• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Tapejara

My floor is carpet so that's out of the question. I could put one of the consoles inside the cabinet, but I'm worried about them not getting enough ventilation inside of it.

I kept my PS3 in a cabinet and only had to replace it three times.

My PS4 and 360 are in a cabinet but it's well ventilated. I keep the cabinet door open so the air circulates better.

I've been thinking this thread should be community for months so I'm fine with it. I think those who come to this thread for questions will be at a bit of a loss, though.

SerTapTap

I've been thinking this thread should be community for months so I'm fine with it. I think those who come to this thread for questions will be at a bit of a loss, though.

Oddly the Steam thread seems to be in Gaming (for now) but Live and PSN threads are community

Nintendo Downloads is also Gaming and I'm very confused

Gamerloid

Community huh? So does this mean VitaGAF can return? We've been reduced to a community thread which was refused before.

Oddly the Steam thread seems to be in Gaming (for now) but Live and PSN threads are community

Nintendo Downloads is also Gaming and I'm very confused

Those threads don't seem to get as active as this one, while still being very conversational. I think this is a better fit for community than those, but they should probably be moved, too. Honestly I spend almost all my time in community threads (dota, pokemans, etc.) so I've got no issue.

ZeroAKA

Community huh? So does this mean VitaGAF can return? We've been reduced to a community thread which was refused before.
This is VitaGAF.

Those threads don't seem to get as active as this one, while still being very conversational. I think this is a better fit for community than those, but they should probably be moved, too. Honestly I spend almost all my time in community threads (dota, pokemans, etc.) so I've got no issue.
The Steam threads are some of the most active threads on GAF.

ZeroAKA

Since we're in comm, can we go back to fancy thread titles next month?

You didn't subscribe to your own thread?
I'm too lazy to come up with thread titles. You guys are going to suggest some for me.

I never felt the need to use subscriptions.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I'm sorry :(. Can't believe memory cards can die like that (as they are always in the system, so....how can they die; do they short out or something?).....
It's flash memory, it'll always die eventually as it has a limited number of writes/erases. If it goes bad sooner rather than later it could be due to any number of things including manufacturing defects, file system corruption, bad failed block masking mechanism etc. Really nothing we can do about it since it's Sony's proprietary format and we just have to take it. If the Vita had accepted SD/MicroSD then you could at least buy a higher quality brand to avoid a few of the aforementioned problems. They'd also be available for a long long time whereas Vita memory cards will eventually stop being produced.

IMO it's all leftover consequence of PSP piracy. If that never happened Sony wouldn't have needed to R&D a new proprietary format (and charge so much for it) to try and lock the Vita down so hard.

Maedhros

Oh, so the thread is here.

Well guys, good luck in the new section. I'm sure I'll forget about this topic now, since it's on a section I don't even visit at all.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It blows my mind that there are people who don't use the subscribe feature. Seriously, being in Community changes nothing if you just subscribe to the thread.

wilflare

It blows my mind that there are people who don't use the subscribe feature. Seriously, being in Community changes nothing if you just subscribe to the thread.

it's not about regulars not being able to find it (I use the subscribe feature)
it's about how new people may not be able to find this

Tizoc

Why do I have to wait until tomorrow for BOI:R

I WANT IT NOW.

grace.gif

Tapejara

Seeing as we're talking about purging friends lists, I'll say what I always say: hopefully Sony gives us the option to put friends in group or to give players nicknames. Until then, I'll continue to keep my GAF name in my profile, but that's hardly a solution.

---

On the topic of thread subscriptions:

Yeah, I have a subscription to each month's thread. But I usually visit when I see it on the front page of the gaming section. I rarely check my subscriptions unless it's for the Trophy/Achievement thread. This one's usually popular enough that I can find it on the first three pages.

maouvin

Oh, so the thread is here.

Well guys, good luck in the new section. I'm sure I'll forget about this topic now, since it's on a section I don't even visit at all.

Just subscribe. It's all the rage.
I was amazed when my account got approved and I could subscribe. All the possibilities.

(I use the subscribe feature)

See? That's how you do it!

And I'm expecting a mod to show up soon and share some words about the forum change.
Any minute now.

Does reddit not spawn white knights everywhere if you try a topic of games like Criminal Girls?

If so, I might finally try joining reddit.

The issue I have with reddit is that people are way more interested in saying something others like than what they think, or what is true.

Well, this is it for vita gaf, Gonna stick with reddit now. Please create new threads for new news, guys.

Also this is so fatalist lol...

autoduelist

I don't mean to call y'all out for bad memories, but... y'all got terrible memories, at least based on 5 minutes of research.

I've bought Strider, Sportsfriends and Hohokum day 1 and they've been on Plus a few months later. I don't mind though as I feel I got my money's worth.

Strider -- released Feb, on PS+ in July. That's 4 months+. Also note there isn't a ton of ps4 games, so quicker turnaround is understandable.

Sports Friends -- May 6th, ps+ Sept 2. That's almost exactly 4 months.

Hohokum -- never been on plus at all.

I don't think there have been cases like this recently, though. Stealth Inc was one of the worst, it was on PS+ less than 2 months after release.

Stealth Inc. released in July 2013. It was on ps+ April 8th, 2014. That's a huge time gap. Definitely far more than 2 months, not less.

I remember Jet Set Radio HD (November release, January PS+) pretty well because it was PS+ in the US on day 1 but not in the EU. SNIP

From what I can tell, Jet Set Radio HD released for PS3 in Sept, 2012, not Nov.
It wasn't on PS+ till July 2013. That's a long time.

Jet Set Radio Vita was released Nov 20th, and put on ps+ on Nov 20th, so was a Day 1.

MORAL OF THE STORY -- sometimes it feels like you just bought the game, but really, you didn't. The smallest gap of any example so far was 4 months, which seems a fair amount of time to me, and that was during the ps4 launch window while there weren't many games that could be on ps+ in the first place.

Sources --
PS+ release date: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)
Actual release date -- googling, usually then going to blog + wiki pages for verification.

I thought Netflix had "no support plans" for PSTV.

Never believe a random customer service rep about something like that. It makes no sense, Netflix wants to be on everything. Other reps have already said the opposite.

Don't most regulars subscribe to the thread anyway?

No, i don't. I guess I have to? But i navigate gaf based on the main forum screen. This change sucks for me.

The issue I have with reddit is that people are way more interested in saying something others like than what they think, or what is true.
Yep. I also hate how reddit looks, just seems like a mess. If I were to leave the psn thread I'd start posting on the vita lounge instead.

Tapejara

Does reddit not spawn white knights everywhere if you try a topic of games like Criminal Girls?

If so, I might finally try joining reddit.

I think there's a valid argument to be made about Criminal Girls depiction of women and sexual violence. The general GAF reaction may have been hyperbolic, but having issues with the game doesn't make one a "whiteknight."
I have problems with the game, but I bought two copies of Shinovi Versus on day one. Am I whiteknight?

ZeroAKA

Oh well, one less reason to check the Gaming Discussions section. I'm tempted to just post my PDF 2nd OT in Community.

A patch has been released, I'm 80% into "tutorial" and 30% into campaign, so I've played for quite a few hours, and so far no crashes or save corruption. I'm uploading my saves every once and then to be sure

Sweet. Thanks for letting me know. I try to do a sweep on my game bubbles once in awhile to check for patches, but probably wouldn't have known for awhile.

Nampad posted:

I asked for examples. Several people gave them. So far, all are incorrect and actually came out at least 4 months after release, some almost a year. One example wasn't even on ps+ at all.

I'd like to say I enjoy reading your posts. Always articulate and accurate. :B

maouvin

I asked for examples. Several people gave them. So far, all are incorrect and actually came out at least 4 months after release, some almost a year. One example wasn't even on ps+ at all.

Surge Deluxe was added to PS+ what, 2 or 3 months after launch, no?
Can't really remember any others. Might be the only one if so.

autoduelist

Surge Deluxe was added to PS+ what, 2 or 3 months after launch, no?
Can't really remember any others. Might be the only one if so.

Let's see.
Release date Feb 4th.
http://www.ign.com/cheats/games/surge-deluxe-vita-20007084

On ps+ May 20th.

So... almost 4 months, the shortest found so far. Still a reasonable amount of time imo. If it's not going to be Day 1, and we still want 'new' games, somewhere in the 3-5 month period seems quite fair to me. So far, it seems Sony aims for 'close to' 4 months as the soonest they'll put something on ps+, and even that is fairly rare.

Obviously, something like FSP and it's being on ps3 ps+ soon after coming out for vita is also a possibility, but that sure seems like a outlier to me.

Maedhros

I don't use 90% of the features the forum offers. I find them a hassle. Sorry man.

EDIT: I'll try to use this. I just don't see myself looking at my subscriptions at all, which is not that different from clicking on a tab.

SerTapTap

I do subscribe, but I find threads via the front page. I didn't find this month's Nintendo Downloads thread until this whole kerfluffle reminded me it even existed. But I follow it much less closely than the PSN one

Top Bottom