• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Maid

Banned
They particularly have something against SCEJ-published games. Anyone who kept track of SSD and Freedom Wars would remember how frustrating it was to get information about those games leading up to its western release.

And no one knows what's the status of Oreshika 2.

oldmario

i should be geting a 64gb this week, i know PC is the way to go for transferring but what's quicker to do copying the games "manually" (selecting all the games and copying them over through PS1,PSP and Vita) or backing the entire thing up? i can't remember what i did when i got my first got my 32gb memory card

inb4 someone posts the gif that bugs the hell out of me

Shizuka

3YYaYjc.gif

autoduelist

No platinum trophy in Lumines. I'd skip it.

I wish trophies/achievements never happened.

What is your opinion of the game? Last racinggame i llayed was wipeout on vita.

Table Top Racing is bland. There's nothing specifically wrong with it, it accomplishes what it sets out to be... a kart style cute racer with powerups. It just doesn't have anything which sets it apart either. I did all the races, I earned all the stars [see first response], but it felt like a chore almost the whole time, even though I could never put my finger on what was 'bad' about the game.

i should be geting a 64gb this week, i know PC is the way to go for transferring but what's quicker to do copying the games "manually" (selecting all the games and copying them over through PS1,PSP and Vita) or backing the entire thing up? i can't remember what i did when i got my first got my 32gb memory card

It could be placebo, but from my experience individual games is quicker... do it wired too, to be as fast as possible, not eat up any bandwidth, or to be possibly disconnect after waiting a long time. Doing games individually also lets you portion things out, so that you're not doing every game at once, or every category of game at once, meaning you can at some point use your Vita again if you feel like waiting til tomorrow to do the rest or something.

Also, dim the brightness on your Vita all the way down before you start... makes the battery last (full usually lasts either way, but still), and is easier on the screen if it's going to be on with a 99% static screen for a lengthy amount of time. Can't power semi-off into sleep mode during it or it will interrupt the connection. Wifi off too, since you're going to be using the USB anyway.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have finished Neptunia Rebirth, does ng+ add anything? I missed some illustrations, are some missable or ng+ is required? At the end i received the "normal ending" illustration, there are other endings?

Maid

Banned
I have finished Neptunia Rebirth, does ng+ add anything? I missed some illustrations, are some missable or ng+ is required? At the end i received the "normal ending" illustration, there are other endings?

There is a true ending, where you keep all 4 goddess share above %20 at least, and empty the "Other" share if I remember correctly. Also, you can unlock the hidden(?) characters by fulfilling the requirements, and I doubt you did get them in your 1st playthrough.

autoduelist

I wish we could play PS2 Classics on the Vita and own it without resorting to PS Now...

In alternate reality:

Vita Revision --

1. Slightly larger, more like a DS4 with dual triggers, clickable analogs. Not meant to fit in pocket, designed for remote play usage.

2. Improved innards; still compatible with all existing vita games, but powerful enough to run ps2 classics as well. Probably shouldn't bother with its own games; splitting the vita user base would likely be a mistake, so keep any new games compatible with both.

3. Improved remote play. (Remote play is already fantastic, but I figure it's been a couple years so I'm sure they could make improvements)

4. HDMI out.

5. Syncs with DS3/4 just because.

6. Since I'm in fantasy land, launches with a 256g mem card.

ok, back to earth, time for bed.

As far as I know you won't miss anything, I even recommend to buy each game individually to better manage your storage.

Alright, thanks. I'll get them individually then, because I only have the 8gb at the moment.

Also, is there anything I can do about a dead pixel, like can I fix it or will I be able to ask for a replacement? I didn't notice it until I went to turn the system off for the first time, when the screen goes black then grey, but there's a red pixel (possibly two side by side) in the center of the screen, and it's pretty damn annoying. I then tried SotN, and it was like Alucard was trying to catch the goddamn Golden Snitch with this red pixel that was stuck on the screen as the screen scrolled. I'm sure I could live with it, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't annoying.

On a positive note, holy hell does Crash 2 look nice on the Vita, and I was impressed at the fact Spelunky left off from my PS3 progress.

maouvin

Booted Toukiden again to see what I still had to do before Kiwami, and found out that my Yoichi Bow isn't +9 yet. Absolutely unnaceptable! Guess my backlog will have to wait a bit more.

I should craft some more bows from various elements, but I'll leave the crafting for the expansion.

Flunkie

Banned
I have $14 left in wallet. Should I get the Ratchet & Clank Collection for Vita at $12 or save that for Minecraft? How ar ethe controls of R&C?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
There is a true ending, where you keep all 4 goddess share above %20 at least, and empty the "Other" share if I remember correctly. Also, you can unlock the hidden(?) characters by fulfilling the requirements, and I doubt you did get them in your 1st playthrough.

I didn't know that! :O
Who are the secret characters?

kafiend

I got my 64gb card today. If you are consolidating several smaller memory cards onto the bigger one then copy the contents to PC individually. I found out that restoring a backup formats the memory card so I had to copy the contents of my smaller cards...again.

Shinriji

20th Playstation Sale - Final Results

- Trails in the Sky (never played, waited for a sale, playing right now)
- P3P (Never beat the game, stuck on the last boss, gonna play with FeMC this time)
- FF4 Complete (never played After Years, lol)

And my PSP backlog grows even larger. Was thinking on Resistance Retribution.

20th Playstation Sale - Final Results

- Trails in the Sky (never played, waited for a sale, playing right now)
- P3P (Never beat the game, stuck on the last boss, gonna play with FeMC this time)
- FF4 Complete (never played After Years, lol)

And my PSP backlog grows even larger. Was thinking on Resistance Retribution.

All great choices. Maybe try playing P3P on easy this time since you were so close to completion.

VLiberty

I have $14 left in wallet. Should I get the Ratchet & Clank Collection for Vita at $12 or save that for Minecraft? How ar ethe controls of R&C?

The control scheme itself is good, but the first game hasn't aged well(no strafing) and has input lag.

R&C 2 works like a charm and 3 should be as well. If only they were native res@60fps ...lawd

Shinriji

All great choices. Maybe try playing P3P on easy this time since you were so close to completion.

"Stuck" was a poor choice of word, lol. Fought the last boss for about 2 or 3 times, and one time I was THIS close and got game over for some bullshit move. Shortly after that I sold my PS2. Truth be told, I didn't like P3 that much.

But normal all the way, since I have direct control of the characters this time.

VLiberty

About Toki Tori 2
cld there still b a PS Vita port?

Two Tribes ‏@TwoTribesGames 14 gen

not likely. Doesn't make much business sense at this point, sorry :(

that's definitely not good to hear.

I wonder if they're judging on concrete facts or are just going by the poor hardware sales. I'm more inclined towards the latter, but still they've developed some games for Wii U (Edge port and Toki Tori 2, which is now getting ported to PS4)

It's a shame though, I've played Toki Tori 1 recently on ipod and it's a pretty good game.

"Stuck" was a poor choice of word, lol. Fought the last boss for about 2 or 3 times, and one time I was THIS close and got game over for some bullshit move. Shortly after that I sold my PS2. Truth be told, I didn't like P3 that much.

But normal all the way, since I have direct control of the characters this time.

Ah makes sense. Yeah, P3P makes the gameplay a lot better. You do lose the cutscenes, but aside from the controllable characters, you also have the FeMC route. It's a give and take I guess.

About Toki Tori 2

Sigh...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
In alternate reality:

Vita Revision --

1. Slightly larger, more like a DS4 with dual triggers, clickable analogs. Not meant to fit in pocket, designed for remote play usage.

2. Improved innards; still compatible with all existing vita games, but powerful enough to run ps2 classics as well. Probably shouldn't bother with its own games; splitting the vita user base would likely be a mistake, so keep any new games compatible with both.

3. Improved remote play. (Remote play is already fantastic, but I figure it's been a couple years so I'm sure they could make improvements)

4. HDMI out.

5. Syncs with DS3/4 just because.

6. Since I'm in fantasy land, launches with a 256g mem card.

ok, back to earth, time for bed.
Imo we can expect a Vita 3k, after all a Vita 3k with cheaper components is better for Sony that is "forced" to produce Vita.

What you dream of is totally impossible imo, especially 2 because Sony clearly wants to ditch retro forever using PSNow.

3 and 5 are possible, 4 is possible but improbable, 6 lol(in EU we don't even have the 64gb one), 1 would be good but i don't think that Sony would care.

The little sisters. Get either Neptune, Blanc or Noire's share up to %30 to obtain their plan, and the pans cost 1024 MB, 50% shares, and an item.

Thanks! Will definitely unlock them!

About Toki Tori 2

I don't think he knows how indies sell on Vita.

VLiberty

They've never released anything for Vita, which is why I think it's more likely that they're scared by hardware sales rather than having actually software figures and facts that show that a Vita version wouldn't make sense financially.

BraXzy

One thing that really bugs me about the PS4 UI is that the library isn't one of the top row icons. I consider the stuff at the top to be the main things you need so it's odd that it is on the recently active list or whatever it is.

It's also kinda hard to find certain things.

Top Bottom