• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Nice!

One little thing, I'm on my tablet and it can't load the plugin you're using. Same thing happened on my iPod.

I'd recommend using something like Soundcloud to upload the podcast, since people can subscribe, you can see views and likes, embed, it's mobile compatible, and offers download links for later listening.

It is on soundcloud, It's the soundcloud player what we put there. In any case, I edited the post and put the link there as well. Will have to look into this issue

https://vitameans.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/vita-means-a-new-beginning-episode-1/

I edited the post, for those that just want to go to Soundcloud directly, here's the link to that as well:

http://soundcloud.com/vita-means/vita-means-a-new-beginning-episode-1

JJP12

We are live guys:

https://vitameans.wordpress.com/

There are some audio issues to work with on my side, but we wanted to test things out and see what we could pull off. We got into it and had fun, hopefully you do as well. Feedback is always welcome!

But of course, please be gentle.

Just listened to it in its entirety while playing Terraria. You guys did a really awesome job. The audio isn't the best but that's an easy fix. I was nervous it was going to be a rough listen when you asked everyone about the xseed leaks in the first few minutes and you guys sorta started talking over each other unintentionally but you all shook it off and made it smooth sailing for the rest of the podcast. I thought everyone had great chemistry and interesting things to say and that's what really matters in a podcast. But yeah great first episode and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Just listened to it in its entirety while playing Terraria. You guys did a really awesome job. The audio isn't the best but that's an easy fix. I was nervous it was going to be a rough listen when you asked everyone about the xseed leaks in the first few minutes and you guys sorta started talking over each other unintentionally but you all shook it off and made it smooth sailing for the rest of the podcast. I thought everyone had great chemistry and interesting things to say and that's what really matters in a podcast. But yeah great first episode and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Thank you for the listen and the feedback! The audio issue is on my side not theirs, so I apologise for that, if we are to go forward with this I'll have to invest on a decent microphone. We knew things wouldn't be perfect but we just wanted to put ourselves out there, see if there is interest in this thing or not, and go from there!

daydream

Banned
Agreed, it's a solid inaugural episode. Get rid of background noises (Skype bloops!), get a new mic (if possible, of course), have a roll call at the beginning and the rest will fall into place over time. I'd be up to guest sometime if you guys need someone for an indie-centric episode.

Yasumi

Banned
It is on soundcloud, It's the soundcloud player what we put there. In any case, I edited the post and put the link there as well. Will have to look into this issue

https://vitameans.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/vita-means-a-new-beginning-episode-1/

I edited the post, for those that just want to go to Soundcloud directly, here's the link to that as well:

Ah, thanks a lot, I'll check it out now. Weird that it didn't work then. Did you tick the little WordPress box when it gave you the embed link?

pariah164

I am playing Wolf Among Us on Vita.

I am learning that I suck ROYALLY at quicktime events. Yay for getting my ass kicked in the very first chapter.

Agreed, it's a solid inaugural episode. Get rid of background noises (Skype bloops!), get a new mic (if possible, of course), have a roll call at the beginning and the rest will fall into place over time. I'd be up to guest sometime if you guys need someone for an indie-centric episode.

Indie talk... hmm lots of indie games coming, we will for sure have an episode dedicated to that. We know who to call.

Ah, thanks a lot, I'll check it out now. Weird that it didn't work then. Did you tick the little WordPress box when it gave you the embed link?

I did, I fiddled around with the code and changed it a bit, so it should be up and running now!

Keep the feedback coming guys!

I want the Soul Sacrifice Delta platinum so I'm farming Alice 1-3F.

Wish I had that Slayer Point Rumor. ;_;

Please forgive my multiple LiveArea updates.

We are live guys:

https://vitameans.wordpress.com/

There are some audio issues to work with on my side, but we wanted to test things out and see what we could pull off. We got into it and had fun, hopefully you do as well. Feedback is always welcome!

But of course, please be gentle.

Solid first episode, half the first part I didn't understand the topic you guys were talking about but it was still very entertaining to listen to lol. Audio was the only problem, background noises especially but that that can fixed. 8/10 will listen to the next one.

autoduelist

It would depend on what game you were playing, and at what settings (brightness, wifi, bluetooth, volume, etc) - I've gotten 8 hours playing a Vita game before, and as little as 3-3.5 hours.

Most games last forever on my 1000. Obviously games like KZ:M burn the battery fast. I have it at full brightness and wifi on 100% of the time I'm not on an airplane.

Well, now I can't unsee Vitamins.

I guess you guys need a logo that's shaped like a pill jar.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm afraid to ask because seemingly no one talked about them but how bad were the PSN sales in the US this week?

pariah164

EPIC Pinball in the 90's.

Metroid Pinball was also pretty dope, so was the first Pokémon Pinball.
I love the first Pokemon Pinball. Still have it. The rumble pak on it still works too.

I'm playing Rollers of the Realm right now and it's epically awesome. Pinball RPG. It works.

Xenoflare

I wish Vita would get some more point and click games, like Gemini Rue.

Lone Survivor is nice though, hoping to see more of those kind of games.

Although the publisher have no good reason to do it financially.

Tizoc

I wish Vita would get some more point and click games, like Gemini Rue.

Lone Survivor is nice though, hoping to see more of those kind of games.

Although the publisher have no good reason to do it financially.

I KNOW RIGHT!
I've been wanting more PnC games on the Vita, but would rather there be retail versions, I ain't got space left in my 64 GB, even with 4 GB to spare atm.

A Wadjet eye collection would be so slick, Blackwell series would be a great fit as they are simple and short fun games.

Xenoflare

I KNOW RIGHT!
I've been wanting more PnC games on the Vita, but would rather there be retail versions, I ain't got space left in my 64 GB, even with 4 GB to spare atm.

A Wadjet eye collection would be so slick, Blackwell series would be a great fit as they are simple and short fun games.

Seriously, their games would be perfect for Vita's touch screen and button/analog controls, it's the best.

The games themselves aren't big so I'm more than happy to buy them in bulk should they ever come to the Vita, but I don't think they ever will.

wilflare

anyone in VitaGAF keen to join the VitaGAF LINE Chat?
it's one way for us to just chat with another (with our friends who have fallen too)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
anyone in VitaGAF keen to join the VitaGAF LINE Chat?
it's one way for us to just chat with another (with our friends who have fallen too)

I'm game. :)

Shahadan

I'm about to start Vanquish for the first time, is there anything I need to know? I remember some people saying they needed some time for the gameplay to click because they played it wrong or something.

Tizoc

I'm about to start Vanquish for the first time, is there anything I need to know? I remember some people saying they needed some time for the gameplay to click because they played it wrong or something.

Get ready for awesomeness.

Names, Normal, shizuka!

Thank you for a great show and I look forward to the next. when it comes to the name of the pod I think it´s a great idea.

The only thing that I wish for in the next episode is that you try to level your microphones before you start recording.

Great topics and insightfull conversations. When it comes to several ppl talking at the same time I think that is natural when you dont see each other, so maybe use full screen video of each other so you can see each others body language as people tend to show that they are about to talk befor they start talking. Even if you did this already you maybe don´t know each other well enough to have learned how the other persons body language work.

I won´t grade your performance with a number as I hope that my words are enough.

Edit: as with all the podcasts that I like (yes, even GB some times), I wish that it was longer though ;)

Edit 2: names: maybe present yourself, normal and shizuka with both alias and real names and then (imo) use real names when you talk to each other as the alias makes it sound like you don't know each other (not even by name). Just my opinion.

Maid

Banned

Melee is awesome....for the first time. Abusing it and you are going to die repeatedly. The game is all about managing your energy for slow motion shooting/sliding.

Shinriji

TOP 20 2014 JP PSN VITA

1. Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
2. Terraria
3. Freedom Wars
4. Senran Kagura: Bon Apettit
5. Muramasa Rebirth
6. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
7. Soul Sacrifice Delta
8. Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd
9. Oreshika 2
10. Persona 4 Golden
11. Super Robot Wars 3rd Jigoku-hen
12. DanganRonpa 1.2
13. Disgaea 4 Return
14. Trails of Cold Steel
15. Phantasy Star Nova
16. STEINS;GATE
17. Senran Kagura SHINOVI VERSUS
18. PhantomBreaker Battlegrounds
19. Toukiden Kiwami
20. GOD EATER 2

Japan is saved!

Maid

Banned
Just looked up the Vita announcement thread and funny how everyone thought the Vita would be super expensive. Still, no one bought it at $250 + memory card :(

For some reasons I always feel like if it's $300 with internal memory space, people wouldn't complain. It's like the idea of something optional that's actually a necessity rub people off the wrong way instead of making it into something internal.

nampad

For some reasons I always feel like if it's $300 with internal memory space, people wouldn't complain. It's like the idea of something optional that's actually a necessity rub people off the wrong way instead of making it into something internal.

Yes, the memory cards without any internal memory were a stupid move. I hate their price too and agree that they are totally overpriced. People act like they all needed the biggest one though and where always like it's not 250 + memory card, it is at least 330!
Meanwhile, they are ok with the same bullshit memory pricing on mobile devices.

Funnily, the missing charger for the european 3DS XL gets less hate.

deadfolk

Interested in Ground Zeroes while it's on sale, but...

I'm a bad, bad person and the only MGS I ever played properly was 2 (and I can't evern remember the story of that). I really can't see myself playing through (at least) 3, 4 and the PSP one everyone says comes right before GZ (Portable Ops?).

Can I just skip to GZ, or would that be a crime?

VLiberty

Just looked up the Vita announcement thread and funny how everyone thought the Vita would be super expensive. Still, no one bought it at $250 + memory card :(

Back then, 3DS was 250€ as well (even more here in Italy). Hardware wise, Vita is a generation ahead of the 3DS, and even though 3DS was admittedly overpriced it's no wonder why people thought that thing couldn't be any less than 300+€, and it's no wonder why people went crazy when they knew about Vita wifi being 250€.

The problem is: When Vita was actually released, the 3DS was 180€ and didn't need overpriced memory cards to even boot retail games.

Maid

Banned
I really want to see how would the Vita exclusive sale on the PS4. I guess the soonest we could see is when Tearaway get released.

The problem is: When Vita was actually released, the 3DS was 180€ and didn't need overpriced memory cards to even boot retail games.

I remember the games at the time didn't require memory card to be played. There is a reason Muramasa's save data are stored inside the game cart itself.

Maid

Banned
I'm betting on an expansion.
hopefully

Not sure how these things work though since I usually always play the expanded versions.. Would you be able to carry over your progress? Having to start all over from a 1m sentence would suck..

Most of the time your progress is carried over, like GE Burst, Toukiden Kiwami, Soul Sacrifice Delta. Not sure about MHFU on the PSP since it was a long time ago, I don't even remember if I have played any prior version.

Anyway, if it's indeed expanded version that fix most of the current problem, I'm there day one. Well, for Vita actually. I don't like playing mission based games on console.

Top Bottom