• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

My Appli Archives adventures on Playstation Mobile continues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiG6rifq7Z0

NaxOQwV.jpg

Appli Archives IDAC Escape Game Pack 1 - A collection of 4 similar adventure games

uMtbB9q.jpg

Appli Archives Nippon Ichi Software Mini Game Pack 1 - A Lemmings type game, a racing type game, and a match 3 type game.

TOPR: Super Mega Baseball, Whoa Dave! & Fat Princess: Piece of Cake

AsfaeksBR

Can't believe I missed the Extended Holiday Deals after the DDoS attack.
Missed getting DA: Inquisition for cheap :'(

Any news when it will go back on Sale? Or is it worth getting full price?

ZeroAKA

HOLY SHIT

SAO has beaten Minecraft.

The massive success of this terribly localized game in the West still puzzles me.
Every time I think about buying the game, I remember the localization and stop myself. Bamco is getting no money from me with that crap.

HOLY SHIT

The massive success of this terribly localized game in the West still puzzles me.

It's SAO there's your answer. Also I believe that, script aside the gameplay is really solid and different from everything else.

I bet that if that Attack on Titan game that is on the 3DS came out here, it would sell just as well (even though the first release apparently isn't so great, don't know about the second)

Tizoc

I'm sorry for being a broken record, but i still don't get how any licenses for getting Crash and Spyro PSX games Vita compatible won't make it back in due, or heck with how much the games have sold over the past year, already covers some of it.

License and the like for games can really suck :/

SerTapTap

I'm sorry for being a broken record, but i still don't get how any licenses for getting Crash and Spyro PSX games Vita compatible won't make it back in due, or heck with how much the games have sold over the past year, already covers some of it.

License and the like for games can really suck :/

Licensed anything is terrible. I wish digital stores could get for-life licenses for this stuff. Several good games have been culled in the last year

E the Shaggy

Any deals on Playstation plus memberships?

I thought I'd hang out longer for one but want to pick one up for the Anniversary sale and thought I'd make one last ditch attempt.

autoduelist

Am I the only one who thinks Sony is going to ditch the 10% off code idea?

Why in the world would they do that? They have a whole new system in the carts to enter codes. They promised one. And they still have weeks left to make good on their promise. Seems a bit premature to start thinking they're going to change their minds... it doesn't really make any sense, either -- they offered the 10% as a gesture of goodwill to combat the negative PR lizard squad caused.. why turn that into more bad PR? And it's not like a 10% digital coupon costs anything, since if anything it'll generate sales like any other promotion.

Sony generally makes good on it's promises right when they say they will -- if it says we'll get $10 back on or before March 10th, we'll get it March 9th or March 10th. In this case, expect it, what, end of January?

Okay, so whynotboth.gif, I know, I know.

However, if I had to choose between GTA Chinatown Wars PSP and GTA Vice City PSP, which should I choose?

FireSol

My ps+(3 month deal) subscription will end in few days and I forget, If I buy 12 month plan today will it start count from today or after previous deal will end?

SerTapTap

My ps+(3 month deal) subscription will end in few days and I forget, If I buy 12 month plan today will it start count from today or after previous deal will end?

It adds however many days to your timer, apply it any time, you don't need to wait for it to expire to get the most out of it. I have PS+ going out to 2017

Okay, so whynotboth.gif, I know, I know.

However, if I had to choose between GTA Chinatown Wars PSP and GTA Vice City PSP, which should I choose?

If you're a big fan of Vice City, I would recommend Stories, though it has some minor issues (world is kinda empty, sound on a few occasions dropped).
Chinatown Wars is also great, but the radiostations only play instrumental music.

Alright... My haul from this sale. How'd I do?

Trails in the Sky
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Locoroco
Twisted Metal 2
Ys: Oath of Felghana
Resistance Retribution

HOLY SHIT

The best part of the game has nothing to do with 90% of the "story" included in the game - it's the actual gameplay and exploration of areas.

You can pretty much watch the cutscenes 'til you hit floor 77 and get past the first bit in the Hollow Area, skip the ones in the middle, and start watching them again once you hit floor 99 and not lose any vital information or have to deal with the horrible editing.

The best part of the game has nothing to do with 90% of the "story" included in the game - it's the actual gameplay and exploration of areas.

You can pretty much watch the cutscenes 'til you hit floor 77 and get past the first bit in the Hollow Area, skip the ones in the middle, and start watching them again once you hit floor 99 and not lose any vital information or have to deal with the horrible editing.

I've only really killed some Lizardmen and some low powered enemies so far, but I am enjoying it.

RK128

This week has been really great for the Vita and PS4; that huge PS 20th Anaversry sale is great (so many PS1/PSP/Vita games at great prices :D) and for PS4 owners, access to the surprisingly solid PS Now service.

Regarding the sale, while I do own a majority of the games in the sale.....is these batch of games a good deal:
-Midevil
-Jet Moto 1/2
-Trials of the Sky
-LocoRoco
-Twisted Metal 2
-Syphon Filter

I think this is a solid set of games to pick up Monday (will be getting 20 bucks, so I can get a handful of these games :D).

Any suggestions or changes to this list would be nice :).

SerTapTap

This week has been really great for the Vita and PS4; that huge PS 20th Anaversry sale is great (so many PS1/PSP/Vita games at great prices :D) and for PS4 owners, access to the surprisingly solid PS Now service.

-Midevil
-LocoRoco

Can't speak so much for the rest, but MediEvil and Loco Roco are pretty much required playing from the PS1/PSP catalogs to my mind

RK128

Can't speak so much for the rest, but MediEvil and Loco Roco are pretty much required playing from the PS1/PSP catalogs to my mind

Okay, will pick those up for sure next week :D! Thank you for the heads up Sir TapTap :).

Getting more games when I still have at least 30 games not even started yet......gotta love the Vita man XD!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I just tried playing TxK for the first time in months. Man, I used to be so good at this game. What happened? But it definitely reminded me why I loved this game so much and why it made it so high on my GOTY list last year. I need to get back in to this game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had 7.01 left from my last purchase and I wanted to only spend 40 bucks on cards today.

Luckily for me:

Persona 4 Golden
Persona 3 Portable
Trails in the Sky
Tactics Ogre

Added up to 46.99.

I'm pretty much done with Vita purchases forever now.

antibolo

Banned
Pretty awesome that Tokyo Jungle reached #6 in the 2014 PS3 top sellers. I guess it was because of that one flash sale where it was 99 cents.

I don't know if I should go for Trails in the Sky on PSN or Steam. Decisions decisions

Please buy the PSP version so Xseed won't change their minds about Second Chapter later this year.

Finally got a chance to listen to the Vita Means... podcast, and the Skype notification sounds are driving me nuts - I keep looking at my phone/laptop in reaction. =P

Producer

I had 7.01 left from my last purchase and I wanted to only spend 40 bucks on cards today.

Luckily for me:

Persona 4 Golden
Persona 3 Portable
Trails in the Sky
Tactics Ogre

Added up to 46.99.

I'm pretty much done with Vita purchases forever now.

nah, you'll be back for more

Top Bottom