• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

SerTapTap

I honestly did not know that a full game install is mandatory. Wow.

It really shoots up the cost for this thing. I'd rather by a 2TB model than swapping it on my own. The 500GB is going to get more and more insufficient once last gen console retires.

But then again, if there is a 2TB SKU the price tag would be ghasly

Worst case it'd be like $500 instead of $200. 2TB drives really aren't that expensive. Also, I buy more games than the majority of people and I'm only now nearing full. 6? retail games, all PS+ games, maybe 10-20 other digital games on top of that. IMO load times are WAY worth it, and deleting disk games' installs is simple and effective, just wish you could erase game data but keep the patches

Top of page there's still time to buy the Firefly Diary limited edition!

Shinriji

I think as part of VitaGAF we all know what's it like to have big games with relatively small storage units.

I mean sure. HDDs are much, much cheaper than the memory cards and the room for expansion is almost limitless, but I'd wager the pain is the same.

64GB, all physical master race.

10GB left :(

Tizoc

Aiyayayai, digital all the way it is then ugh.

I think as part of VitaGAF we all know what's it like to have big games with relatively small storage units.

I mean sure. HDDs are much, much cheaper than the memory cards and the room for expansion is almost limitless, but I'd wager the pain is the same.

Tell me about, this 64 GB of mine hasn't been cuttin' it since the day I bought it.

While Toukiden is good, it does not offer me the same challenge as MH. But as you yourself stated a lot of that is the general fine tuning the series went through over its 10 year period.

Ive been with Monster Hunter from the very start and survived the hardest versions which would be Dos (2) and Frontier. So with that being said the portable versions are a lot easier, but still provide enough challenge as is. Plus the control you have with the weapons still is something that a lot of other games miss, along side the amount of work put into the hitboxes and such.

Its not to say MH is without problems as there are a lot of things that I do not like at the same time too, but for me personally its MH gameplay wise.

Plus the variety of equipment and weapons is what also makes the title so popular in general. As everyone finds their own niche within the title itself.

TTGH I do not own it, but the general word on the street is folks do not seem happy with it. Am unsure why as have not looked it up in detail as never was a title I was interested in initially. Same with Shin Hayarigami, which is unfortunate since its done fairly well up until now for the most part. And I think it was Ataka-san from Experience who said if one is a fan of the series that they should find it enjoyable. So am unsure what to make of it. As its a niche title seeming like fans were unhappy with it at the same time.

Though seeing how folks enjoy the corpse party series, figure that Shin Hayarigami might have an audience too.

One thing that I didn't like in Toukiden was that you had to finish a mission before you could play that mission in coop. Is it the same in both ss delta and the new toukiden?

Xenoflare

Aiyayayai, digital all the way it is then ugh.

Tell me about, this 64 GB of mine hasn't been cuttin' it since the day I bought it.

16GB. I'm at the point where game updates actually pisses me off. The LBP Vita had a 300 MB update and I screamed internally

Xenoflare

64 GB would still not cut it in your case either ;P

Nope, it certainly wouldn't.

I did a little mental math and found out that even a 32GB would fill up instantly if I downloaded the games I want to play.

I'm rationing thanks to PS+'s cloud save.

The day I got my 16 card was just amusing.

It got 12gb filled up from the get go. I used a 4GB for the longest time.

Yeah Sony why can't you just go with microsd

Tizoc

EDIT: Tomorrog if my brother returns, I'll be downloading all 3 GTA games, there go 3ish GBs on my Vita =_=
Not at $20, no.

Come on brah, Falcom games are worth the price of admission, it'll be years before this game goes on sale, just look at TitS FC, it just got its first sale/discount in 2 years, and I've been following PSN sales for just as long if not longer.
Also support good Japanese games~

antibolo

Banned

It really shoots up the cost for this thing. I'd rather by a 2TB model than swapping it on my own. The 500GB is going to get more and more insufficient once last gen console retires.

I'm 100% digital on PS4 because having to insert a disc every time I play a game that is going to be fully installed anyway is dumb. Reminds me of PC gaming before Steam.

Shinriji

Same but 1GB or less all the time. I probably have a deficit of -30GB if you count all the stuff that I just have to keep backed up on my laptop.

My problem is with PSP/PSX games. They pile up so quickly, lol. But fortunately, the PSP games that I want to buy is reducing fast (thanks sales!).

Redhood

Is tales of hearts r game legit? I mean how does it fare as a rpg.

I like many rpg's. How is the story and gameplay?

Currently a copy is going for 55$ from a scalper who is willing to ship it to my country.

Is it worth 55$ or should I wait for a sale on this?

Cross posting here as the OT is dead.

My problem is with PSP/PSX games. They pile up so quickly, lol. But fortunately, the PSP games that I want to buy is reducing fast (thanks sales!).

Yeah, those are the big ones for me too. Most prominently trying to keep the FF series on-hand.

I passed on the last Ys sale (smh) and already owned 7 at the time, so it was nice to finally pick up Oath cheap the other day. Brandish was a pretty small filesize too, surprisingly.

Tell me about it! I had $10 in my cart, and then next thing I know I'm at about $50. WTH. Still bought it all though...

Side note, anyone having trouble logging in to the Web Store? I am getting a "Sign in Failed" error, and it's realllllly slowing down my "download list transcribing" list I am working on...

deadfolk

Tell me about it! I had $10 in my cart, and then next thing I know I'm at about $50. WTH. Still bought it all though...

Side note, anyone having trouble logging in to the Web Store? I am getting a "Sign in Failed" error, and it's realllllly slowing down my "download list transcribing" list I am working on...

Wasn't there maintenance scheduled for today?

Massa

It's not from what my gaming friends with a ps4 tell me so 2tb is pretty much required . One of the reasons i haven't bought a ps4 yet due to high cost of the system plus extra things is too much for me to stomach.

It's not required at all, I've been doing just fine with the original 500GB drive. You don't need to keep every game you own installed on the system, specially if they're disc games.

bobohoro

Toukiden is one of the few titles that actually did a decent job to start with. As the move set was interesting for the existing weapons and the added 3 are actually quite good. It helps too that Koei itself is pretty used to action titles and has a lot of experience with more strange attack animations from the Warriors series. Its what allowed them to make the Kusarigama weapon actually work in a hunting title.

For a first real start into the series Id say they did a good job. Am sure that they will be doing a Toukiden 2 in the future which I would imagine being on the PSV / PS4. This project for the PS4 version should be good practice for them too.

I second this. Toukiden was solid to good and while pretty safe in its ideas, hit all the right notes when it comes to mimic the addictive elements of Monster Hunter. It had awesome weapon/armor designs that made the grind rewarding, enough customisation to enable a wide variety of different (and workable) builds and a good battle system. It definitely needs fine tuning (and more content), to an amount that an expansion is likeley not enough, but out of all the hunting games on the Vita I see the most potential in Toukiden and really would love to see another entry, build from the start for Vita/PS4.

Found Toukiden slow and boring as hell. Bottom tier of the hunting games, near Ragnarok Odyssey.

Nothing is as bad as Ragnarok Odyssey.

It's from 9 AM to 1 PM PST. So about about an hour and 20 mins to go.
Awesome, thank you for that. I bet I was thinking it was 9pm-1am, or some jazz.

On a side note, taking a break to organize my DL list organization, thanks to PS Plus, from now until just October 7th of last year (but including ALL free games from PS Plus thanks to the DL list reorganizing from the 3 day plus reupping, just not purchased ones before 10/7) I have over 100 Vita games...! I never thought I'd have that many Vita games. I still have a long way to go on that DL list, but damn. I love PS Plus, but my wallet suuuuuure hates it :D

antibolo

Banned
Anybody know how often you can switch which console is your primary ps4?

If you do it directly from the console there is no time limit.

If you don't have access to the console you need to use the "Deactivate all" function on the SEN account management website, which has a cooldown period of 6 months.

Flunkie

Banned
I think there needs to be a chalkboard of good Vita "Exclusives" yet to fall under the PS4's port happy tyranny.
Chalkboard.jpg

antibolo

Banned
I think there needs to be a chalkboard of good Vita "Exclusives" yet to fall under the PS4's port happy tyranny.

There is no need to hate on Vita games being also available on PS4.

People who dismiss the Vita for not having enough exclusives are never going to change their mind at this point. That boat has already sailed a while ago.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
(It was a joke)

Also it's only what, five or six games at this point that are crossed off? Not really blackboard material yet.

autoduelist

Games being both Vita and PS4 has at least a small upside for vita -- ps4 owners that love game X might realize 'hey, I can play this on the go?' and pick up a vita. I generally don't even bother reading/researching games for consoles I don't own. I hear names for Xbox One games for example and that's all they are to me - names - because I know I'll never own one. I'm sure people avoid researching vita games for the same reason, so crossover (both indies from PC and PS4 games) could actually be a good thing.

Obviously, super well publicized exclusives would be better, but I'm just saying cross-platform isn't all bad when one has the benefit of mobility.

You really don't need to worry too much about upgrading the ps4 hd right away in my opinion. I like to have a lot of games installed (heck, my vita 64 is long full) but I've never really had an issue with ps4.

There are a couple reasons:
1) While I like to keep lots of 'psn' games on it, I only need so many AAA games at a time. I tend to beat/plat those and move on, unlike games like Resogun that I come back to a lot.
2) Installs are FAST. I mean, if you get up, put a disc in, go sit down, arrange yourself, pick up your controller, fix the volume... your game is probably ready to boot up and go. Games keep installing for awhile, obviously, but the core files necessary to get going are fast. I never really feel the need to have all my ps4 games installed at the same time (whereas i'd kill for a 1T vita mem card so I could have everything installed).

Obviously, different people are different... I just don't think a larger hd for PS4 is nearly the priority a 32/64 is for most vita owners.

And the game would still run without the disc? I mean OK granted installing is faster, but if I'm gonna give up the same size as digital I may as well buy it digitally.

Jeebus I shudder to think what the digital size of MGS5 will be and I'D Have to dl that game twice once on my PS4 and again on my laptop.

Yeah. There's just a lot of benefits to having a game on HD rather than disc -- speed of data retrieval, mainly. Long term, it's probably better for your system too.

It really depends on whether you like to have games on your shelves, or like to beat and resell. I don't care about my shelves, but I do resell, so digital is rarely for me for AAA games (there are exceptions, I just sold NFS and bought digitally because I'll keep playing it and I made cash off the deal).

VitaGaf I'd like to share these with you since I feel like I am part of this community more than anywhere else :

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo codes - US (3DS only folks)

To the first 2 to quote this, I'll give you a code through PM.

Sorry to those who don't own the system, I know this doesn't belong here, but if I do play online I'd rather play with Vitabros

VitaGaf I'd like to share these with you since I feel like I am part of this community more than anywhere else :

Sorry to those who don't own the system, I know this doesn't belong here, but if I do play online I'd rather play with Vitabros
gimmegimme

batrush

I'll take one.

Nope, it certainly wouldn't.

I did a little mental math and found out that even a 32GB would fill up instantly if I downloaded the games I want to play.

I'm rationing thanks to PS+'s cloud save.

The day I got my 16 card was just amusing.

It got 12gb filled up from the get go. I used a 4GB for the longest time.

Yeah Sony why can't you just go with microsd

8gb here and yeah, I'm strugglin', so many great games and can only have some of them.

Flandy

This reminds me of that time I gave out XBL Gold on one of these threads :lol

pariah164

Was too slow to snag the MH4U code, bugger. Will hope I get my own codes.

Back in the Vita-verse, is there a final release date for NepReb 2? I thought it was the 27th.

Was too slow to snag the MH4U code, bugger. Will hope I get my own codes.

Back in the Vita-verse, is there a final release date for NepReb 2? I thought it was the 27th.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation <Jan 27th - NA>
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation <Feb 6th - EU>

Voila.

Shizuka

The first three that post an image of a physical Demon Gaze copy with your username written in a piece of paper gets a MH4U demo code.

Top Bottom