• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The question would be "why?".

Considering that is one of the few remaining larger game centers of theirs its not surprising they want to keep trying to drive traffic to it. Its where they do the "location testing". The other famous Sega arcade in Tokyo is the one in Shinjuku where they used to do VF and Virtual On tournaments.

skynidas

Banned
ok, i saw that shinovi versus and bon appetit are on sale on EU PSN. Can someone tell me if they are good games? And what do you do in them?

I have 209 releases as of February 2014 sometime, again in U.S. only. Are you also counting native PSV apps (as opposed to games)? I'm having a hard time grasping 100+ releases for PSV in 10 months, but maybe so.

Games only. An app is not a game. ;)

What's up with that exclusives count? I'm pretty sure Vita had more than that on day 1 other than Japan obviously.

It's regional exclusives (ie; available in North America only), not exclusives with regards to not on any other system.

ok, i saw that shinovi versus and bon appetit are on sale on EU PSN. Can someone tell me if they are good games? And what do you do in them?
They seem to be otaku type games, girls transforming and attacking each other leading to clothes flying off etc. They seem mediocre as actual games tbh.

Maid

Banned
They seem to be otaku type games, girls transforming and attacking each other leading to clothes flying off etc. They seem mediocre as actual games tbh.

You haven't visited the OT, I see.

Shinovi Versus is a brawler game with fanservice. I think it's pretty fun to play, and the characters are good enough to make the players feel attached to them.

Bon Appetit are rhymth game with cooking and fanservice as the theme. I suggest checking gameplay video to see if it fits your taste or not.

VLiberty

I have 209 releases as of February 2014 sometime, again in U.S. only. Are you also counting native PSV apps (as opposed to games)? I'm having a hard time grasping 100+ releases for PSV in 10 months, but maybe so.
Not strange at all, last year it used - and still do - to have at least a couple of games released per week.

One of the latest weeks had resogun, oddworld, fieldrunners and switch galaxy released on the same day.

pariah164

Not sure how relevant this still is, but I have a spare MH4U demo code for 3DS (US only). I spend more time here than any other thread, so...

First person to post a picture of their copy of Neptunia Rebirth 1 (digital or physical) gets it. Please include a paper with your GAF name in the photo as well. I will send my friend code with the game code so we can hunt things.

I have never played Monster Hunter before; this is going to turn out badly.

Listening to Podcast Beyond right now, apparently Marty Silva recently visited Sony HQ over in Japan in order to check up on a game that's being developed by Studio Japan. He can't mention what it is right now, but the embargo lifts in early February. Hmmm, I wonder what it is.

Listening to Podcast Beyond right now, apparently Marty Silva recently visited Sony HQ over in Japan in order to check up on a game that's being developed by Studio Japan. He can't mention what it is right now, but the embargo lifts in early February. Hmmm, I wonder what it is.

I really hope it's a Jrpg.

Even better if it's on Vita but that's not happening

Gravity Rush lets gooo!!!!

daydream

Banned
If you do end up getting it, add me on PSN: cesahfwanko.
We can help each other wit the online trophies since it is practically dead now and if you do get matched up, it's against someone that is too overpowered and supped up to be able to compete fairly. I only need those to get the platinum and that way you can get them out of the way early.

You got it, buddy.

Tizoc

They got me GAF, I've reached the boiling point, once I get that 10% code, this game is bought
ngheroes_001_thumb.jpg

Tizoc

Never heard of this, whats--*googles* is that a vertical shmup on a PSP. what
You mean the fact that you play as SNK characters flying and firing projectiles isn't what made you go 'wut'? lol
It's no the only vertical shmup, Various PSX shmups are vertical too.

Holy eff. I just watched a video of this. This game, Criminal Girls, NepReb 2... My body is ready
but my wallet isn't

The game's OST rocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcQ6piQB8UM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQoEsuoZTjM&list=PLJIVaVKpShkl2-VCLgFr9bWie5GCGhx6B&index=6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ1dECaMNJY

SerTapTap

You mean the fact that you play as SNK characters flying and firing projectiles isn't what made you go 'wut'? lol
It's no the only vertical shmup, Various PSX shmups are vertical too.

PS1 was 4:3 and a ton of those are arcade ports. PSP is 16:9, and a lower vertical resolution I think. Bit odd to have a PSP exclusive vertical shmup. Especially one that isn't one of those weird "hold the Playstation Vita® Vertically" situations, not that I've played any games like that .

And I mean, I've played shmups as cats and flying robot chicks/fighting giant robot chicks, or bugs, or as a bug, the player/enemy sprites are fairly irrelevant.

nampad

I guess the Vita 2000 scratches easily if you don't use a case and pack it in a bag with other stuff? Used my old PSP 1000 and 2000 without a case and I thought it was ok.
The Vita is for my nephew though.

autoduelist

Is it playable though, seems like a fun game in the same vein of something like doom.

Serious Sam games are definitely fun.... they made their name originally just on sheer number of enemies. You'd see a big building with a long alleyway on the side, and a nice pickup or something at the end, and as soon as you picked it up, massive waves of enemies... or you'd enter a large open area and have massive waves coming at you from multiple directions. It was just... super amped up shooting fun, to a degree no other game had before. Sound effects and overall feel were nice, too. Kamikaze enemies running at you screaming bloody murder, etc... all very memorable. I haven't played all the Serious Sams, but the ones I have experienced are classics.
Can't comment on ps3 versions, I played the first ones back in the day.

Hikami

You do. Wait for the next sale to get it for $20.
I don't have that kind of patience, haha.
(Finally) picked up Gravity Rush while I was there too.

I hadn't been to GameStop since I got like.. Conception 2 last April. It was my first time buying a Vita game there as well since I usually just get them from Amazon.

I walked in, looked around for a few minutes.. "Where the hell is the Vita section?"
Eventually found it in on a rack in the far corner just hidden away. No signs saying there were Vita games here or anything and all the games were displayed with their spine out instead of the front cover like everything else in the store. What a sad display..
But anyways.. not sure which game to start with now, hm.

pariah164

I don't have that kind of patience, haha.

(Finally) picked up Gravity Rush while I was there too.

I hadn't been to GameStop since I got like.. Conception 2 last April. It was my first time buying a Vita game there as well since I usually just get them from Amazon.

I walked in, looked around for a few minutes.. "Where the hell is the Vita section?"
Eventually found it in on a rack in the far corner just hidden away. No signs saying there were Vita games here or anything and all the games were displayed with their spine out instead of the front cover like everything else in the store. What a sad display..
But anyways.. not sure which game to start with now, hm.
Demon Gaze is so good. It made me, a person who used to hate dungeon crawlers, fall in absolute love with the genre.

Shizuka

Both are great games, play Demon Gaze if you're up for RPGs. Slowly but surely, I'll make sure VitaGAF acknowledge Demon Gaze.

Dawg

Both GoT and Borderlands on EU sale. And the second episodes aren't even out :p

Might bite on Borderlands, €13,99 is a nice price.

autoduelist

was jst looking at psm store.... gunhouse is only
.49 right now, at least in US.

iirc it got good reviews here on release. just picked itp.

antibolo

Banned
While we're on the subject of Demon Gaze:

If you get this game import the Global Edition for the uncensored boxart lol

Both Japanese and Asian versions have full English support BTW. Asian version is most likely cheaper.

wilflare

Both Japanese and Asian versions have full English support BTW. Asian version is most likely cheaper.

lol if I can find Asian copies of this game (R3) in Singapore, I'll be happy to help ship to you guys

Shizuka

That's funny, I never noticed that before, Still, I'm grateful for the cover we got, it could be the original one, which is awful.

254351_front.jpg

Maid

Banned
That's funny, I never noticed that before, Still, I'm grateful for the cover we got, it could be the original one, which is awful.

254351_front.jpg

That is what I got, because I bought the LE. Not like I bother much, but NISA never changes, eh? They will censor anything they could.

pariah164

That is what I got, because I bought the LE. Not like I bother much, but NISA never changes, eh? They will censor anything they could.
This. It's because of that reason that I've pondered canceling my Criminal Girls pre-order. In the end, I kept it, because I want to see more games like that get a license, and the power lies in my wallet, so...

Maid

Banned
They didn't censor the game, that's what matters.

I really do think we got luck out of that. Almost all games I bought from them got censored, and I can't say I'm happy about that. Admittedly, I just accepted it because there is no alternative, but I'm slowly working in my Japanese so I won't have to deal with the waiting for localization and censorship.

Shizuka

I really do think we got luck out of that. Almost all games I bought from them got censored, and I can't say I'm happy about that. Admittedly, I just accepted it because there is no alternative, but I'm slowly working in my Japanese so I won't have to deal with the waiting for localization and censorship.

The games I care about the most didn't get censored, like Demon Gaze and Danganronpa. I know it's a sensitive question and I'd like keep it brief before it explodes, getting this topic locked, but I'm one that doesn't really mind as long as it doesn't directly affect the core experience.

SerTapTap

Any DLC or anything you miss out on? I'd like the uncensored box just because fuck censorship but the Vita isn't perfectly friendly to out of region things either.

Top Bottom