• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

This is out next month:
TWZHU0D.jpg

Activision is a weird company.

I'm far too interested in getting this. Is this coming out in North America, or will I have to import it?

VLiberty

And that's the last we heard of it. Release date was 23th of September 2013. It's probably pretty dead.

Uh, TOTP: Go and preorder htol #NiQ: Firefly’s Diary!

I still haven't got what it actually is. Is it a platformer? Is it like Murasaki Baby?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Parakeetman

And that's the last we heard of it. Release date was 23th of September 2013. It's probably pretty dead.

Uh, TOTP: Go and preorder htol #NiQ: Firefly’s Diary!

Could have just gone into development hell similar with what happened to Devil Survivor 2 Break Record. Different company and circumstances, but it was a title everyone thought got shitcanned also. With how long Atlus went silent on it after the initial announcement.

If they really shitcanned the project and buried it, doubt they would leave the website up like that.

Tizoc

Too early to assume this. There are definitely going to be new games released this week, judging by the PS+ lineup.

I need a date for Metal Slug 3 already =/

You PS4 peeps better get Metal Slug 3, you know, in case Sony gets DDOSed again, at least that way you'll have an actually good co-op game to play

Takao

Banned
I'm far too interested in getting this. Is this coming out in North America, or will I have to import it?

Gamefly and Newegg have it on their sites:
http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Spongebob-Heropants/5009199/#axzz3NsoaaIzJ
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...geBob_Super_Hero_Pants-_-79-221-390-_-Product

Bizarre platform selection for this game: 3DS, PSV and 360. The last SpongeBob game was on pretty much everything but Vita.

VLiberty

Puzzle platformer so to speak.

While this is the JP site messing with the in site game on the main HP gives a pretty good idea what a good portion of the game is like.

http://nippon1.jp/consumer/hotarunonikki/

Or you can watch this vid of the first chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_af65anEpk

Not having direct controls on the charachter was turning me off, but the Ghost Trick-esque powers got my attention. I'll keep watching it

Gamefly and Newegg have it on their sites:
http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Spongebob-Heropants/5009199/#axzz3NsoaaIzJ
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...geBob_Super_Hero_Pants-_-79-221-390-_-Product

Bizarre platform selection for this game: 3DS, PSV and 360. The last SpongeBob game was on pretty much everything but Vita.

First GW3 and now Spongebob, Pockett was right.

I'll get (once they will be on sale) La Mulana and Grim Fandango, plus the Plus games of course.

But surely something else will pop out

Definitely. The list of undated 2015 games (and Q1/Winter titles that could hit) is huge, there's bound to be in-month and stealth releases in there as well.

Parakeetman

Definitely. The list of undated 2015 games (and Q1/Winter titles that could hit) is huge, there's bound to be in-month and stealth releases in there as well.

La Mulana AKA the Vita killer when people throw their systems at the fucking wall lol

bobawesome

Oh dear.

As someone who's psychotic about these minor thingsmin, I'm sorry.

Can't you at least exchange it?

It's probably possible but there's no telling if my parents kept the receipt or not (it was a Christmas gift). If nothing else I'm sure I could send it to Sony. I had to send back three Vitas in the past but the pixels were much more obvious as they were either red or black.

SerTapTap

So my X and to a lesser extent O button on my Vita 2000 are creaky. The far more used 1000 doesn't do this. Safe to assume this is not natural? I guess I'll exchange with Sony then.

batrush

So my X and to a lesser extent O button on my Vita 2000 are creaky. The far more used 1000 doesn't do this. Safe to assume this is not natural? I guess I'll exchange with Sony then.

Eh if the creakiness seems excessive then I'd go through with the exchange. I began to notice a little creakiness with my X and O not too long ago (after about 3 months of use), but I dismissed it as natural.

this is because of the buttons themselves, AFAIK. Not a defect. I've been meaning to try lubricating them with some electronic oil (like for keyboards), but I haven't gotten around to it. Some 2000s are worse than otehrs though. My black/khaki model was squeekier than my black/blue

I just got a PSTV and got it set up.

Everything seems to be working but when I loaded up SK Shinovi Versus I noticed that I didn't have any of the DLC I purchased.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Everything seems to be working but when I loaded up SK Shinovi Versus I noticed that I didn't have any of the DLC I purchased.

It might be that the DLC isn't flagged for use with the PSTV. Dunno, though. I don't have the game or a PSTV so I can't test.
Try tweeting at Xseed if you can.

Did you download the DLC on the PSTV? It has to be downloaded on every memory card you use, as it's not an external licence - it's a micro-patch.

SerTapTap

this is because of the buttons themselves, AFAIK. Not a defect. I've been meaning to try lubricating them with some electronic oil (like for keyboards), but I haven't gotten around to it. Some 2000s are worse than otehrs though. My black/khaki model was squeekier than my black/blue

What? Fuuuuck. It's pretty annoying for the X button, is it normal for only a few buttons to do it? It's only a month old and X does it fairly bad, O slightly, square and triangle not at all but they're much less commonly used. All other buttons are fine. And like I said, 1000 doesn't do this at all almost 3 years later.

Did you download the DLC on the PSTV? It has to be downloaded on every memory card you use, as it's not an external licence - it's a micro-patch.

Yeah I figured that was the case and downloaded all of it again and now it works.

It was a pain to download all of them again though since I had over 30 individual items.

What? Fuuuuck. It's pretty annoying for the X button, is it normal for only a few buttons to do it? It's only a month old and X does it fairly bad, O slightly, square and triangle not at all but they're much less commonly used. All other buttons are fine. And like I said, 1000 doesn't do this at all almost 3 years later.

Try training yourself to push directly down onto the button, I find the creaking is at it's worst when you're pushing at an angle, and isn't bad straight up and down.

Yeah I figured that was the case and downloaded all of it again and now it works.

It was a pain to download all of them again though since I had over 30 individual items.

I usually just sync my data to PC and then back to whatever device doesn't have it - keeps my PSTV and Vita up to date with the least amount of steps.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition coming out this week.

Any reviews regarding the game? Also is it hard and long?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Try training yourself to push directly down onto the button, I find the creaking is at it's worst when you're pushing at an angle, and isn't bad straight up and down.

That or put on headphones like you should whenever possible playing a handheld system and you'll never hear that creak ever.

Got to the scene in DR2 where
Ibuki puts on a show for Fuyuhiko's recovery
. This is fucking hysterical XD

Sidenote: Everyone should tune into AGDQ2015 over at twitch.tv/gamesdonequick! We also have a GAF chat (set up by VitaGAF regular TUSR) so that you can avoid the crazy twitch chat standard.

I've been contemplating Diablo III from afar for a while, and while I own the game I haven't put too much time into it because of what I read online. I'm scared that I'm playing the game wrong, I see people talking about builds, there's some crazy meta behind the game, looking for the best gear and all that, chasing the best stats. Should I only worry about this stuff after clearing the campaign, if even at all?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been contemplating Diablo III from afar for a while, and while I own the game I haven't put too much time into it because of what I read online. I'm scared that I'm playing the game wrong, I see people talking about builds, there's some crazy meta behind the game, looking for the best gear and all that, chasing the best stats. Should I only worry about this stuff after clearing the campaign, if even at all?

It's not 2 where you can mess up one point and completely hose your build, that's for damn sure.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Speaking of Diablo 3 I think that's one possible use I could make out of buying a PS4.

I could remote play D3.

ZeroAKA

Depends on what you want to get out of the game. I've been playing Diablo 3 fairly casually from the beginning, and I can pretty much get up to Torment III with no problems at all right now.

Speaking of Diablo 3 I think that's one possible use I could make out of buying a PS4.

I could remote play D3.
Not a fan of Diablo 3 remote play. Text is way too small on the Vita, and mapping R2 to the rear touch pad isn't great.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Depends on what you want to get out of the game. I've been playing Diablo 3 fairly casually from the beginning, and I can pretty much get up to Torment III with no problems at all right now.

Not a fan of Diablo 3 remote play. Text is way too small on the Vita, and mapping R2 to the rear touch pad isn't great.

Ugh. Guess not then.

I'm sure D3 will be cheap as chips by the time I get a PS4 though...which might not be until KH 3 drops....which could be a long ass time. FF VS XV is going to have to do a lot more to win me over.

It's not 2 where you can mess up one point and completely hose your build, that's for damn sure.

Hmm I see. Well that's a lot further than I have played thus far... Maybe I should give it a shot, give Destiny a long rest and play this instead. If all else fails, its back to MH on the 3DS (I really wanna wait for the new one to come out to pour my all into it though).

As for the remote play, I quite liked what I played on it, all it took was putting the skills that I don't use as often, or that have long timers on the back touch screen, problem solved :p

Ugh. Guess not then.

I'm sure D3 will be cheap as chips by the time I get a PS4 though...which might not be until KH 3 drops....which could be a long ass time. FF VS XV is going to have to do a lot more to win me over.

I feel like the game is on sale on PSN for $30 something bucks right now... Considering how much content it has, that's a bangin' deal right there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not a bad deal at all but if I wait a year or two when I expect to have need of a PS4 I can probably get it for 10-15.

I might have done it this summer if I heard positive reactions to playing it remotely.

My general rule for consoles goes like this, and it has served me well since high school.

If the current retail price of games you want to play for the system right now or can reasonably expect to want to play in the future is greater than the current cost of the system, buy the system.

It took the PS3 a long ass time to reach that, I tell you what. XBONE will probably never reach it. Nintendo systems usually do it for me right quick, combination of low price and large quantity of games I want. Vita got a bit of a pass considering the great deals on craiglist and that first Black Friday, plus I'm a portable gamer at heart.

So looking at getting a 64gb card for my Vita and the prices are still freaking rickdickulous.
Am I right in assuming that we have more or less given up on them being reduced in price or releasing a 128gb card?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think 128 is possible.

I shudder to think of the price though. It'll also be Japanese only. (A net benefit if the yen keeps tanking though)

Bought Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for $8.05 tonight! I bought the Japanese version on launch day and beat it on Hard, but never got to experience the awesome English dub (made possible by the cool dudes at 8-4!). Plus, I got the DLC for free from the NA store a while back, but it's not compatible with a non-NA version, so now I can finally check it out.

Top Bottom