• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

So I just got my new headset and let me tell you, the difference in audio quality is like night and day. One more step towards making the podcast a little better aha.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/08/freedom-wars-announcement-made-weekend/

will be interesting to see what is announced. still yet though even with a re-release or a new version doubt that a lot of folks would want to go through all of the pain in the ass parts of the initial story again to get to the newer contents.

if its a totally new game then the whole prison system thing with removing your sentence doesnt make sense anymore considering how the game ended.

so basically today the event is going down am guessing info will come out later in the evening

Retailer that I think is banned on GAF have listed Neptunia U for 22nd May release date. Seems likely.

It's a Vita game a month for me every month until May now!

Jan: Neptunia Rebirth 2
Feb: Firely Diary
Mar: Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
Apr: Operation Abyss
May: Neptunia U

Might swap TTGH for Hyperdevotion Noire. On the one hand, I'm heading for serious burnout on that series, but on the other Tokyo Twilight doesn't appeal to me as much as it first did ("gameplay" segments look a bit meh).

autoduelist

So which Vita-exclusive games do you feel deserve more praise than Danganronpa? It's not like there's a lot of them.

TxK (soon not to be exclusive, but has been since release), Demon Gaze, Tearaway (until it hits ps4 I guess), Killzone Mercs, Lumines, Super Stardust HD, Freedom Wars, Wipeout 2049, Uncharted GA... off the top of my head. Heck, let's add Unit 13 to the list. And I suppose P4G even though I don't like that much either.

Prelude.

will be interesting to see what is announced. still yet though even with a re-release or a new version doubt that a lot of folks would want to go through all of the pain in the ass parts of the initial story again to get to the newer contents.
What do you mean? If it's a 1.5 version you'll probably be able to import your save and start from where you left.

...Danganronpa isn't Vita exclusive. Hell you can make a much better case for P4G being exclusive.
It's the only version available in the west.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
TxK (soon not to be exclusive, but has been since release), Demon Gaze, Tearaway (until it hits ps4 I guess), Killzone Mercs, Lumines, Super Stardust HD, Freedom Wars, Wipeout 2049, Uncharted GA... off the top of my head. Heck, let's add Unit 13 to the list. And I suppose P4G even though I don't like that much either.
I like you.

You mentioning Unit 13 makes me especially happy. Such an underrated game.

BraXzy

So far on my PS4 I've been mainly playing Infamous: Second Son. I nearly didn't buy it because I remember it getting a mediocre reception from what I could tell at the time of release but I'm really enjoying it. And boy oh boy is it a looker. It's one of the best looking next gen games I've played, if not the best so far. I have seriously spent as much time in photo mode as actually playing :3

Out of interest, why don't consoles themselves have OT's?

Also, also, for someone who has never played a MGS game since I've never owned a PS console before. Should I get Ground Zeroes? I've always wanted to play one and it seems like it's the perfect little demo tester for the series' gameplay from the sounds of it?

Retailer that I think is banned on GAF have listed Neptunia U for 22nd May release date. Seems likely.

It's a Vita game a month for me every month until May now!

Jan: Neptunia Rebirth 2
Feb: Firely Diary
Mar: Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
Apr: Operation Abyss
May: Neptunia U

Might swap TTGH for Hyperdevotion Noire. On the one hand, I'm heading for serious burnout on that series, but on the other Tokyo Twilight doesn't appeal to me as much as it first did ("gameplay" segments look a bit meh).

I'm okay with this but it's gonna be tough for me in March... MH4U (rumored for that month), FF Type-0, Bloodborne, Tokyo Twilight... FUCK.

Prelude.

Also, also, for someone who has never played a MGS game since I've never owned a PS console before. Should I get Ground Zeroes? I've always wanted to play one and it seems like it's the perfect little demo tester for the series' gameplay from the sounds of it?
No, really, if you don't want to play 1+2+3+4+PW don't even bother.
The gameplay is also pretty different in GZ so it's not even representative of the series.

BraXzy

No, really, if you don't want to play 1+2+3+4+PW don't even bother.
The gameplay is also pretty different in GZ so it's not even representative of the series.

Hmm okay.Could I still play GZ and enjoy it and then get round to playing the original games later on to get into the series?

Prelude.

Hmm okay.Could I still play GZ and enjoy it and then get round to playing the original games later on to get into the series?
No, GZ spoils the entirety of the major plot twists of MGS3 in its first 10 seconds, it's definitely NOT worth it considering how good MGS3 is and how bad GZ is.

There's still quite some time before TPP comes out, just skip GZ, it's probably included in TPP and if it isn't, it's not a big deal.

I'm okay with this but it's gonna be tough for me in March... MH4U (rumored for that month), FF Type-0, Bloodborne, Tokyo Twilight... FUCK.

Oh, that's not counting other consoles. I'm after Final Fantasy Type-0; Atelier Shallie & Under Night In-Birth too. Gonna have to do some serious prioritizing!

Sad thing is I can afford to buy a lot more games these days, but I don't have the time I used to for playing them!

Oh, that's not counting other consoles. I'm after Final Fantasy Type-0; Atelier Shallie & Under Night In-Birth too. Gonna have to do some serious prioritizing!

Sad thing is I can afford to buy a lot more games these days, but I don't have the time I used to for playing them!

I'm on the same boat. Buying these is no problem, it's actually getting around to playing them all...

SerTapTap

Do we still not know what the deal is with Neptunia 2's LE and when it'll be on sale? I honestly think I should wait and get for PC but it feels weird having the LE for one only. Why couldn't they bring the figures over too. IFI's bonuses suck.

PepperedHam

Playing through Persona 4 Golden for the first time and it's rocking my world. While I enjoy my time in Inaba I am wondering what the next must have JRPG would be for the Vita. What is good enough to become instant priority after the P4G credits roll (and I begin NG+)? I've been tossing it up between Tales of Hearts R and Ys but then I hear some good things about the Atelier games. Hyperdimension is one I have my eye on as well.

Any input on where to go after Persona? And if it were to be an Atelier game which one is the best out of the few that are on Vita?

Producer

Playing through Persona 4 Golden for the first time and it's rocking my world. While I enjoy my time in Inaba I am wondering what the next must have JRPG would be for the Vita. What is good enough to become instant priority after the P4G credits roll (and I begin NG+)? I've been tossing it up between Tales of Hearts R and Ys but then I hear some good things about the Atelier games. Hyperdimension is one I have my eye on as well.

Any input on where to go after Persona? And if it were to be an Atelier game which one is the best out of the few that are on Vita?

Ys Celceta is a good choice since its a action rpg, nice change of pace from turn based battles. Its also one of the best vita games imo.

Though you should definately play Atelier. Ayesha Plus comes out next week and is the first part of a trilogy, it would be a good place to start.

redcrayon

I haven't tried the Atelier games, but I prefer Ys MoC to Tales. Tales is still pretty good though, I just find the action-rpg nature of Ys to be really compelling, and the music is awesome. Plus the lead of any Tales game pales in comparison to an old-school hero like Adol, who keeps his mouth shut and the navel-gazing to a minimum.

After Persona 4, as much as I'd love to suggest Persona 3, I won't simply because story aside and such, the gameplay isn't as refined which is a big deal for some (and because you might have already played it). I liked the story and characters in 3 better, but the gameplay is at its finest in P4G.

I recommend Demon Gaze, specially if you dig DRPGs.

bobohoro

Atelier Aysha+ comes this month, so you could hop on board for the start of a new trilogy on the Vita. Or check out Totori+, the best of the last three. They share some elements with P4, mainly the Slice-Of-Life scenarios, calender elements and a great cast of characters, but Atelier games are vastly different in tone, relying more on light-hearted atmosphere and personal plots.

Tales Of Hearts R is also pretty far up my list of games to play next. Heard many good things about it being a more traditional take on the Tales games. If you are looking for a fast paced, action-y battle system, you'd feel right at home here.

Ys: Memories Of Celceta is even further down the action RPG road, great exploration included. A really fun game, especially if you get into combat and the challenges it presents you, but it's a pretty ugly game and everything else is more or less average about it.

Considering Ys, maybe you might take a look at some PSP games? Ys: The Oath In Felghana is my personal favourite in the series. It's more an Adventure with RPG elements, but it has one of the best battle systems, is highly replayable and features everything kickass about Ys, including amazing music, great bosses and Adol.

And if you are looking for something story-focused, get Trails In The Sky. Slow-burning, greatly written and amazingly captivating.

Parakeetman

What do you mean? If it's a 1.5 version you'll probably be able to import your save and start from where you left.

It's the only version available in the west.

The thing is though unless they did a massive content update for end game users, Id imagine most folks are not going to be too interested in the title here. Since a lot of the gameplay flaws still exist. Title most def needs a reworking of the melee system along with a better selection of weapons / enemies.

The varied missions are fine as is and stage design was good for the most part, but the game failed to hold folks attention near the end.

If it turns out good great, but will most def wait and see what they actually announced. Though not exactly having high hopes for the title.

One thing that I would like to think for certain will happen is the inclusion of the 3 idols, since thats one of the few things that is remaining popular with the series.

Id really think that for this game to improve overall it will need a 2nd title and not just a "G" addition. Since it needs a huge overhaul. Esp if they want to get back the fans they lost initially. Reason why I say that is by going off the same initial design they would not be able to do that many large changes to the title itself and if they were going to do so, might as well do a 2nd title instead.

One thing for sure is that the title seems to have been better received in the West than it did here.

Parakeetman

The PSP one is a DRPG. My brother had it, but he lost his copy with his PSP two years ago, which is a shame.

Both seem to be rated fairly well considering that generally anime licensed stuff are pretty bad usually. Im more interested in it since Mami is in both games. lol

Best manga ever
71%2BjJi4B6HL.jpg

antibolo

Banned

It's a PSP game but Trails In The Sky is great (and the sequel is coming this year).

maouvin

Just finished DR2 (the main game - didn't play the extras or read IF yet). Now I can finally wander through pixiv and such after fanarts without worrying about spoilers!
Let's see how long until AE spoilers jump to my face

Parakeetman

What is it with you and girls eating ramen? :D

I know right, ironic considering I dont eat ramen all that much these days anymore lol.

also have this at home.

---

Need to check the JPSN store since I heard there was a new freedom wars theme out? saw a post about it on a JP Blog I follow they had put up a pic after the winter comiket.

150102_01.jpg

150102_05.jpg

150102_06.jpg

Not sure if its for sale considering they said it was from a download ticket they got the theme.

*Just checked nope not for sale / on the JPSN.

Flandy

Any word on when we're getting our 10% discount code?

Just finished DR2 (the main game - didn't play the extras or read IF yet). Now I can finally wander through pixiv and such after fanarts without worrying about spoilers!
Let's see how long until AE spoilers jump to my face

Read IF

Yasumi

Banned
I think I might have to look into getting the Madoka Magika game for the Vita.

Am still interested in the PSP one also.

Both play totally differently it seems.
I enjoyed the heck out of it, and it was my second ever platinum. If you're playing it for the chance to see everybody interacting and working together, it's wonderful. The scenes where you obtain combination attacks with Mami are the best. Gameplay's clunky but serviceable, and oddly addictive. It feels good to power yourself into an absolute monster and destroy bosses in a single hit. Nice amount of post game too.

antibolo

Banned
Vita theme offerings in the West are shit. We don't even have the Freedom Wars theme that Japan got at launch.

Contrast with 3DS which has like one billion new themes per week.

Flandy

Vita theme offerings in the West are shit. We don't even have the Freedom Wars theme that Japan got at launch.

Contrast with 3DS which has like one billion new themes per week.

In Sonys defense the PS4 isn't exactly getting a lot of themes either

antibolo

Banned
In Sonys defense the PS4 isn't exactly getting a lot of themes either

But the PS4 is not getting much themes in Japan either. That Toro theme is nice though, before the 20th anniversary theme it was the one I used (thank god for multiple accounts).

Xenoflare

Ok I don't know if this is the best place to ask, this is faster than the Soul Sacrifice thread and this is also the de facto thread for Vita gaf.

I am at 17/17 in SS:Delta and really would like to grind some levels, I haven't been playing this game since I transferred my save from my PS+ SS (25/25) and I'm in a positions where I have strong offerings due to save inheritance but am too squishy and I really want to get back to a high level to complete the story.

For reference, I was completely stuck in the old SS where you went solo in the story mode and I have to fight this cyclops alone.

I suck at hunting games but love them at the same time, any tips for me?

Yes that's actually the current theme on my 3DS right now lol

(And yes it is out here now, since last week)

It's too glorious.

Ok I don't know if this is the best place to ask, this is faster than the Soul Sacrifice thread and this is also the de facto thread for Vita gaf.

I am at 17/17 in SS:Delta and really would like to grind some levels, I haven't been playing this game since I transferred my save from my PS+ SS (25/25) and I'm in a positions where I have strong offerings due to save inheritance but am too squishy and I really want to get back to a high level to complete the story.

For reference, I was completely stuck in the old SS where you went solo in the story mode and I have to fight this cyclops alone.

Not an SS expert, but take this from a Monster Hunter seasoned player, play the game, make mistakes, pay attention to monster animations. SS is more reliant on game skills than actual player skills, but knowing your enemy goes a long way.

I take back what I said. We need more themes

We do. Those Freedom Wars themes that Parakeet posted here are too good.

Hey PSN GAF, something weird has been going on with Muramasa Rebirth and its DLC on my Vita and I wondered if anyone has a idea what's going on or how to fix this :/

I bought Muramasa digitally and also the first two chapters of the Genroku Legends DLC, both separately. Now I felt like playing Muramasa again and my Vita prompted me to update the game which I did. Now comes the funny thing: I can still select the DLC in the menu but I can only select to play "Chapter 2: Fishy Tales of Nekomata" despite knowing that I bought "Chapter 1: A Cause to Daikon for" too. Okay so I thought simply redownloading the DLC should fix this but, according to PSN I never bought either DLC o.o

Both DLC chapters show up as "Buy now!" with a 3.99€ price and are nowehere to be found in my download list from a quick glance. How does this work? I mean Fishy Tales of Nekomata is still installed and I can play it despite PSN thinking I never bought it :/

Has anyone experienced something like this before and maybe any idea what to do? Thanks for help in advance!

Pick the area with the most difficulty stars which has low level monsters in it only. Equip your character for maximum damage (to beat them quick, you shouldn't need a lot of health) and go in the level a bunch of times in a row. Homing weapons and dash moves work well here, as they will leave you less vulnerable to attacks and finish them off quick.

Xenoflare

Pick the area with the most difficulty stars which has low level monsters in it only. Equip your character for maximum damage (to beat them quick, you shouldn't need a lot of health) and go in the level a bunch of times in a row. Homing weapons and dash moves work well here, as they will leave you less vulnerable to attacks and finish them off quick.

I'll check later tonight, since I recall most of those "high level" grunt quests I've seen are actually pretty tame, maybe they are hidden within those scribbled quests that requires a memory shard collection phase first.

I'll check later tonight, since I recall most of those "high level" grunt quests I've seen are actually pretty tame, maybe they are hidden within those scribbled quests that requires a memory shard collection phase first.

I go to XII's Monstrous Mountain Muster to level up.

RK128

I recommend playing though Persona 3 Portable once you are done with your first play-through of P4G :). I beat P4G at least three/four times (all in one month XD!) before tackling P3P and....I fell in love with P3P :). The game takes the core mechanics from the original Persona 4 and adds them to Persona 3 with the option to play as a female main character, a few new Persona's to use, new SL's exclusive for the FM Main Character and a VN-esc look for the game (a compromise due to it being on PSP; not enough space I guess to fit the whole world from the PS2 version :l).

I loved P3P, so I happily recommend that if you want a great JRPG to play :D.

Edit: Plus the Persona games go on sale quite often, so keep checking PSN every week to see if the game ends up being on sale sometime soon. The cheapest the game got was 5 bucks (when I got it) but it also went to 10 bucks I believe a few months back (maybe September or October :l). Hope this helps :).

Top Bottom