• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Shizuka

Deep down, I'm still hoping after the Store is updated tomorrow, Frozen Synapse Prime will be cross-buy and free for PS+.

TOTP: Buy Freedom Wars (Vita).

Omerta

I'm not one to complain about ps plus offerings but I'm a little disappointed that FSP isn't cross buy.

I don't really want to play anything on my PS3 anymore and that's a game that I was really looking forward to taking on the go.

I'll buy it (eventually) but I definitely feel like it's a bit of an empty offering.

nampad

Deep down, I'm still hoping after the Store is updated tomorrow, Frozen Synapse Prime will be cross-buy and free for PS+.

TOTP: Buy Freedom Wars (Vita).

Me too. I wanted to buy the game but it released when I couldn't.
Now with it being free for PS3 it feels dumb to buy it again for Vita, especially because it isn't cheap.

The release decision kind of makes Vita owners pissed.

VLiberty

Now with it being free for PS3 it feels dumb to buy it again for Vita, especially because it isn't cheap.

On the other hand it would piss off those who bought the game on day one, a month ago. And as you said, it isn't cheap.

That's how I feel with every game I got for PS3/4 which isn't cross buy,like Dead Nation or NFS Most Wanted

SerTapTap

No, PayPal also checks for matching country. And besides the Japanese PSN doesn't even support PayPal last time I checked.

You need to buy a prepaid card code. Nippon Yasan has decent prices (but they still charge extra, you can't escape it).

Ugh. "Digital Importing" shouldn't even be necessary, having to actually buy a magic card printed in japan to do it is just a slap in the face. Still, sometime I might splurge on a $100 equivalent card and get that toro theme, JP PS+ (is it significantly different? I know they get demos we don't) and some weird crap I can't get otherwise.

On the other hand it would piss off those who bought the game on day one, a month ago. And as you said, it isn't cheap.

That's how I feel with every game I got for PS3/4 which isn't cross buy,like Dead Nation or NFS Most Wanted

With my Vita as a secondary device I really can't justify rebuying, but crossbuy will push me over the edge for something I only sorta want.

SerTapTap

Once Binding of Isaac is out I will stop being salty at Sony for fucking up rest mode. They will have appeased me.

BTW I tried their "update firmware" trick to try and fix rest mode. It worked...for one cycle. Don't bother. They finally acknowledged it on Twitter though, hopefully a fix is coming soon. I'm just turning it all the way off now, but damn it is hard to break the muscle memory.

BTW I tried their "update firmware" trick to try and fix rest mode. It worked...for one cycle. Don't bother. They finally acknowledged it on Twitter though, hopefully a fix is coming soon. I'm just turning it all the way off now, but damn it is hard to break the muscle memory.

Haha that's the main reason I'm bummed, I always put it in rest out of habit and only realize what I'm done as I watch the spinning blue circle in horror as my PS4 gasps for one last breath.
Didn't know they finally acknowledged it on Twitter though! At least it's something!

Played some of the new Vita stuff.

Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror - $8 Vita Only

Really fun puzzle game. Use touch controls to place certain object at certain points to scare different characters away from the house. You have to do a lot of trial and error to figure out how the different objects will work with different characters that can often be immune. Can be challenging. Graphics and presentation are not very good. The music is super annoying. Great game to casually play while watching TV.

8/10

D2UNAni.jpg

Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops - $8 Vita/PS3

This game is obviously a phone port. The addition of dual sticks makes this game a little too easy. Everything besides moving and shooting requires touch controls. I found it kinda boring. The game does look good and run well on Vita. Hogs 830MB of precious Vita memory. Has an upgrade system that surprising does not have in app purchases which must have been cut from the phone version. Everything else seems like it was meant for a free to play phone game. In game Cross Save is there for the PS3 version.

6/10

YOXIL8K.jpg

Delta Strike : First Assault - $5 Playstation Mobile

Bought the Playstation Mobile Vita version as I had to see if somebody actually created a air combat game for the platform. The game's screenshots are deceiving as you are just going down tunnels every time. Shooting things, if you can actually aim at something, is actually worse as the explosion will often kill you. At the end of the level is a terrible quicktime event that I could never figure out how to hit. Restarting the level requires a slow loading screen everytime. Do not buy.

3/10

jHFqc0L.jpg

Has there actually been any mention of when Costume Quest 2 will be out on the UK store?

Was really looking forward to getting that for my wife (She loved the first) yet only through crawling through google did I find any mention about it not coming out when advertised because of certification problems. Pretty poor communications all around.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

I bougt the game half a day before the ps plus announcement. Still sucks to think about it.

SerTapTap

I bougt the game half a day before the ps plus announcement. Still sucks to think about it.

I thought they weren't going to release games that were fairly recent because of that sort of thing, not even 2 months in this case, is it? Day 1s are obviously an exception as you couldn't have bought it before the release date (I don't think PS+ at launch games have ever had preorder/preload, which come to think of it is a potential hint)

Tizoc

Has there actually been any mention of when Costume Quest 2 will be out on the UK store?

Was really looking forward to getting that for my wife (She loved the first) yet only through crawling through google did I find any mention about it not coming out when advertised because of certification problems. Pretty poor communications all around.

Why not get it from US PSN instead?

SerTapTap

Speaking of UK PSN, if I were to create an EU PSN account (I've already had an issue where being US delayed my access to review a game), are there any gotchas I should look out for? Probably not actually going to buy anything on the account. I already made a Japanese account to claim some JP DLC, only annoying part there was making up a valid-sounding Japanese address. Should I make it UK or some other nation or does it matter?

nampad

I bought a lot of games day 1 that were on PS+ 1 or 2 months afterwards.

Why not get it from US PSN instead?
Main reason is I have been using my PSN account since just after the release of PS3 and have hundreds of games on my account so I prefer not to split them up between different region accounts.

I do have a US account but that was mainly for demo’s back in the early days of PS3.

Not feeling like getting the vita after seeing total..and I assume the total is w/o shipping.

271+18 =/

Can't stress how worth it it is. For me, having a Vita would supply a lot more fun than a PS4 and XB1, and because of the oddity it is, it's very interesting to talk about and experience. I still play other things aside from my Vita, but I rarely ever talk about it, the other stuff is not as interesting to me. Only thing I have to look forward to this year on consoles is Guilty Gear Xrd, and I've been getting misc games on sale for Steam but nothing worth talking about.

Speaking of UK PSN, if I were to create an EU PSN account (I've already had an issue where being US delayed my access to review a game), are there any gotchas I should look out for? Probably not actually going to buy anything on the account. I already made a Japanese account to claim some JP DLC, only annoying part there was making up a valid-sounding Japanese address. Should I make it UK or some other nation or does it matter?

There are minor differences between the EU stores, so I would play it safe and make an UK account, it's my observation that the UK store never gets the short stick.

Past

After owning the Vita Slim for about a month now, I can't play on my OLED anymore. That thing feels like a damn brick and is so ugly compared to my Slim lol.

SerTapTap

There are minor differences between the EU stores, so I would play it safe and make an UK account, it's my observation that the UK store never gets the short stick.

Hrm. I'd probably only be redeeming review codes. UK should get almost everything ASAP then? As far as code redemption is it all the same region?

Hrm. I'd probably only be redeeming review codes. UK should get almost everything ASAP then? As far as code redemption is it all the same region?
UK gets almost everything first, unless I'm mistaken. And I'm pretty sure that code redemption is all the same region.

The original Retro City Rampage is being delisted and replaced by the DX version. In case somebody still intends to buy it.

autoduelist

I have a feeling FSP went to ps3 ps+ because it didn't sell nearly as well as it should have and the devs needed to recoup at least some money. I would have expected FSP to sell really well on vita (it's perfect for a handheld) but i think the $20 price point was $5 too high and unfortunately scared many off.

I don't remember this ever happening, certainly not "a lot". Do you have any actual examples?

antibolo

Banned
Bout that RCR DX...

Meh I don't like the original game enough to pay full price for an "upgrade". Maybe if they offered a discount.

SerTapTap

Bout that RCR DX...

Meh I don't like the original game enough to pay full price for an "upgrade". Maybe if they offered a discount.

Yeah sounds like it fixes a lot of issues, but I don't really feel the urge to go back, let alone for $8.Much better way for new players to experience the game though.

Man the PS4 transition has the weirdest clash of pricing models for already released PS3/Vita indie games. New editions, partial cross by, double-secret-reverse-cross-buy, no cross buy, I'm sure every permutation possible will eventually happen at this rate (or already has).

Sarcasm

UK gets almost everything first, unless I'm mistaken. And I'm pretty sure that code redemption is all the same region.

The original Retro City Rampage is being delisted and replaced by the DX version. In case somebody still intends to buy it.

Question why would you buy the base version if its getting removed to be replaced with a DX?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Bout that RCR DX...

They are offering a discount. It's 20% off for Plus members.

With that said I thought the trial for the original game was pure garbage and the only way I'd give the full game a chance is if it went free on Plus.

SerTapTap

Question why would you buy the base version if its getting removed to be replaced with a DX?

Only sane reason would be if you're a digital collector or want to compare the two versions. For example it mildly amuses me to have both versions of Skullgirls on my PS3 (but I didn't have to pay twice for that)

They are offering a discount. It's 20% off for Plus members.

With that said I thought the trial for the original game was pure garbage and the only way I'd give the full game a chance is if it went free on Plus.

Pretty sure it was free on Plus (the earlier edition anyway)

Tizoc

Only sane reason would be if you're a digital collector or want to compare the two versions. For example it mildly amuses me to have both versions of Skullgirls on my PS3 (but I didn't have to pay twice for that)

Pretty sure it was free on Plus (the earlier edition anyway)

Yup OG game was a Plus freebie in I think Late 2012?

Finished Final Fantasy X-2 HD today. It's such a shame that the game is littered with bad missions, story and mini games, because the combat is quite good (even though I prefer the combat i FFX). It was still a nice extra to get with FFX though, but no way in hell that I'll 100% it. This is the second Final Fantasy game I finish (the first obviously being FFX), and the next one on my playlist is FFVII. The plan is to finish it before Type-0 launches.

deadfolk

UK code redemption might be distinct from the rest of EU. I know that EUR PSN money vouchers are different because of currency.

The one thing to definitely be aware of is that most UK (and IE) releases are on a Friday, two days later than the rest of EU, because that's when their retailers like to put their boxes on shelves and the publishers don't like to upset them by releasing digitally first. This normally only applies when their is also a physical release, but there are exceptions.

Yeah, as Sir TapTap said, collection or comparison reasons. The original game has also a more difficult trophyset, so if you're into that.

I picked it up in a sale for €3.99. Enjoyed it, but it had some gamebreaking bugs, for example my progression was randomly erased.

Garraboa

I don't know why, but I have sudden urge to get a PSP GO, even though I have a perfectly working PSP 1000. Maybe next year...

spadge

I don't remember this ever happening, certainly not "a lot". Do you have any actual examples?

I've bought Strider, Sportsfriends and Hohokum day 1 and they've been on Plus a few months later. I don't mind though as I feel I got my money's worth.

VLiberty

I don't think there have been cases like this recently, though. Stealth Inc was one of the worst, it was on PS+ less than 2 months after release.

This year I think the worst offenders were Surge (released in Feb, PS+ in June) and Fez (released the last week of March, PS+ in August).

Luckily I didn't buy any of those even though I wanted.

I thought they weren't going to release games that were fairly recent because of that sort of thing, not even 2 months in this case, is it? Day 1s are obviously an exception as you couldn't have bought it before the release date (I don't think PS+ at launch games have ever had preorder/preload, which come to think of it is a potential hint)

Well, "officially" they're giving away a brand new release, that's why it's not crossbuy. But if you don't care about having it for Vita specifically then yeah, it's a kick in the balls.

I don't know why, but I have sudden urge to get a PSP GO, even though I have a perfectly working PSP 1000. Maybe next year...

I went through this phase a lot of times, but then I always held off.
I don't want to pour money on new versions of systems I already own since I have to buy a Wii U and a PS4.

Top Bottom