• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Takao

Banned
mJHnJ4P.png

Has it always said this?

It means you can download it to a PS3 and then transfer it to Vita. The download list has every PSP and PS Vita title as "Playable on PS3" as a result of that.

SerTapTap

PS4 games have been weirdly inconsistent with Platinum trophies, it's something on Sony's end. They let their own titles like First Light have one but Ground Zeroes couldn't. Oddworld is a third party title that got a Platinum too and it launched at the same price as GZ.

I'm pretty sure it's the cert thing. Indie digital titles have had them too like Lone Survivor, Binding of Isaac (though BOI has Sony funding I think, unsure about Lone Survivor). It's possible games Sony funded/worked with are either allowed/required to have a platinum or they help out with that in some way.

GZ must be on Konami's end, it's even a retail release. IMO GZ definitely deserved a platinum, it took me as long to 100% as resogun or First Light, maybe longer, and it could definitely add more trophies for all the extras

jvm

Gamasutra.
Just dropping this here for you guys.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/18/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-1202015/

Best of Arcade Games - PS3, PS Vita — Digital
Citizens of Earth - PS4, PS Vita — Digital
Ironclad Tactics - PS4 — Digital
Motorcycle Club - PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail
Resident Evil - PS4, PS3 — Digital
maybe interested...hmmm
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected - PS4 — Digital, Retail
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - PS4, PS3 — Digital (PS3 Version at Retail)
Splice - PS4, PS3 — Digital (Cross Buy)

autoduelist

Really excited about Grim Fandango, haven't played it in years. Shame i'm away work-related conference the whole week it releases though.

Conferences are perfect for gaming. You've got travel time, hotel room time, no day to day worries (fixing up your house, etc).

As an RPG?! Weird. I think there's extra cert for platinum (IIRC Octodad confirmed they wouldn't have a plat because of extra work) but it seems digital titles can have them just like any other title now.

Yeah. It's a shame, but I really do have a harder time spending money on games without a plat. Looking at a long list of bronze, a couple silvers, and a gold just doesn't push me... it's harder to justify sinking a lot of time into it, and therefore I know I won't get as much gametime per $ spent. Stupid really, but it is what it is.

Conversely, I have no problem buying PSP/PS1 games on sale even without trophies, because that frees me from the cycle entirely.

Thankfully I don't care about steam achievements at all, so I can still game there in absolute peace, just putting hours into whatever I enjoy without setting off gaming ocd.

JJP12

I'm pretty sure it's the cert thing. Indie digital titles have had them too like Lone Survivor, Binding of Isaac (though BOI has Sony funding I think, unsure about Lone Survivor). It's possible games Sony funded/worked with are either allowed/required to have a platinum or they help out with that in some way.

GZ must be on Konami's end, it's even a retail release. IMO GZ definitely deserved a platinum, it took me as long to 100% as resogun or First Light, maybe longer, and it could definitely add more trophies for all the extras
Yeah it always confused me as to why some games get platinums while others don't. I remember Kojima saying over twitter that GZ was refused a platinum trophy because it wasn't a full priced game.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/why-metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes-has-no-platinum-trophy
But more recently, Tom Happ, the axiom verge dev, posted this in the playstation blog:
Right now it’s at 31 trophies; but that can increase if I think of more. There will very likely be a platinum trophy, but I’m still in the “application” phase (Platinum Trophies are considered almost special badge that developers actually have to apply for – not just any game can include them).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/30/happy-holidays-from-axiom-verge/
I guess Sony has different requirements for a platinum trophy depending on whether a game has a retail release or is only available digitally.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/18/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-1202015/

maybe interested...hmmm

Ironclad Tactics looks awesome. Too bad no Vita and I am stuck on the road.

Might try Citizens of Earth. The settings looks interesting enough.

maybe interested...hmmm

Nothing for me here, thank god I can save money :p

antibolo

Banned
I remember turning down the Citizens of Earth kickstarter because the PS stretch goal was too far.

But then they didn't get funded, and then Atlus picked it up for publishing, and it's now releasing simultaneously on pretty much everything.

So I guess the morale of that story is it's better to let kickstarters fail.

Christian

So is Grim Fandango digital only or what? I thought Tim Schafer said they wanted to do a physical copy, but I didn't hear anything beyond that.

Who is making the Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart OT now?

So is Grim Fandango digital only or what? I thought Tim Schafer said they wanted to do a physical copy, but I didn't hear anything beyond that.

Digital Only. If it does well Double Fine will consider a retail version

I wonder how Suikoden 2 was selling after it finally got on PSN (not that it's a front loaded expectation or anything), and also Suikoden 1 since it finally became available for Vita by normal download means.

I'm curious to know if the likely meager profits were enough for Konami to not think it was a waste of time, and if it could serve as an example for other publishers like Capcom with Breath of Fire III and Square with etc etc etc you know the drill.

I wonder how Suikoden 2 was selling after it finally got on PSN (not that it's a front loaded expectation or anything), and also Suikoden 1 since it finally became available for Vita by normal download means.

I'm curious to know if the likely meager profits were enough for Konami to not think it was a waste of time, and if it could serve as an example for other publishers like Capcom with Breath of Fire III and Square with etc etc etc you know the drill.

Suikoden 2 & 1 Took 1st & 2nd place in the PSN December charts under classic games

ZeroAKA

Finished Korra for PS4. I'm not sure why the game got such low review scores. For a $15 game based on an animated TV series, it was much better than I expected. Platinum did a great job with what they had.

Shizuka

Finished Korra for PS4. I'm not sure why the game got such low review scores. For a $15 game based on an animated TV series, it was much better than I expected. Platinum did a great job with what they had.

One of the first games I'll buy when I get a PS4, along with Valiant Hearts and Type-0 HD.

Suikoden 2 & 1 Took 1st & 2nd place in the PSN December charts under classic games

Not sure what that amounts to, but still pretty sweet.

Also, what's the Gaf opinion of New'n'tasty?

I'm an OG fan of Abe's Oddysee and Exoddus (the latter was one of my favorite games for over a decade), and it's great, but I'm torn on it. The game is beautiful and the real-tme everything is great, it's still very enjoyable but the controls are so slippery and tenacious imo that it's hard for me to celebrate it as a remake like I want to. ie: as we do Zero Mission and RE:Make. The strictly digital grid spacing in the original was much more precise.

Still, I enjoy it and it's a huge step forward in most other categories. Just comparison thoughts from a fan.

deadfolk

Not sure what that amounts to, but still pretty sweet.

I'm an OG fan of Abe's Oddysee and Exoddus (the latter was one of my favorite games for over a decade), and it's great, but I'm torn on it. The game is beautiful and the real-tme everything is great, it's still very enjoyable but the controls are so slippery and tenacious imo that it's hard for me to celebrate it as a remake like I want to. ie: as we do Zero Mission and RE:Make. The strictly digital grid spacing in the original was much more precise.

Still, I enjoy it and it's a huge step forward in most other categories. Just comparison thoughts from a fan.

Thanks. Interesting to hear the thoughts of someone else who was a fan of the originals. I never got very far back in the day, but I've always had a soft spot for them and have intended to go back for a long time. Everything else I've read about the remake has been positively gushing, so it's good to get a more balanced take on it.

incpdo

im interested in buying my first Neptunia or Atelier game for Vita. never played any of them before. Ilike jrpgs and one of my favorites is Persona 4 golden.

What game should i buy?

there is no physical release on the atelier series on
but the games seems more solid than neptunia
idk

Gaf Help me!

Maid

Banned
If this is your first Atelier game, then buy Ayesha plus. It's the first game of Dusk triology, with improved system compare to previous games, so it's quite easy to jump into.

For Neptunia, just buy Neptunia Rebirth 1, you can't go wrong with that.

How can you kill something that's already dead?
In the West at least

But Zombie is popular there.

antibolo

Banned
Vita app compatibility on the PSTV is such a fucking mess that I don't really blame them for not advertising it as a actual feature.

RK128

RIP Vita.

Considering how Vita compatibility for the thing is all messed up (even though it shouldn't be :l).....it makes since that Sony is removing the 'Vita games' part of the PS TV for the west :l.

It is easy to say that the thing can remote-play with PS4 and use PS Now then state what physical games work on the thing :D......gotta love Soony :l.

RK128

im interested in buying my first Neptunia or Atelier game for Vita. never played any of them before. Ilike jrpgs and one of my favorites is Persona 4 golden.

What game should i buy?

there is no physical release on the atelier series on
but the games seems more solid than neptunia
idk

Gaf Help me!

Did you ever play Persona 3 before? If not, maybe picking up Persona 3 Portable should be a good idea :D. Wonderful game that takes the mechanics from Persona 4 while also making smart fixes in huge areas (can now control party members, no more 'tire' system) making it one of the best versions of Persona 3 you can get :). You can also play as a Female Main Character, opening up new Social Links and dialog options.

For only 8 bucks on PSN now (will end when the store updates on Tuseday), you can get a fun RPG :).

RK128

Jeanne d'Arc is very similar to Fire Emblem Awakening, if you've played that game. That's always a plus for me.

Now that sounds great :D. I only played the demo of it on my 2DS (got tons of demos when I first got it last fall) and I really liked how it played, so if Jeanne d'Arc is as fun as that....It should be a awesome game :).

Once my RPG backlog (got so many PSP/PS1 RPG's to beat on my Vita XD; at least 6 on my Vita that I barely started yet....) dies down, I will check that out.

Thank you Shizuka for suggesting the game :).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jeanne D'arc is fairly pedestrian.

Tactics Ogre is one of the greatest games ever, though I do have some issues with this version. But most of that is how they made it easier for people to get into. It's still the far better PSP game.

Shizuka

Now that sounds great :D. I only played the demo of it on my 2DS (got tons of demos when I first got it last fall) and I really liked how it played, so if Jeanne d'Arc is as fun as that....It should be a awesome game :).

Once my RPG backlog (got so many PSP/PS1 RPG's to beat on my Vita XD; at least 6 on my Vita that I barely started yet....) dies down, I will check that out.

Thank you Shizuka for suggesting the game :).

You're welcome, I hope you like the game when you're able to get it.

Tizoc

Man, the crowd in this community is really odd to me. Why even deal with retail?

I guess we all have our fetishes.

wut.
I don't have much space on my 64 GB, and as much as I want to play GF on my Vita, I can't spare space for it+any other game I still want on my glorious OLED.

Maybe I should get a 2nd Vita; one vita for PSP+PSX games and the other for Vita-only games, but then I might got crazy and get ANOTHER Vita for JP PSN games :V

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also I'm about that digital life but when you can find retail PS Vita games you can sometimes get them at shockingly low prices.

Top Bottom