• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Wait, so they're keeping the Kiwami subtitle? Not doing "extreme" or whatever the fuck?

I feel like doing that fits in with the whole theme and feel of the game, the game feels and looks very, very japanese so I find it to be a nice touch, don't you?

First post suggestion: Buy SAO Hollow Fragment in hopes of bringing Lost Song over and ultimately Digimon: Cyber Sleuth and God Eater 2 Rage Burst. Or don't listen to me, that's cool too
if the games don't make it over, it's all your fault, hmph.

I feel like doing that fits in with the whole theme and feel of the game, the game feels and looks very, very japanese so I find it to be a nice touch, don't you?

First post suggestion: Buy SAO Hollow Fragment in hopes of bringing Lost Song over and ultimately Digimon: Cyber Sleuth and God Eater 2 Rage Burst. Or don't listen to me, that's cool too

I definitely agree that Kiwami is a better subtitle, I just was under the impression they were going to use something else. Happy they kept it.

I think Lost Song, Cyber Sleuth and Rage Burst are all top of the heap for potential localizations. I'll be surprised if we don't get all three, tbh.

Another video of Playstation Mobile fun. Just me blindly playing things I think might be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeOG2PXfq40

YkVEbME.jpg

UFO Dad - Ever play a match 3 but thought it would be more fun if you could platform on the squares? This game is actually well done and interesting.

auphxyi.jpg

agRAVe KEY MIND C - You read a manga comic and then you play a 2D fighter.

UMo3Qcb.jpg

Appli Archives: Jaleco Momoko 1200% - A port of a terrible Japanese phone game.

RK128

Well, considering how successful Hallow Fragment sold on the Vita last year (as a full priced PSN only game), the chances of Lost Song coming over to NA/EU is very, very high :D. They know the series is successful on the Vita, there is a large PS3 user-base to utilize with Lost Song, and Namco's other Vita games did great on Vita too (One Piece seemingly did well and Tales of Hearts R should have done well considering the JRPG campaign pushed that to coming to NA/EU).

God Eater 2 Rage Bust will come to NA and EU no matter what :D....on PS4 at the very least. The PS4 needs more JP games, and considering how it is lacking in that (outside of FFXIII, Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed and the Omega Force tittles), it would be wise to localize that for the PS4 :). With the Vita.....I have no idea honestly :(. I mean, Namco Bandi's other Vita games did well, but who knows if that will have any 'push' to getting GE2:RB to come to the Vita in NA/EU. After all, they could just tell us "But it is on the Vita :D! You can just remote play it :)!" ......I hope that isn't the case X(.

Digimon's chances of coming to NA/EU....it depends on a few things. Did the PS3 Digimon game do well? If so, that paints a strong chance of the Vita game coming here :D! Is Bamco willing to take the risk of paying for the proper localization (and not the Engerish translation that Hallow Fragment got X()? I think so, as they are (finally :D!) bring the Jump Super Stars fighting series to the west, so that shows they are willing to take the risk. And, will Sony use their third party relations team to help Bandi out to bring it to NA/EU? They did it for Tales of Heart R....so I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't their next project after Tales of Heart R and Borderlands 2 :D.

ZeroAKA

I think so, as they are (finally :D!) bring the Jump Super Stars fighting series to the west, so that shows they are willing to take the risk.
I wish. The gameplay in Jump Super/Ultimate Stars is much better than J-Stars combat. What I'd give for a new JSS/JUS game on the Vita or even 3DS...

Digimon's chances of coming to NA/EU....it depends on a few things. Did the PS3 Digimon game do well? If so, that paints a strong chance of the Vita game coming here :D! Is Bamco willing to take the risk of paying for the proper localization (and not the Engerish translation that Hallow Fragment got X()? I think so, as they are (finally :D!) bring the Jump Super Stars fighting series to the west, so that shows they are willing to take the risk. And, will Sony use their third party relations team to help Bandi out to bring it to NA/EU? They did it for Tales of Heart R....so I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't their next project after Tales of Heart R and Borderlands 2 :D.

Yeah if they are using that to determine if they localize Cyber Sleuth, then I have little faith it's coming over. With all the other Digimon titles I'm surprised they chose that one to be localized.

Xenoflare

Yeah if they are using that to determine if they localize Cyber Sleuth, then I have little faith it's coming over. With all the other Digimon titles I'm surprised they chose that one to be localized.

I have never even heard of a digimon ps3 game in the west, what?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Toukiden Kiwami should be coming sometime early this year. Here's the European website: http://toukiden.eu/kiwami/

The rifles are great. Unless they rebalanced it since I last played am pretty sure 4 players all using a specific rifle type can cheese a boss to death by locking it in place with the black hole shot type. Since even solo you can fuck up a boss pretty good with that particular shot type as it slows down the target on impact and deals multiple hits of damage it seems.

Parakeetman

From what I know am pretty certain Lost Song will come over to the West. And not have a some sort of Engrish script that was halfassed to hell and back.

Not too sure about the other titles.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
From what I know am pretty certain Lost Song will come over to the West. And not have a some sort of Engrish script that was halfassed to hell and back.

Not too sure about the other titles.

It will come over.

Will the script be crap? Might. Might not.

Tizoc

My brother took the Vita with him D;
I had a dream where the Crash games were discounted and suddenly vita compatible too @_@

ZeroAKA

I have never even heard of a digimon ps3 game in the west, what?
There was a Digimon arena fighter released for the PS3 a few months back. It looked very mediocre and had a terrible roster though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it sold like crap. I just hope Bamco doesn't use that as a reason to not localize Cyber Sleuth.

Takao

Banned
Another video of Playstation Mobile fun. Just me blindly playing things I think might be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeOG2PXfq40

YkVEbME.jpg

UFO Dad - Ever play a match 3 but thought it would be more fun if you could platform on the squares? This game is actually well done and interesting.

auphxyi.jpg

agRAVe KEY MIND C - You read a manga comic and then you play a 2D fighter.

UMo3Qcb.jpg

Appli Archives: Jaleco Momoko 1200% - A port of a terrible Japanese phone game.

The Manual menu option in the Appli Archives releases are in English, so you don't need to stumble through those. :p

After using vita slim for over a month I am convinced that a lot of these people who voted for the 1000 never seen and used a slim IRL.

I use both but I'd give it to the 1000. It's very close since playing on the Slim feels amazing, but the screen does make a difference to me.

My first achievement of the year was getting my friend to purchase a vita. He's currently into Mind Zero, with Freedom Wars staying sealed and unopened so far.

I also tried to get him into Danganronpa but he doesn't seem interested...yet ._.

Here's hoping you are all right. I simply could not see these 3 flopping if they brought them over. SAO HF was a hit (complaints about the engrish aside, go check how many ratings the game got on the PSN store lol), so like you said I think Lost Song is a safe bet. Now GE2... One would think it would come over as well, with it being on both PS4 and Vita, I could see them doing a sub only like Freedom Wars, physical version on PS4, digital on Vita. Digimon... I just don't know. The demand for the game is quite high, bringing it over would make sense, even if only subbed. There was that campaign that reached its goal but I don't think Bamco ever even acknowledged it.

Either way, the market is changing if we are to take 2014 into account, hopefully more companies are willing to take risks and bring over some more good stuff.

As an aside, if I recall correctly, doesn't NISA announce their localization plans around this time of the year with a press conference?

ZeroAKA

My first achievement of the year was getting my friend to purchase a vita. He's currently into Mind Zero, with Freedom Wars staying sealed and unopened so far.

I also tried to get him into Danganronpa but he doesn't seem interested...yet ._.
Why is your friend starting with Mind Zero? Can't imagine that would give him a good first impression...

Why is your friend starting with Mind Zero? Can't imagine that would give him a good first impression...

Let him start with the bad, that way any good game that his good friend sends at him will be outstanding in his eyes lol. If he likes Mind Zero, by the end of it, force DR down his throat and he will simply not want to stop playing it ahaha!

Parakeetman

You should have told him to get Persona instead.

Parakeetman

Just about any other RPG would have been better. I can't think of a single reason to get Mind Zero over Demon Gaze.

The setting Id imagine, its like how some folks prefer the Xth series to the other fantasy based DRPGs experience makes due to the modern day setting.

That or the poor bastard didnt know any better / has a BAD friend who did not warn them ahead of time ;D

Tapejara

Has anyone else seen their Vita download speeds drop considerably after the PSN outage? I normally get good speeds, but recently it's been painfully slow. I downloaded the PS Now Beta last night and it took ten minutes.

As an aside, if I recall correctly, doesn't NISA announce their localization plans around this time of the year with a press conference?

They announced that dungeon crawler (Tokyo Abyss?) and Disgaea 5 back in December. Would it be too soon for new announcements?

On a similar topic, I can't believe I went this long without realizing The Awakened Fate Ultimatum is the sequel to The Guided Fate Paradox. I thought it had a different name in Japan, so I didn't pay much attention to thr localization announcement. Now I need to hurry up and finish the first game.

Parakeetman

Realistically I dont think NISA will do any new announcements that would potentially conflict with upcoming releases as in folks holding out over one title for another. So with that being said dont hold your breath to get anything too new is how I would see it.

Since we all know NISA is fairly niche that they need to make as much as possible on upcoming releases which generally they do pretty well on just as long as nothing conflicts. If anyone knows how to run things correctly in that sense its NISA considering they have been doing it for a long ass time and knows their market pretty well / manufacturing sweetspot.

Shinriji

Realistically I dont think NISA will do any new announcements that would potentially conflict with upcoming releases as in folks holding out over one title for another. So with that being said dont hold your breath to get anything too new is how I would see it.

Also, there isn't much that they can announce besides Danganronpa: Another Episode, Shin Hayarigami and Gran Edo Blacksmith.

Yasumi

Banned
Danganronpa was announced at Anime Expo 2013, around July, and released early 2014. DR2 was announced at Anime Expo 2014, July again, and released early September.

Unless they're already working on it, I'd expect something similar to the DR1 situation for when Another Episode is announced.

Parakeetman

Also, there isn't much that they can announce besides Danganronpa: Another Episode, Shin Hayarigami and Gran Edo Blacksmith.

Not exactly, as we do not know what other kind of deals they currently have in the works. One of which being would be Stranger of Sword City I'd imagine. Seeing how they have a working relationship with Exp Inc. Do also know as a fact that there were many interested parties that wanted the Vita version. But have the feeling most def NISA got their hands on it, just because they are not only reliable, but also have their own storefront and do a good job with LE versions of the title.

But the smart thing is to not announce it till after they sell through whatever they were expecting with the first shipment for Operation Abyss. Otherwise I can most def see folks skipping that game for SoSC.

Since the game is pretty much finished at this point, which means that a localization team can be working on it if the human resources are available. As in the whole project not just translations. Though Id imagine more work would need to go into it due to having more voiced sections vs. Abyss. Plus game has multiple endings too, depending on the 3 factions you choose to side with.

*When I say FACT I mean literally sat down and talked with Chikami-san one of the heads within the company. Nothing to do with work. Much respect as those that lead Exp Inc. do so by example and are there in the office constantly working even on the holidays. Chikami-san does a lot of the heavy lifting too all at the same time while doing the job of a producer. Pretty damned impressive.

Im curious if NISA will push the fact that the artist is the same one that did Demon Gaze to ride off the popularity.

At the same time am concerned how fans will react, since seeing how people could not figure out some stuff with Demon Gaze I can only imagine those same people and more will be confused the fuck out of things with OP Abyss.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Danganronpa was announced at Anime Expo 2013, around July, and released early 2014. DR2 was announced at Anime Expo 2014, July again, and released early September.

Unless they're already working on it, I'd expect something similar to the DR1 situation for when Another Episode is announced.
Danganronpa 2 was announced like two days after the first was released in the US back in February.
And they have announced new games in February multiple times so they will surely announce some next month.

Yasumi

Banned
Danganronpa 2 was announced like two days after the first was released in the US back in February.
And they have announced new games in February multiple times so they will surely announce some next month.
Wasn't that a leak? iirc Kyle Hebert tweeted that he was Soda in "the soon to be released Danganronpa", or something like that. Not sure when it was 100% official then.

Edit: Never mind, it was just a couple days after 1 released, with a press release from NISA and everything.

Prelude.

I hope they announce something, like another episode of a certain series.

Parakeetman

I hope they announce something, like another episode of a certain series.

Would be hilarious if they picked up that yandere game.
1392543239528.gif

Considering its by NIS in Japan and how VNs have been gaining popularity in the West, though not sure how a PS3 version would sell seeing how many people bitch, moan and whine these days when something isnt on the PS4.

1392543239528.gif

Considering its by NIS in Japan and how VNs have been gaining popularity in the West, though not sure how a PS3 version would sell seeing how many people bitch, moan and whine these days when something isnt on the PS4.

Would play this for the LOLs. That GIF looks interesting ahaha

Prelude.

https://data.archive.moe/board/a/image/1392/54/1392543239528.gif[IMG]

Considering its by NIS in Japan and how VNs have been gaining popularity in the West, though not sure how a PS3 version would sell seeing how many people bitch, moan and whine these days when something isnt on the PS4.[/QUOTE]
I think they'd rather localize something like this
[QUOTE][IMG]http://abload.de/img/385133_frontxuulq.jpg
or this
before going straight to uguu yandere grills as their first non-danganronpa vn-style game.

The games OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad5OilpXv_Q

I actually have it just do not have the time to go through a VN though.

That looked messed up, it reminded me of Corpse Party lol. I would totally play it.

or this

before going straight to uguu yandere grills as their first non-danganronpa vn-style game.

Man so many interesting looking VNs... Wish we had some courageous publisher pumping these out on the Vita

Parakeetman

or this

Lots of good things to be said about hayarigami. Chikami-san and Ataka-san at Experience even played through the games if I remember correctly.

For the sake of the west lets hope that they indeed do plan on bringing the game out.

Although its funny that amazon jp seems to be showing the exact opposite of that. First time Ive actually looked up the info on Amazon about the game, since most of the folks I know that picked it up said it was pretty decent.

特殊報道部 on the other hand do not know anyone thats picked it up. Though the game came out in 2012.

Prelude.

Lots of good things to be said about hayarigami. Chikami-san and Ataka-san at Experience even played through the games if I remember correctly.

For the sake of the west lets hope that they indeed do plan on bringing the game out.
Is it "localizable" as a stand-alone game since we're obviously never going to get the previous ones?

Parakeetman

Is it "localizable" as a stand-alone game since we're obviously never going to get the previous ones?

Am not sure actually, as myself personally am unfamiliar with the whole series. Id have to talk to one of the folks I know and ask them more details on it.

Do know that its had a heavy cult following with the previous titles though and why folks were looking forward to the vita release here.

Im actually curious about the series and might look into it eventually. Will have to check the JPSN store to see if they have digital DL versions available, though might be hard if its an older title. Buying all of the previous titles would be pretty expensive UMD wise, since their price is still fairly high considering. Downside is my schedule these days does not have enough long periods of time where I can sit uninterrupted and play something like that which is usually what is necessary for VN titles. At least that is how I prefer to play them.

You should have told him to get Persona instead.

I did. Where we live Persona 4 is usually sold for 60 euros. Mind Zero was 15 euros on the PSN sale (?) thing so he went with that.

Since he's enjoying it, my guess is he will enjoy stuff like Demon Gaze and Persona 4 even more once he gets his hands on them, so in retrospect that wasn't a bad decision.

sgtdecimal

Neo Member
I've been looking to pick up Danganronpa. I've read so many good things about it. I was hoping for a price drop or get a physical copy on Amazon. Doesn't seem either will happen soon. Can someone convince me whether or not I should buy this game? I'm still a little iffy if I'll like it or not.

Thanks again for all the usful information that you all share everyday. I may not be able to play games that often but I still enjoy reading about them.

Top Bottom