• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Yasumi

Banned
I'd be surprised if Freedom Wars G isn't a PSV/PS4 game, but there's something off about this. Would it move PS4s in Japan? Given GE2:RB would launch first, platform preference for this genre and feedback from the first release: I don't think so. Would it sell well enough in Japan to justify its existence? TBD. So that's got me thinking about the west, but Freedom Wars had a weird rollout here. It felt very much like an afterthought. It's sub-only and launched at a budget price. If they knew a PS4 version was coming, why not pay for a dub and spread the costs across both? If it exists, are they just going to stealth launch it on PSN like Soul Sacrifice Delta and Hot Shots Golf 6 PS3? If that's the plan, why bother?
God Eater 2 got a fairly hefty post-game paid story DLC. Considering Freedom Wars' fairly small file size, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened.

Then again, they'd probably want people to buy a new iteration and distance away from the negativity of FW's launch. The post-game also kind of hits a ceiling in terms of difficulty. Unless they strip all of your weapons, add new mechanics, and start you fresh, all of the new stuff would be *really* hard. I'm betting on a sequel.

Top of page edit: Buy Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Shizuka

I need to get back to Freedom Wars soon, maybe after I finish Tales of Hearts R and the two Telltale games I just received.

Chuy

Finally got a chance to listen to the vita means podcast after a day of being sick and finishing the main campaign for destiny. Honestly there's nothing more that needs to be added that hasn't been said before.Look forward to the next one whenever you guys decide to do it

Sarcasm

So...using a nub for FPS sucks...I played duke for 4 hours yesterday and it looked like I was 100 years old by the way I was able to play lol.

So...using a nub for FPS sucks...I played duke for 4 hours yesterday and it looked like I was 100 years old by the way I was able to play lol.

I find you have to hold the vita a little differently to get the right leverage. Not the best device for FPS, but it works.

Spot

So I am about to switch my Ps3 hard drive and I have a quick question about my save files. If i copied all of my files on a usb, will I be able to immediately upload my saves to the new hard drive or is it more complicated than that? I don't have Plus by the way.

I find you have to hold the vita a little differently to get the right leverage. Not the best device for FPS, but it works.

In Destiny what I do when I remote play it I lower my sensitivity from like 7 to 4. Maybe doing the same for Duke could help

RK128

We are live guys:

https://vitameans.wordpress.com/

There are some audio issues to work with on my side, but we wanted to test things out and see what we could pull off. We got into it and had fun, hopefully you do as well. Feedback is always welcome!

But of course, please be gentle.

You guys did a great job :D! Listened to this while getting some gems in Crash 2 and it was a very enjoyable experience :).

Also, great GOTY choice man :D! While I haven't played it in a while and still didn't beat it (....got to floor 91 and beat the Hallow Area section at least :D), it was one of the best Vita-exclusive games I played that came out this year :).

I had a great 2014 with the Vita (got the Persona games thanks to Vita Gaf and played through many indie games thanks to sales and PS+; currently enjoying BoI: Rebirth a lot so far).

Thank you and everyone involved in making the podcast and I look forward to listening to the next episode of it :).

RK128

anyone in VitaGAF keen to join the VitaGAF LINE Chat?
it's one way for us to just chat with another (with our friends who have fallen too)

I would like to be part of this :). If you can send me the link to this, that would be really cool of you :D.

So can someone invite me to that LINE thing or PM me about what information I need to give them? I really don't understand apps :(

I think what you do is replay to the post (the one I was quoting), then you will get PM'd the link to the chat. I don't know if you need a mic or not but I think its how the LINE works :).

RK128

Don't have a smart device, so I cannot be part of the LINE chat :l. Oh well :), I can just talk to you guys through this thread :D.

Thanks for explaining how Line works though Zero :D.

wilflare

Don't have a smart device, so I cannot be part of the LINE chat :l. Oh well :), I can just talk to you guys through this thread :D.

Thanks for explaining how Line works though Zero :D.

sorry for not replying fast.
there's a PC client you can use though!

RK128

There's also a PC client. We should be able to send invites manually.

I know that (installed Line after you sent me the link), but for due to not having an account for Line (and to make one you have to have an Android Phone, iPhone or Windows Phone) and forgetting my Microsoft account password (as I need that to make an account via Windows 8's app-mode)....I have no way to make the PC client work :l.

Either way, thank you for letting me know about this :D.

You guys did a great job :D! Listened to this while getting some gems in Crash 2 and it was a very enjoyable experience :).

Also, great GOTY choice man :D! While I haven't played it in a while and still didn't beat it (....got to floor 91 and beat the Hallow Area section at least :D), it was one of the best Vita-exclusive games I played that came out this year :).

I had a great 2014 with the Vita (got the Persona games thanks to Vita Gaf and played through many indie games thanks to sales and PS+; currently enjoying BoI: Rebirth a lot so far).

Thank you and everyone involved in making the podcast and I look forward to listening to the next episode of it :).

Thank you, glad you enjoyed!

And yes, I am very much looking forward to Lost Song, I alread got my preorder with the fastest shipping option in, I am just that confident that I'll like it as much as HF aha.

SerTapTap

Gyro Aim helps a ton in Vita FPS...yet is often left out, like it is in Duke. Though if I'm not mistaken Duke shooting happens on a 2D plane anyway so just manage your X axis

Thank you, glad you enjoyed!

And yes, I am very much looking forward to Lost Song, I alread got my preorder with the fastest shipping option in, I am just that confident that I'll like it as much as HF aha.
Great Podcast episode dude! Is there a way to download the Audio file? That would be a lot more convenient.

Maid

Banned
Wow guys I have to tell you all, I never thought our little podcast would get this many views. A look at the stats tells me, that since we put our first episode out, there have been 189 views of our blog, spanned across 112 different viewers. On behalf of myself I say thank you for going along with what I thought was an idea that would bomb. Thank you NormalFish and Shizuka for coming along too, we made it happen.

This is overwhelming for me,it might seem like a very small number to many, but for me this is huge. Thank you all for watching, seriously, some of you have even commented on our page. I went ahead and ordered myself some new equipment, so hopefully the audio issues on my side will be somewhat alleviated with time.

You guys rock :) VitaGAF is the best GAF.

Can you check the number of people listened to the podcast? I did spread it around but I'm not sure if people only visit the link and then leave or did they actually listen to the podcast, lol.

Shizuka

Can you check the number of people listened to the podcast? I did spread it around but I'm not sure if people only visit the link and then leave or did they actually listen to the podcast, lol.

We do have a lot of hits coming directly from GAF, that's for sure. That's about as far as I can look up since I'm not yet savvy, but I'm sure Names will give us more info when he's back.

Great Podcast episode dude! Is there a way to download the Audio file? That would be a lot more convenient.

Thanks! And you should be able to download by clicking the little arrow on the player!

For sure here are the stats:

Vita Means Blog:
Views: 221
Visitors: 127
Comments: 4

Soundcloud file:
Played: 107
Downloads: 6
Comments: 1

Top 5 countries that viewed our blog in order:
US
Canada
Sweden
UK
Brazil

Seriously guys, you may be tired of hearing it, but thank you! Successful or not, our episode and blog got a lot more views than I could ever imagine. It is all thanks to you Vitabros!

Maid

Banned
Since it seems like everyone is buying Vita's this past holiday season. I wonder what the sales are like now. Hmm.

I doubt we will ever see it in NPD number. In Japan, it's on the so-so level. Not too bad, but not good either.

bobawesome

I need to get back to Freedom Wars soon, maybe after I finish Tales of Hearts R and the two Telltale games I just received.

I'm still on Code 2 or whatever. I was enjoying my time with the game until they introduced the whole "capture the citizens" mission type.

I'm still on Code 2 or whatever. I was enjoying my time with the game until they introduced the whole "capture the citizens" mission type.

Tap on the screen and tell your Accessory to carry them for you. If you need to keep an Abductor still for a bit, hold your thorn (default thorn) until it glows blue and throw it at the Abductor.

Maid

Banned
About that Neptunia Noire game...I only heard it's not really good or something. Did anyone import it and can tell me a little bit more what make it's not a good game? Still can't decide since it features my favorite goddess, but I'd rather not playing a bad game for my favorite one.

You can tell your Accessory to carry the citizen instead. Pressing Select will bring up the menu, too. Try to get past Code 2 (or 3, I don't remember well), and then you won't have to deal with the game's worst period anymore.

nampad

Maybe it was Sony's strategy to let gamers speculate on the price of the Vita and then prove them all wrong at E3.
As for the RAM issue, it can indeed be confusing, but then again the PS3 launched in 2006, so it doesn't seem totally unreal to me that 5 years later you have 4 times the main RAM.
Watching that Scott Rhode interview, it's sad to see how little remains of their vision.

Tried out The Swapper yesterday, really like the atmosphere. Haven't played the other PS+ games yet.

Yes, the PS3 was quite old at that time but we are talking about mobile hardware. 1GB main RAM would have been huge back then for pretty much every mobile device. Being a gaming system, the amount would have been even more impressive. I know Apple cheaps out compared to Android manufacturers but their Iphones still only have 1 GB main RAM today.

Also, the Vita has an ace up its sleeve with the dedicated VRAM compared to other mobile devices which holds true to this day. Mobile hardware doesn't have any dedicated VRAM and the memory bandwidth is a problem for mobile GPUs.

As you mentioned, it is really sad looking back to the old days and seeing how many things ended.

bobawesome

Tap on the screen and tell your Accessory to carry them for you. If you need to keep an Abductor still for a bit, hold your thorn (default thorn) until it glows blue and throw it at the Abductor.

You can tell your Accessory to carry the citizen instead. Pressing Select will bring up the menu, too. Try to get past Code 2 (or 3, I don't remember well), and then you won't have to deal with the game's worst period anymore.

That's wonderful news. Thanks to both of you for letting me know.

Maid

Banned
That's wonderful news. Thanks to both of you for letting me know.

Also, once you get Beatrice, she will automatically deal with the citizen without you even have to tell her, and seem like she priorities your safety before anything else. The true waifu.

Different companions have different AI as far as I know.

Takao

Banned
nightmare suezo
EHJfESR.jpg

VdGxoUt.jpg

WiS983v.jpg

PlayStation Store Sneak Peek: January 13th 2015

PS3 Games
Monopoly Deal
Monopoly Plus

PSP Game
Brandish: The Dark Revenant

Vita Games
Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Shake Spears!

Still playing Monopoly Deal and I find players all the time. At this point everyone has got the strategy down and now it is a lot of luck but I still like relaxing to it. It is kind of Uno at this point. Wish PS3 players would be in the mix with cross play.

Joe Danger 2 kinda sucked. The original was so awesome but the sequel was so disappointing. The new vehicles were not fun. I just wanted to do the motorcycle.

Shake Spears looks like a mobile port of a free to play game. Nope.

Tizoc

Maybe it was Sony's strategy to let gamers speculate on the price of the Vita and then prove them all wrong at E3.
As for the RAM issue, it can indeed be confusing, but then again the PS3 launched in 2006, so it doesn't seem totally unreal to me that 5 years later you have 4 times the main RAM.
Watching that Scott Rhode interview, it's sad to see how little remains of their vision.

Tried out The Swapper yesterday, really like the atmosphere. Haven't played the other PS+ games yet.

Do you have a PS4? cuz the creator of The Swapper made this game which is releasing on PS4 in a few months
Talos_Principle_logo.jpg

Top Bottom