• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Tizoc

VitaGAF, take note of the following games on sale

Can be transf. from PS3 to Vita
Soul Reaver
Pandemonium 1
Gex 2
Tomb Raider Ann. (must have IMO, runs great and is a fantastic adventure game)

Totally must have games from the sale this week
Dissidia Duodecim 012 (If you bought Dissidia from the last sale, well you wasted your money since THIS has Dissidia's story in it as well :V)
Final Fantasy 3
Tomb Raider Classics
Front Mission 3
Legend of Mana

SerTapTap

Anyone use a Vita card case? Recommendations? Only one I see on amazon is friggin $25 and only holds 8 cards. I think I actively use less than that but still. I used to keep them in my 3DS case when I only had a couple but too many limited editions and now I have several

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone use a Vita card case? Recommendations? Only one I see on amazon is friggin $25 and only holds 8 cards. I think I actively use less than that but still. I used to keep them in my 3DS case when I only had a couple but too many limited editions and now I have several

I use a Hama 30+2 case, they can carry 30 Vita carts and 2 memory cards. Really neat case.
There are some 14+4 (14 game+4 mc) cases by Assecure also but I can't say anything about them.
I can't see the Hama case on Amazon.com (got it from amazon.de) but the Assecure case is there. There may be some other stores you US people could check though.

bobohoro

Super hyped for operation abyss. Day 1

Really looking forward to that one too.
Should help in getting off my hunting-addiction I will surely suffer with MH4U/Kiwami.

And I need to get cracking on my 2015-purchase-list. I already forgot half the games I wanted to play. Glad Fady is 'round for Vita, 3DS/WiiU aren't quite as taxing to keep track of myself. And I completely gave up on getting a PS4 in march for Bloodborne. There's just no time. Makes it easier to wait for the pricedrop sometime this year at least.

E the Shaggy

All these recent PSN sales have completely filled up my hard drive for my PS3. Any recommendations on the best (and cheapest) external hard drives available?

autoduelist

I think it's the opposite! Being down on the biggest gift unwrapping day of the year probably cost them millions in sales, they need to anything they can to get people to buy on the PS Store to recover at least some.

You won! Nice.

SNIP. But there needs to be an independently functional physical component for the disk part to have meaning, at least to me--that's why collecting modern PC games is basically meaningless to me (and, seemingly, to a lot of collectors).

A lot of collectors have switched to massive Steam collections on PC, but I do agree with you in general. I think the issue is they really need to find an angle... movie theaters have the same problem as home theaters get better and better. In the case of games, I think they need to figure out a way to do 'special editions' that are something closer to the special editions we got in the 80's. That is, less 'figurines', and more... engaging, world building items.

The early Origin games (Ultima, etc) are perfect examples of this. Cloth maps, 'coins of the realm', well written spell books and monster manuals, that sort of thing.

Laughing hard at Duodecim being $10 on sale for everyone this week when Dissidia was $10 on sale for PS+ last week.

So this is a fighting game? Action based? Turn based?

I posted about this last week, lol. Check monoprice

$1.80 for:

92611.jpg

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=114&cp_id=11405&cs_id=1140502&p_id=9261&seq=1&format=2

antibolo

Banned
HOLY SHIT, Plex client out of nowhere??

For BOTH PS3 and PS4?!

Is Plex published by Koei Tecmo?

EDIT: Wait you need a paid subscription to use this app? Meh, pass. I'll continue to use my XBMC-equipped Mac Mini for local media.

antibolo

Banned
What an awful week to give us the 10% discount code that will only work for three fucking days.

I may buy Brandish, I don't really care about the game itself but I want to show Xseed that people are still willing to buy PSP games, in case they may change their mind about TITS SC.

Only takes a few minutes. Getting the PSN cards is the hard part, but should be much easier than JP ones are.

I might just buy a VitaTV to make my US account machine, since most of the stuff I want is on PSP or PS1 (Vita games have been pretty good at coming to EU).

... though in saying that I've already realised plenty of PS1/P stuff isn't compatible, sigh.

autoduelist

What an awful week to give us the 10% discount code that will only work for three fucking days.

What? This is a pretty huge sale for an 'unnamed' sale. Tons of quality. I'd say it's a top tier sale, actually. (I do own a lot of it already, but that's a given at this point)

Dissidia and 3rd Birthday were some of the only PSP games I wanted that I didn't buy for Vita already, as opposed to me usually buying everything day 1 or whenever I have a hole burning in my wallet, and then regret when they just turn into a backlog that gets a good sale before I ever even play it.

Things are finally coming up Milhouse.

antibolo

Banned
What? This is a pretty huge sale for an 'unnamed' sale. Tons of quality. I'd say it's a top tier sale, actually. (I do own a lot of it already, but that's a given at this point)

That sale is OK I guess, but there are not a lot of new releases.

I'm just bitter that we only have three days to redeem the code, I know it's better than nothing but it's still pretty lame of them. I was expecting them to give us at least a month or something.

I bought FFXIV on sale. It says I have a 30 day trail right now. Will I need to buy a game card after that is up to play on PS4?

After the trail is up, you need to have a subscription to be able to play on ps4/ps3/PC. You can buy either subscribe directly via square-enix mog station or via some 60 game cards in the USA via amazon or other retailers.

If you have further question about this, you can check the community thread here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=921511

SerTapTap

I might just buy a VitaTV to make my US account machine, since most of the stuff I want is on PSP or PS1 (Vita games have been pretty good at coming to EU).

... though in saying that I've already realised plenty of PS1/P stuff isn't compatible, sigh.

Never seen a PSP/1 game that's on Vita but not PS TV. But yes some stuff isn't on Vita because licensing is awful

autoduelist

Some questions...

Are the Gex games good? Like, really good / top tier, or skippable? If so, which one one or both.

Lord of Arcana seems to get terrible reviews... does anyone love it and can defend it?

That sale is OK I guess, but there are not a lot of new releases.

I'm just bitter that we only have three days to redeem the code, I know it's better than nothing but it's still pretty lame of them. I was expecting them to give us at least a month or something.

I didn't expect the 10% off to be so limited either; I half expected it to last a year, not 3 days, since 10% off isn't much. But... it's not like they owed us a thing, so 10% is better than nothing.

pariah164

I feel the need to say that if you have not played Knights in the Nightmare or Hexyz Force, pick them up now while they're on sale. Because I really like those games, and they don't get a lot of love. So yeah.

Shizuka

I feel the need to say that if you have not played Knights in the Nightmare or Hexyz Force, pick them up now while they're on sale. Because I really like those games, and they don't get a lot of love. So yeah.

I'll just get Hyperdevotion Noire next month. Same developer, more moe.

Renpatsu

Are the Gex games good? Like, really good / top tier, or skippable? If so, which one one or both.
Can't speak for the first two games, but I played the third a lot on PS1 when it was released. From what I remember the game had a fun wit as it parodied various television genres for each of its levels and in its writing. In addition it was a pretty good game for hiding secrets and requiring some offbeat solutions to get to them.

May need to watch a gameplay video or two to verify these claims of mine.

Maid

Banned

Yeah. Now I'm going to use the discount code for thing that's not on sale because I'm done waiting. Should have known I shouldn't expect much of SCEA if my main gaming machine is a Vita.

:/ @ NISA still not getting back to me about my payment set up, but always making sure I get one of the mass emails for something else to order

I guess I'm about to pre-order Operation Abyss, though

:/ @ NISA still not getting back to me about my payment set up, but always making sure I get one of the mass emails for something else to order

I guess I'm about to pre-order Operation Abyss, though

Did you try calling them? I called in around 5:30 PM PST today and got through to a rep in a minute.

Chuy

Only after losing my PS3 did I realize how much I longed for backward compatibility.
They're pretty cheap though if you don't mind buying used. I've seen some go for like $110 at pawn shops and second hand stores.

I think you're going to have to replace the internal drive, unless you mean for backup. I use a 1TB Seagate hybrid drive, works pretty great, it's $75 at newegg today with promo code ESCAKNA26 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178340
Bookmarked. My PS3 hard drive is kinda going on the fritz again so might replace it with that as it doesn't seem to be a dirt build up like last time. Also late but thanks for the help with advice for fixing the ps3 hard drive when i first asked here.

I'm such a sucker for dystopian/cyberpunk stuff. I'm going to enjoy this a lot.
Same
Speaking of which is there any such games for the vita? I'd assume yes

Top Bottom