• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Maid

Banned
What the shit?
Sony better let me keep buying my games in english.

Make a thread about it to see if there is anyone else seeing the same message as you before clicking anything.

TOTP: People should pre-order Firefly Diary so we all could save Mion.

ryseing

God, this CODE 6 FW mission is awful. It's the one where you're facing "Them". FW does not work in close quarters, and unfortunately the ENTIRE FREAKING MISSION TAKES PLACE IN A MAZE. Oh yeah, and you have 10 minutes. 15 lives, but 10 minutes. WHAT THE FUCK.

Has there ever been such a great game that was plagued by such bullshit? Seriously. This game has pacing issues out the wazoo, and the "stealth" missions are some of the most pointless bullshit I've played in years. The actual missions are great. Why just not stick to that?

Chuy

Is the NA Vita store going to get any good themes? Just saw pics of the Nep theme and damn do I want it.
Always assume no other stated otherwise but even then it could be another type-0 :/

God, this CODE 6 FW mission is awful. It's the one where you're facing "Them". FW does not work in close quarters, and unfortunately the ENTIRE FREAKING MISSION TAKES PLACE IN A MAZE. Oh yeah, and you have 10 minutes. 15 lives, but 10 minutes. WHAT THE FUCK.

Has there ever been such a great game that was plagued by such bullshit? Seriously. This game has pacing issues out the wazoo, and the "stealth" missions are some of the most pointless bullshit I've played in years. The actual missions are great. Why just not stick to that?
Wait til the code 7 exam. It's even worse than that trust me

Question to anyone whose played Dragon Age up to Inquisition, hows the performance of Origins on PS3 and would it be a good way to see whether I'd like Inquisition?

Also, apparently Dokuro is $2.99 on the US store.

Xenoflare

I snapped at the Code 7 exam and played the rest of the game on multiplayer.

It makes everything so much easier

Tizoc

I'm thinking of getting Uncharted 1-3 from the sale so I can sell the physical copies...

should I get the two GTA PSP games

Fair warning, that the 3 PSP gta games combined come to around 3 GB!
...but the PSP games are good i hear so I decided to cop them :p

Just got a second memory card for my Vita. Is there anything good that is free on the Japanese PSN that is worth the hassle of being able to use it? I already have an account.

Maid

Banned
Just got a second memory card for my Vita. Is there anything good that is free on the Japanese PSN that is worth the hassle of being able to use it? I already have an account.

PSNova demo, Toukiden Kiwami demo, actually, all the demo you could find.

If onlye PSO2 wasn't IP locked.

Question to anyone whose played Dragon Age up to Inquisition, hows the performance of Origins on PS3 and would it be a good way to see whether I'd like Inquisition?

Also, apparently Dokuro is $2.99 on the US store.

It's been a while since I played Origins on PS3 but I remember the port to be good, same for DAII but neither is a good way to see whether you'd like Inquisition, except lore wise. They're very different games.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You mean SAO wasn't a cash in anime game?

Bandai Namco is surprisingly better than other companies that do cash-in type of titles lately. Naruto and One Piece are 2 good examples of them putting a lot of resources behind the projects.

Still though wonder how Tokyo Ghoul will turn out.

I wouldnt be excited about anything until you have some actual footage to view.

FiveOVER

Neo Member

It's easy. just lock on to your target and don't stop running (sideways, of course). Once you see an opening, thorn + triangle. Repeat until dead.

There's also a sure fire but boring method. Just stand on top of one of those pillars. Wait for them to thorn their way up. Charged attack till dead.

It's been a while since I played Origins on PS3 but I remember the port to be good, same for DAII but neither is a good way to see whether you'd like Inquisition, except lore wise. They're very different games.

All right, thanks, guess Im diving straight into Inquisition when its on sale. I was having a tough time deciding between GTA Chinatown on Vita or DA Origins on PS3.

jvm

Gamasutra.
So, I finished The Swapper. I think there are two endings, and I took
the one in which you choose to swap with a rescuer
. Neat game, and some of those puzzles are hard as nails. I'm torn about whether I want to do the trophies -- just finishing the game gets you zero trophies. I think they're all
hidden consoles
. The visuals are definitely unforgettable, and the sound design is pretty great too.

Definitely a high quality PS+ release, and all you schlubs should try it out.

However, I do think it was initially mis-priced to get my interest. It was $19.99 at launch, I believe, that that's quite a bit too much. On the other hand, I think they knew they were going to go free on PS+ and were willing to simply suck in the very avid early adopters at a premium, knowing that they had a PS+ payout coming down the road. That's a savvy strategy, but I do wonder how it will work out long-term. If you keep burning the people who can and will pay top price up front, only to undercut them with free a few weeks down the road, I think you run the risk that they'll eventually stop buying in that first week.

Yaari

Lol, so I was waiting for my copy of Persona 4 Golden to arrive from VideoGamesPlus, and I totally forgot there was even a tracking code. So I decided to look it up and it's the most ridiculous shipping procedure ever.

From Canada, it got all the way towards Frankfurt, Germany, at which point it got returned to the shipper with zero mention why.

Great. And I really wanted to play the game. (And no I can't get it on US PSN unfortunately, my Vita is region set towards Europe :( ).

Lol, so I was waiting for my copy of Persona 4 Golden to arrive from VideoGamesPlus, and I totally forgot there was even a tracking code. So I decided to look it up and it's the most ridiculous shipping procedure ever.

From Canada, it got all the way towards Frankfurt, Germany, at which point it got returned to the shipper with zero mention why.

Great. And I really wanted to play the game. (And no I can't get it on US PSN unfortunately, my Vita is region set towards Europe :( ).

The game got a retail release over here in Europe and it's also available on PSN.

Here's a link if you're from the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Persona-4-Golden-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B009RH725S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421505779&sr=8-1&keywords=persona+4+golden

I don't recommend shopping on VideoGamePlus, their customer support is terrible. I ordered Senran Kagura from them October 19th, it shows that it has been shipped on the 20 but I still haven't received it yet and when I try to contact their customer support they don't even reply to me.

nampad

Game is available on European PSN too.

Tizoc

. Neat game, and some of those puzzles are hard as nails. I'm torn about whether I want to do the trophies -- just finishing the game gets you zero trophies. I think they're all
hidden consoles
. The visuals are definitely unforgettable, and the sound design is pretty great too.

However, I do think it was initially mis-priced to get my interest. It was $19.99 at launch, I believe, that that's quite a bit too much. On the other hand, I think they knew they were going to go free on PS+ and were willing to simply suck in the very avid early adopters at a premium, knowing that they had a PS+ payout coming down the road. That's a savvy strategy, but I do wonder how it will work out long-term. If you keep burning the people who can and will pay top price up front, only to undercut them with free a few weeks down the road, I think you run the risk that they'll eventually stop buying in that first week.

If you liked The Swapper keep an eye out for Talos Principle, it's from the same guy who made The Swapper and is releasing on PS4 soon. It is one of my GotY 2014 contenders.

I just did this, and nearly turned my Vita off because I almost didn't make it. I am enjoying the game way more than I thought, but it's longetivity is starting to wear a little thin...as I have too many games to be wasting my time on that tediousness. Not to mention the repetition of times you go to the Cell Garden, navigate an easy maze of patrolling gurards, do a cutscene, go to Wakka, cutscene, then you have to go back to the Garden, do a harder maze filled with annoying enemies and a short time limit, another cutscene, go back to Wakka, then go BACK to Cell Garden again....tediousness at it's finest in my eyes -_-
I'm thinking of getting Uncharted 1-3 from the sale so I can sell the physical copies...

should I get the two GTA PSP games
Yes. Buy them all. They are fantastic.

_hekk05

Banned
So is getting Atelier Ayesha early for the extra stuff worth it? I'm gonna be getting it regardless, but I might wait for a sale since I have so much backlog

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So is getting Atelier Ayesha early for the extra stuff worth it? I'm gonna be getting it regardless, but I might wait for a sale since I have so much backlog
It's up to you to decide, they're only cosmetic costumes. They may or may not make the DLC available later.
Totori's DLC is unavailable, Meruru's is available for purchase, and Rorona with all the DLC is still available here in Europe even though it shouldn't (lol scee), and aside from that only one piece of DLC out of 4 is available.

Shizuka

Here is my unpopular gaming opinion: TWD, TWD S2 and TWAU are not that awful on the Vita. They're perfectly playable games that shine on the system. It's not the most advanced game, but aside from very few stutters, they're awesome. Come at me!

RK128

Here is my unpopular gaming opinion: TWD, TWD S2 and TWAU are not that awful on the Vita. They're perfectly playable games that shine on the system. It's not the most advanced game, but aside from very few stutters, they're awesome. Come at me!

While I didn't play TWD S2 and TWAU, I love my playthrough of TWD on my Vita early last year :D. Got it during that huge Vita sale and....felt great playing through that great story once more :'). The performance wasn't that bad at all; the game even runs at 60FPS time to time (the only really graphical bug was in I think Chapter 4, where you are running from that Walker mob; the ground underneath them vanishes for some reason :l). It is nice that TellTale is supporting the Vita with their games :D.

I concur.

The pauses are present on every system to some degree - honestly, I can wait the extra half second to play it portable and get it done without other kinds of hassle.

I enjoyed the hell out of them.

What a great sale. Ended up getting both GTA PSP games.

Ratchet & Clank™ Collection (3.3 GB Required)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (1.16 GB Required)
YS: THE OATH IN FELGHANA (783 MB Required)
Grand Theft Auto®: Chinatown Wars™ (527 MB Required)
Grand Theft Auto®: Vice City Stories™ (1.6 GB Required)
LocoRoco™ (525 MB Required)
Okami HD (Full Game)

Takao

Banned
Should I be excited, or it's just another cash-in anime game?

Generally speaking, the more popular an anime is, the likelier it is to get a game approaching a decent level of quality. Bandai Namco is no stranger to hastily made licensed games, as Magic High School, M3, Captain Earth and Waifu War w/ Tanks can attest to.

edit: In related licensed anime Vita game news, Furyu's Yuna Yuki game appears to be developed by Zerodiv, the studio behind Mind/Zero, Sorcery Saga and the Class of Heroes series.

hidden consoles

I agree, a similar thing happened with Crimsonland, launched at €12.99 and 5 weeks later it was already part of a sale (65% off). Later on the regular price has been reduced to €9.99. I assume that at €12.99 it didn't sell.

With a backlog of games waiting on a sale or a PS+ addition becomes a very easy thing to do.

autoduelist

I agree, a similar thing happened with Crimsonland, launched at €12.99 and 5 weeks later it was already part of a sale (65% off). Later on the regular price has been reduced to €9.99. I assume that at €12.99 it didn't sell.

With a backlog of games waiting on a sale or a PS+ addition becomes a very easy thing to do.

I bought Crimsonland day 1 and absolutely loved it. I never felt 'burnt' by later sales, because I paid what it was worth to me, and I want more people to get their hands on it because it's an exquisite dual stick shooter.

Many of us buy faster than we can play. If we're going to do that, there's no doubt some amount of games will go on deeper sale before we get to them. On the other hand, we'll also get many things cheaper than most since we're paying attention... I got most of the Atlus and Sting rpgs for like $2.50 during that one sale, for example, a price they never matched again.

D4 way better than trails in the sky. Trails is a pretty mediocre game tbh.

All this recent Trails hate is making me question whether I should rebuy it or not, and I've even already played it and have fond memories. I remember liking it and wanting to rebuy, but now I'm like 'well, I obviously didn't finish it back then for a reason'....

Shinriji

All this recent Trails hate is making me question whether I should rebuy it or not, and I've even already played it and have fond memories. I remember liking it and wanting to rebuy, but now I'm like 'well, I obviously didn't finish it back then for a reason'....

Well, I just finished the prologue (5 hours or so). They story looks interesting enough to keep going, but nothing so far justify the gaf hype.

Tizoc

Stupid extra 5 days.
It pushed all my Plus games to top of my vita's dl list and is causing sudden disconnects from server yeesh.

Parakeetman

Well, I just finished the prologue (5 hours or so). They story looks interesting enough to keep going, but nothing so far justify the gaf hype.

You really shouldnt buy into the general hype. Esp when it comes to older titles like that. While watching vids does not help either, it does not hurt to look into the actual product on your own quite a bit first if possible.

The 3 main issues that I believe folks will have with the title is

1. The Graphics which are quite dated.

2. The Combat which takes up a good amount of time.

3. The Story pacing, as the start of the game takes a while to pick up and most people usually seem to lose interest there.

Pretty much everything else with the game though is there to give the player a pretty damned complete gaming experience though and more than worth the cost of entry.

Its just that I think a lot of people these days their general tastes have changed or life scheduling just does not fit with the title. Esp if it is someone new to the series so is not hard set to clear it being a "fan". If that makes sense.

So for those looking into buying or playing the title know that you will be getting into quite a time investment.

incpdo

i agree with all of this

pariah164

I completely agree with you. Been playing TWAU on Vita and it's been amazing.

Stupid extra 5 days.
It pushed all my Plus games to top of my vita's dl list and is causing sudden disconnects from server yeesh.
Yea...I thought something screwy was going on with my account until I remembered Sony gifted us those days, wreaking havoc on our DL lists...

Parakeetman

On the same note of buying into GAF hype am waiting to see how many will start to complain about Brandish.

Besides the price whining that is.

Top Bottom