• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

SerTapTap

Don't know anything about the series (own some, haven't played yet) but yes, Sting takes a ton of chances in their rpgs/srpgs and creates completely new rpg mechanics, for better or worse. Riveria, Gungnir, Yggdra...

Oh right, they were Yggdra. Game's kinda ruined by the missables but other than that (and some difficulty spikes) I really like it. But damn those missables holy shit what jesus

antibolo

Banned
Arc System Works USA strikes again lol

"How do I digital distribution to all countries in a given region"

Oh and their latest tweet claims it has "dropped INTERNATIONALLY!".

Bunch of fucking idiots. It's like they're doing it on purpose at this point.

I was pretty surprised when I logged onto my Vita to see Magical Beat in the store today.

ASW:

- Fantasy Hero Europe when?

- Damascus Gear west when?

:(

ZeroAKA

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting has started! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in January 2015. You can either PM me on GAF (which I prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below or your PM may be ignored:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)

Two games are tied right now.

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting has started! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in January 2015. You can either PM me on GAF (which I prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below or your PM may be ignored:

Two games are tied right now.

Can't wait for March to hit so I can actually submit my entry. Nothing for me these past few weeks, which I don't mind so much. My funds are back to normal now after christmas lol

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Arc System Works USA strikes again lol

"How do I digital distribution to all countries in a given region"

Oh and their latest tweet claims it has "dropped INTERNATIONALLY!".

Bunch of fucking idiots. It's like they're doing it on purpose at this point.
Yeah, I hate when they say it's international. This isn't the first time either.

And there's no real Arc System Works USA, It's Arc System Works Japan who's pulling all the strings.
The @arcsystemworksu account is run by a hired PR and localization company, Strangely Compelling. And whatever company they represent they never seem very approachable. And since they are most likely the gatekeeper between English-speaking people and ASW Japan it's really frustrating.
But, they are actually making some tiny steps forward. Portugal got Magical Beat, and they were previously a non-ASW country.

(I wrote a post about this that I was going to post in the ASW hates Europe thread but surprising stuff happened so I decided to hold off, unless they lied that is)

Yeah, I hate when they say it's international. This isn't the first time either.

And there's no real Arc System Works USA, It's Arc System Works Japan who's pulling all the strings.
The @arcsystemworksu account is run by a hired PR and localization company, Strangely Compelling. And whatever company they represent they never seem very approachable. And since they are most likely the gatekeeper between English-speaking people and ASW Japan it's really frustrating.
But, they are actually making some tiny steps forward. Portugal got Magical Beat, and they were previously a non-ASW country.

(I wrote a post about this that I was going to post in the ASW hates Europe thread but surprising stuff happened so I decided to hold off, unless they lied that is)

They still haven't dropped Magical Beat in Canada, and we get 99.99999% of what the US gets. :/

bobohoro

Well no Brandish, no new sale, no Plus update either. That was pretty uneventful today, all things considered. Next week is the last chance for Brandish for me, it probably won't stand a chance in the onslaught of hunting games and quality backlog build-up due to intense addiction in the coming months.

RK128

Would have made a vote for game of the month.....but I didn't get any Vita games this month outside of the PS+ tittles :l. Duke Nukem 3D would have been a good game to vote for....but I just can't get into it for some reason :l. The Swapper would be a great vote for me :D....but it didn't come out this month :l.

Oh well, Brandish seems to be a great game from you guys posts on it, so it should win the game of the month I think :). Would get it myself.....but I want to save up for upcoming games next month.

MM is one of my favorite Zelda games of all time, so getting that on my new 2DS, now THAT is a great way to use the thing :D.

Zhao_Yun

Too bad Brandish hasn't been released in the EU yet. Don't have anything else to vote for (only playing FFXIV and FF Tactics at he moment) :(

RK128

wilflare

....Does this mean their will be more PS4-focused sales doing forward? If so....isn't that expected :l? The system has been out for one year so far, so its library of games is large enough now to warent more sales for the system :).

The Vita and PS3 have a ton of games, so their will be sales for both of those for a very long time :D.

not really - the PS4 games library is only starting to get all the big first party releases this year (2015) shrugs idk

RK128

not really - the PS4 games library is only starting to get all the big first party releases this year (2015) shrugs idk

Oh, okay :). Guess I just didn't understand you post then....sorry about that wilflare :(.

Is the point you were making that SCEE is having less focus on Vita in terms of sales in terms of pushing that? I can see the issue then (as the Vita frequently gets the most sales on PSN) but who knows :l. Guess we will see what happens in the coming months :).

I just keep forgetting about LINE. I started school and between that and work and hanging out with my friends my spare time isn't what it used to be.

Finally playing some Brandish. I barely remember renting the SNES game, but I like it. Real PS1 throwback feel to it with the look and music.

Did you try Fat Princess: Piece of Cake? It's free and surprisingly fairly fun.

I'll be honest with you it just didn't click with me lol. However, my Vita is gonna get some heavy use in March, with Tokyo Ghost Hunters and Operation Abyss (maybe some indies too) and Type-0 through remote play. My February belongs to the n3DS.

I'll be honest with you it just didn't click with me lol. However, my Vita is gonna get some heavy use in March, with Tokyo Ghost Hunters and Operation Abyss (maybe some indies too) and Type-0 through remote play. My February belongs to the n3DS.

Ah, yeah, I get that.

And it's the same for me. March is going to be a busy month for my Vita and PS4, while February will be 3DS. Although, isn't Operation Abyss April? I get what you're saying regardless.

So I'm thinking of getting Citizens of Earth as I just played through Costume quest 2 and really loved it, and am on a bit of a quirky rpg streak. [costume quest is basically a action rpg kind of lol]

So any opinions on citizens of earth?

And PS4 or PS Vita? Does it run well on Vita?

Edit: Trying to do some research so as not to ask too much.

Seems to be a vita review for it here?

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Citizens+of+Earth/review.asp?c=63535

Also, the presence of some glitches and bugs will leave the taste of an unfinished game in your mouth. When you're slogging away earning exp point after exp point, to suddenly lose it in a system crash is not a pleasant feeling.

Can anyone confirm a similar experience on Vita?

Eh thinking I'll go PS4 if I do get it and try remote play. Loading between rooms sounds not fun

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...h-review-charm-turns-tedium-ps-vita/#/slide/1

After playing Citizens of Earth for a few hours, a few things really started to grate on me. First of all, I played this game on the PS Vita. That&#8217;s the code we received for our review. On the PS Vita, there&#8217;s a loading screen between every single room. Given the game&#8217;s art style and, how can I put this, lack of graphical prowess, it&#8217;s odd that play is constantly interrupted for loading.

Also appears to be a port of the 3DS version?

http://www.gamerstemple.com/game-reviews/vita/9248/citizens-of-earth-review

I honestly had a bigger problem with something else - the graphics. Huh? Jason NEVER cuts points for graphics! I have to here, as the Vita's screen resolution confirms that this is, like a lot of games previous, not a port of the version from consoles. This is a port of the 3DS game (the games are the same across all platforms, the graphical fidelity is not) and parts of it look fuzzy and out of focus. If you've played a recent LEGO game on the Vita, you know what I'm talking about here. The ever-present portrait of Mr. Vice President is where you'll see this best; it is almost always on the lower left hand corner of the screen and it is noticeably low res and blurry. This doesn't really affect the game in any way, but Vita players will notice immediately that the title looks a lot less sharp than it should.

So yeah Vita version supposedly has glitches/bugs, loading between every room and is sub-native for the vita display. So PS4 version if anything then

Ah, yeah, I get that.

And it's the same for me. March is going to be a busy month for my Vita and PS4, while February will be 3DS. Although, isn't Operation Abyss April? I get what you're saying regardless.

Yeah late March - early April was what I meant aha. Then in late April- early May, the Asian copy of SAO Lost Song should be out, and at the end of that month the Goliath of the year: The Witcher 3. Fuck, so many amazing games.

Speaking of amazing games, seeing that Red Hook has said that Darkest Dungeon won't drop until the middle of the year on the PS4/PSVita, I'm gonna get it on my PC next week and then pray for a cross-save/cross-platform feature for when it does come to the sony platforms.

Maid

Banned
Speaking of amazing games, seeing that Red Hook has said that Darkest Dungeon won't drop until the middle of the year on the PS4/PSVita, I'm gonna get it on my PC next week and then pray for a cross-save/cross-platform feature for when it does come to the sony platforms.

Has there been any game has cross-save between PC and PS4/Vita? I can't remember a single one.

Top Bottom