• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

nampad

I assume you are talking about the story, right? I don't remember it's get that much better later though. The missions content did pick up in Code 4 since there are less fetching and you already got instant travel at that time.

No, I don't mean the story. I mean the horrible pacing and the missions mostly don't seem interesting.
Even with the fast travel I am annoyed that after every small mission I have to leave my cell to go talk to somebody and get through millions of loading screens. I think the game is badly designed in too many aspects.
The actual gameplay is also a mixed bag. Some missions were cool but many were boring and annoying. I don't like playing capture the flag (or citizen) and point capture against bots. The boss fights could be also better, so far they feel like just shoot shoot shoot get ammo and repeat. Don't think the encounters have interesting patterns.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Oh thanks for the heads up, hope that price stays like that for another day so I can go ahead and order the retail ver.
Can this one be shipped though? I don't live anywhere near a gamestop =X
This is one of my favourite vita games. you fools best jump on this shit.
Says "not available" for me. hope others can find a copy.
Two words. One word. Pricematch.

Go to your local store that has that customer service rep (or that cashier you're friendly with) that really doesn't give a damn, be really nice to them and ask very nicely if they'll pricematch for you. Thank them even if they say they can't. Or, ask for a manger and use those social skills I know you all have any woo him/her into letting you do it. I would offer to buy the game for GAF'ers here since Houston is loaded to the rim with them but after shipping and tax it would come out to like $30 and at that point you may as well order from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KMBJWQU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Speaking of which, if anyone is looking for a rare game search Houston and I'll see if we can work something out. God knows my Gamestop is overflowing with copies of Nier.

Tizoc

Go to your local store that has that customer service rep (or that cashier you're friendly with) that really doesn't give a damn, be really nice to them and ask very nicely if they'll pricematch for you. Thank them even if they say they can't. Or, ask for a manger and use those social skills I know you all have any woo him/her into letting you do it. I would offer to buy the game for GAF'ers here since Houston is loaded to the rim with them but after shipping and tax it would come out to like $30 and at that point you may as well order from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KMBJWQU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Speaking of which, if anyone is looking for a rare game search Houston and I'll see if we can work something out. God knows my Gamestop is overflowing with copies of Nier.
I don't live in america :V
Is that ver. compatible with the US PSN DLC?

coolasj19

I don't live in america :V
Is that ver. compatible with the US PSN DLC?
Awww. I don't know why I forget people don't all live in America. Ummmmm... probably? You're gonna have to wait for someone else to log on and answer. I'm clueless when it comes to region stuff. After tomorrow I'll have 3 retail games I've hardly touched. Demon Gaze, Freedom Wars then One Piece. *sigh* One day, I'll catch up. One day...

wilflare

I should have asked you. been trying to source a couple of rare items.
what's so limited about the One Piece Limited Edition? or is it just a limited physical copy run? still waiting for a PSN sale..

I thought the Shinovi Versus LE would have been sold out long ago.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Posted this in a different thread where a user was asking for lesser known PSP / PSV titles.

For those of you who creep the JPSN store and want an advance wars type of game (more serious setting, but very similar gameplay) look for these 2 titles. Get ready to lose hours of your life with these games.

51SRE2T3DQL.jpg

PSP - た - 大戦略ポータブル Genki the Best
大戦略ポータブル2 Genki the Best

Both go for 1,851 JPY

SS from first game
8tnu01000014rn0q.jpg
8tnu01000014rn0w.jpg
8tnu01000002rrm5.jpg

SS from second game
8tnu01000002rrmn.jpg
8tnu0100001v33g9.jpg
8tnu0100001v33fx.jpg

Turn off sound so you dont have to hear the stupid commentary. Hopefully the link works at the specific time since will show you what the combat cutscenes look like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL5TK2s6urI#t=857

For those familiar with the Sega Saturn title Iron Storm (localized name) its the same series.

------

Also folks need to get this game who enjoy melee combat.

While it has some Acquire jank to it, the combat is pretty damned satisfying. Nice to see how pieces of armor actually protect the player too and is not just for looks. It will defend against attacks on the specific parts, till damage threshold is reached and piece of armor will fly off. You can pick it back up again though. Once you get used to how the game plays and stick with it, am sure you will have a good time since its pretty unique.

Attacks work as High, Medium, Low.

Same goes for the damage gauge, where your head, arms / torso and legs can get damaged. Sections on the eagle that are not colored green mean it is currently protected by armor on your own indicator. Once the green color appears means piece of armor got knocked off and it is not exposed. When weapons / equipment flash red means it is about to be knocked off from your body / hands.

Pretty much if you lose health for head / torso you will get knocked out or die. Arms / Legs will cripple the player / enemy.

Tons of weapons in the game too and skills to use.

Shit gets intense with the later fights.

Really wish the quality was better, since this player knows what they are doing. Good use of timing with the skills, dodge and parry.
even though they die in the end for getting corner fucked lol
That boss they are fighting too is a huge pain in the ass due to his defensive ability, high HP and general power moves with his weapons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbZWphMwzSY

Watching this vid makes me want to find my copy and play all over again. You would not believe the kind of searching (on foot) I had to do to find a brand new copy since at the time amazon only had used ones.

Some other random footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s78kf8CQevI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiypMuHQ2yY

Also hilarious stupid tournament pvp fight footage lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tNLGhV1On4

And other footage from same tourny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwOIxxrAXyc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6J2NoKD6P0

coolasj19

I should have asked you. been trying to source a couple of rare items.
what's so limited about the One Piece Limited Edition? or is it just a limited physical copy run? still waiting for a PSN sale..
I thought the Shinovi Versus LE would have been sold out long ago.
PM me if you're looking for something. It's only a chance though. What's limited about it? It's a Vita game of an anime. Which is like a niche within a niche. I'd wager that no stores would be ordering new ones once they're gone. But otherwise, nothing. Pretty sure it's the same as the regular pack but this one says day one on it. The most telling thing is that in all my Vita section scouring, I've never seen one that didn't say Day One. Leads me to believe there's none after that.

To be honest I'm shocked and grateful anyone still bothers with physical Vita games at retail. Don't know what kind of extortion Sony is using to keep it getting shelf space. Probably just comboing it with the PS4.

To be honest I'm shocked and grateful anyone still bothers with physical Vita games at retail. Don't know what kind of extortion Sony is using to keep it getting shelf space. Probably just comboing it with the PS4.

It's that bad in the US? Here in France yhe Vita has a bigger retail shelves space then the WiiU, it even got more retail shelves recently in the biggest multimedia store over here.

Parakeetman

It's that bad in the US? Here in France yhe Vita has a bigger retail shelves space then the WiiU, it even got more retail shelves recently in the biggest multimedia store over here.

It can be depending.

Every time Im back in the US of A the shit does seem to get smaller and smaller sections.

Parakeetman

So, what was it (the freedom wars news)?

If this is it lots of folks will be let down.

Some project with the Propaganda Idols.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/987/987631/

そのステージイベント“音楽活動報告会”にて、吉澤プロデューサーからプロパガンダアイドルに関する新プロジェクトの準備が進んでいるとの発表がありました。

『フリーダムウォーズ』
 キーワードは“5”。新曲5曲が今後なんらかの形で公開されていくそうですが、もしかすると“貢献Girls”に続く新ユニットが誕生するかもしれません。

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Xseed is teasing something
1420886211-xseed-2015.jpg

It's me or Vert is overpowered compared to others? I initially thought it was normal because she was one level over the others but even with blanc and mages having higher level than her Vert is immune to some attacks without having any accessory that increments her resistances and her attacks, especially the exe attack that also applies lots of negative status, are stronger.

I thought that Noire would have been my favorite girl but now that i'm playing the game i have to say that Vert is way better than expected, really underrated.

anddo0

Has anyone here ever had all their PS+ games float to the top of your transaction history?

My media history shows all my PS+ games were purchased on 1/9/2015.. Not only that, but it lists some issues of Qore magazine as well.

Zhao_Yun

Has anyone here ever had all their PS+ games float to the top of your transaction history?

My media history shows all my PS+ games were purchased on 1/9/2015.. Not only that, but it lists some issues of Qore magazine as well.

I think it happens when you renew your ps+ subscription since all ps+ games get a new timestamp.

All my PS+ games get pushed to the top of my download list when I renew.

Edit: Beaten.

bobohoro

For those of you who have played P3P and FES is the lack of over world and cutscenes a big loss? Just wondering if the Portable is as good as an experience.

I consider Portable a huge downgrade to FES and think that it's not the version that should be played the first time 'round. It loses a lot of atmosphere due to the cut overworld and cutscenes, especially in the last few months of the game. The Answer, while not liked by many, is great for those seeking a challenge and has at least some decent scenes to go along with it. The common argument against FES, that you have no total control over your party, is also exaggerated greatly in my opinion. Yeah, there are a few times where your party members will do something stupid (Mitsuru and Marin Karin say Hi!) but it is more than manageable and kinda adds to the feeling that you are the leader of a group and the others are their own characters with their own decisions.

Only real advantage of Portable is the FeMC, which definitely adds a few nice story and character touches to the game and overall is the more enjoyable path, but again I feel like that is something best experienced in a second playthrough of the game.

jvm

Gamasutra.
So, yeah, if you're playing The Swapper, holding down the clone placement trigger (L on PSV) causes the game to slow waaaaaaaay down. That's kind of essential to know when you get to the column with red on top of it... otherwise you're kind of stuck.

Not that I was stuck or anything. Nope. Figured it out. Didn't even have to look online. Or anything like that.

*grumble*

It's me or Vert is overpowered compared to others? I initially thought it was normal because she was one level over the others but even with blanc and mages having higher level than her Vert is immune to some attacks without having any accessory that increments her resistances and her attacks, especially the exe attack that also applies lots of negative status, are stronger.

I thought that Noire would have been my favorite girl but now that i'm playing the game i have to say that Vert is way better than expected, really underrated.

That's exactly how I feel too. Vert is my favourite party member because of the status effect EXE skill (+ magic based combo skills which I find very useful for a lot of stuff), but I also enjoyed her character more than anyone else too.

Which I was really surprised with.

VLiberty

Finished Festival of Blood and it was great. It got me hyped for I2 as I guess they share the same gameplay, because a lot of things(combat, traversal especially) improved from the first game.
Is there anything like the Swarm Shadow in I2?

bobohoro

Vert was my MVP for major parts of the game. Her EXE-Drive is a magical attack, which seems to be more effective on many enemy types, especially machines, and she gets a pretty INT-heavy lance halfway through the game, makes her extremely powerful. Applying some good debuffs to enemies with it and having the option to hit multiple targets is also nice.

I ended up liking all 4 goddesses in the end, with Neptune being my favourite and Vert having a bit of an edge over the other two. When looking up some additional scenes on youtube and hearing the english voice of Blanc I was pretty shocked, her character is totally off there, while her japanese VA is one of the most entertaining one in the whole game. :/

Yes. Not sure if that was worth the five free PS+ days.

jvm

Gamasutra.

Hahaha. Qore magazine. Those were the days. Was that during tanod's tenure as our thread host? All y'all Vita people are such newbies. :)

Edit: Really enjoying The Swapper. Such a good moody choice for PS+.

RK128

193gqmnywp5itjpg2iuqi.jpg

It allegedly was in the Japanese manual so I don't think it would even hurt your warranty if you had any. It is just unscrewing some screws, no further disassembly.

Thank you for posting that :); if I decide to do that, I now have an idea how to unscrewing the system correctly.

Besides, I think I fixed my issue anyway; let the system drain, let it be for 10 minutes, then let it charge over night. Left my Vita alone for a good thirty seconds and the battery glitch didn't pop up :D.

Thank you nampad and the rest of Vita Gaf for the advice on this issue :D.

HGH

Banned
Xseed is teasing something
1420886211-xseed-2015.jpg

Some nice people in another thread here have been working on the image.
xpZ7pll.png

Seems to be Forbidden Magna and Ys 6: The Ark of Napishtim respectively so far. The others are a bit too vague at the moment.

Vert's pretty good regardless of the instalment really. Magic damage is just better in general, and her buffs/debuffs are great, doubly so in a game where the speed stat doubles as an evasion stat (AGI). Plus she gets a lot of moments wherein before she was a bit more gimmicky (mostly sister obsessed).

Very nice, I think Xseed is one of the companies that teases games right. This kind of stuff gets the community together, and makes for a fun time. DetectiveGaf is already hard at work on this one.

Chuy

So that Destiny addiction phenomenon is a real thing and not something made up. The past couple of days have been playing crucible and doing strikes for hours on end.

When i get a chance i'll take a couple of photos from the various retailers that have vita games. Trust me when i say abysmal is a understatement. Even Gamestop's offerings isn't that good.

Maid

Banned
I feel like I'm the only one here doesn't use Vert. Not because I don't like her, but because of the "only 6 characters per party set up, and 3 are acting as support".

SerTapTap

Ducktales is really funny and well animated (well, the 2D parts are). Scrooge is fantastic and I love his quips. Game would look far better if they did 2D art for the backgrounds though.

Playing through it on Easy because I'm picky about platformers (Mega Man series is one of very few "hard" platformers I've ever enjoyed, it's not a genre I have much patience with) and I have nostalgia for Ducktales the show not Ducktales the game. Is there any actual reason to play above easy other than "waaaa NES games, die a lot blehhh" because mechanically there doesn't seem to be too much here nor can I see what difficulty would presently add to the game.

So that Destiny addiction phenomenon is a real thing and not something made up. The past couple of days have been playing crucible and doing strikes for hours on end.

There's a very...certain sort of person that definitely reacts to destiny in that way. Fortunately I am most certainly not one of them.

I feel like I'm the only one here doesn't use Vert. Not because I don't like her, but because of the "only 6 characters per party set up, and 3 are acting as support".

Well Vert is like the most boring of the main CPUs so...I doubt you're the only one. Her rack and the Otaku thing are the only particularly endearing features, she's not bad (Ram, now Ram is bad) but she's eh. But then Rebirth went and ruined Noire and Blanc, plus Vert is very good in battle so she was still one of my mains in Rebirth. Blanc just doesn't play very well IMO. Too focused on single heavy hits in a combat system that doesn't reward that in any real way.

So since I don't wanna keep on posting too much about the podcast here unless there's a new episode or something, and since we will really soon be taking your comments and questions, I made us a Twitter account, on @vita_means . I'll update it frequently and answer any questions that you may have there!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ducktales is really funny and well animated (well, the 2D parts are). Scrooge is fantastic and I love his quips. Game would look far better if they did 2D art for the backgrounds though.

Playing through it on Easy because I'm picky about platformers (Mega Man series is one of very few "hard" platformers I've ever enjoyed, it's not a genre I have much patience with) and I have nostalgia for Ducktales the show not Ducktales the game. Is there any actual reason to play above easy other than "waaaa NES games, die a lot blehhh" because mechanically there doesn't seem to be too much here nor can I see what difficulty would presently add to the game.

There's a very...certain sort of person that definitely reacts to destiny in that way. Fortunately I am most certainly not one of them.

Well Vert is like the most boring of the main CPUs so...I doubt you're the only one. Her rack and the Otaku thing are the only particularly endearing features, she's not bad (Ram, now Ram is bad) but she's eh. But then Rebirth went and ruined Noire and Blanc, plus Vert is very good in battle so she was still one of my mains in Rebirth. Blanc just doesn't play very well IMO. Too focused on single heavy hits in a combat system that doesn't reward that in any real way.
From what I read the only difference on easy is you take half damage and have infinite continues. I feel the lives system does nothing but add annoyance by making me do the whole level over again. And the thing is whenever I replay the level I have zero trouble because I know how to avoid death in the level that time. Really all it adds is repetition after you die a few times. It doesn't seem like a game where the enjoyment comes from any difficulty.

Top Bottom