all. The hunting genre is most popular in Japan and Japan is handheld focused (well, after mobile). This makes the genre very handheld skewed as you already said.

Additionally, the PS4 isn't selling at all in Japan and the whole fanbase of the series is already on Vita.

Nothing happened to it. SS2 was never announced.

Didn't Infafune confirm that there was another Soul Sacrifice besides Delta in development?

SerTapTap

Finished The Unfinished Swan, and it was a really lovely game. Definitely worth the price.

Just as a warning, the 4 paintballs or whatever trophy for level 1 is as hard as it sounds or worse, couldn't do it even with a guide. Can't really recommend trying. Don't like that trophy, it's sort of like the Death Mode in Sound Shapes, it's really difficult and almost completely against what makes the original game enjoyable.

Ventara

Oh man, I completely forgot Atelier Ayesha is coming next week. I hope Atelier Rorona goes on sale. I still need to pick that one up.

Anyways, I've been playing Child of Light on my Vita. It's a great game that runs perfectly. I highly recommend everyone to get it.

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart will launch for PS Vita in North America on February 24 at retail and digitally, and in Europe on February 27 at retail and March 4 digitally, Idea Factory International announced.
http://gematsu.com/2015/01/hyperdevotion-noire-release-date-set
Bit odd that there's over a week between retail and digital release in EU.
Just as a warning, the 4 paintballs or whatever trophy for level 1 is as hard as it sounds or worse, couldn't do it even with a guide. Can't really recommend trying. Don't like that trophy, it's sort of like the Death Mode in Sound Shapes, it's really difficult and almost completely against what makes the original game enjoyable.

I don't really care about trophies, so wasn't planning on doing that anyway :p

antibolo

Banned
I'm pretty sure that Inafune has already forgotten that the Vita exists, apart from making Soul Sacrifice for Sony they never made any other Vita game but plenty of 3DS games.

SerTapTap

I'm pretty sure that Inafune has already forgotten that the Vita exists, apart from making Soul Sacrifice for Sony they never made any other Vita game but plenty of 3DS games.

Mighty No 9 is going to be on Vita. That's...potentially a good thing...maybe. Jeez that really went south quick. But Inti Creates has worked with Nintendo portables for a long time ,not surprised to see Gunvolt on 3DS

Takao

Banned

Mighty No. 9 is getting a Vita port, though it's being handled by an outside studio, not Inti-Creates, and the internet paid for it.

As Kamiya once said, Inafune is a businessman. In the build up to Soul Sacrifice's release, Inafune said Vita was for game creators while 3DS is for businessmen.

FDC1

Has anyone else bought Nidhogg today in Europe with the discount? I bought it but I can only download the PS4 version, for some reason Vita version doesn't appear on my download list :(

I had this problem too (game not running due to licenses, error purchasing on the stores), but I tried purchasing the three versions (even though I already had the PS4 version from PS+) on the webstore just now and was able to confirm/conclude the purchase. So maybe the store is deborked.
Will try to download and run the Vita version again when I get home.
I took your post as a sign of good luck...and tried it...nope :( nothing can be done while trying to buy the Vita version or PS3 version solo...

But, I added the PS4 version, which now said free instead of the already owned display, and boom! It worked right away, all three versions showing as purchased. Not sure wtf, htf, or wtf, but whatever. Thanks for posting that, I likely wouldn't have tried anything for about another week!

Yasumi

Banned
Has anyone else bought Nidhogg today in Europe with the discount? I bought it but I can only download the PS4 version, for some reason Vita version doesn't appear on my download list :(
What happens when you go to the game's page on your Vita? Unless something really screwed up, it should show up as free.

squadr0n

I need some real help from the greatest collective minds on the internet with a serious charge problem with my Vita.

I purchased a brand new Assassins Creed Vita in July of this year. Still sealed and everything. Just got lucky or so I thought.

I played it for a month or two and it was perfect. Held the right amount of charge, I would play it till completely dead sometimes and it would charge right back up normally. All of a sudden I go to play it and after 5 mins it just dies on me. I try to just charge it back up and nothing, won't even power on. I'm like wtf!

I tried leaving it on the charger for a full day, nothing. Tried leaving it on charge for 2 days, still nothing. I finally got it to power on by plugging the USB cable directly into a PC or PS3/PS4 but it only holds charge for about 2 minutes. I tried charging it till it powers on then switching to the normal charger but no luck.

I've looked all over the internet and haven't found a solid answer. I've watched videos from little girls to old men find fixes for this widely known problem but none of them seem to work for me. What do I do Gaf? If I send it to Sony then I might as well just buy a new one and I'd rather not do that personally.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, same here. Sent them a mail about it.
What happens when you go to the game's page on your Vita? Unless something really screwed up, it should show up as free.
Bought it on Vita, nothing happened. The only thing I can do on the store page is to buy it again for 15 euros. (There are two separate bundles for some reason)

Ventara

I need some real help from the greatest collective minds on the internet with a serious charge problem with my Vita.

I purchased a brand new Assassins Creed Vita in July of this year. Still sealed and everything. Just got lucky or so I thought.

I played it for a month or two and it was perfect. Held the right amount of charge, I would play it till completely dead sometimes and it would charge right back up normally. All of a sudden I go to play it and after 5 mins it just dies on me. I try to just charge it back up and nothing, won't even power on. I'm like wtf!

I tried leaving it on the charger for a full day, nothing. Tried leaving it on charge for 2 days, still nothing. I finally got it to power on by plugging the USB cable directly into a PC or PS3/PS4 but it only holds charge for about 2 minutes. I tried charging it till it powers on then switching to the normal charger but no luck.

I've looked all over the internet and haven't found a solid answer. I've watched videos from little girls to old men find fixes for this widely known problem but none of them seem to work for me. What do I do Gaf? If I send it to Sony then I might as well just buy a new one and I'd rather not do that personally.

Are you sure it's not the charger? Maybe bring it to a Gamestop and see if they have a charger they could loan you so that you can find out.

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/hyperdevotion-noire-release-date-set
Bit odd that there's over a week between retail and digital release in EU.

Speaking of Hyperdimension, is there any news on the Re;Birth 2 LE? Couldn't find anything other than the announcement.

Just picked up PS Plus for the first time today (the games this month look awesome and I haven't played any of them). I looked for a PS Plus thread because I have some questions, but couldn't find one so I figured I'll ask here.

So games with save data are uploaded to the cloud, but does that mean if I own the same game on another system, I'll be able to download it there and play it on that system?

For example. If I played Xrd on my PS3, uploaded the save to the cloud, if I played my copy of Xrd on PS4 would I be able to download the save from the cloud and use that?

Also, I know the game auto updates to the cloud on a certain time, but is there a way to upload it whenever I wanted to? And how do I download the save?

Sorry for all the questions.

bobohoro

Yeah, I did a few pages back. Doubt anyone else got the Pearl Jam reference, though!

Shame, such an underrated album, although coming off Ten and Vs. was quite a tall order, it's still the most interesting PJ album for me.

I actually liked that trophy. Was the most fun I had with the game. I tend to not look back on the Unfinished Swan too fondly, since the dark wood/spider level was one of the more unpleasant video game experiences I had. Just really didn't fit with the more laid back, melancholic mood of the rest of the game, totally stressed and freaked me out. Can't stand spiders in videogames, even more so than the real life ones. :/

Just picked up PS Plus for the first time today (the games this month look awesome and I haven't played any of them). I looked for a PS Plus thread because I have some questions, but couldn't find one so I figured I'll ask here.

So games with save data are uploaded to the cloud, but does that mean if I own the same game on another system, I'll be able to download it there and play it on that system?

For example. If I played Xrd on my PS3, uploaded the save to the cloud, if I played my copy of Xrd on PS4 would I be able to download the save from the cloud and use that?

Also, I know the game auto updates to the cloud on a certain time, but is there a way to upload it whenever I wanted to? And how do I download the save?

Sorry for all the questions.

Save data only transfers to the same type of system, as different systems use saves differently and require different formats.

You can manual upload/download via the plus icon on the live screen of a Vita game or the options/triangle menu from outside the game on PS4/PS3 IIRC.

Save data only transfers to the same type of system, as different systems use saves differently and require different formats.

You can manual upload/download via the plus icon on the live screen of a Vita game or the options/triangle menu from outside the game on PS4/PS3 IIRC.

Yup, just found it, thanks for the answer.

But I read somewhere online that Xrd is cross save? I guess I should probably update the game and figure it out eventually or ask in the Xrd OT.

Edit: nvm just figured out how to do it in the options. Thanks for the help anyway.

Top Bottom