• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

SerTapTap

How I learned to stop worrying and love the ... lack of perfect stealth.

I think if they'd not put the perfect stealth trophy in the game, it wouldn't be so insulting to run face-to-face into an enemy as you enter a room.

The levels still take ages to load but I don't really notice the slowdown. The folks on PS Trophies say that there are fewer enemies on the PSV version so I'm sure it was cut down to run better. Incidentally this makes it harder to get the 5-kills-with-one-explosion trophy. The whole game suffers from avoidable flaws.

I mean, it's a stealth game. Trophy or no I generally assume a no-sighting to be a possible, ideal outcome. It's still fun and levels work regardless, but very frustrating to try and play "right". Monaco is about the only stealth game where I dont' have that urge to hit a quickload button when I get sighted, because that's when things get interesting and you have to coordinate with your pals.

Of course I'm top of the page when I go for the no-quote reply

Listening, sounds good!

Thanks! The new equipment delivered this time around aha.

I didn't even know it was your first episode guys, thought you'd started a couple weeks ago.

I enjoyed it. It was nice to ear what was your most anticipated games even though there was a distanct lack of Oreshika 2.
i will definitely listen to you guys next week.

Yeah that was Episode 0, today was our official Episode 1, what you heard last week was pretty much a beta for what you got today :p

And you are right, I totally forgot about that game. Goes to show how well of a job Sony is doing about keeping us hyped for it /:

Christian

I never thought this day would come. I have less than 2 GB space left on my 32 GB card. I try to buy everything physical, so I thought the 32 gigs would last a long time. But alas, looks like it's time to upgrade. Who has the best deal on a 64 GB memory card, VitaGAF?

Chuy

SCEA doesn't care about SCEJ Vita games.
They don't care about vita in general. I didn't know killzone mercenary existed until nearly a year after it's release and if they advertised it i would've gladly payed $40 instead of the $10 used at the pawn shop.

Never played Lumines. Should I buy it?
Yes. Don't own it either but i hear it's great.

I never thought this day would come. I have less than 2 GB space left on my 32 GB card. I try to buy everything physical, so I thought the 32 gigs would last a long time. But alas, looks like it's time to upgrade. Who has the best deal on a 64 GB memory card, VitaGAF?
It's $82 at superufo which is pretty good

Omlagus

I actually had a ton of fun with CounterSpy. Only played it on my Vita, but I went through the whole thing twice and then started the last difficulty, although I didn't get finished with that as I moved onto something else.

Great art style on that one. I'd love to see a sequel myself.

ZeroAKA

They don't care about vita in general. I didn't know killzone mercenary existed until nearly a year after it's release and if they advertised it i would've gladly payed $40 instead of the $10 used at the pawn shop.
They particularly have something against SCEJ-published games. Anyone who kept track of SSD and Freedom Wars would remember how frustrating it was to get information about those games leading up to its western release.

autoduelist

Never played Lumines. Should I buy it?

Holy hell yeah. Great music, great challenge, great, original take on block matching/tetris combo. Really, really good.

After seeing threads about it being discontinued I made sure I bought one for back up. This is the one I bought and it does the job:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007KO3C2C/

I'm not convinced it's discontinued. The Sony Store (used as the source) often lists stuff that is 'out of stock' as discontinued. For example, $20 psn cards are currently listed as discontinued, and obviously aren't. I mean, sure, it's possible, I'm just not convinced.

Thankfully, I currently own 2 already... one I had to brace with chopsticks to prevent it dying (loose wires at one end), the other like new.

There's always monoprice.

RK128

Well that was a wrap, and the audio quality is much better this time around. To those who emailed Vita means, we got you on the show ;)

Listened to the episode and it was great :D! It was cool of you to say my email on the show (Axiom Verge is something I'm really looking forward to). Sorry that you aren't that excited about Lost Song; I'm sure the new developers will do a great job mixing new elements with the great parts of Hallow Fragment :).

mauaus

Just picked up my BoF IV save on vita since i last played it about a year ago or more... Man this game holds up beautifully, the animations (L)

Just picked up my BoF IV save on vita since i last played it about a year ago or more... Man this game holds up beautifully, the animations (L)

Absolutely. The music as well. Beautiful game, the only critcism I have is that the camera controls are bad in general and made only worse on the Vita. Otherwise the game is fantastic.

Shizuka

In case any of you missed it on the last page, here's our first official episode. I hope you guys enjoy listening, it's been a blast again to record it with names and Fish, working out the kinks.

Just as promised, we have our very first official episode of Vita means up, this week we talk about what we are looking forward to in 2015! You can check it out here:

https://vitameans.wordpress.com/

We improved on a lot of the issues that you told us about as well as some minor tweaks of our own that were needed in order to make the whole thing a lot smoother.

Still trying to figure out how to put us up on iTunes (if you are good with that stuff feel free to PM me, or email us at vitameanspodcast@gmail.com), so for now we will be posting these on Soundcloud, where you can both listen or download.

Lastly, feel free to give us more feedback, we are aware that there are still some kinks to be ironed out, but this first episode is, in our opinion, a step towards the right direction.

Hi Vita GAF.

I've just got a Vita, which is charging currently, and I've been looking at some games to get for it. I'm tempted by the MGS HD collection, but there are two versions of it on the UK PSN store, each game individually for £11.99, or the collection for £24.99. Buying them individually is like a pound cheaper, but will I be missing out on anything by not getting the bundle?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to using it, and the analogue sticks are adorable. The d-pad seems pretty damn great, too.

Games wise I have:

Uncharted
Tearaway
Gravity Rush
TkX
Escape Plan

And I already have these as cross buy:

PSASBR
Ratchet QForce
Motorstorm RC
Spelunky
SuperFrog
Alien Breed
Hotline Miami
Stick it to the Man
Thomas Was Alone
Sly Thieves in Time

I'm also definitely going to pick up that Danganronpa while it's still on sale.

maxcriden

Since this is the general PS thread, I thought I might consult you guys.

I'm thinking of divesting my PS2 (OG with backwards compatibility). I'd like to do this as a lot.

Games, mostly disc-only, include:

Klonoa 2
Katamari Damacy
We Love Katamari
Ico
Tak 2
Several Spyro games for PSX + PS2
Viewtiful Joe + VJ2
Mojo
Finny the Fish
Sphinx
Mad Maestro
Haven
Tak 2
Raw Danger
Rayman PSX

Is this a lot people are going to have much interest in? Just not sure if I really care about keeping this stuff. What kind of price should I be offering for the whole thing? Thanks for your time!

Tizoc

Since this is the general PS thread, I thought I might consult you guys.

I'm thinking of divesting my PS2 (OG with backwards compatibility). I'd like to do this as a lot.

Games, mostly disc-only, include:

Klonoa 2
Katamari Damacy
We Love Katamari
Ico
Tak 2
Several Spyro games for PSX + PS2
Viewtiful Joe + VJ2
Mojo
Finny the Fish
Sphinx
Mad Maestro
Haven
Tak 2
Raw Danger
Rayman PSX

Is this a lot people are going to have much interest in? Just not sure if I really care about keeping this stuff. What kind of price should I be offering for the whole thing? Thanks for your time!

If you're selling, for whatever reason I would love to take Klonoa 2 and Sphinx =X

Hi Vita GAF.

I've just got a Vita, which is charging currently, and I've been looking at some games to get for it. I'm tempted by the MGS HD collection, but there are two versions of it on the UK PSN store, each game individually for £11.99, or the collection for £24.99. Buying them individually is like a pound cheaper, but will I be missing out on anything by not getting the bundle?

As far as I know you won't miss anything, I even recommend to buy each game individually to better manage your storage.

Shizuka

AVic0r4.jpg

q0oH93y.jpg

4MowGbR.jpg

Vita has no games.

Listened to the episode and it was great :D! It was cool of you to say my email on the show (Axiom Verge is something I'm really looking forward to). Sorry that you aren't that excited about Lost Song; I'm sure the new developers will do a great job mixing new elements with the great parts of Hallow Fragment :).

New equipment is way easier on the ears, great improvement. Good episode guys.

Just one little thing: cut down on the interruptions a bit. The frequent yeahs, mhms and I see are a bit distracting.

Great listen. Thanks!

Thanks a lot guys, we appreciate it! What would you llike to hear us talk about for next week?

Vita has no games.

Damn that's one nice collection you got there Shiz

Shizuka

Damn that's one nice collection you got there Shiz

Thanks!

Owning 3 copies of Shinovi Versus isn't exactly helping your cause

Edit: 2? Is that the cooking game at the top left? Also, what's the game below that? :lol

Only two copies, the other is the cooking/rhythm game. Japanese games are from my brother, but since he doesn't have a lot, I decided to include with my games. The one below that is Photokano Kiss.

DR2K

Banned
Tales of Hearts is surprisingly charming. A few hours in and I like it a lot so far. I got it and One Piece at GameStop since they had them both on sale and were the only ones that carried those games.

if only there's a way to play my PS3 digital games on the PS4 :/

If only Sony wasn't trying to milk PS Now as hard as they possibly could and were a little more competent with the clutter of download history and honoring ownership, our PSN's would allocate permanent "rental" status to anything we own on PS3.

wilflare

If only Sony wasn't trying to milk PS Now as hard as they possibly could and were a little more competent with the clutter of download history and honoring ownership, our PSN's would allocate permanent "rental" status to anything we own on PS3.

PS Now wouldn't work for me anyway T_T
no servers in Asia yet

jvm

Gamasutra.
Just picked up two more Counterspy trophies. Just have to complete on all difficulties and get the 5-guys-with-one-explosion and I'm done. Trophy guides say I should use PS4 or PS3 for that last one. :-/

I forgot to press continue when I died in counterspy and I had to start the game over again from the beginning.

I should really get back to it

Top Bottom