• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

deadfolk

GoT & Tales from the Borderlands will get a better discount before all episodes are out, so I wouldn't buy those yet. Haven't played The Crew though, so can't say anything about that

A good point, but I'm not known for my patience! I'm also going to wait and see what is released today before committing my 10%. I'm hoping for the Suidoken games and potentially Brandish.

Stranger things have happened.

Kancolle saves vita! Limited edition Yamato Vita (AKA best gir....SHIP)!

My man.
Anecdotal but I have been scuba diving around some of the wrecks of the real life japanese battleships, and now I'm collecting them as my waif-err, ship collection. It made the experience a bit weird and LOL-worthy at the same time. I even started collecting the sunk ships here and then look at the pics taken from my travels just to have so LOLs here and there.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I already have Dissidia 012 as a UMD and as a PSN title, I'll just go for Legend of Mana. Although I don't really know if I would like it.

A good point, but I'm not known for my patience! I'm also going to wait and see what is released today before committing my 10%. I'm hoping for the Suidoken games and potentially Brandish.

Stranger things have happened.

Suikoden 1 & 2 are delayed to February, and I doubt Brandish is this week since XSEED hasn't said anything

deadfolk

Suikoden 1 & 2 are delayed to February, and I doubt Brandish is this week since XSEED hasn't said anything

Nuts. I wonder what the holdup is - it's not like there's any actual work to do on them.

I'll probably be balls-deep in 3DS games by then.

Oh well, I supposed it makes the decision a bit easier.

bobohoro

But I wanna play Brandish. And at least use my 10% code on something, right now nothing looks tempting. :(

Ah well, might just get Aysha+ in the end.

That Operation Abyss LE looks mighty fine. Might just import it, or is the NIS-EU store finally usable?

antibolo

Banned
My man.
Anecdotal but I have been scuba diving around some of the wrecks of the real life japanese battleships, and now I'm collecting them as my waif-err, ship collection. It made the experience a bit weird and LOL-worthy at the same time. I even started collecting the sunk ships here and then look at the pics taken from my travels just to have so LOLs here and there.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I already have Dissidia 012 as a UMD and as a PSN title, I'll just go for Legend of Mana. Although I don't really know if I would like it.

So what you're trying to tell us is that you entered into your Kancolle waifus in real life

Lewd

jvm

Gamasutra.
Vita just reached the 800 games milestone (released and announced), surpassing the Gamecube, N64 and Dreamcast total number of games. So much for a dead system with no games.

Next milestone: 1000 games (surpassing the OG Xbox).
How many in the U.S.? And does this count PSM, PS1, PSP?

Shizuka

That Operation Abyss LE looks mighty fine. Might just import it, or is the NIS-EU store finally usable?

It should be available on the european store sometime in the future, but it'll probably be priced like the other limited editions available on the european store

FDC1

So about that Lara Croft Osiris Season pass, what exactly is included, will there be more stuff in the future? I'm only interested in new dungeons/levels to explore, don't care about any new items, costumes and characters, will it be worth it for me?

Season Pass includes 2 new zones (one of them being already available), weapons, costumes, etc..

bobohoro

It should be available on the european store sometime in the future, but it'll probably be priced like the other limited editions available on the european store

So probably 1:1 conversion from $ to £ and insane shipping costs to Austria? Sigh.
Yeah well...I'm gonna at least try to get it.

So what you're trying to tell us is that you entered into your Kancolle waifus in real life

Lewd
image.php

Your comment + avatar made me laugh harder than I should be.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````
I finally got a limited edition Vita, it is the Gundam Breaker one. I was actually looking for the new slim pink Vita but I can't find it so I decided to go for this. Now I don't have to shuffle through my Asian and US accounts.

bobohoro

If you can't, at least get the game. It should be worth your time and money.

Oh, I will definitely get the game. Demon Gaze was my favourite Vita title of 2014 and Operation Abyss looks to be even more to my tastes than that. It's just stupidly annoying how NIS handles their LEs, especially in Europe. It hurts even more if the LE actually has items of interest in them, like that nice artbook. But I'm not willing to pay a mark-up of ~40% (excluding silly shipping costs) just because I happen to live where I live. Well, there is a small chance that third-party sellers stumble across some copies (vgp.ca or 365games.co.uk), so I'm not fully out of options yet.

Shizuka

Oh, I will definitely get the game. Demon Gaze was my favourite Vita title of 2014 and Operation Abyss looks to be even more to my tastes than that. It's just stupidly annoying how NIS handles their LEs, especially in Europe. It hurts even more if the LE actually has items of interest in them, like that nice artbook. But I'm not willing to pay a mark-up of ~40% (excluding silly shipping costs) just because I happen to live where I live. Well, there is a small chance that third-party sellers stumble across some copies (vgp.ca or 365games.co.uk), so I'm not fully out of options yet.

ltBRG1O.gif

FDC1

SerTapTap

Already got Legend of Mana, 30 cents isn't worth waiting for. I wonder if I still have my save file...probably not. My big 3x7 memory card for PS1 died less than a year before I got my PS3 and the PS1 memory card reader.

How dare the EU get Bon Appetit on sale before us

Kancolle saves vita! Limited edition Yamato Vita (AKA best gir....SHIP)!

Are ship waifus coming to Vita or something?

SerTapTap

If I were to buy ONE DRPG on Vita, which would be recommended, or should I wait for that new tokyo whatever thing to release before asking? I love Chocobo's Dungeon but can't get into too many of those games, for instance Izuna is fun but gets way too hard.

The 3D pans on the 2D art, that's classic. I suppose I shouldn't mock this with all the Senran Kagura stuff I buy.
But I shall

Yaari

I've been trying to get into that KanColle Lottery for weeks now. What a pain that is.
There will be an actual LE Vita Console in may, but as I said, thats an accessory pack, not the Vita scheduled for May.

bobohoro

I should really get around to watch Brotherhood one of these days. It's been a while since I finished reading the manga, so I could do with a refresher. :D

If I were to buy ONE DRPG on Vita, which would be recommended, or should I wait for that new tokyo whatever thing to release before asking? I love Chocobo's Dungeon but can't get into too many of those games, for instance Izuna is fun but gets way too hard.

Aren't Chocobo's Dungeon and Izuna more rogue-like dungeon adventure games? I'd wager Brandish would be worth a look. DRPGs like Demon Gaze and Tokyo Abyss have turn-based battle systems and overall are quite different. I'd consider Demon Gaze a good entry if you can find it on sale, else I'd wait for Operation Abyss so you have a chance at playing together with the rest of VitaGAF and enjoying some community tips and impressions.

Shinriji

Usually people call this kind of game like Izuna, Chocobo Dungeon, Azure dreams roguelikes. DRPG like Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss are first-person dungeons RPG. They are very different genres.

I think that the only US released roguelike for the vita is Sorcery Saga.

SerTapTap

Usually people call this kind of game like Izuna, Chocobo Dungeon, Azure dreams roguelikes. DRPG like Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss are first-person dungeons RPG. They are very different genres.

I think that the only US released roguelike for the vita is Sorcery Saga.

I thought DRPGs played a lot like first person roguelikes--first person, big RNG maze? Maybe not. I can't recall the last actual DRPG I played

After a bit of information, wondering if anyone can help me. Just got a PS4 a couple of weeks ago, and I have linked my main PSN account to it no problem. However, I want to also link my secondary US account but I can't see how - when I select the option for another account, it only seems to give me the option to create a new one. Can anyone tell me how to add an additional already-existing account?

SerTapTap

After a bit of information, wondering if anyone can help me. Just got a PS4 a couple of weeks ago, and I have linked my main PSN account to it no problem. However, I want to also link my secondary US account but I can't see how - when I select the option for another account, it only seems to give me the option to create a new one. Can anyone tell me how to add an additional already-existing account?

I believe you need to "create a new user" (because it's new to that PS4) and there's an option to sign in to an existing PS4 account. I'm not at my PS4 but I'm pretty sure it works pretty much as you'd expect, the "new user" is just a bit confusing. I think I did this when I made my JP account but I forget if I put it on PS3 or PS4 first.

Maid

Banned

Just create a new one, and then sign in with the PSN account you want to use.

Finally got a chance to play Borderlands on the Vita and a! Really enjoying it. Have they said if the PS4 version of BL2 will still have Cross save support with the Vita version?

SerTapTap

Welp Scott Pilgrim got removed from PSN, I'm pretty bummed out that I kept forgetting to get it.

Gamestop has digital codes. Not 100% sure if they work, but I think so (codes work even if the game isn't listed, that's how promo-only items and review copies work) http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-ultimate-edition/108758

Great game in all regards other than the leveling system (does literally ANY beat 'em up do that right?) and final boss (too much health). Fantastic art and music.

Finally got a chance to play Borderlands on the Vita and a! Really enjoying it. Have they said if the PS4 version of BL2 will still have Cross save support with the Vita version?

I'm not gearbox, but since BL2 has cross save for PS3 and Vita I should think so

Top Bottom