• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

The new Deception 4 will make you fight all the heroines of the previous games... but i still don't understand if it's an expanded version that includes the previous version(like SS Delta) or it's a proper sequel.

Expanded version. I don't know where the confusion is coming from.

Now that i think about it, what happened to Soul Sacrifice 2?

I'm pretty sure that Inafune has already forgotten that the Vita exists, apart from making Soul Sacrifice for Sony they never made any other Vita game but plenty of 3DS games.

As Kamiya once said, Inafune is a businessman. In the build up to Soul Sacrifice's release, Inafune said Vita was for game creators while 3DS is for businessmen.

It rests more on Sony's shoulder than Inafune's, IMO. Don't they own the IP? It's even co-developed with Marvelous.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Played some more Duke3D. It really is a solid port. There are some ugly 2D-in-3D glitches, but otherwise really slick.

Started up The Swapper, but didn't get to yet. Will hopefully spend time tonight.

Takao

Banned
It rests more on Sony's shoulder than Inafune's, IMO. Don't they own the IP? It's even co-developed with Marvelous.

That dig at Inafune was to explain the 3DS exclusivity of the Gunvolt titles.

Yes, Sony does control the keys to Soul Sacrifice and that's why I think it's dead. Sony isn't making Vita games worth mentioning anymore. PS4 already has a higher profile, visually trouncing dark fantasy action game in Bloodborne. If Sony isn't interested in Vita and putting Soul Sacrifice on PS4 would only create in-company competition, why bother?

Producer

vita can last more than 5 hours?

maybe i should get a 2000. my 1000 lasts like 3 / 3 and a half with half brightness and wifi turned off

That dig at Inafune was to explain the 3DS exclusivity of the Gunvolt titles.

Yes, Sony does control the keys to Soul Sacrifice and that's why I think it's dead. Sony isn't making Vita games worth mentioning anymore. PS4 already has a higher profile, visually trouncing dark fantasy action game in Bloodborne. If Sony isn't interested in Vita and putting Soul Sacrifice on PS4 would only create in-company competition, why bother?

Gunvolt wasn't his, I think. His role seemed to be more of a consultant. I am already at work so I can't visit games site but there's a siliconera article titled "Keiji Inafune Talks About His Contribution To Azure Striker Gunvolt".

Personally speaking, I still wish that they could reuse the gameplay elements of Soul Sacrifice into something else. I personally like the whole idea of "magic only" stuff ('weapons' generated from magic and only lasts for a while), with combining magic and all that stuff. Probably something more marketable than the direction that SS took.
For some reason Fairy Tail always come to mind.

vita can last more than 5 hours?

maybe i should get a 2000. my 1000 lasts like 3 / 3 and a half with half brightness and wifi turned off

My Vita 1000 can last up to 5.5 hours playing a Vita game. (Yes, I clocked it when I bought my new one, LOL).

P.S. Don't forget that Li-Ion batteries degrades regardless. And certain climates makes it worse.

My Vita 1000 can last up to 5.5 hours playing a Vita game. (Yes, I clocked it when I bought my new one, LOL).

P.S. Don't forget that Li-Ion batteries degrades regardless. And certain climates makes it worse.

It would depend on what game you were playing, and at what settings (brightness, wifi, bluetooth, volume, etc) - I've gotten 8 hours playing a Vita game before, and as little as 3-3.5 hours.

It would depend on what game you were playing, and at what settings (brightness, wifi, bluetooth, volume, etc) - I've gotten 8 hours playing a Vita game before, and as little as 3-3.5 hours.

And your point is?? I don't see the relationship of why you bolded that part of my post when I'm just telling someone that yes, Vita-1000 can do Vita games for 5 hours - just like it said on the specs years ago (3~5 hours, IIRC).

And your point is?? I don't see the relationship of why you bolded that part of my post when I'm just telling someone that yes, Vita-1000 can do Vita games for 5 hours - just like it said on the specs years ago (3~5 hours, IIRC).

His point is literally exactly what he said lol.

Yep; just clarifying to anyone reading that 5.5 hours isn't a solid "it'll always last this long" number, and that the range is quite wide - depending on many factors.

Not a big deal (or so I thought).

Game Informer Best Of 2014 Awards, guess which is the Best Vita game, that also got another award from the list.

JM1bWia.gif

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Anyone figured out how to make Duke Nukem work well with the PlayStation TV? Doesn't recognize the DualShock L2 and R2 triggers. So, I can't switch weapons, which defaults to the touchscreen.

ZeroAKA

We are live guys:

https://vitameans.wordpress.com/

There are some audio issues to work with on my side, but we wanted to test things out and see what we could pull off. We got into it and had fun, hopefully you do as well. Feedback is always welcome!

But of course, please be gentle.
Slightly surprised you didn't name the first episode "Vita Means Life".

I'll give it a full listen when I get the time tomorrow probably.

Edit: The volume is really low.

SerTapTap

Danganronpa's gotten #3 on RPGFan, since the poll closed yesterday.

Only #3?
image.php

I forsee many avatar quotes in your future

Played some more Duke3D. It really is a solid port. There are some ugly 2D-in-3D glitches, but otherwise really slick.

Wish you could turn off the texture filter though, especially for enemy sprites. Ever since the N64 I've hated blur filters on pixel-art (or simply low res art) for no real reason. I didn't get far, does it pick up significantly after the first couple levels? It just makes me want to play Doom. I wonder how much of a nightmare Z Doom is these days.

The Wolf Among Us Episode 1 (PS3) is free on Amazon right now: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GGU6I90/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I guess I'll try one of these poorly optimized messes. Still pissy about losing Sam & Max though

Christian

Just popping in to say WOW, Phantasy Star Nova and One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2 are AWESOME. One Piece is consuming me right now. So addicted. I'm glad NB is bringing the third one to NA. It deserves the love.

Re:podcast

Think of that first one as a beta of sorts. Still have kinks to work out, and that particular one wasn't structured very well. It'll improve :p

Re:podcast

Think of that first one as a beta of sorts. Still have kinks to work out, and that particular one wasn't structured very well. It'll improve :p

Yeah we literally had so much to talk about, so much that we wanted to say, that we got carried away ahaha. Still, it was pretty fun.

Audio issues are something that I can only fix once I get a legit mic, and that will only happen if people actually want to listen to us talk :p still, NormalFish and Shizuka, I had a blast talking to you both, I sure hope we do some more!

Yasumi

Banned
We are live guys:

https://vitameans.wordpress.com/

There are some audio issues to work with on my side, but we wanted to test things out and see what we could pull off. We got into it and had fun, hopefully you do as well. Feedback is always welcome!

But of course, please be gentle.
Nice!

One little thing, I'm on my tablet and it can't load the plugin you're using. Same thing happened on my iPod.

I'd recommend using something like Soundcloud to upload the podcast, since people can subscribe, you can see views and likes, embed, it's mobile compatible, and offers download links for later listening.

Maid

Banned
Aren't they using embedded soundcloud, though? That's what I'm seeing.

When will I be able to play Puzzle & Dragons on my Vita? :(

Unless it's the same as the mobile one, I wouldn't recommend it. The one on 3DS feel like a dumbed down version, with trimmed content and improved graphic.

At least you don't have to pay for getting screwed by RNG.

Now that SE is treating the Vita as porting machine for their mobile game, maybe one day we will get this?

Top Bottom