• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

ecurbj

Has there been any English language imports for Vita released in the last couple months that I might have missed guys?
2eSptXR.jpg

Still collecting them physical retail Vita games into 2015. That's what up! lol

I do. Catherine on the Vita? GIVE IT TO ME.

I think people will care more once it gets a good subscription model.
I would love Catherine on the Vita. Geez. Bring it!!

Tizoc

I should tweet JAW and ask for a retail compilation of their 3 Vita Oddworld games...I like the series but I am not interested in giving up 3 GB of my 64 GB for it T.T

Redhood

I should tweet JAW and ask for a retail compilation of their 3 Vita Oddworld games...I like the series but I am not interested in giving up 3 GB of my 64 GB for it T.T

Perhaps a duaology of 2 games seems more like it. With a separate release of New n Tasty.

What am I looking at?

Oh I also wanted to ask, Do you guys check your friends activity on the Vita? It is a great way to see what they bought? who they are friends with? what game they are playing? You can also tap on them to like and comment on them.

For game specific you need to push the down button on the live screen of the game.

For your compete friend list go to friends icon and press down.

16184853971_04edde66d0_o.jpg

Yes that is bakeshi playing Miku.

If not lets start doing it more. It is really an overlooked feature on vita followed by near.

Tizoc

Per chance does anyone know of any SNK or Neo Geo wallpapers? Got a page dedicated to SNK stuff and I want a wallpaper for it :V

Producer

you think thats bad. I'm giving up 12GB from my 32GB for Atelier

Catherine is better than any Persona game. You all know this to be true.
Amen, brother
...but Cahterine IS a Persona game
:Kappa
pls.
better than 4, sure
and 3.
You read it first here:

Catherine 2 is Persona 5. It's PS3/PS4 only because your Vita acts as the cellphone that'd you use to contact your waif- social links.
Don't do this to me, names.

autoduelist

but can your internet handle it =X

PSNow works great for me.

But it's not for most of us; if you own the devices PSNow delivers, there's far less need to use it. It's perfect for people that don't own whatever device the game they want to play is on. I'll likely never have a use for it, but that doesn't mean it's a bad service, just that it's not targeted at me.

Yasumi

Banned
What are some of the faster + cheaper places to get JP PSN codes? I usually go Nippon-Yasan or Japan-codes but they're on the slower side, and I want to play EDF2 right nao.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I'll wait. Most sites seem to be on holiday anyway.

JonCha

New PS4 owner here, I guess this is the equivalent of the XB1 gamertag thread? Anyway, added myself to the doc. Will go through and add EU folks if that's okay whenever I get round to it.

Currently playing The Last of Us.

Hikami

Went to a relative's house and saw they had a PS3, (first time using one) first thing I did was try to use remote play with my Vita. Wow it was so bad.. so slow/laggy moving around the menus and none of the games they had could be 'remote-played'..

How does PS4 remote play compare?

ZeroAKA

Went to a relative's house and saw they had a PS3, (first time using one) first thing I did was try to use remote play with my Vita. Wow it was so bad.. so slow/laggy moving around the menus and none of the games they had could be 'remote-played'..

PS3 remote play is a complete joke compared to PS4 remote play. There's a reason why nobody ever talks about it.

Prelude.

The PS3 doesn't have dedicated hw for streaming so it's pretty shitty and only a couple of games supports it for that reason.

Oh I also wanted to ask, Do you guys check your friends activity on the Vita? It is a great way to see what they bought? who they are friends with? what game they are playing? You can also tap on them to like and comment on them.

For game specific you need to push the down button on the live screen of the game.

For your compete friend list go to friends icon and press down.

If not lets start doing it more. It is really an overlooked feature on vita followed by near.

It's a nice feature, but it needs some improvements.

Some games use it too much, Unit 13 for example, where each minor progression is being displayed, others too little, they only display trophies.
I like how it announced events in No Heroes Allowed or in Rogue Legacy where worldwide stats are given.

As for the friendlist, I don't find it so usefull.
- The more friends you have, the more messy it becomes (especially with games that use it a lot).
- Who becomes friends with whom, doesn't interest me, I wish I could turn those updates off.
- Too few people on my friendlist use it to display what they buy (either they don't want to or they buy from PS3/webstore).
- It shows the updates in the system language of that user

mulac

Does anyone know when Suikoden 1/2 is out on the Aussie/Eur Psn store?

I am compiling a big list of games to wade through this year BEFORE buying any of he new releases...sofar the list is...somewhat epic, will post it when I have it.

It's the greatest thing to exist tbh. I play through it about 70-80% of the time, I'm a handheld guy, I don't like sitting in front of my screen. There's like almost no latency at all, the graphics look amazing and sharp on the OLED, and the controls... Well that depends on the devs, but some games play really, really well.

I love it man, this year I can't wait to play FF Type-0 the proper way, through the Vita.

Catherine was great on PS Now for me because I could play it for a couple hours and realize it wasn't for me. Hated the puzzle game as they were just tedious.

PS Now's need more recent games so we can do paid demos and I can save money.

My Vita froze to a blank screen after accepting a request in PDF 2nd. :(

That request better still be there!
Edit: It was but I messed up on a full heart. :(

Xenoflare

As much as I appreciate Catherine (bought both PS3/360 version for support and damn that Katherine cover), it felt more like a "hey check out what we can do" from Atlus and that's it.

ooh..january thread. it's been a while..have to dust off again my vita this month due to life and everything. still haven't finished SK:SV. bah. and atelier is just around the corner.

No comparison. It's like dial-up compared to high speed cable. And really, there's only about a dozen PS3 games that actually have the functionality at all. And all PS1 games work - actually PS1 games work really well, especially something like turn based RPGs.

But the Vita didn't exist when the PS3 launched. The PS4 and Vita are designed to work together. Remote Play on PS3 is just shoe horned in there.

One of the things that kind of irks me is people dismissing RP with the PS4/Vita by saying "yeah it sucks on PS3/PSP lol." It's a completely different story on the newer hardware.

Tapejara

For your compete friend list go to friends icon and press down

I probably spend just as much time reading the friend activity and comparing trophies with people's recently added friends as I do playing games.

Did I miss the Toukiden Kiwami localization announcement or something? I was checking out the Vita section on IGN and it's on their list of popular upcoming games.

Oh and all this talk about Catherine vs. Persona reminds me I started playing it like 2 months ago and for some reason never went back to it....

Persona>Catherine for me I guess

Did I miss the Toukiden Kiwami localization announcement or something? I was checking out the Vita section on IGN and it's on their list of popular upcoming games.

Oh and all this talk about Catherine vs. Persona reminds me I started playing it like 2 months ago and for some reason never went back to it....

Persona>Catherine for me I guess

I've been having quite an itch to play the original, but much like me owning MH3U on the 3DS, with both Kiwami and MH4U coming these next few months, I'm leaving it for then. I'm excited to see how Kiwami plays, as a MH fan I thought Toukiden was pretty decent. I mean it still can't compete against the titan series that MH is, but it damn well tried and did well in my eyes, it's the closest you can get to playing MH on your Vita natively (yeah you can play MH Freedom Unite, but that is a PSP game).

As for the Persona vs Catherine thing, I love both for what they are, as much as I love Persona I gotta give the creators credit because they made something special and fun to play. Wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Catherine being made somehow, as I'm sure many others wouldn't either.

Top Bottom