• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Well look what just got rated by ESRB.
197206_42071_front.jpg

fIRSt step towards more PSX From games on PSN?

Awww, that's that horror/adventure game they made that never came out in Europe. I'd happily give it a fair shake if it manages to find its way to PSN.

SerTapTap

Finally dove back into LBP3 with a friend, really do enjoy it now that the bugs are mostly fixed (loading up the game takes ages though, worst loading times on the PS4 that I've seen).Oddsock plays great, wish there were more levels for him in the story. I'm about to unlock swoop. Toggle is funner than expected too, running on water is great.

Thanks! Will definitely unlock them!

I don't think he knows how indies sell on Vita.

Two Tribes is INCREDIBLY down on Toki Tori 2+. I'm amazed they're bothering with a PS4 game at all, the way they talk about it sounds like it was the single thing that destroyed their company and any release would somehow make it worse. But it would make a ton of sense on Vita, so it's a shame. I do recommend the game, but be warned some puzzles are pretty hard, and it's near impossible to find specific walkthroughs due to the lack of area names.

BTW be warned the CPU candidates in Rebirth cost a ton of MB to unlock, I think an NG+ is required to get all 3

3. Improved remote play. (Remote play is already fantastic, but I figure it's been a couple years so I'm sure they could make improvements)

Aside from the buttons, not much to be done. The 720p/30FPS stream is limited at the PS4 side (everrrryyyoneee loves to blame it on the Vita though), 5Ghz might help, but would have far shorter range and still be limited to the same quality

Takao

Banned
Well look what just got rated by ESRB.
197206_42071_front.jpg

fIRSt step towards more PSX From games on PSN?

i guess agetec has finally run out of psone "classics"
wonder if they'll put king's field up
will be the closest vita ever gets to a souls game

SerTapTap

I got a 10% discount code for JP PSN. Is there anything out there, especially PS4, that's worth tracking down a JP PSN card for? I take it the japanese code still doesn't work for PS+? That's all I can really think of that I want to try because of the PS+ PS1 games. I'd rather import physical when possible and I don't know of many digital-only, Japan-only games.

Redhood

I have started physicalizing my digital collection.

First one is Uncharted Golden abyss which is on its way now.
Next is SS: Delta but am unable to find a physical english copy. :/ Playasia is out of stock. Can anyone point me in the right direction please!

SerTapTap

I have started physicalizing my digital collection.

First one is Uncharted Golden abyss which is on its way now.
Next is SS: Delta but am unable to find a physical english copy. :/ Playasia is out of stock. Can anyone point me in the right direction please!

I did this for a couple games I really liked and found cheap, Gravity Rush and Tearaway, already had Uncharted and Wipeout from launch though I only play those on digital. I really wish someone would work out a non-terrible way to give us physical + digital in one package. I'd even pay a slight premium personally.

Redhood

I did this for a couple games I really liked and found cheap, Gravity Rush and Tearaway, already had Uncharted and Wipeout from launch though I only play those on digital. I really wish someone would work out a non-terrible way to give us physical + digital in one package. I'd even pay a slight premium personally.

I actually had quite a number of physical games. I sold them when I got them on plus. Oh how stupid I was.

I will buy Uncharted, Tearaway, Gravity Rush also. As soon as I am done with rare games.

FFX-2 & SS: Delta.

Edit: Requested playasia to track one copy down.

wilflare

I actually had quite a number of physical games. I sold them when I got them on plus. Oh how stupid I was.

I will buy Uncharted, Tearaway, Gravity Rush also. As soon as I am done with rare games.

FFX-2 & SS: Delta.

Edit: Requested playasia to track one copy down.

I can help with FFX-2 and SS: Delta
both are R3 copies (in English)

$35 (SGD) each - shipping to where you are shouldn't be too expensive.

Redhood

I can help with FFX-2 and SS: Delta
both are R3 copies (in English)

$35 (SGD) each - shipping to where you are shouldn't be too expensive.

This is why I love GAF so much. PM sent.

Never again I am buying a digital game that is available physical.

So if willfare pulls through the list will only be

Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Freedom Wars (waiting for Delta version announcement)

Maid

Banned
Only after losing my PS3 did I realize how much I longed for backward compatibility.

On another news, Sengoku Basara 4 is coming to the PS4 as well.

That is rad. Hopefully the US will get it eventually.

I don't know why SCEA is so slow with this. It's like free money from Vita users and they don't want it.

autoduelist

It's a pretty difficult problem. If it's something like a code, people will just sell the code. If you put the 'code' on the disc in a way that you need to activate the code on device while the physical media is in, then people will just buy the physical, install the digital, and sell the physical.

I don't buy movies anymore, but it does seem like they are willing to sell both in one package... but I'm thinking it works because movies sell for less therefore the sell/ship economics don't work out as well as they do for a $40-60 purchase.

Maid

Banned
It's a pretty difficult problem. If it's something like a code, people will just sell the code. If you put the 'code' on the disc in a way that you need to activate the code on device while the physical media is in, then people will just buy the physical, install the digital, and sell the physical.

I don't buy movies anymore, but it does seem like they are willing to sell both in one package... but I'm thinking it works because movies sell for less therefore the sell/ship economics don't work out as well as they do for a $40-60 purchase.

People are less likely to buy used movie since it's kinda cheap in price, so less people are selling old collection.

Used games marking is actually pretty big, and I think no one would want to take a chance against that.

Prelude.

I don't know why SCEA is so slow with this. It's like free money from Vita users and they don't want it.
It's a spoiler theme from a game that's not even out here, it's understandable.
But since we're missing the FW one too it's just Sony being Sony.

SerTapTap

Yeah, I guess the used games market is pretty crazy compared to most things. I'd never sell myself (with extremely few exceptions), but I'm not sure of a reasonable way to prevent that resale I guess. I wouldn't have minded the Xbox One's solution if not for the online check and rendering the disk useless. I don't care if I can't sell the code/game somehow, but I need to be able to use both disk and digital version and at least one of them needs to survive the death of your online service.

It's a spoiler theme from a game that's not even out here, it's understandable.
But since we're missing the FW one too it's just Sony being Sony.

Just throw all the damn things on the store IMO, who cares about spoilers. Anyone buying a Dangan Ronpa theme should know well enough which games they've played and the danger spoilers have in the series. Crazy even with digital distribution we have region exclusive crap. It's pictures. PICTURES. And you can't buy it it you're in the US.

Redhood

Why the hell would you do that, it's a total waste of money.

Just some games I will never get to play as they are digital. If i delete a game off my card it never comes back. I am not buying physical games at full price. Uncharted was bought for 16$. It just some of the games and not all of them. The classics that I will yearn to play again and again but not bothered to copy them back. Sony can temporarily solve my problem by making 128gb card. :/

autoduelist

Yeah, I guess the used games market is pretty crazy compared to most things. I'd never sell myself (with extremely few exceptions), but I'm not sure of a reasonable way to prevent that resale I guess. I wouldn't have minded the Xbox One's solution if not for the online check and rendering the disk useless.

Well, I mean, in essence the bolded -was- their solution to the problem. They tied the physical and digital together so tightly that they were one and the same, which in turn forced draconian DRM and turned the physical into a coaster.

That is to say, you can't remove those two things and still have MS's 'solution', since that really was their solution. The only way to prevent people from reselling the physical once they install the digital is to coasterize the physical, and the only way to prevent people from reselling the digital is to have the physical simply force install the digital and then, once again, coasterize the physical. Coasterizing the physical, in turn, requires constant online checks. Their 'solution' the only real way to prevent the issues I outlined a post ago... it just so happens to also be awful, draconian, and anti-consumer and should never have left the blackboard, let alone been implemented.

I don't care if I can't sell the code/game somehow, but I need to be able to use both disk and digital version and at least one of them needs to survive the death of your online service.

Many people do care -- first sale doctrine is a cornerstone of our consumer rights and copyright law... people (obviously) don't take kindly to corporate attempts to undermine it.

Additionally, as mentioned, the only* way to link the digital and physical would need to include online checks (otherwise the physical could be sold) so it can't survive 'the death of your online service' any more than a purely digital can.

[Technically, you could have some ridiculous chip on the physical that got written to by the first machine you put it in, perhaps with the serial number and account name of the user... but that would be it's own pandora's box of unintended consequences].

Fortunately, I don't fear that Sony's servers will go down. It's a very profitable service, and I'd think that even if Sony had major issues PSN/PS would be sold off and maintained. I can't think of a realistic scenario in which it's straight up shut off in my lifetime. I feel like that would require an economic shift so large that we wouldn't be worried about video game services anymore. The brunt of the costs of setting up the store/psn have long been paid for... so maintaining a barebones server solution to allow sales/downloads [even if Sony was long gone] would likely always be a profitable venture due to the back catalog's value.

Massa

Sony has given us a 10% discount coupon! Chances are we are getting zero sales today.

I think it's the opposite! Being down on the biggest gift unwrapping day of the year probably cost them millions in sales, they need to anything they can to get people to buy on the PS Store to recover at least some.

Redhood

So, this is pretty interesting but since it's coming from 4chan you might have to take it with a grain of salt.

http://abload.de/img/1410247219779ivjpg.jpg
http://abload.de/img/1410248202814w1kx9.jpg
http://abload.de/img/1410248779225ntj8b.jpg

The code for the online pass didn't work on his EU account but since he was able to play online and that he already had the EU digital version I guess that an EU online pass works on that copy. So, if I'm not mistaken, since the online pass should be included in the game in EU and not a stand-alone download, the only way to buy it would be buying the game digitally and use that as an online pass.

Anyone tried this on US PSN with R3 copy. I thought this worked for R1 also. That was the only reason I was interested in buying a physical copy. :/

SerTapTap

Many people do care -- first sale doctrine is a cornerstone of our consumer rights and copyright law... people (obviously) don't take kindly to corporate attempts to undermine it.

Don't mean to restart the whole DRM argument--I just meant I personally don't really care about my ability to resell any particular part of the package after use. I collect and don't get rid of my stuff. But there needs to be an independently functional physical component for the disk part to have meaning, at least to me--that's why collecting modern PC games is basically meaningless to me (and, seemingly, to a lot of collectors).

Takao

Banned
Painfully confused about which year it is, SCEJA has announced three PS Vita "Debut Packs:"

Pre-Installed Content:
- Chain Chronicle V
- Magica Wars Zanbatsu
- Monster Hunter Frontier G (trial included)

+ codes for DLC in the above games and Phantasy Star Online 2, as well as a free theme for God Eater 2: Rage Burst.

Includes 16GB memory card and a 15-day trial subscription to PlayStation Plus. Available February 19th for 19,980 yen.

Japan must really not like 3G Vita 'cause SCEJ has had leftovers for a while.

Redhood

Squenix sale and 2k Sale in NA.

Hmm.

Squenix says save up to 80% off.

Ahh hope its the annual FF sale. Papa needs some FF6

Edit: Games are visible on vita! Prices to be updated.

FFT, TR1, Tr2, FF3, FF6, FF:Origins, Dissidia012, 3rd b'day, tr4, tr3, front mission, army cops of hell, lord of arcana, gex, legend of mana

Tizoc

EDIT: OH SHI, LEGEND OF MANA GOING ON SALE!
Someone should make a thread about the S-E sale and mention in the thread title the name of a non-FF gam that's on sale
oh damn 3rd birthday's on sale too ugh, my 64 GB T.T

Who do I have to Power Dunk to get an SNK sale damnit...
How do
Shock Troopers
SamSho 1
Magican Lord

run on PSP/Vita?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Toki767

Legend of Mana for $3 is a no brainer. Gotta wait until the weekend for that 10% off voucher though.

Laughing hard at Duodecim being $10 on sale for everyone this week when Dissidia was $10 on sale for PS+ last week.

Looking through "All Deals" makes me think there is some sort of Atlus sale as well. Not sure though as Atlus games are always on sale.

Khronico

Definitely gonna get:

Legend of Mana
Front Mission 3
FF Tactics WOTL

But yeah I'll wait for the weekend before buying to get that sweet 10% discount.

SerTapTap

Legend of Mana for $3 is a no brainer. Gotta wait until the weekend for that 10% off voucher though.

Laughing hard at Duodecim being $10 on sale for everyone this week when Dissidia was $10 on sale for PS+ last week.

Legend of Mana is great, played the hell out of it. Will double dip.

So glad I passed on Dissidia, why did they even offer it. Not sure I'll get duodecim anyway, but this is just rude.

Top Bottom