• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Maid

Banned
PlayStation, Meet Spotify

Prior to the launch of Spotify on PlayStation Music, the Music Unlimited service will close in all 19 countries on March 29, 2015. Nearly all of these countries will be among the 41 markets where PlayStation Music featuring Spotify will be available at launch, including the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Brazil. From February 28, 2015, Music Unlimited users with active subscriptions will receive free access to Music Unlimited through March 29, 2015.

I think this is related to the thread anyway.

So apparantly from now on only PS4 games will get a deal of the week on PSN. Sony aren't even pretending to give a shit about Vita anymore.

Did they specific that? No PS3 too?

Maid

Banned
No PS3 either. But then PS3 isn't less than 3 years old and the successor has been out for over a year so I don't see that as a big deal really. Vita should still be getting enough attention from Sony.

At this point I would have stopped pretending that Sony does care a little about anything that's not named PS4, too.

Chuy

So apparantly from now on only PS4 games will get a deal of the week on PSN. Sony aren't even pretending to give a shit about Vita anymore.
Why would they? I mean they've openly stated they're not going to support the system before so this shouldn't really be a surprise

Really? That's lame. Hopefully they're well represented in regular sales.
That's what i hoping for as well seeing since they're not going to be part of weekly deals i'm hopeful for when they do go on sale the discount on vita games will greater.

Not familiar with Spotify but it has to be better than Music Unlimited. As a subscriber to Music Unlimited for the last year I can say Music Unlimited SUCKS. So you can create playlists painfully on you PC but you can't use that on the PS4. The "Premium Channels" are repetitious and play the same weird selection of 50 songs. (Folk and Country should not be on one channel as Carrie Underwood should not come after the Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel.) One time it just played the same song twice in a row. The Vita interface is weirdly better than the PS4 version. Spotify has to be better than Music Unlimited. The actual control of adjusting volume and changing songs with the Playstation button menu is actually awesome so I am hoping that this will be used with Spotify. I guess Vita won't get Spotify but I am OK with that now that I have a good smartphone.

I just want to chill to smooth jazz while playing Pure Pool and old school country while playing Super Mega Baseball.

Hackbert

ohh. i welcome the spotify partnership. no huddle of loading the music onto a stick, just pick a nice playlist and chilling with driveclub or something like that... nice

ohh. i welcome the spotify partnership. no huddle of loading the music onto a stick, just pick a nice playlist and chilling with driveclub or something like that... nice

Yeah but it looks like will be only paid subscribers on PS4. $10 a month is the same as my Music Unlimited so this can only be good for me.

autoduelist

I was obviously not clear, all that i said was referring to an imaginary mana based game without potions and items that emulate spells effects, if you re-read my post with that in mind it will make sense.

I guess my issue with that is that it is imaginary... I'm a item/potion hoarder in games and so it always breaks balance... I have so much mana/health at my fingertips by mid-game balance is generally broken.

In a game like that you can choose freely what to use, but the mana cannot be replenished so the dilemma of using a spell or not is there, that's why you should choose wisely the right spell for the right situation, if you cast an expensive greater fireball you won't be able to cast a greater whatever later and in general you will be able to cast other spells few times, this system would be even more punishing that the D&D one because the use of a spell directly affects the number of uses of all the spells, unlike the D&D system.

Oh, I'd be okay with that. I just can't really think of any games where you're truly mana-starved except for the one I mentioned before, Bard's Tale.

The D&D system also kills the immersion for me, i'm no more able to cast lesser fireballs but i'm able to cast greater fireballs? What? Use the power you have for greater fireballs to cast lesser fireballs! That happens because spells are conceived as scrolls or even better as various kinds of firearms and spells usage are conceived as compatible bullets, level 1 spells can be imagined as various types of guns and spells usage are the gun bullets, if you finish gun bullets you can still use bazookas, but that's not how i conceive magic!

Well, i think that issue is just a result of how, as you say, you 'conceive magic'. Magic systems don't phase me as long as they're good and make sense in the game world. It's been awhile since I played Ultima games, but iirc you had to find herbs and mix them together to create your spells. That was pretty cool. Different systems, different games.

Returning in the rpg space, if i'm going into a lava level and you give me limits then let me get rid of fire spells so i can make space for ice spells.

While I understand what you're getting at here, I don't know that this would actually benefit gameplay. I feel like it would add a layer of micromanagement that... might help? But I like the idea that you have a limited number of Ice spells, and thus need to decide when to cast your precious ice spells against the Lava Demons, and when to just use some non-preferred spells like Lightning that don't do as much damage.

Don't forget that even without potion limitations games can be hard, without mana potions they would be impossible, it means that they are designed with that in mind, so they are balanced.

In theory, yes, but most games [of all types] aren't balanced well. I'm usually mana and cash rich by midgame in... every game. Like, filthy rich, with more potions than I could ever use (usually because I don't use -any- potions if i can help it, I hoard items).

SerTapTap

How's the IQ on uppercase F second? I still have Theatrhythm and Bon Appetit to limply flail my way through, was kinda hoping they'd have a PS4 version announced by now.

Crazy the first one is $60 used on Amazon for PS3. Low print run?

antibolo

Banned
How's the IQ on uppercase F second? I still have Theatrhythm and Bon Appetit to limply flail my way through, was kinda hoping they'd have a PS4 version announced by now.

Crazy the first one is $60 used on Amazon for PS3. Low print run?

Both PS3 games are 1080p 30fps.

BTW the sequel is spelled with an uppercase F on both PS3 and Vita versions. Only the first Vita game used a stylized cursive f.

antibolo

Banned
1080p is better than expected, no AA I assume?

booo RIP project Diva lowercase f

I'm no expert on AA but I think it does. The PS3 games look absolutely gorgeous, they also use higher resolution textures than on Vita.

I think they switched to uppercase for PS3 to signify that it was an expanded version. But then for the sequel they released both versions simultaneously with exactly the same content so there was no reason to go back to lowercase.

Massa

Damn :(, that is the most used app I have on my Vita.....such a perfect YouTube machine :').

Guess Sony isn't paying them enough to support the app on Vita? Either way this does suck :(.

Youtube works better in the browser than in the app already.

My understanding of the problems with Noire's game are that:

- It's a bit of a "beginner" SRPG that doesn't have a massive amount of challenge.

- Noire's character is changed too much because the story writer had never played a Neptunia game before working on it (problems with making her too weak-minded and having everything done by the player character)

- The end credits sequence is not retro like every other Neptunia game.

None of those things put me off. I'll still be buying it (not the LE, though).

I got these emails from NISA:

Dear Valued Customer,

We need your help to process your preorder on time!

As some of you may have already noticed, the Paypal authorization for the preorder you placed with us has expired in Paypal. But please do not worry. Your copy of the game is still reserved. Your order is still in our system and waiting to be processed.

The only problem now is we cannot capture the payment for your order from our system. This happened because of a mistake we made in the way we originally set up our payment system on our new store website. We realized there was a problem on January 6th and fixed it so that this will not happen on orders placed after that date. But we could not fix the orders already placed no matter what we tried. We really are very sorry for the inconvenience!

Please help us to process your order as quickly as possible by:
· Manually sending us the payment for your order through Paypal to our store@nisamerica.com account.
· Please make sure to reference your order number so that we can easily apply your payment to your order and get it on its way. Your order ID is [*********]

If you need further assistance please contact customer support. However, please understand that this problem affected many customers. We are a small company and if we get many inquiries all at one time we may not be able to respond and process the orders as quickly as possible. Therefore, it will help us greatly if you contact us about this problem only if you cannot make your payment to us through Paypal as requested and require an alternative.

We appreciate your understanding and, again, we are very, very sorry for the trouble! Thank you for your patience as we work hard to correct this issue!

Sincerely,

NISA Online Store
http://store.nisamerica.com/
storesupport@nisamerica.com
(714) 540-1185

One for Firefly LE too. Criminal Girls is supposed to ship next week, I barely trust this solicitation for manual payment as is, and paypal's not even letting me transfer money to their store account... and like I couldn't reach them before, I still can't get an email reply or an answer on the phone. Hell, every other time I go to the site, I can't log in. It's like it disables to safeguard against potential sales errors during maintenance periods or something.

Last couple times I've talked about this ITT some people've said they got through to them no problems, but customer service is non-existent for me. After I get Firefly Diaries (hopefully), I'm not buying anything direct from NISA again. With Vita finally on it's way out, I won't need to anyway.

SerTapTap

Last couple times I've talked about this ITT some people've said they got through to them no problems, but customer service is non-existent for me. After I get Firefly Diaries (hopefully), I'm not buying anything direct from NISA again. With Vita finally on it's way out, I won't need to anyway.

Lame, hope you can get it resolved. I don't have one of these for firefly, yet anyway.

Wouldn't be so sure about the bolded. I imagine games will continue coming out for the Vita for years, Sony just won't do much with it themselves. They don't have much reason to just drop it when devs are constantly making games for it of their own accord.

SerTapTap

Now that's more like it.

I haven't heard the greatest things either but I don't think it can be worse than PP. At least this should be a real, somewhat engaging game. But if it is... yikes.

PP was funny though and had great voice acting and personality. The above stuff makes it sound like the writer of this didn't even get that part right. I'm not sure I can see a non-Disgaea SRPG making up for story with gameplay (not that disgaea is lacking in characters/story anyway)

It's a Sting srpg, right? It can't be terrible, even though their games are love it/hate it due to their trademarke UI/Hud bombardments and kinda forgettable settings/chars. They know what they're doing with mechanics and systems, it's cool to see a polygonal game from them and I like the chibi Neptunia look. Gungnir on PSP was a gem to me, so another gird-based srpg from them is right up my alley.

SerTapTap

It's a Sting srpg, right? It can't be terrible, even though their games are love it/hate it due to their trademarke UI/Hud bombardments and kinda forgettable settings/chars. They know what they're doing with mechanics and systems, it's cool to see a polygonal game from them and I like the chibi Neptunia look. Gungnir on PSP was a gem to me, so another gird-based srpg from them is right up my alley.

Can't decide if I slightly like or hate the chibis. Suffering two DSes worth of "chibi because we can't do anything else" has soured me on it even though I actually like (2D) chibis just fine

also physical carts arg. I'm already balancing Freedom Wars, SK Versus (done except the DLC chars) soon to be Neptunia 2, plus like 3 games on my 3DS. Wish I didn't like physical. Wish I weren't tantalized by their pretty boxes and artbooks

MQX

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...dango-remastered-life-strange/#comment-607357
"Deal of the week will be PS4 focussed going forward. You will still find Vita and PS3 content on offer in other promotions throughout the year, though."
I guess this is it
for Vita deals and hoping that Battle Princess of Arcadias will be on sale ;_;

Also I found this on the blog:
Magical Beat (demo available)
Not available Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine,
Price:£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95
maxresdefault.jpg
ASW USA being ASW USA as always ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shizuka

I'm getting Hyperdevotion Noire because it's developed by Sting, but it'll be my only Neptunia game until Nep U comes out. I found out that Rebirth removed everything I liked from the original game and I'm not getting the sequel before finishing the first game.

SerTapTap

I guess this is it
for Vita deals and hoping that Battle Princess of Arcadias will be on sale ;_;

Battle Princess of Arcadias was on sale a while ago. Also they'll still be on sale in "big" sales I assume and probably the fairly frequent sales anyway. Can't imagine they'd stop entirely, especially since the PS4 still doesn't have a big backlog of quality but old stuff they can hock for low prices without hurting retail price and such.

autoduelist

Man, I made the mistake of going into that youtube thread. Every little thing is 'vita is doomed/dead' nowadays, even though it only actually affects like 1% of the existing vita populaion. Near? C'mon, it was a tchotchke app at best that most people would have deleted from their vita if they could have. Youtube? Out of Sony's control, and we have the browser still, which is fine by me.

Better to have them? Sure, I guess. Vita doomed? No more or less than it was yesterday before we got this news. Plenty of games still coming out.

Some people in that thread are acting like Sony beats their dog.

I heard that, but isn't it by Sting, which is apparently a good thing? Blerg. I want that scroll and art book. Why couldn't it be a crappy character like Ram

Don't know anything about the series (own some, haven't played yet) but yes, Sting takes a ton of chances in their rpgs/srpgs and creates completely new rpg mechanics, for better or worse. Riveria, Gungnir, Yggdra...

Top Bottom