• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Finally happened. 2 years later.

NEWEGG said:
Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com.

We work hard to provide the best shopping experience for you!

As you requested, your pre-order/backorder has been cancelled. Below is your confirmation. Please keep a copy for your record.

Pre Order/BackOrder Summary:
Pre Sales Order Number: 1442567 Pre Sales Order Date: 12/9/2012

Item List:
1 x ($29.99) D3 EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 2017 PSV RTL $29.99

autoduelist

Finally happened. 2 years later.

Just for the record, Newegg automatically cancels preorders after a certain amount of time. A few years ago they had a huge preorder sale and I preordered everything under the sun, and many were cancelled that came out soon after the 'auto-cancel' kicked in (South Park RPG was one, GTA5 iirc, and about 5 others.... oh, and
The Last Guardian
).

So don't take that as anything official.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just for the record, Newegg automatically cancels preorders after a certain amount of time. A few years ago they had a huge preorder sale and I preordered everything under the sun, and many were cancelled that came out soon after the 'auto-cancel' kicked in (South Park RPG was one, GTA5 iirc, and about 5 others.... oh, and
The Last Guardian
).

So don't take that as anything official.

Hype. Retail release not dead.
It will come.

It will come.

Prelude.

EDF 2017 was supposed to get a retail release in NA?
Yep.
earth-defense-force-2rvjhw.jpg
They can redeem themselves with V2 now.

6bV64DJ.jpg

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake - Vita

Still early but I think this game surpasses Puzzle Quest as my favorite match 3 of all time. A match 3 has never been this strategic, varied, and had a real sense of progression as this. The free to play doesn't hinder this game much. You do have a limit on play (a certain amount of plays and 1 additional play per 20 minutes) but my attention span for playing this game in one sitting never exceeded it. You can buy power items but you get enough in random drops. Wish it wasn't touch controls only. Would have been better as just a $10 game without it being free to play but is a lot of fun in short bursts.

9/10

GlrEasy.jpg

Shake Spears! - Vita

Free to play touch only jousting simulator typical of something on a phone. Slide with your left thumb for shield and right thumb for your lance. Initial fun but it gets old real fast. To progress you have to beat 5 jousters in a row and will have to annoying start over if you fail. You quickly reach a point where it is clear you need to grind or purchase something to progress.

5/10

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I was surprised by how hooked on the iOS version of Fat Princess I got. Definitely a fun little puzzle/strategy game.

Now it has trophies. I'll be playing forever.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It's a company Bandai Namco acquired but they're not doing anything with it in the west.

If thats the case, then it usually means that sales were shit (in the eyes of the share holders) of other previously released titles.

At least BanNam is working a lot harder to bring out other titles on the Vita.

Though I could imagine they will be bringing out the PS4 title.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftw8AuOF0kQ

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For me Vita is a quaint diversion where I buy games on sale and pick it up about three or four times a year to play something.

3DS though, that's a daily player. It is fun hanging out with you guys though and I'll participate in any thread MH4U nonsense when I have the time.

I am going to spend around 60 bucks on Friday on PSP/Vita games though!

...and like 500 bucks next month on 3DS...to think I was going to cut back on my game expenditures this year.

Shizuka

For me Vita is a quaint diversion where I buy games on sale and pick it up about three or four times a year to play something.

3DS though, that's a daily player. It is fun hanging out with you guys though and I'll participate in any thread MH4U nonsense when I have the time.

I am going to spend around 60 bucks on Friday on PSP/Vita games though!

...and like 500 bucks next month on 3DS...to think I was going to cut back on my game expenditures this year.

What do you even buy for your 3DS? Real question here, I own both platforms but I buy three or four 3DS games a year.

Xenoflare

What do you even buy for your 3DS? Real question here, I own both platforms but I buy three or four 3DS games a year.

I know this question isn't directed to me but It's fun being a 3DS owner with all those Atlus games, new games or ports, I have all the SMT games on the 3DS and it's fantastic. 3DS has plenty great JRPGs, which is my main genre for games

Having a 3DS also got me involved in Fire Emblem and Pokemon, I didn't grew up with Nintendo so it's fun.

I do have more Vita games than 3DS though since I very rarely buy digital games on the 3DS due to Ninendo's draconian account system.

Shizuka

I know this question isn't directed to me but It's fun being a 3DS owner with all those Atlus games, new games or ports, I have all the SMT games on the 3DS and it's fantastic. 3DS has plenty great JRPGs, which is my main genre for games

Having a 3DS also got me involved in Fire Emblem and Pokemon, I didn't grew up with Nintendo so it's fun.

I do have more Vita games than 3DS though since I very rarely buy digital games on the 3DS due to Ninendo's draconian account system.

I own all Atlus USA 3DS games (except for Code of Princess and Conception II, since I got that for the Vita), all Pokemon titles and even a bunch of Nintendo/DD-only stuff. Only ones I see myself getting this year is Atlus USA titles, Project Mirai and... That's it.

SerTapTap

Iffy's store worked surprisingly well, I kinda expected it to be awful (I couldn't help myself since there was free shipping and no tax). Preorder is up

Also not directed at me, but Nintendo's first party games, Atlus USA games, Phoenix Wright Games, Monster Hunter, Square Enix games & RPGs (Bravely Default, etc), Level-5 games, and some others. 3DS has a ton of great games to buy for it if you actually look. But I also like my vita! It gets good games too.

The Fat Princess game was surprisingly good on the iOS. Maybe I'm lenient on it because I like the IP, but it was at least worth the time I spent to get the free PS3 game.

edit; Also, I'm surprised the Neptunia LE hasn't sold out already. Guess the changes they made did actually make it fairer for everyone interested.

I own all Atlus USA 3DS games (except for Code of Princess and Conception II, since I got that for the Vita), all Pokemon titles and even a bunch of Nintendo/DD-only stuff. Only ones I see myself getting this year is Atlus USA titles, Project Mirai and... That's it.

2013, the 3DS won my shelf by a large margin. 2014, the Vita did. This year... Well in the near future aside from MH4U that is coming in my bundle, for me there is Majoras, Xenoblade, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, SMT DS2 remaster... On the Vita I have Tokyo Twilight, Operation Abyss, and the list of indies that I posted a few pages ago. Tons to look forward to on both sides (I'm not even mentioning the PS4, with The Order, Bloodborne, FF Type-XVDemo, etc).

bobawesome

Oh, I forgot Project Mirai was coming out this year. I still need to hurry up and find a way to get Project Diva f 2nd first.

Looking at the upcoming releases on Amazon for Vita has me depressed.

So much Neptunia.

Shizuka

2013, the 3DS won my shelf by a large margin. 2014, the Vita did. This year... Well in the near future aside from MH4U that is coming in my bundle, for me there is Majoras, Xenoblade, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, SMT DS2 remaster... On the Vita I have Tokyo Twilight, Operation Abyss, and the list of indies that I posted a few pages ago. Tons to look forward to on both sides (I'm not even mentioning the PS4, with The Order, Bloodborne, FF Type-XVDemo, etc).

I'm glad I don't have a PS4.
Yet.

I'd agree with this, although 3DS had a couple strong titles in 2014 (and vice versa in 2013). For me 2015 is currently favoring the 3DS with the titles you listed and Codename STEAM, but I'm also really looking forward to Firefly Diary, Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters and Operation Abyss. And yeah, PS4 has some great things coming soon too... My wallet is not loving the first half of this year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

2013 was a murderous year on 3DS. 2014 was a bit of a reprieve though I still bought around 15 retail games and 40-50 eshop/VC titles.

2014 was:

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Ace Attorney Trilogy
Inazuma 11
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Fantasy Life
Pokémon Omega Ruby
Yoshi's New Island
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
Yumi's Odd Odyssey

and 5 or so old games that went on sale like:

Mario 3D Land
Kid Icarus:Uprising (rebought both of those digitally)
Devil Survivor: Overclocked
3D Mercs
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

and I'm waiting for a sale on Persona Q and a few other end of the year titles.

This year should be

Pokémon third version (pretty much guaranteed)
STEAM
Xenoblade
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Majora's Mask
EO Untold
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Devil Survivor 2:Break Record
Senran Kagura 2
EO Untold 2
BD:FF 2 (if it happens)
Fire Emblem If..it happens.

add to that around another 30 VC/eshop titles

I'm glad I don't have a PS4.
Yet.

I'd agree with this, although 3DS had a couple strong titles in 2014. For me 2015 is currently favoring the 3DS with the titles you listed and Codename STEAM, but I'm also really looking forward to Firefly Diary, Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters and Operation Abyss. And yeah, PS4 has some great things coming soon too... My wallet is not loving the first half of this year.

My issue is more the time to play them all, I am getting a degree and that takes quite a bit of my personal time. Social gatherings, work, girlfriend... And now our little podcast :p I know it will sound ridiculous to those on the outside but I'm sure a lot of you can relate, it drains me having so much to play. I mean there is an easy answer to the problem, to just stop buying all those games. But when you are a core gamer, there are things that you just can't miss, and when they are all grouped up together and you have the money lined up in your bank account, it's hard to stop the train.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not having enough time for consoles is part of the reason why I pretty much ignore the PS3 and won't buy the PS4 until the gen is almost over. No time to just have a bunch of games sit on the hd wasting space while the system is used for Netflix or whatever. I'm a handheld guy who dabbles into consoles these days.

You'd think the Wii U would be the perfect system for dabbling but nooo, I've got a 15 game backlog on that too. Stupid quality Nintendo releases.

Producer

ps3 is looking pretty solid

atelier shallie, yakuza 5, zestiria, persona 5, uniel (pretty late though)

probably the last relevant year for it

autoduelist

My issue is more the time to play them all, I am getting a degree and that takes quite a bit of my personal time. Social gatherings, work, girlfriend... And now our little podcast :p I know it will sound ridiculous to those on the outside but I'm sure a lot of you can relate, it drains me having so much to play. I mean there is an easy answer to the problem, to just stop buying all those games. But when you are a core gamer, there are things that you just can't miss, and when they are all grouped up together and you have the money lined up in your bank account, it's hard to stop the train.

When you have kids, it gets to the point that you spend more time acquiring/researching games than you do actually playing them.

Haha, no, no, that's not ridiculous at all. I completely agree and suffer from the same issues. Life gets in the way of gaming all the time. :p

When you have kids, it gets to the point that you spend more time acquiring/researching games than you do actually playing them.

At least maybe one day they will be able to join you for some co-op fun aha

Haha, no, no, that's not ridiculous at all. I completely agree and suffer from the same issues. Life gets in the way of gaming all the time. :p

We gamers are heavy consumers at heart and gaming is an expensive hobby. That sure doesn't stop us from building backlogs.

RK128

Hello guys :). I asked this a few times on the PS Now 7 Day Trial Thread, but I didn't get a real answer to this; how to you redeem the free trail without owning a PS4?

I only own a PC, Vita, 2DS, Wii and PS3; no access to a PS4.....so I have no way to redeem the trial :(. I tried going on the PS Now site, but it was pointless; when I clicked 'start trial now', all it did was give me a link to 'buy' the PS Now PS4 app :l.

If anyone of you guys can help me out, that would be really nice of you :D.

There's not much on the 3DS that interests me lately.

My most wanted games are:
Senran Kagura 2 (I imported the Japanese box-set but...region-lock SMH)
Protect Me Knight 2 (Avatar. Only available on the JPN eshop. SMH again)
Style Savvy: Whatever (Girls Mode 3 was just announced and Trendsetters is my most-played 3DS title)

I get the feeling that SK2 is going to be the only game that makes it to the US, and I'm going to be very sad and hurt.

Oh and there's also Mirai DX (dunno why I buy these Diva games, I suck at them)

Don't care about Atlus(Still haven't started P4G), or Nintendo's handheld titles, or most everything else.

Honestly most of my game-time is spent on Steam. I think it has something to do with the fact that games can be reviewed on the service. It's like an extra incentive.

Only place I can write a review for when I finish a console/handheld game is a blog that nobody reads. My WiiU library is really damn solid..but I've hardly spent any time with it.

Hello guys :). I asked this a few times on the PS Now 7 Day Trial Thread, but I didn't get a real answer to this; how to you redeem the free trail without owning a PS4?

I only own a PC, Vita, 2DS, Wii and PS3; no access to a PS4.....so I have no way to redeem the trial :(. I tried going on the PS Now site, but it was pointless; when I clicked 'start trial now', all it did was give me a link to 'buy' the PS Now PS4 app :l.

If anyone of you guys can help me out, that would be really nice of you :D.

Yeah you need a Ps4 as far as I know. I just tried looking at the Vita PsNow and it has no mention of the trial. I am going to assume that is the same for the Ps3.

Also, it's kind of funny how you mentioned your Nintendo devices. It's not like they'll be much help with this issue.

RK128

Yeah you need a Ps4 as far as I know. I just tried looking at the Vita PsNow and it has no mention of the trial. I am going to assume that is the same for the Ps3.

Also, it's kind of funny how you mentioned your Nintendo devices. It's not like they'll be much help with this issue.

I know :(....it would be funny if I can activate the trial using my 2DS XD! Thank you for the response though Pandora :)....I guess the PS Store will update next week with the Vita trial or something :l.

baconcow

Has there been any mention on when the 10% discount code will be sent? I bought something last night in the sale and want to hold off on anything else if we are to receive it soon.

Top Bottom