• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

incpdo

I JUST realized yesterday that Vita has a LBP game.

Got it for $20 in store, I'm not complaining.

Thank god for shopper's drug mart, they have better Vita selections than EB games since no one really buy games there and they still have a handful of older games.

Vita's LBP is the best LBP game so far. You can create your own games in it!

Edit: Don't ask just buy Freedom Wars. Soul sacrifice Delta, Resogun, Super StarDust Delta, Gravity Rush, Muramasa Rebirth and play them all!

It's a little better than it was at launch but it still not great. There's still frequent frame drops but afaik they fixed most of the random crashes the game used to experience. Still a good game if you don't mind jumpy frame rates in your games.

I got it on the cheap, I'll be quite honest I bought it more just to check out what they managed to do with the game on the vita than anything. I don't see myself pouring my soul into this game again like I did before :p

Xenoflare

Vita's LBP is the best LBP game so far. You can create your own games in it!

Edit: Don't ask just buy Freedom Wars. Soul sacrifice Delta, Resogun, Super StarDust Delta, Gravity Rush, Muramasa Rebirth and play them all!

I own all of those games with the exception of Resogun, and PS+ Gravity Rush

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
In Disgaea you scale up the story level enemies via passing bills/laws/whatever or via the more convenient Cheat Shop in the newer games. Still a pain in the ass but at least it does the job.

Thats if you go out of your way to mess with the pre-set levels of the enemies though.

What Im saying is that the base game of disgaea itself is not that hard either when you know how to use the system to the fullest to lv up characters quick and just blast through the story mode.

Chuy

I JUST realized yesterday that Vita has a LBP game.

Got it for $20 in store, I'm not complaining.

Thank god for shopper's drug mart, they have better Vita selections than EB games since no one really buy games there and they still have a handful of older games.
I didn't even think there was one for the vita. Definitely going to pick that one if i can find it cheap. Thanks for that :D

It's a little better than it was at launch but it still not great. There's still frequent frame drops but afaik they fixed most of the random crashes the game used to experience. Still a good game if you don't mind jumpy frame rates in your games.
That's actually pretty good to hear as i might pick up the slim bundle when i buy a vita again and was kinda afraid i was just going to end up with a crappy game. Might actually give it a shot if i do go for the slim version

BraXzy

My current thoughts on A Crack in Time essentially boils down to:

A few hours in:
This is kinda cool, decent spots of humour, platforming is alright. Love instant spaceship -> planet landing.
A few more hours in:
Why didn't they introduce this cool shit sooner?! Gief me moar!!

ZeroAKA

I didn't even think there was one for the vita. Definitely going to pick that one if i can find it cheap. Thanks for that :D
If you're interested in LBP Vita at all, you should probably buy the newer Marvel Edition on PSN. It comes with the full game and bonus Marvel content for $20. I don't think there's a retail version though.

Hikami

Was planning on finishing Corpse Party: Book of Shadows since Blood Drive might be coming.. and I'm completely lost. (haven't played in months)

This game doesn't really hint towards where you need to go or what you need to do at all huh?
Seems like I'll have to restart..

daydream

Banned
Reminds me of some of the levels for Escape Plan. I don't know how this gets through testing, unless they feel the finger gymnastics themselves are fun.

It's a very divisive game that way. People that feel comfortable with the "gymnastics" can get a lot out of the experience (including the control scheme itself).

Takao

Banned
This is out next month:
TWZHU0D.jpg

Activision is a weird company.

Tapejara

what the hell... Is spongebob even still relevant?

They're still making episodes (the quality isn't what it used to be, but it's still better than the crap that is most of season 4, and the majority of seasons 5 through 7). There's a new movie coming out too.

Hikami

This is out next month:
http://i.imgur.com/TWZHU0D.jpg?1[img]

Activision is a weird company.[/QUOTE]
What the..?
[quote="NormalFish, post: 145819300"]what the hell... Is spongebob even still relevant?[/QUOTE]
A quick Google search says it's based on an upcoming spongebob movie, so apparently it is..

I'm actually a bit excited for the now annual january sale in the US PSN. Hopefully some good vita games would be discounted there. But for now, I'll rest for a while but will be back.

autoduelist

Oh, I'm with you on that. Only in one game did I talk to every NPC available after every event, and that was Trails In The Sky, because every NPC was fleshed out. It was still a pain. But I don't think the solution to the problem is to not have real NPCs or multiple layers of dialog, instead have notifcations showing you unread dialog.

There is nothing worse in JRPGs than talking to every NPC, except perhaps entering every house hoping for a golden chest so you can rob some poor family. No, clicking on all the NPCs is worse, because everytime you finish a story event you need to recheck all the stupid NPCs to make sure they didn't get new sidequests or want to give you something.

And the worst is when they have like 5 lines of dialog, so you try to click through it all, but accidentally click an extra time and start them over.

I guess I'm okay with ones where they have a ! over their head if new dialogue, like you suggest, but honestly I'd just prefer towns were a damn menu system.

A game like Dark Souls has all the plot I need -- that is, it's there if you look deep but it never gets in the way, relying on atmosphere/environment instead.

I can't tell you how many JRPGs I've finally gotten around to booting up and playing, but turn off after 5-10 minutes because I'm sick of clicking through dialog and haven't even been able to move, let alone fight, and the game is never to be played again. I just want to tell them all, I don't care what your problem is, I don't care who did what, just let me go kill everything and your world will be saved, so shut the hell up and let me get to it. If you have a sidequest just jot it down over there, and if you have something to give me, hand it over. Silently.

Tizoc

excuse me for ranting but I gotta get this off my chest:
TI IS 2015 AND US VITA PEOPLE CAN'T PLAY CRASH OR SPYRO ON THEIR VITAS, YET EVERY OTHER REGION CAN

Time to spike the GOTM voting and get this elected.

You lot forget we are likely to get Brandish this month.

incpdo

it is a good sign seeing activition is not done yet with the vita even when they will release this kind of game. It feels safer to invest in a console that everyone thought was dead when you see some giants still investing there, And also seeing some companies like bandai namco bringing stuff over to the west. I think is a good sign even when this is the game whe get from them.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn i hate when in Neptunia there are consecutive boss fights without saving(like always?), and where i am
when Noire reveals herself at the end of chapter 2
there's not even the save point before the first boss fight, so much time wasted if you die...

I'm not 100% sure since I can't hear it clearly, but she might be saying ねぷねぷにして上げるよ。 (Nepu Nepu ni shite ageru yo./I'll nep nep you.)

It kinda makes sense, but I'm really not sure about the last part.

Here's a link to what she's saying, if anyone is bored and wants to have a look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2bgpkjmlBkc#t=1940
Thanks, yes it makes sense.

antibolo

Banned
Wait woah I was browsing the PS3 Japanese store and just noticed that Magical Beat has a PS3 version since August

Why was I not aware of this?!

Sol1dus

Just came to say Minecraft on Vita is pure crack. I havent' had this much fun with co-op since Battlefield Bad Company 2, 5 years ago.

Top Bottom