• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

antibolo

Banned
I hate physical Vita games. The cart loading mechanism is so flimsy-looking, I'm always afraid to break it.

Digital is so much more convenient on a portable platform. I've been mostly digital on the PSP*, Vita, and 3DS. I find every physical game to be a hassle because I can only have one at a time inside my console.

* Bought my PSP around the time the PSP Go was out, so most games were available on digital at this point. I only own 6 UMD games.

As much as I love to have a digital library, our currency is dropping slowly and eroding the competitive prices of games during sales. Right now I can buy a used Demon Gaze (still haven't played it) and with Conception 2 for around 20$ in the local markets, while during sales that can only earn me a single game. As someone who is in a tight financial situation, buying local games(R3) sometimes is the best scenario for me to make the most out of every peso I have.

Add to that the ever expensive memory cards + slow internet service from all ISPs, is why I still have a relatively huge collection of physical games.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This might have been answered somewhere but i couldnt find it with a quick glance. I went onto the Sony website and turned off auto renewal for PS Now after the trial. Will that cancel it. I know sometimes Sony and MS are tricky with how they want you to cancel their services so i just wanted to make sure. The service is pretty solid but 20 dollars is steep for that lineup.

Shun

I wish Sony had something similar to Club Nintendo's 18 Game Case. Those are really convenient transporting both your digital and physical library in one go.

Does the Vita have a relatively cheap solution for 8-16? I doubt I'll need more since those 3DS cases are for my DS/3DS library. Do they hold memory cards too cause fuck those 32/64 sizes for us who want digital and homebrew.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Sony had something similar to Club Nintendo's 18 Game Case. Those are really convenient transporting both your digital and physical library in one go.

Does the Vita have a relatively cheap solution for 8-16? I doubt I'll need more since those 3DS cases are for my DS/3DS library. Do they hold memory cards too cause fuck those 32/64 sizes for us who want digital and homebrew.
I use a Hama 30+2 case, they can carry 30 Vita carts and 2 memory cards. Really neat case.
There are some 14+4 cases by Assecure also but I can't say anything about them.

autoduelist

Monoprice to the rescue?
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=114&cp_id=11405&cs_id=1140502&p_id=9261&seq=1&format=2

It holds 8 games, two mem cards. Only $1.80, so you might as well pick up 2.

They sell some other vita stuff too:
http://www.monoprice.com/Search/Index?keyword=vita

I also buy all my cables (from hdmi to whatever obscure thing I need) from monoprice, they rock.

danowat

Banned
A brand new Vita owner here, and I just made my first digital Vita purchases :)

store.jpg

autoduelist

I've officially reached the point where I don't even know what I own for my vita anymore. 64g long full, deleting games I don't want to delete. Haven't even been able to dl a game I've bought in the past few months because there's nothing I want to delete.

Sony, 256g card please. Also, a time dilation machine so I can beat a 60 hour game a night in 15 minutes.

deadfolk

I've officially reached the point where I don't even know what I own for my vita anymore. 64g long full, deleting games I don't want to delete. Haven't even been able to dl a game I've bought in the past few months because there's nothing I want to delete.

Sony, 256g card please. Also, a time dilation machine so I can beat a 60 hour game a night in 15 minutes.

I feel your pain. I don't even bother rearranging my bubbles now.

Tizoc

store.jpg

Hope you like Akiba Strip.
Get the Ys games while you're at it, it is the best Action RPG series you've never played.
Unless you already own them on PSP/Vita ;D

danowat

Banned
Hope you like Akiba Strip.
Get the Ys games while you're at it, it is the best Action RPG series you've never played.
Unless you already own them on PSP/Vita ;D

Just picked a few titles up in the sale, pretty much sight unseen, so they will be a bit of a surprise to play, but I like most things!.

I also picked up Toukiden, Persona 4 and Dragons Crown on retail, as they were very cheap.

Hopefully that lot will keep me amused for a while, I've spent far too much money on Sony kit in the last couple of months!!

Tizoc

Just picked a few titles up in the sale, pretty much sight unseen, so they will be a bit of a surprise to play, but I like most things!.

I also picked up Toukiden, Persona 4 and Dragons Crown on retail, as they were very cheap.

Hopefully that lot will keep me amused for a while, I've spent far too much money on Sony kit in the last couple of months!!

You got a good list, but you should finish it up with Ys; there's a reason we got 2 LTTP threads in the past 2 days for this series ;D

Regardless hope you enjoy your time with the Vita, and get a 64 GB if you haven't already.

Cha

store.jpg

I deem thee worthy of gif.
iVClhDVGYTMKO.gif

BTW Vitapeeps, I managed to squeeze just over 7hours of gameplay from a full charge while playing Danganronpa2 this weekend (low brightness, headphones on, flight mode). Bam!

Maid

Banned
BTW Vitapeeps, I managed to squeeze just over 7hours of gameplay from a full charge while playing Danganronpa2 this weekend (low brightness, headphones on, flight mode). Bam!

Turning off wifi noticeably improves my Vita's battery, too.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I've got 6 dollars left on my account. Any game tips for PS4 ?

antibolo

Banned
As much as I love to have a digital library, our currency is dropping slowly and eroding the competitive prices of games during sales. Right now I can buy a used Demon Gaze (still haven't played it) and with Conception 2 for around 20$ in the local markets, while during sales that can only earn me a single game. As someone who is in a tight financial situation, buying local games(R3) sometimes is the best scenario for me to make the most out of every peso I have.

Add to that the ever expensive memory cards + slow internet service from all ISPs, is why I still have a relatively huge collection of physical games.

Yeah, I realize that depending on your country the retail vs. physical price discrepancies can be pretty harsh.

Here in Canada it's actually the opposite, digital is generally cheaper because Sony strangely doesn't charge sales tax on PSN. It's really weird, it's been this way ever since they came back online from the 2011 hack! Hopefully they'll never notice!

SerTapTap

I hate physical Vita games. The cart loading mechanism is so flimsy-looking, I'm always afraid to break it.

Digital is so much more convenient on a portable platform. I've been mostly digital on the PSP*, Vita, and 3DS. I find every physical game to be a hassle because I can only have one at a time inside my console.

* Bought my PSP around the time the PSP Go was out, so most games were available on digital at this point. I only own 6 UMD games.

I'm in the same boat but I have a nice bookcase set up and I can't resist stuffing it. And I gotta get them limited editions. The PS TV's cart loader is the worst, even the PSP was less annoying to stick things into, not sure why they made it so weird. I'm increasingly tempted to cut the cover off the PS TV since it's dirt cheap and not my only Vita anyway.

Man, the crowd in this community is really odd to me. Why even deal with retail?

I guess we all have our fetishes.

I just can't keep my hands off those large, curvy
game cases

JNA

Banned
Today was the first time I tried remote play PS4 on my Vita and holy crap this is freaking amazing!

Seriously why is this shit not advertised more?! Playing Dragon Age Inquisition on this thing is a blast! I can't believe how a feature like this is so under appreciated. I mean yeah it's not quite perfected yet and playing online games with it is not the best idea but I've been having a lot of fun with it.

SerTapTap

Today was the first time I tried remote play PS4 on my Vita and holy crap this is freaking amazing!

Seriously why is this shit not advertised more?! Playing Dragon Age Inquisition on this thing is a blast! I can't believe how a feature like this is so under appreciated. I mean yeah it's not quite perfected yet and playing online games with it is not the best idea but I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Yeah, it's pretty much completely amazing, though devs need to try harder to get controls right sometimes. Should totally be advertised more. Can't wait for there to be some JRPGs to remoteplay. It's pretty much made the TV in my bedroom useless

Chuy

But Zombie is popular there.
But only the cool ones not ones that have no games.

This might have been answered somewhere but i couldnt find it with a quick glance. I went onto the Sony website and turned off auto renewal for PS Now after the trial. Will that cancel it. I know sometimes Sony and MS are tricky with how they want you to cancel their services so i just wanted to make sure. The service is pretty solid but 20 dollars is steep for that lineup.
Nope you'll be fine

LBP Vita is such a gem of a game. Great use of the touch screens, great level design and some really entertaining mini-games.
Seconding this. Everybody that doesn't have it already should definitely get it now since it's on sale

Just as promised, we have our very first official episode of Vita means up, this week we talk about what we are looking forward to in 2015! You can check it out here:

https://vitameans.wordpress.com/

We improved on a lot of the issues that you told us about as well as some minor tweaks of our own that were needed in order to make the whole thing a lot smoother.

Still trying to figure out how to put us up on iTunes (if you are good with that stuff feel free to PM me, or email us at vitameanspodcast@gmail.com), so for now we will be posting these on Soundcloud, where you can both listen or download.

Lastly, feel free to give us more feedback, we are aware that there are still some kinks to be ironed out, but this first episode is, in our opinion, a step towards the right direction.

mauaus

Just as promised, we have our very first official episode of Vita means up, this week we talk about what we are looking forward to in 2015! You can check it out here:

We improved on a lot of the issues that you told us about as well as some minor tweaks of our own that were needed in order to make the whole thing a lot smoother.

Still trying to figure out how to put us up on iTunes (if you are good with that stuff feel free to PM me, or email us at vitameanspodcast@gmail.com), so for now we will be posting these on Soundcloud, where you can both listen or download.

Lastly, feel free to give us more feedback, we are aware that there are still some kinks to be ironed out, but this first episode is, in our opinion, a step towards the right direction.
Listening, sounds good!

jvm

Gamasutra.
I'm replaying CounterSpy again on PSV. Such a fun game. I just wish they'd spent a bit more time putting in more amusing fact cards and a more diverse set of secret files to find. After you've found the same modestly humorous file a dozen times, it really has lost every drop of charm. The mechanics are pretty solid most of the time, however. I'm about the unlock the final weapon.

SerTapTap

I'm replaying CounterSpy again on PSV. Such a fun game. I just wish they'd spent a bit more time putting in more amusing fact cards and a more diverse set of secret files to find. After you've found the same modestly humorous file a dozen times, it really has lost every drop of charm. The mechanics are pretty solid most of the time, however. I'm about the unlock the final weapon.

Yeah, the secrets got a bit tired. Though I kind of like all the messages referring to Johnny. Game's a bit too frustrating for me on higher difficulties, I just beat it once on normal or whatever.

My biggest problem is some of the levels don't seem possible to 100% stealth, as you'll walk in a door and oh hi there's a guard right there, and a couple levels where there's literally 5+ people in another room down the Z axis and no reasonable opening to start picking people off. The levels are still possible to beat, but that's frustrating for a stealth game. Great idea in general, mostly well executed but the flaws do show.

Did they ever fix the Vita performance? I couldn't play it after playing the PS4 version.

I didn't even know it was your first episode guys, thought you'd started a couple weeks ago.

I enjoyed it. It was nice to ear what was your most anticipated games even though there was a distanct lack of Oreshika 2.
i will definitely listen to you guys next week.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Did you try searching the webstore?

Webstore says it's on all 3 platforms, but I find it really weird that it can't be found with the Vita store itself and fear that maybe the Vita version was pulled or something. I don't wanna buy it then try and download it from my download list only for it to not let me.

Shizuka

Webstore says it's on all 3 platforms, but I find it really weird that it can't be found with the Vita store itself and fear that maybe the Vita version was pulled or something. I don't wanna buy it then try and download it from my download list only for it to not let me.

Games disappear from the Vita storefront from time to time, specially PSP games. Let the developer know that it's missing, so that they can contact Sony about it.

SerTapTap

Games disappear from the Vita storefront from time to time, specially PSP games. Let the developer know that it's missing, so that they can contact Sony about it.

You can contact @AeornFlippout on twitter if you're sure it's missing. I'd do it but I don't have my Vita to confirm it's for reals missing in my region or what

jvm

Gamasutra.
My biggest problem is some of the levels don't seem possible to 100% stealth, as you'll walk in a door and oh hi there's a guard right there, and a couple levels where there's literally 5+ people in another room down the Z axis and no reasonable opening to start picking people off. The levels are still possible to beat, but that's frustrating for a stealth game. Great idea in general, mostly well executed but the flaws do show.

Did they ever fix the Vita performance? I couldn't play it after playing the PS4 version.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the ... lack of perfect stealth.

I think if they'd not put the perfect stealth trophy in the game, it wouldn't be so insulting to run face-to-face into an enemy as you enter a room.

The levels still take ages to load but I don't really notice the slowdown. The folks on PS Trophies say that there are fewer enemies on the PSV version so I'm sure it was cut down to run better. Incidentally this makes it harder to get the 5-kills-with-one-explosion trophy. The whole game suffers from avoidable flaws.

Top Bottom