• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

After a two week ban, I'm back.
PSN Stuff that I did while I was banned:
-Finished Soul Sacrifice
-Finished Rayman Origins
-Died like a bitch and rage-quitted for a while thanks to BoI: Rebirth
-Forgot to buy stuff from the PS store while my PS+ was up, now I can't buy stuff (for now)
Sorry TiTS and Ys ;_;

My Vita seems to have problems connecting to Wi-Fi so I haven't updated my status for a while. I think I have bring this to a repair shop

wilflare

-Finished Soul Sacrifice
-Finished Rayman Origins
-Forgot to buy stuff from the PS store while my PS+ was up, now I can't buy stuff (for now)
Sorry TiTS and Ys ;_;

My Vita seems to have problems connecting to Wi-Fi so I haven't updated my status for a while. I think I have bring this to a repair shop

baekshi is proud. like really proud

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
-Finished Soul Sacrifice
-Finished Rayman Origins
Sorry TiTS and Ys ;_;

I cant even remember what your old avatar was.

autoduelist

On the fence about Big Sky Infinity. On one hand, it's a game I should love. On the other hand, I've tried the demo at least twice, probably 3 times and I just have serious issues telling everything apart in the game. Anyone want to sell me on it (I'd be playing on Vita). For reference, my go to games are stuff like SSD, TxK, Crimsonland, etc (though I like almost every genre).

Staf

Really excited about Grim Fandango, haven't played it in years. Shame i'm away work-related conference the whole week it releases though.

deadfolk

So it's my birthday today, and I got some PSN vouchers. Trying to decide what to get.

Is Driveclub worth picking up while it's on sale if I'm not interested in the social stuff?

Tizoc

So it's my birthday today, and I got some PSN vouchers. Trying to decide what to get.

Is Driveclub worth picking up while it's on sale if I'm not interested in the social stuff?

It doesn't have splitscreen multiplayer but I hear the SP stuff is good and the graphics are great.

wilflare

i'm not into the social stuff and i'm not much of a driver
but it's fun to really just drive around just to view the amazing graphics. controls are good once you are used to them

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
For those that wander around the JPSN and like Advanced Wars went and recorded just simple gameplay footage from that

Daisenryaku Portable 2 (PSP)

game. Just showing very basic stuff of what it looks like from the first level of the free mission. no commentary (as hate vids with talking in it) just regular ol gameplay.

1st half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb2OitGanrs

2nd half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEGb1JdtvsI

kinda crazy that the total film time tops an hour

incpdo

So i finished chapter 1 in danganronpa im officially hooked now. It is a really smart game I don't get what's so bad about the mini games.

I bought it at launch and the social stuff was disabled due to the servers not working - I still played it for days on end without touching anything else.

It's a great single player game if you play it that way.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What's Dangaronpa about? I can't buy it right now but with all the fuzz I think I will either love it or hate it, so I may save for it

Long story short a group of students is forced to kill each others and once one is killed the others(=the main character) have to investigate and then point to the killer in a trial, if you guess right the killer is executed on the other hand everyone except the killer are executed.

The game is a sequence of normal life(where you talk with others, explore etc) -> deadly life(when a murder is commited you have to investigate) -> trial(where you need to point to the killer) and then again.

It's awesome.

deadfolk

Dammit guys, you were supposed to tell me not to bother with Driveclub for sp, and then I would have been deciding between Ayesha and Project Diva 2nd instead!

Now I'm lost.

You had one job...

Seriously, thanks for the input

just got a free movie voucher for a choice out of Anchorman 2, Star Trek: Into Darkness, World War Z, Transformers: Extinction, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Thinking bout TMNT or Transformers. What you guys pick?

ZeroAKA

Dammit guys, you were supposed to tell me not to bother with Driveclub for sp, and then I would have been deciding between Ayesha and Project Diva 2nd instead!

Now I'm lost.

You had one job...

Seriously, thanks for the input
In that case, don't get Driveclub. I'd personally recommend PDF 2nd, but Atelier would also be preferable to Driveclub.

Long story short a group of students is forced to kill each others and once one is killed the others(=the main character) have to investigate and then point to the killer in a trial, if you guess right the killer is executed on the other hand everyone except the killer are executed.

The game is a sequence of normal life(where you talk with others, explore etc) -> deadly life(when a murder is commited you have to investigate) -> trial(where you need to point to the killer) and then again.

It's awesome.

Sounds a lot like Ace Attorney, which is awesome.

I'll give it a try as soon as I can

SerTapTap

The Swapper's remoteplay is perfect. More games should pay this much attention. "switch directions" (rarely needed button) is mapped to lower right front touch, the backtouch is totally disabled, L1/R1 function as they do on PS4, and that's all the controls you need. I really appreciate them removing the backtouch buttons as those are worst-case only.

Didn't think I'd replay it, but I'm really enjoying it (a few months after the first time) and some of the dialog makes a lot more (haunting) sense due to what you discover late in the game.

Gaz_RB

Sounds a lot like Ace Attorney, which is awesome.

I'll give it a try as soon as I can

It's badass. Its the first VN I've ever played, and I am in love. My roommates started watching and now won't even let me play it without them because the story is so damned good.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The Swapper's remoteplay is perfect. More games should pay this much attention. "switch directions" (rarely needed button) is mapped to lower right front touch, the backtouch is totally disabled, L1/R1 function as they do on PS4, and that's all the controls you need. I really appreciate them removing the backtouch buttons as those are worst-case only.

Didn't think I'd replay it, but I'm really enjoying it (a few months after the first time) and some of the dialog makes a lot more (haunting) sense due to what you discover late in the game.
I don't see the point of remote playing a game that's already on Vita. It would be different if it's a game that runs badly on Vita, but that's not the case with Swapper.

SerTapTap

I don't see the point of remote playing a game that's already on Vita. It would be different if it's a game that runs badly on Vita, but that's not the case with Swapper.

Cloudsync is annoying (it's not one of the very few games that do it right, ie automatically), doesn't require space on my Vita, can continue instantly if I want to play in bed and was already playing on TV, don't have to close my Vita game. And very often games will run and or look better over remoteplay as opposed to native, though you're right Swapper is pretty much perfect on Vita.

Citizens of Earth doesn't have a platinum trophy, that's a shame.

As an RPG?! Weird. I think there's extra cert for platinum (IIRC Octodad confirmed they wouldn't have a plat because of extra work) but it seems digital titles can have them just like any other title now.

ZeroX03

Banned
PS4 games have been weirdly inconsistent with Platinum trophies, it's something on Sony's end. They let their own titles like First Light have one but Ground Zeroes couldn't. Oddworld is a third party title that got a Platinum too and it launched at the same price as GZ.

bobohoro

Finished The Swapper today, impressions:

Great atmosphere. Sounddesign is really solid, the visuals are lovely and can really suck you in. It definitely nails the feel of a desolate space station and is possibly the biggest draw of the game.

Gameplay is rather basic. It's functional and the cloning/swapping-mechanic integrates itself well into the world and story, but the puzzles ultimately never evolve all that much and the game alreadys begins to feel stale midway thorugh the 4h-campaign. What it does splendidly is letting the player figure out the small mechanical details by herself through clever little hints in the background and the initial puzzles themselves. Again, the game is rocksolid and build on interesting ideas, but like many indies, just never bothers to go anywhere meaningful with them and The Swapper ends up feeling like a one-trick-pony.

Story is well told and builds on exciting concepts surround cloning ethics and morality of technology. While it doesn't go too deep into the philosophical end, it still manages to have an impact. Only downside is that there is a certain lack of exposition shortly after the beginning all the way up the halfway point where the game might lose many players not too fond of the puzzles.

Overall a really solid game and definitely worth a try if you're subscribed to Plus.

Finished The Swapper today, impressions:

Great atmosphere. Sounddesign is really solid, the visuals are lovely and can really suck you in. It definitely nails the feel of a desolate space station and is possibly the biggest draw of the game.

Gameplay is rather basic. It's functional and the cloning/swapping-mechanic integrates itself well into the world and story, but the puzzles ultimately never evolve all that much and the game alreadys begins to feel stale midway thorugh the 4h-campaign. What it does splendidly is letting the player figure out the small mechanical details by herself through clever little hints in the background and the initial puzzles themselves. Again, the game is rocksolid and build on interesting ideas, but like many indies, just never bothers to go anywhere meaningful with them and The Swapper ends up feeling like a one-trick-pony.

Story is well told and builds on exciting concepts surround cloning ethics and morality of technology. While it doesn't go too deep into the philosophical end, it still manages to have an impact. Only downside is that there is a certain lack of exposition shortly after the beginning all the way up the halfway point where the game might lose many players not too fond of the puzzles.

Overall a really solid game and definitely worth a try if you're subscribed to Plus.

I loved the game, but i agree with pretty much all of this...it would have been nice if they added another mechanic or two at the halfway point or so

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
mJHnJ4P.png

Has it always said this?

Top Bottom