• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

As they were ringing me and putting everything inside together one of the guys keeps looking at the CD and jokingly told me "But I'm keeping this one づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ " I honestly was expecting funnier looks.

Every employee secretly wants life and hometown. Can't blame them.

Seriously, that's better than your stuff getting raped by customs (or your delivery service, whichever is more corrupt). The reason every R3 copy in my country has no Shinovi box is because of the customs trying to extort people again. >___>

Seems like more and more new anime come together with a Vita game. First was Hanayamata, and then Yuki Yuna, now this one, and they are not just pure VN either. I know it doesn't matter much to us here, but the games got announced before the anime finished airing is a sign that the Vita is still healthy in Japan.

Well, healthy enough that we won't have to worry 2015 could be it last year.

First third of the year is pretty well filled up for Vita. But there's not much else after.

Vita's real problems about games is the lack of big hitters (AKA those that sells 400k+ first week alone).

Xenoflare

First third of the year is pretty well filled up for Vita. But there's not much else after.

Vita's real problems about games is the lack of big hitters (AKA those that sells 400k+ first week alone).

I honestly don't think Vita is getting any of that nor that problem is going to get fixed

It's far too late

#NegativeNancy

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Munch's Oddysee got patched, and now it's working fine. Now that I can get past the first stage, I'm loving this game all over again. It shows its age, but I love platformers of this era.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Its not a Vita problem its the fact the market share has changed. A lot of that is being taken away by smartphones.

Asides from the usual suspects there are not many titles out there that can pull in the kind of numbers you are talking about on handhelds.

Its not that there is not much after, its just that other titles are not announced yet.

At least you still have Japan producing the majority of the titles and more companies seem to be bringing out more titles than before to keep the system alive. Since if it relied on the West alone, shit would be long dead by now with how the system is treated overseas by the mass market / media / retail.

Its a shame that S. Korea does not get more into console game development, since would make for a more interesting spread of titles and its not like they do not have the talent. In a lot of ways they have surpassed Japan in the use of technology behind their titles. Granted the game design still is cookie cutter jank for a lot of things though. But at the same time other ones have some pretty good designs. Though we all know its not going to happen due to their main focus has been and always will be for the most part PC.

Maid

Banned

But then we have a long list of no-released-date games on the Vita. There are cases where the announcement only made 3 months before it got released, so it's kind of hard to know if there are nothing else for the Vita after Q1 2015 or not.

I have one question for anyone that changed their Vita. When you moved your account to the new Vita (alongside with new memory card), do you have to re-arrange all of your bubbles placement again? After backing up the data to my new Vita, everything is a mess and I'm not really looking forward to manage 6 pages of bubbles again.

daxy

Can anyone recommend a couple of good PSP/Vita racing games on PSN?

I really liked Ridge Racer on PSP, the Vita one not so much. I was thinking about getting the RR Type 4, but I'm in doubt because without the boost mechanic I imagine it to be a bit slow and boring. Would love to hear impressions.

I'm playing Wipeout Pulse and it's great so far. I've been having a better time with this one than 2048, perhaps because of the silky smooth frame rate.

Anything else out there worth looking at? Midnight Club caught my eye, but I'm unsure.

Its not that there is not much after, its just that other titles are not announced yet.

But then we have a long list of no-released-date games on the Vita. There are cases where the announcement only made 3 months before it got released, so it's kind of hard to know if there are nothing else for the Vita after Q1 2015 or not.

I am not saying that Vita will have no more games. We're talking about 2015 release schedule ("last year of Vita" lol), and you can't really go "there are more games in the works, we just don't know it yet". You can't pin down announced games without release date either.
(Persona 4 Dancing says hi.)

Maid

Banned

sonic_allstars_race_vita.jpg

I don't play much racing games, though.

I am not saying that Vita will have no more games. We're talking about 2015 release schedule ("last year of Vita" lol), and you can't really go "there are more games in the works, we just don't know it yet". You can't pin down announced games without release date either.

But we already know they are in the works. I'm not talking about some dream games like Freedom Wars 2 or something, but along the line of "The Scissors Project". Also if we are not talking about games without release date, then the 3DS doesn't look so hot either.

Parakeetman

If you pay attention to the development trends in Japan it has been picking up quite a bit with the Vita therefore the logical reasoning is that companies will continue to support it. Take into consideration also that the PSP is pretty much out of the picture for development.

Sides 2015 just started, a bit short sighted to just assume that there will be nothing else out later in the year.

Now if we had a reverse situation where Vita titles were in a constant decline here then yes you would have a point.

Sure smartphones are still eating into the market, but the trend of more titles being released on the Vita has been continuing regardless.

Sides 2015 just started, a bit short sighted to just assume that there will be nothing else out later in the year.

Now if we had a reverse situation where Vita titles were in a constant decline here then yes you would have a point.

Well. Ok.
Vita release decline or "no more games" are neither my point - I'm just saying that's what the current 2015 release schedule looks like. But since my posts are being taken to places I don't even intend, I'm done posting for the night.

Parakeetman

Well. Ok.
Vita release decline or "no more games" are neither my point - I'm just saying that's what the current 2015 release schedule looks like. But since my posts are being taken to places I don't even intend, I'm done posting for the night.

Seriously not sure what you expected in terms of replies with a post like that anyways.

Then we have threads like these, but at the same time it also includes titles that are already released.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Foshy

I really liked Ridge Racer on PSP, the Vita one not so much. I was thinking about getting the RR Type 4, but I'm in doubt because without the boost mechanic I imagine it to be a bit slow and boring. Would love to hear impressions.

I'm playing Wipeout Pulse and it's great so far. I've been having a better time with this one than 2048, perhaps because of the silky smooth frame rate.

Anything else out there worth looking at? Midnight Club caught my eye, but I'm unsure.

NFS Most Wanted is a complete port of the console version, it's a very fun open-world racer imo.
I also liked WRC 3 (haven't played 4, it might be even better) so if you're into that type of racing game, check it out. Should be pretty cheap by now.

Midnight Club and Test Drive Unlimited on PSP are great too.

igor

Has something happened to PSN that I need to log in again? It doesn't recognise my password for some reason :/ Worse still, I am not sure if I had a wrong date of birth because I type in mine and it says my information cannot be used o_O

It doesn't recognise my e-mail... :O What the f*ck

Omerta

Tonight I put some time into making the multi user hack that allows you to use a ds4 with a vita for remote play.

After half an hour of fuckinh around I am happy to report back that THIS SHIT IS AMAZING!

I'll buy myself a mount so I can piggy back my ds4 to my vita and I've the ultimate remote remote play device.

Now sony: allow this officially in your next firmware update so I don't have to switch accounts!

Yasumi

Banned
Has something happened to PSN that I need to log in again? It doesn't recognise my password for some reason :/ Worse still, I am not sure if I had a wrong date of birth because I type in mine and it says my information cannot be used o_O

It doesn't recognise my e-mail... :O What the f*ck
I'm getting a "Connection to server has been lost" error when I try the store, but my friends list seems fine.

Call the customer support. I had Playstation All Stars Battle Royale disappearing from my download list and they fixed it. Seems to happen sometimes.
Elsewise, maybe try to rebuild your database from the recovery menu.

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't know if it was a temporary PSN hiccup or if the database rebuilding helped but all is back to normal now :)

Tonight I put some time into making the multi user hack that allows you to use a ds4 with a vita for remote play.

After half an hour of fuckinh around I am happy to report back that THIS SHIT IS AMAZING!

I'll buy myself a mount so I can piggy back my ds4 to my vita and I've the ultimate remote remote play device.

Now sony: allow this officially in your next firmware update so I don't have to switch accounts!

How did you solve the issue with the screen-dimming? :eek:

Also a general question, from what I saw Nippon Yasan are currently the cheapest for 64gb Vita memory cards right?

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't know if it was a temporary PSN hiccup or if the database rebuilding helped but all is back to normal now :)

How did you solve the issue with the screen-dimming? :eek:

Also a general question, from what I saw Nippon Yasan are currently the cheapest for 64gb Vita memory cards right?

Yeah, just shy of $79 US.

igor

I'm getting a "Connection to server has been lost" error when I try the store, but my friends list seems fine.

I received an email on the third of January that I have switched sign in email address, which I didn't do... I mean I haven't really used PSN apart from syncing trophies, in fact last one I unlocked was on the 5th but Im not even sure thats synced since the PSN was down.

Oh boy. I am crapping myself something happened to my account... and my games. This is why i hate going digital so much :O And Sony just can't provide secure enough service.

Parakeetman

I received an email on the third of January that I have switched sign in email address, which I didn't do... I mean I haven't really used PSN apart from syncing trophies, in fact last one I unlocked was on the 5th but Im not even sure thats synced since the PSN was down.

Oh boy. I am crapping myself something happened to my account... and my games. This is why i hate going digital so much :O And Sony just can't provide secure enough service.

igor that sounds bad would suggest getting on the phone with sony support as soon as possible.

-----

For those who wanted the import physical version of Stranger of Sword City highly suggest you preorder now as quantities are limited with physical copies being manufacture as this is the official word.

Amiami link
Nippon-Yasan link (normal ver)
Nippon-Yasan Ebten ver (game + soundtrack)

I bought mine from SuperUFO, $87 including shipping, but that could be because I'm from Southeast Asia so the shipping cost is low.

Hmm does SuperUFO also offer prices in Euro? I looked around but couldn't find anything and I'm not sure if a Google conversion is entirely accurate. Sounds about the same as Nippon Yasan though, maybe a tad cheaper, thanks! :)

Yeah, just shy of $79 US.

That sounds about right too, it checks out at 67€ + 10€ shipping for me which is ironically cheaper than buying a 32gb! card for 80€ in Germany... =_=

Also should I fear customs from either SuperUFO or Nippon Yasan? With Play-Asia I once hit as much as 20€ for customs which was a bit of a bummer :/

Maid

Banned
Hmm does SuperUFO also offer prices in Euro? I looked around but couldn't find anything and I'm not sure if a Google conversion is entirely accurate. Sounds about the same as Nippon Yasan though, maybe a tad cheaper, thanks! :)

That sounds about right too, it checks out at 67€ + 10€ shipping for me which is ironically cheaper than buying a 32gb! card for 80€ in Germany... =_=

Also should I fear customs from either SuperUFO or Nippon Yasan? With Play-Asia I once hit as much as 20€ for customs which was a bit of a bummer :/

Sorry, I don't know much how SuperUFO deal with Euro so you'd have to ask others, but they could write the price of the item to half to avoid customs if you ask them, as I did with mine.

ryseing

I liked NFS Most Wanted. May not be your cup of tea though.

Parakeetman

Ive send them an email... but I will try to call them, I don't even know if they will pick it up on sunday :/

No idea where you live, but check the HP for your region and see what their support hours are, should be listed on the site.

---------------

Update on the Stranger of Sword City initial JP run deal.

*Update got a reply from Chikami-san the producer, he said if folks are not in a huge rush to get a physical copy then it should not be an issue. Which must mean that the initial print run will be low, but more will be made is what it seems. No idea on what kind of wait would be expected if folks miss out on the initial run though.

But good to know that we have confirmation that it will not just be a one shot deal with the initial run.

daydream

Banned

R4 is a classic, well worth playing.

Sorry, I don't know much how SuperUFO deal with Euro so you'd have to ask others, but they could write the price of the item to half to avoid customs if you ask them, as I did with mine.

No problem, thanks for the help still! :) And hmm that sounds like a plan, I didn't know something like this is even possible, nice of them!

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I bought my card at SuperUFO and I got it without any problems. I live in Europe and I ordered one without asking them to do anything.

Redhood

Pretty sure my copy of DJMAX is lost! Its been 4 weeks since playasia shipped it and it has not arrived yet. Hatsune miku 2nd took two weeks. Anyone has any experience opening dispute with playasia?

tumblr_inline_nf3hlaSqfb1sf6ee8.png

Tapejara

Pretty sure my copy of DJMAX is lost! Its been 4 weeks since playasia shipped it and it has not arrived yet. Hatsune miku 2nd took two weeks. Anyone has any experience opening dispute with playasia?

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago. I ordered a bunch of PSOne games from Play-Asia, and four weeks later they still hadn't showed. I contacted Play-Asia and they told me to check my local post office. Turns out the games were delivered to the post office, but Canada Post never gave me a notice of delivery (not sure how the mail system works in your country, but you never know).

Chances are they'll ask you to check your post office first, so I'd say do that before you contact them.

Maid

Banned

Ask for tracking number? I remember the last time I complain about my Ar noSurge copy which hadn't arrived after 1 month, and they ask me to wait for another week. Then it really arrive after another week.

That's one of the reason I don't want to deal with PA's shipping. It's like they tape your game on a random ship and pray for it to arrive at your place.

Ask for tracking number? I remember the last time I complain about my Ar noSurge copy which hadn't arrived after 1 month, and they ask me to wait for another week. Then it really arrive after another week.

That's one of the reason I don't want to deal with PA's shipping. It's like they tape your game on a random ship and pray for it to arrive at your place.

I just choose the option with tracking on it, never had any problems. SAO came for me in 1.5 days (I did pick the fastest shipping option though)

yaffi

4 Weeks is nothing, trust me. I once waited more than 3 months for something to arrive.

I am patient person, so that's fine. Nothing ever got lost. But now they don't have free shipping anymore, so I might stop ordering from P-A.

Top Bottom