• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Flunkie

Banned
What's the combat like in TitS? I have $14 left in my wallet and I don't know if I should buy that, R&C collection, or something else on sale. I am interested I the Ys Vita game and wish that was on sale and I'm not a huge turn based JRPG guy.

Going to give these a try.

efvnOGO.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
nah, you'll be back for more

Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle, maybe.

Also a really good deal on Dragon's Crown. I've still got a dozen PS1 games to play on it and a few PSP/Vita games though. Plus a person can spend a year on Tactics Ogre.

Oh, I suppose I will get US Shinovi Versus when it goes on sale to promote the real deal, Senran Kagura 2!

autoduelist

Regarding the sale, while I do own a majority of the games in the sale.....is these batch of games a good deal:
-Syphon Filter
Any suggestions or changes to this list would be nice :).

Snipped it down to this game because it's rarely discussed. I played through it a couple years ago and still thought it held up. Sure, it takes some adjusting since it's a ps1 action game, but it doesn't require a 'warning' like some games with tank controls do.

I'm pretty much done with Vita purchases forever now.

I sure as hell hope that forever lasts longer than a month or so.

Pretty awesome that Tokyo Jungle reached #6 in the 2014 PS3 top sellers. I guess it was because of that one flash sale where it was 99 cents.

I still desperately want a proper TJ port to vita. I love that game. I mean, the PSM version is fun too, but I want it proper. I know it did surprisingly well in the West, so maybe just maybe we'll get some ps4/vita sequel.

Producer

i guess what he meant is that good senran sales in the west will give us more senran games in general.

like how the success of Burst motivated XSEED to give us Shinovi Versus. well thats how i think that went down.

Shizuka

What's the combat like in TitS? I have $14 left in my wallet and I don't know if I should buy that, R&C collection, or something else on sale. I am interested I the Ys Vita game and wish that was on sale and I'm not a huge turn based JRPG guy.

Combat is pretty simple. TitS is all about the story, Ys is the one all about the gameplay.

SerTapTap

The two games above it sure as shit aren't.

PS Store loves to lie.

Not quite, Vita games are listed as PS3 because you can download them to PS3 to send to Vita. Cross buy games don't show up like that anyway, they're separate entries in the download list. It's still a stupid way to show it, but it's not misleading once you know how their weirdo stuff works.

Flandy

Man I really wanna pick up TiTs on Vita but I'd rather play it on my monitor. My PS TV should be coming in on Monday or so but it'll look really ugly on my monitor compared to the steam version :\

Steam version is double the price though. -__-

If only there was a native Vita/PS4 cross-buy version ;__;

Shizuka

Man I really wanna pick up TiTs on Vita but I'd rather play it on my monitor. My PS TV should be coming in on Monday or so but it'll look really ugly on my monitor compared to the steam version :

Steam version is double the price though. -__-

If only there was a native Vita/PS4 cross-buy version ;__;

Get it now for only $8.

Producer

TitS looks great in PC in HD

havent played it on vita but the upscaling wont do it any favors, but still, its $8.

as long as one buys the game its all good

RK128

Snipped it down to this game because it's rarely discussed. I played through it a couple years ago and still thought it held up. Sure, it takes some adjusting since it's a ps1 action game, but it doesn't require a 'warning' like some games with tank controls do.

I might check that out too; sounds like a fun game :). If they hold up well, I might enjoy another franchise I missed out on during the PS1 era (many of Sony's classics like Midevil, this and third party stuff like the Parasite Eve games I missed out on; did get a number of them like the Crash, Spryo, Castlevanna, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Tomb Raider, ect thanks to the Vita sales last year :)).

autoduelist

I like the combat system and posted a bit about it a couple days ago. Combat takes place in a open area, with turn based 'srpg' style combat. That is, each of your characters take a turn, moving around on the battlefield, with different speeds / ranges of attacks and spells, etc. Similar to say, Arc the Lad or Rainbow Moon. Someone else called it 'simple', I'm not sure I agree, it's got a lot more meat than say, your standard menu based 'attack' 'attack' 'attack' style head on combat. That said, I got sidetracked fairly early in the game so don't know how the challenge holds up throughout.

Christian

Do we know if Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 2 is getting a Limited Edition, and, if so, will they be doing that garbage midnight sale stuff on Amazon again?

Joey Ravn

Banned
I sold my Vita a few weeks ago and canceled my SEN monthly subscription. Still, Sony charged me for one more month today. I checked my settings and yes, it didn't have the auto-renew feature turned on. GG, Sony. I'm closing my account to make sure I never, ever have to deal with you again.

I sold my Vita a few weeks ago and canceled my SEN monthly subscription. Still, Sony charged me for one more month today. I checked my settings and yes, it didn't have the auto-renew feature turned on. GG, Sony. I'm closing my account to make sure I never, ever have to deal with you again.

Can't say I blame you. Seems there are lots of issues in this vein, still.

Takao

Banned
Japan actually got a PS3/Vita remake. Not that we're ever likely to get it, it's by a different developer and different publisher.

No, they're ports. The PS3 version is from Falcom, but for some inexplicable reason they released it under the PSP Remaster line (even though its visuals are derived from the PC version) so it lacks trophies. It's a fairly straight port.

The Vita version is from a non-Falcom entity and features full voice acting alongside some minor modifications.

Prelude.

http://psnprofiles.com/Joey-Ravn

So you bought a Vita 6 months ago, bought like 40 games, didn't play anything and now you're selling it? That's a weird "relationship".

autoduelist

why are there quotes around "relationship"? He never said that. Additionally, why would it matter if he literally never played his Vita a single time. He still got charged and shouldn't have been.

Assuming the stated account of events is true of course. It's the internet, after all. I've had no issue having Sony refund me when I actually -was- still signed up for stuff (specifically, Music Unlimited). Of course, I contacted Sony about it rather than posting to neogaf, which probably helped my cause. If they actually did charge him when he wasn't signed up for it, it was clearly a mistake, and he'd have no problem getting a refund. I find it slightly hard to believe that would happen though... unless he turned it off the same day he was supposed to get charged or something. There isn't any room for human error in such situations, its a database full of 1s and 0s, and the charge is automated. If he wasn't signed up, the odds of him being the only person charged accidentally are... well, it's just unlikely. I'm not saying he's definitely lying or anything - anything is possible - but it's a definite oddity that could be easily rectified by simply contacting Sony instead of posting here.

Assuming the stated account of events is true of course. It's the internet, after all. I've had no issue having Sony refund me when I actually -was- still signed up for stuff (specifically, Music Unlimited). Of course, I contacted Sony about it rather than posting to neogaf, which probably helped my cause. If they actually did charge him when he wasn't signed up for it, it was clearly a mistake, and he'd have no problem getting a refund. I find it slightly hard to believe that would happen though... unless he turned it off the same day he was supposed to get charged or something. There isn't any room for human error in such situations, its a database full of 1s and 0s, and the charge is automated. If he wasn't signed up, the odds of him being the only person charged accidentally are... well, it's just unlikely. I'm not saying he's definitely lying or anything - anything is possible - but it's a definite oddity that could be easily rectified by simply contacting Sony instead of posting here.

I agree posting here isn't the best thing to do. My issue is with the idea that someone comes in here with a complaint and someone immediately calls them out as some sort of shady figure just because -- according to a dubious source -- they didn't play all the games they bought. Complete red herring. Additionally, I find it incredibly odd that this thread -- of all places -- would elicit such immediate suspicion granted that there's basically no chance that he'll get any sort of meaningful support from this little group.

Doesn't particularly matter, though. Just struck me as needlessly hostile.

Contact support?

Prelude.

why are there quotes around "relationship"? He never said that. Additionally, why would it matter if he literally never played his Vita a single time. He still got charged and shouldn't have been.
Because it's weird to have a relationship with a console so I used them for lack of a better word.

But it's not like I was trying to expose him or whatever, I was just curious. You can't deny it's kinda peculiar.

SerTapTap

Deadly Premonition is HILARIOUS. IT is not a good game but is the best kind of bad. If you got it with PS+ I recommend taking it for a spin, possibly while intoxicated and/or with friends. It is a very video-gamey bad horror movie and everything is so absurd, janky or poorly done it's funny.

HGH

Banned
The saddest thing about that game is that they forced Swery(the developer) to add combat when he didn't want to. If you could just coast from awful/hilarious cutscene to the next the game would be even better.

Do we know if Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 2 is getting a Limited Edition, and, if so, will they be doing that garbage midnight sale stuff on Amazon again?

They announced it like 2 weeks ago with prices and their own site and everything.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=971849

Top Bottom