• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

incpdo

ok so in this sale i got
Danganronpa
Big Sky infinity
Wipeout
P3P
Ys OoF

I already had GTA chinatown and Liberty City on a rockstar sale last year

bonus track and not on sale . Legend of Mana

Special Comments:

Danganronpa : i understand now whats so good about this game tho i find it similar story wise to No escape last reward , gameplay changes all and for now it seems really interesting. The characters are really great i cannot beleive i find interesting all of them in a way or the other. tho i didnt reach the phoenix wright part in the game im in chapter 1 so there is a lot to see yet. but i can see myself buying the 2nd game

Big Sky infinty: a nice procedural generated shooter thats worth the price but i would like to shot dead to that commenter.

Legend of Mana: it looks impresive on the oled vita and its one of those games you can play full screen and still looks awesome. I need to highly recommend this game as it is incredible deep and really fun. The music is glorious.

GTA Liberty city stories: this is one game that actually benefits on the bigger screen and brighter colors of the oled vita. It is a game looks pretty damn fine even when is old . The mob ala Godfather setting is great, humor is great too. GET it!

didnt try the others yet.

Producer

you should play Ys OiF. my favorite game out of all the games you listed/bought. you should probably finish danganronpa before playing p3p, i dislike playing 2 story heavy games at the same time lol

i agree that LCS looks really good still, i was honestly surprised when i replayed it on vita.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Cross posting here as the OT is dead.
Considering how I can go pick up that game at literally almost any Gamestop in Houston, do with that information what you will. You're not at any risk of not being able to find it physically any time soon I wouldn't think.
I'm playing video games since 20 years, probably 18 of those having RPGs as my favourite genre, and TiTS is at the top of my greatest hits, together with Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Persona 4 Golden, Nocturne, Lufia II and Final Fantasy VII. And that is without having played any other game in the series, since I too have no japanese languaga skills.
Given that perspective, I recommend the game to anyone without reservations, but with a few warnings. Take your time. It's not a game to be rushed, the enjoyment does not come from becoming uber-strong, reaching the conclusion or getting to post-game, it's the journey, the character interactions and world building that make the game special. Talking to the many interesting NPCs, looking around for stuff and carefully reading/following the plot is advised. So if you feel like you are not in the mood for a heavy focus on slow paced exposition, don't force it.
I've been looking for something to take a stranglehold on me like P4G did. And being a good game outside the trilogy certainly helps.
Trails in the Sky is one of those games that are a bit plain but extremely well crafted, and the game is well paced, and it has a story that always that got me hooked while not being obnoxious (This is a problem for SC since the game is nearly twice as long as the first one), and I am very glad that I played it.
Perfect. Tales annoyed me.
You are asking questions that would be considered spoilers, so unless you really want to know we are not going to say anything. Trails does a much better job in story telling in terms of not overwhelming the player compared to Tales of in my opinion, and while on it, I don't consider it to be an epic.
And god get back to Persona 2, or just watch the damn thing on YouTube or something since the gameplay did not age well. Technically both games are out since EP has a PS1 release and IS is on PSP.
I am totally not sorry for hyping them up for English only speakers it's just that good. I got hooked in 2006 and until 2009 the majority of games I played are from Falcom[/soiler]
The answer I didn't know I wanted to hear.
I'll play P2 when I talk my backlog in a few years.

Anyway,
XA6HC0Y.png

incpdo

you should play Ys OiF. my favorite game out of all the games you listed/bought. you should probably finish danganronpa before playing p3p, i dislike playing 2 story heavy games at the same time lol

i agree that LCS looks really good still, i was honestly surprised when i replayed it on vita.

yeah p3p was a pending game i never buy on sales but, there is no more excuses now.
im going to finish danganronpa first tho.

seriously Legend of Mana has to be one of the best looking psOne classics on Vita. it looks great.

autoduelist

how does the original wipeout hold up? I don't feel the need to have it to 'complete' my wipeout collection, I only want it if it's still a standup racer worth playing. (i do love wipeout).

Tizoc

Guys today is the last day to post your top 10 GotY 2014 list, make sure you follow the right structure in the first post and make your list
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=953311

It'll be interesting to see Danganronpa make it to at least the top 20 list.

yeah p3p was a pending game i never buy on sales but, there is no more excuses now.
im going to finish danganronpa first tho.

seriously Legend of Mana has to be one of the best looking psOne classics on Vita. it looks great.

I need to get that game lol.

When did you get a Vita BTW, cuz I'm surprised any VitaGAFfer would start DR1 a year after its release unless they got their Vita a few months ago ;D

For that matter, Enjoy DR1 feel free to freak out and post about the crazy stuff that happens.

...and yeah Ys OiF should be played next, it's one of only 2 games in 2014 I played that made me yell like Kenshiro when playing~

Producer

wow it really is about the be 1 year since danganronpa 1 came out for the west. time goes quick.

i still need to pick up a vita copy. mainly for school mode...for a certain character..

incpdo

Guys today is the last day to post your top 10 GotY 2014 list, make sure you follow the right structure in the first post and make your list
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=953311

It'll be interesting to see Danganronpa make it to at least the top 20 list.

I need to get that game lol.

When did you get a Vita BTW, cuz I'm surprised any VitaGAFfer would start DR1 a year after its release unless they got their Vita a few months ago ;D

For that matter, Enjoy DR1 feel free to freak out and post about the crazy stuff that happens.

...and yeah Ys OiF should be played next, it's one of only 2 games in 2014 I played that made me yell like Kenshiro when playing~

i have my vita since Argentinian launch in august 2012 . There where a lot of games i was interested but Danganronpa is not in a genre i visit very often i mean i played No escape series , ZOE gba(yes i kinda enjoy this haha, is more a visual novel than anything)and a few VNs more on the nintendo ds but thats it , its not my first choice as a genre , im kinda new liking Vns. Danganronpa was interesting enough because i played Phoenix wright but i only have played 2 PW games not finishing any of them. So i wasnt sure if Danganronpa will be a game i will finish. After a year of hearing good things about this game and preparing myself to enjoy Danganronpa : AE that is more in the type of genre i play i cannot let go of this opportunity before someone spoiler me anything else. I was one of the guys who read a spoiler (not something specific but still)in this thread back when the game came out in the west. It took time for me to forget that non specific spoiler ( i still remember over which char is it but i dont know what was it)

Well but im in. I love the characters and the art style is growing on me. It was ugly char wise at the begining when the game came out but i really dig it now.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
how does the original wipeout hold up? I don't feel the need to have it to 'complete' my wipeout collection, I only want it if it's still a standup racer worth playing. (i do love wipeout).

tracks are easier as there is not any where you need to airbreak. (types of turns close to 90 degrees and such)

still a good game, just tracks are not as complex as the next title.

Maid

Banned
Balancing texts

On the topic of broken and balancing, I also don't understand why do people feel the need that "everything should be equal". The most fun MMO I played is Ragnarok Online, where the balancing was tossed inside the trash bin for the most part. Studying weak/useless classes and make it works even though situational is my entertainment, not following cookie cutter builds and then complaining when there are nothing else to do.

Hearing the game let you creates every characters right of the boat pleases me, as I can experiment without worrying about having to go back grinding everyone from lv 1.

Finding the way to break a game is also one of my enjoyments.

whats vita chat

LINE Vita chat. You could ask ZeroAKA for invitation.
Only waifu avatar allowed.

Parakeetman

On the topic of broken and balancing, I also don't understand why do people feel the need that "everything should be equal". The most fun MMO I played is Ragnarok Online, where the balancing was tossed inside the trash bin for the most part. Studying weak/useless classes and make it works even though situational is my entertainment, not following cookie cutter builds and then complaining when there are nothing else to do.

Hearing the game let you creates every characters right of the boat pleases me, as I can experiment without worrying about having to go back grinding everyone from lv 1.

Finding the way to break a game is also one of my enjoyments.

LINE Vita chat. You could ask ZeroAKA for invitation.
Only waifu avatar allowed.

2 of the classes are opened up via the story though for Op Abyss. Being the Monk and Summoner. Everything else is available from the get go. Leveling up the other 2 classes from scratch does not take too long either, since by then you should have a good enough party to drag them around and just rack up the exp with, not to mention equipment to keep them alive with.

The thing about game balance is that if its not done to a certain extent you have bad situations like a recent one being Freedom Wars where the most useful weapon is the barbara and since that game is all about DPS the most you do need one if you want to collect drops from bosses faster or survive the special missions solo. As the other weapons do not come close to the kind of damage output it can give.

Another example would be imagine if monster hunter had lopsided weapons. You would just have people pretty much hanging around those and a specific build rather than trying out all sorts of things. The weapons are fairly balanced to a point between the classes. While some combinations may be broken, there is a lot of good overall balance to that evens that out.

In things like dungeon crawlers if you have a system that is too easily broken it loses the main aspect of the gameplay which is tension.

Its similar for example if the player buys that EXP + CASH dlcs for SMT IV which makes it super easy to become OP that breaks the rest of the game as you just walk right over everything, taking away pretty much any enjoyment out of actually playing the game since there is no challenge left. So basically they went and broke their own game by not thinking out the DLC correctly. As its pretty easy to over level way too fast with it and without thought. Once that happens too, there really is no way to reset it either.

I did it as an experiment to see how much the game balance would be ruined by said DLC. Just as a personal case study about bad decisions with what type of content is released for DLC.

Once again its not about making everything even, but having it designed so there is no overly easy one stop for everything unless it was done on purpose such as the drake sword in dark souls.

I think for me what they did in EO IV as talked about in the previous post is what took the fun out of the game for me with how overly orthodox the classes became vs. III. I thought III was an interesting balance and made the whole sub class system even more interesting, than the usual type of combinations you had.

Im not one for whitewashing design so that everything is even across the board and at the same time am not for no thought put into the design process so there are blatant broken items also. As then what happens is the game becomes designed around the damage output of those making everything else feel worthless. (basically no careful thought being put into the overall game design)

Tizoc

Ugh PS4GAF got another question:
I don't usually have the internet on on my PS3; if I buy PS4 games digitally, can I still play them while my system is not connected to the net?

maouvin

Ugh PS4GAF got another question:
I don't usually have the internet on on my PS3; if I buy PS4 games digitally, can I still play them while my system is not connected to the net?

I'll assume that "PS3" is a "PS4" (if not I didn't understand what you're asking).
If your account is set as primary on the PS4, you can play digital purchased games without internet connection.

Tizoc

I'll assume that "PS3" is a "PS4" (if not I didn't understand what you're asking).
If your account is set as primary on the PS4, you can play digital purchased games without internet connection.

Ah OK, but if I say want to gameshare, that 2nd PS4 wouldn't be primary and can only play those digital games while connected to the net right?
Mind you I have like...4 PS accounts so they can all be primary ON 1 console right?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just want to discuss or rant out about something but I doubt it deserves it's own thread:

Why is it majority of kickstarters or indie games are 2D Platformers that are either rogue like or metroidvania clones. I'm not hating on them (and some might be good) but I wish there was a bit more... Well diversity.

Parakeetman

Just want to discuss or rant out about something but I doubt it deserves it's own thread:

Why is it majority of kickstarters or indie games are 2D Platformers that are either rogue like or metroidvania clones. I'm not hating on them (and some might be good) but I wish there was a bit more... Well diversity.

Lack of originality. Wanting to cash in on the current trend.

and of course

me being an asshole

Tizoc

Funnily enough i was just about to post this
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yanimstudio/red-goddess-inner-world

Which is releasing on PS4+Vita in a few months.

I honestly wish there would be an honest to gosh, simple conept platformer in the same vein as the SNES or Genesis games, and for the devs not to fucking tout that it is 'NINTENDO HARD', because really...that shit is trite.
Just make a simple concept with a building up difficulty like what the Mario games do, all these devs say their games are inspired by old classic platformers yet their own inspired games may not even play remotely or capture the same essence or experience as those games.

The last indie 2D game that really reminded me of the glory days of 90s games is Freedom Planet, that's a game whose graphics look like they were directly plucked from the 90s Genesis era and brought to our modern period.
The dev is still working on the game to have additions made to the PC ver., but I really hope they can target a Late 2015 (hey I'm being generous here) Vita release for FP...so I can vote it as my GotY again!

maouvin

Ah OK, but if I say want to gameshare, that 2nd PS4 wouldn't be primary and can only play those digital games while connected to the net right?
Mind you I have like...4 PS accounts so they can all be primary ON 1 console right?

Yes to both.

Shinriji

I hoped that KS would bring more 2D beat em up, like Double Dragon and Final Fight. There is a serious lack of this type of games, but no one looks interested in kickstart those projects.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Big Sky infinty: a nice procedural generated shooter thats worth the price but i would like to shot dead to that commenter.
Ugh. People like you ruined Big Sky Infinity. Because of you whiners they patched the game so it had less commentary. I liked the commentary. It was funny and entertaining. I miss it.

2D platformers are easy to make. Altrough I'm suprised by lack of shumps - single person can put shmup together in Unity in few weeks time :D

Xenoflare

How many souls to I need to sacrifice to get Wadjet Eye games on to vita or PSN in general.

I really would like some Gemini Rue on Vita. I know I mentioned this before

Tizoc

How many souls to I need to sacrifice to get Wadjet Eye games on to vita or PSN in general.

I really would like some Gemini Rue on Vita. I know I mentioned this before

You haven't played Blackwell 5 yet have you :V

I tried to find this#BuildingTheList but I can't find a twitter page for it, I take it I gotta tweet it to Gio instead?

Xenoflare

You haven't played Blackwell 5 yet have you :V

I tried to find this#BuildingTheList but I can't find a twitter page for it, I take it I gotta tweet it to Gio instead?

I avoided because I usually don't want to have myself hanged somewhere.
think the end of TiTs FC for English
, so I never bothered with it.

Gemini Rue is one hell of a game

incpdo

Ugh. People like you ruined Big Sky Infinity. Because of you whiners they patched the game so it had less commentary. I liked the commentary. It was funny and entertaining. I miss it.

yes it is funny . the first time. it is not compatible with the game aesthetics. i think to keep everyone happy they should put an option to turn off the man who talks. After a few runs on the game commentary really annoys

Note: its a little harsh to call me a whiner btw , you should have more respect for the people you dont know.

Has anyone (if they've tried to) been able to get a hold of NISAmerica's customer service department lately? They've been MIA for like 3 or 4 weeks for me... can't get an email response or a phone rep to do something with my payment method.

I'll be really miffed if I end up missing out on the htoL#NiQ LE when it tries to ship and the payment can't be processed.

I e-mailed them about a month ago asking if the physical version of Firefly Diary was coming to EU store. No response. Ended up pre-ordering the US version from Play-Asia. Meh.

How is neptunia rebirth 1?
Does it have varied locations, is it big? How is the gameplay itself?

Took me about 25 hours to complete. It's big enough. The gameplay is pretty interesting turn-based RPG. It's somewhat like a SRPG in that you have an area you can move and a certain reticule in front of you which you can attack with, but it's free form in that you can move anywhere. You choose between 3 different attacks in combat that either do heavy damage, reduce enemies defence or increase your special meter. I had a lot of fun with it.

Varied locations... ehh. To an extent it does, in that you'll run through volcanoes; snowy fields; futuristic factories etc. But you'll repeat through them a LOT after a while. And they're not very interactive in what you can actually do in them.

With that said, I loved the game and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys JRPGs.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
yes it is funny . the first time. it is not compatible with the game aesthetics. i think to keep everyone happy they should put an option to turn off the man who talks. After a few runs on the game commentary really annoys

Note: its a little harsh to call me a whiner btw , you should have more respect for the people you dont know.
I thought there was an option to turn it off? I don't really remember as I never actually wanted to.

But I do apologise for the whiner comment. Emotions got the better of me and it was out of line.

Top Bottom