• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

I got my 5-day PS+ extension a few hours ago. Did anyone here get it? You'll know you got it when all of your PS+ free stuff is back at the top of the download list.

Is it in Sorcerous Deeds? I only unlocked everything up to VIII with Forgotten Pacts and Additonal Pacts.

I am so behind.

Yes.
Sorcerous Deeds-> Pacts-> XII. Age of Reformation-> Monstrous Mountain Muster

Before this I think I used to farm Dullahan in The Trail of a Life Ch.1

Reposting for the new page:

Hey PSN GAF, something weird has been going on with Muramasa Rebirth and its DLC on my Vita and I wondered if anyone has a idea what's going on or how to fix this :/

I bought Muramasa digitally and also the first two chapters of the Genroku Legends DLC, both separately. Now I felt like playing Muramasa again and my Vita prompted me to update the game which I did. Now comes the funny thing: I can still select the DLC in the menu but I can only select to play "Chapter 2: Fishy Tales of Nekomata" despite knowing that I bought "Chapter 1: A Cause to Daikon for" too. Okay so I thought simply redownloading the DLC should fix this but, according to PSN I never bought either DLC o.o

Both DLC chapters show up as "Buy now!" with a 3.99€ price and are nowehere to be found in my download list from a quick glance. How does this work? I mean Fishy Tales of Nekomata is still installed and I can play it despite PSN thinking I never bought it :/

Has anyone experienced something like this before and maybe any idea what to do? Thanks for help in advance!

Shinriji

Makes me wonder if this is the development issues Tabata was talking about wrt Agito Plus.

If Agito is made on Unity, could be. I checked and the current vita build of unity is 4.3.4, the latest version is 4.6.1, released nov 22 2014.

I saw on the official unity forum that they will skip vita 4.6 to release unity 5.0 (announced but not yet released) simultaneously with the IOS and android version.

PepperedHam

I recommend playing though Persona 3 Portable once you are done with your first play-through of P4G :). I beat P4G at least three/four times (all in one month XD!) before tackling P3P and....I fell in love with P3P :). The game takes the core mechanics from the original Persona 4 and adds them to Persona 3 with the option to play as a female main character, a few new Persona's to use, new SL's exclusive for the FM Main Character and a VN-esc look for the game (a compromise due to it being on PSP; not enough space I guess to fit the whole world from the PS2 version :l).

I loved P3P, so I happily recommend that if you want a great JRPG to play :D.

Edit: Plus the Persona games go on sale quite often, so keep checking PSN every week to see if the game ends up being on sale sometime soon. The cheapest the game got was 5 bucks (when I got it) but it also went to 10 bucks I believe a few months back (maybe September or October :l). Hope this helps :).
Thanks!

And thanks to everyone else who gave me some recommendations. I threw them all in a list and am gonna track them down.

Probably gonna pick up Hearts R tomorrow and get Valkyria Chronicles 2 as well. Pending the announcement of any Freedom Wars enhanced editions later, I may pick that up tomorrow as well. As a new Vita owner there's a lot I am looking at lol, as well as just about every single classic PSone RPG I missed (including the FF PSone trilogy).

For those of you who have played P3P and FES is the lack of over world and cutscenes a big loss? Just wondering if the Portable is as good as an experience.

Takao

Banned
If Agito is made on Unity, could be. I checked and the current vita build of unity is 4.3.4, the latest version is 4.6.1, released nov 22 2014.

I saw on the official unity forum that they will skip vita 4.6 to release unity 5.0 (announced but not yet released) simultaneously with the IOS and android version.

Agito is a Unity game. Rise of Mana might also be one.

Flandy

I'm really close to ordering Shinovi Versus lets get physical edition from Best Buy for $43 but I wouldn't get it till the 20th @__@

nampad

Returned to Freedom Wars and just finished the first Code 4 mission. So when is this game supposed to pick up? Still kind of bored by the pacing.

Hey PSN GAF, something weird has been going on with Muramasa Rebirth and its DLC on my Vita and I wondered if anyone has a idea what's going on or how to fix this :/

I bought Muramasa digitally and also the first two chapters of the Genroku Legends DLC, both separately. Now I felt like playing Muramasa again and my Vita prompted me to update the game which I did. Now comes the funny thing: I can still select the DLC in the menu but I can only select to play "Chapter 2: Fishy Tales of Nekomata" despite knowing that I bought "Chapter 1: A Cause to Daikon for" too. Okay so I thought simply redownloading the DLC should fix this but, according to PSN I never bought either DLC o.o

Both DLC chapters show up as "Buy now!" with a 3.99€ price and are nowehere to be found in my download list from a quick glance. How does this work? I mean Fishy Tales of Nekomata is still installed and I can play it despite PSN thinking I never bought it :/

Has anyone experienced something like this before and maybe any idea what to do? Thanks for help in advance!

Call the customer support. I had Playstation All Stars Battle Royale disappearing from my download list and they fixed it. Seems to happen sometimes.
Elsewise, maybe try to rebuild your database from the recovery menu.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I enjoyed the heck out of it, and it was my second ever platinum. If you're playing it for the chance to see everybody interacting and working together, it's wonderful. The scenes where you obtain combination attacks with Mami are the best. Gameplay's clunky but serviceable, and oddly addictive. It feels good to power yourself into an absolute monster and destroy bosses in a single hit. Nice amount of post game too.

Thanks good write up. Ill be sure to pick it up eventually, this month am fucking slammed unfortunately. D:

Was reminiscing about Elite Beat Agents recently and impulse bought a physical copy of DJ Max for Vita. I need a music game in my life. Hope it's worth it!

Producer

Was reminiscing about Elite Beat Agents recently and impulse bought a physical copy of DJ Max for Vita. I need a music game in my life. Hope it's worth it!

never plated EBA but Technika Tune is alot of fun.

Only game where i had fun using the backtouch. But you can disable it if you don't like it. Has a nice mix of tracks and genres and music videos for each song.
Its a completely touch only game, down to the menu's. Well i think you can activate Fever with the O button too.

Maid

Banned
Need to check the JPSN store since I heard there was a new freedom wars theme out? saw a post about it on a JP Blog I follow they had put up a pic after the winter comiket.

150102_01.jpg

150102_05.jpg

150102_06.jpg

Not sure if its for sale considering they said it was from a download ticket they got the theme.

*Just checked nope not for sale / on the JPSN.

Oh god I need this. If they really release an expanded version for Vita, I hope they let me keep all the DLC I bought. All those sweet songs.
Also, let me have voice synthesizer feature.

Returned to Freedom Wars and just finished the first Code 4 mission. So when is this game supposed to pick up? Still kind of bored by the pacing.

I assume you are talking about the story, right? I don't remember it's get that much better later though. The missions content did pick up in Code 4 since there are less fetching and you already got instant travel at that time.

Parakeetman

Oh god I need this. If they really release an expanded version for Vita, I hope they let me keep all the DLC I bought. All those sweet songs.
Also, let me have voice synthesizer feature.

I assume you are talking about the story, right? I don't remember it's get that much better later though. The missions content did pick up in Code 4 since there are less fetching and you already got instant travel at that time.

Unfortunately it seems that for the time being it was just a comiket thing, since I had checked the JPSN and it was not there in the themes section, just the previous FW theme. D:

Maid

Banned
Unfortunately it seems that for the time being it was just a comiket thing, since I had checked the JPSN and it was not there in the themes section, just the previous FW theme. D:

All Japanese shits I want are for local only. *cry*

Do we still not know what the deal is with Neptunia 2's LE and when it'll be on sale? I honestly think I should wait and get for PC but it feels weird having the LE for one only. Why couldn't they bring the figures over too. IFI's bonuses suck.

Just see this one this morning.

B69Fe-1CEAE8_li.png:large

daydream

Banned
Vita theme offerings in the West are shit. We don't even have the Freedom Wars theme that Japan got at launch.

Contrast with 3DS which has like one billion new themes per week.

Yeah, we need more.

Currently rocking the seasons theme which looks nice but the music isn't at all remarkable. I want a Vib-Ribbon theme.

RK128

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone else who gave me some recommendations. I threw them all in a list and am gonna track them down.

Probably gonna pick up Hearts R tomorrow and get Valkyria Chronicles 2 as well. Pending the announcement of any Freedom Wars enhanced editions later, I may pick that up tomorrow as well. As a new Vita owner there's a lot I am looking at lol, as well as just about every single classic PSone RPG I missed (including the FF PSone trilogy).

For those of you who have played P3P and FES is the lack of over world and cut scenes a big loss? Just wondering if the Portable is as good as an experience.

Regarding FES, I actually bought that with P3P (it was also five bucks at the time) and....I just can't get into it :l. The game looks great on (it honestly looks a bit better then P4G to me) but the game has two huge issues that greatly impact my enjoyment of the game; the 'tire' system and lack of controlling your party.

The former is a system that tries to make things, I guess, 'realistic' in the game world (kids fighting for their lives against shadows while going to school must tire them out) but it just dampers the progress you make in the games only dungeon, 'Tartarus'. It turns what should be a tense and fun location into one you just dread going into; it ends up being a race to how far you can go before you can't progress anymore due to a random factor (compared to the PSP version, where your progress is tied to your skill in progressing through the place and how skilled you are with the combat system).

The latter is less of a problem but just an odd thing. You cannot directly control your party; the AI does. Considering this is a JRPG and making choices is very important in battles....that can be a bit of an issue :(. To the PS2 versions credit, you can influence what your party does via suggestions (like you can tell one person to be the 'healer' while the other two party members focus on 'magic' and 'melee' attacks), but it just to unreliable to skillfully play battles.

The PSP version fixed theses issues (the former being much more forgiving and having items that 'boost' your parties condition while the latter has the option for direct commands) :D.

Then again, this is coming from a person who only put 2-3 hours into the PS2 version, so who knows how you might like it :).

The lack of Animated Cut-Scenes and an explorable world don't really bother me, as the former can be seen online via YouTube while the latter didn't bother me that much (as the cut-scenes have VN-like elements to begin with, going with the entire presentation seems like the most natural fit to me at least :)).

Edit: I have a question for Vita Gaf; how can you fix the battery glitch? It has happened to me a lot lately and it bothers me :(.

It normally happens when my Vita is at 50 percent, then it goes back and forth between the 'battery warning' and 50 percent again. I fixed the database at least three times this week and the issue comes on and off again (just happened to me a few minutes ago while using the YouTube app). I looked online and one option is to open up the Vita and see if the battery is loose....but I really don't want to do that :l; never opened up a system before and do not want to start now (cannot afford to buy another Vita if I break it somehow X().

Any advice would be great :D.

Xenoflare

Thanks! For those of you who have played P3P and FES is the lack of over world and cutscenes a big loss? Just wondering if the Portable is as good as an experience.

I am just glad that I played P3P way before P4G, it's really hard to get into P3P after, the grinding is much more tedious, the social links aren't as engaging as well.

I'd still opt for P3P, I like the static cursor interface since it saves time for me, and I am actually in the minority for liking the complete visual novel style of it.

Having control over your team mates are one big, big plus for P3P that I am not willing to give up

I have a question for Vita Gaf; how can you fix the battery glitch? It has happened to me a lot lately and it bothers me :(.

It normally happens when my Vita is at 50 percent, then it goes back and forth between the 'battery warning' and 50 percent again. I fixed the database at least three times this week and the issue comes on and off again (just happened to me a few minutes ago while using the YouTube app). I looked online and one option is to open up the Vita and see if the battery is loose....but I really don't want to do that :l; never opened up a system before and do not want to start now (cannot afford to buy another Vita if I break it somehow X().

Any advice would be great :D.

How old is your vita? Have you tried to charge it to 100%, and use it until the very last drop and recharge it again fully while it's powered off? Usually that fixes any funky battery patterns for my electronics, I haven't had any problems with my vitas yet.

bobawesome

USGamer updated their Best Vita Games article

Obviously not complete but a nice reference point for newcomers nonetheless. Probably best put to use in dumb 'hey I just bought this system and ohgodpleasetellmewhatgamesishouldgetforit' threads.

USGamer said:
Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection: It's Tokyo Jungle on the go. Like its predecessor, it's not a perfect game; but also like its predecessor, it's a surprisingly addictive experience in small doses.

Heh.

Goof aside, I have a feeling I'll be consulting this list in the future.

RK128

How old is your vita? Have you tried to charge it to 100%, and use it until the very last drop and recharge it again fully while it's powered off? Usually that fixes any funky battery patterns for my electronics, I haven't had any problems with my vitas yet.

My Vita is a year and a half old, and I had this issue in the past. Usually, a quick reset and a database restore fixes my issue, but for some reason it is happening again :l.

What I think I'll do is use the Youtube app until my Vita dies and I will leave it be for a few hours. When I wake up, I will charge the system to its completely full then turn it on again.

If the issue still happens, then I will just do another database restore. Thank you for the help Xenoflare though :D.

Xenoflare

My Vita is a year and a half old, and I had this issue in the past. Usually, a quick reset and a database restore fixes my issue, but for some reason it is happening again :l.

What I think I'll do is use the Youtube app until my Vita dies and I will leave it be for a few hours. When I wake up, I will charge the system to its completely full then turn it on again.

If the issue still happens, then I will just do another database restore. Thank you for the help Xenoflare though :D.

No problem... although this issue sounds like something you might wanna send it in to Sony,

But personally as someone who absolutely hates to deal with the post office, I guess complete recharge/discharge and database reset is your best bet.

Edit: Oh yeah, Youtube is the best battery discharger, sucks the juice right out of it.

RK128

No problem... although this issue sounds like something you might wanna send it in to Sony,

But personally as someone who absolutely hates to deal with the post office, I guess complete recharge/discharge and database reset is your best bet.

Edit: Oh yeah, Youtube is the best battery discharger, sucks the juice right out of it.

Well, I use Youtube alot, so without the system being plugged in would drain it XD!

Besides, after my experiences with Sony's service using Sony Rewards....I do not want to deal with them fixing my system X(; besides, my warranty expired a while ago :l.

Xenoflare

Well, I use Youtube alot, so without the system being plugged in would drain it XD!

Besides, after my experiences with Sony's service using Sony Rewards....I do not want to deal with them fixing my system X(; besides, my warranty expired a while ago :l.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that, fortunately I never had to deal with any sort of customer service yet (knock on wood).

nampad

Which model do you have? With Vita 1000, it is super easy to access the battery. You have to be really bad to damage your Vita as it is just using a screwdriver.
Don't know about the 2000 model though.

RK128

Which model do you have? With Vita 1000, it is super easy to access the battery. You have to be really bad to damage your Vita as it is just using a screwdriver.
Don't know about the 2000 model though.

I have a 1000 model but I never opened up a console before....I don't trust myself opening it though :(; if my system breaks, I cannot afford to buy another Vita.

Either way, I largely keep my Vita home anyway with the system plugged in to the charging brick; if the issue isn't resolved, I can just use the system at home until I get another Vita some time in the future.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's digital forever though. Well, at least until the Vita/3DS/PS3/Wii U stores close down.

Fun game. 3DS version is probably the best one.

Parakeetman

I have a 1000 model but I never opened up a console before....I don't trust myself opening it though :(; if my system breaks, I cannot afford to buy another Vita.

Either way, I largely keep my Vita home anyway with the system plugged in to the charging brick; if the issue isn't resolved, I can just use the system at home until I get another Vita some time in the future.

You know truthfully, instead of playing "doctor" just call Sony and ask them how much it would cost to fix your issue. Even if the warranty is out, would be better than breaking something and having to get a whole new one.

RK128

You know truthfully, instead of playing "doctor" just call Sony and ask them how much it would cost to fix your issue. Even if the warranty is out, would be better than breaking something and having to get a whole new one.

Well, I don't plan on opening the system up and I do not have the money to fix it now....so I will just let the system die out, charge it tomorrow and see what happens.

It doesn't hurt to try :). I'm not taking the system apart, so my Vita still be fine :D.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/one-piece-unlimited-world-red/114437

One Piece Unlimited World Red for $20. One Piece is one of those limited print type games too so this'll probably be the last chance to get it if you're Gamestops aren't sold out around your town.

Eegh, it's $20 I didn't plan on spending but goddamit I want my One Piece!!

This is one of my favourite vita games. you fools best jump on this shit.
Says "not available" for me. hope others can find a copy.

Tizoc

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/one-piece-unlimited-world-red/114437

One Piece Unlimited World Red for $20. One Piece is one of those limited print type games too so this'll probably be the last chance to get it if you're Gamestops aren't sold out around your town.

Eegh, it's $20 I didn't plan on spending but goddamit I want my One Piece!!
Oh thanks for the heads up, hope that price stays like that for another day so I can go ahead and order the retail ver.
Can this one be shipped though? I don't live anywhere near a gamestop =X

nampad

193gqmnywp5itjpg2iuqi.jpg

It allegedly was in the Japanese manual so I don't think it would even hurt your warranty if you had any. It is just unscrewing some screws, no further disassembly.

Top Bottom