• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Garraboa

I went through this phase a lot of times, but then I always held off.
I don't want to pour money on new versions of systems I already own since I have to buy a Wii U and a PS4.

I know it's completely unnecesary for me ATM, and it would eat off from my gaming budget this year, but damn do I have a weakness for tiny portables (still fiddle around with my Game Buy Micro from time to time even though playing it for long gives me a headache.) And I figured it'd be a more portable way of carrying all those PSP/PS1 games Sony refuses to let me transfer to Vita (The 1000 is ok, but it's a bit bulky to carry around and its faceplate got cracked a bit :/). But maybe next year, I still need to get Miku, Freedom Wars and lots of Wii U goodies first!

Really tempted to buy Walking Dead S2 for Vita--only $10.79--but I'm trying to get general impressions on the Vita performance...

1) How does the game run? Searched around on the OT and found the general consensus to be "it's okay"--I played through S1 on a iPad 3 which got occasionally stuttery, so I'm not that picky. Just want to be sure there aren't any game-breaking bugs like on the older console versions.
2) Seeing as I played through S1 on a different system, am I really going to notice the lack of narrative/decision carrythrough? No spoilers, just curious. If it's anything like going into Mass Effect 2 without a ME1 save, shouldn't bother me.

Really tempted to buy Walking Dead S2 for Vita--only $10.79--but I'm trying to get general impressions on the Vita performance...

1) How does the game run? Searched around on the OT and found the general consensus to be "it's okay"--I played through S1 on a iPad 3 which got occasionally stuttery, so I'm not that picky. Just want to be sure there aren't any game-breaking bugs like on the older console versions.
2) Seeing as I played through S1 on a different system, am I really going to notice the lack of narrative/decision carrythrough? No spoilers, just curious. If it's anything like going into Mass Effect 2 without a ME1 save, shouldn't bother me.

Answer to #1 - I played through the entirety of season 1 and 2 on Vita and theyre both perfectly playable all the way through. There are a few graphical errors in season 2 and a repeating audio track in one area of season 1, as well as some slight pauses when you choose something on-screen (which are present on pretty much every version to some degree).

Answet to #2 - Yes and no. I know the choices carry and that my game was different from a friends in some areas of season 2 due to some of the choices I've made - but I doubt you'll notice anything "wrong" about your play-though if you haven't already went through it with saved data once. You should be fine.

Answer to #1 - I played through the entirety of season 1 and 2 on Vita and theyre both perfectly playable all the way through. There are a few graphical errors in season 2 and a repeating audio track in one area of season 1, as well as some slight pauses when you choose something on-screen (which are present on pretty much every version to some degree).

Answet to #2 - Yes and no. I know the choices carry and that my game was different from a friends in some areas of season 2 due to some of the choices I've made - but I doubt you'll notice anything "wrong" about your play-though if you haven't already went through it with saved data once. You should be fine.

Thanks for the info! I'm gonna go for it.

Can't wait to see what Telltale does with Game of Thrones...

RK128

Can't get much from the sale (over spent my game budget X(; past sales really hit hard :l), so I cannot get Walk Dead Season 2, Castlevana Dracula X and GTA Vice City Stories :(.

But, tommorrow will make up for that in spades :D! Can't wait to try out Bending of Issac, Escape Plan, and Frozen Synapse Prime :). Hope that Tearaway Vita theme will come to the US this week though :l; been in EU for at least a week now...

Flandy

I need to get a stand for my Wii U or something. These guys barely even fit on the counter.

15517769989_e779191691_z.jpg

You can't see it in the photo, but like 3 inches of the PS4 or just completely off the counter :lol

delSai

Can't get much from the sale (over spent my game budget X(; past sales really hit hard :l), so I cannot get Walk Dead Season 2, Castlevana Dracula X and GTA Vice City Stories :(.

But, tommorrow will make up for that in spades :D! Can't wait to try out Bending of Issac, Escape Plan, and Frozen Synapse Prime :). Hope that Tearaway Vita theme will come to the US this week though :l; been in EU for at least a week now...
Tearaway theme is amazing. You will love it.

RK128

I need to get a stand for my Wii U or something. These guys barely even fit on the counter.

You can't see it in the photo, but like 3 inches of the PS4 or just completely off the counter :lol

Maybe you can have the PS3 stand up? I did that in the past for my PS3 and it still ran good :).

Tearaway theme is amazing. You will love it.

Saw it online myself; dat Orchids theme playing in the background man XD. Love the game, so having a theme of it on my Vita should be nice :).

Has Sony EU announced this month's PS+ selection yet? I mean, they've sent out an e-mail revealing Issac, Frozen Synapse Prime and Hungry Horde as half the selection, so it's probably safe to assume it's the US line-up, but still.

Apologies if this has been asked (countless times), but has anyone that topped up with £50 Paypal wallet credit to their PSN during October had their email with the extra £10?

Got mine, and the voucher code was via e-mail. Give it about two to three weeks.

Speaking of UK PSN, if I were to create an EU PSN account (I've already had an issue where being US delayed my access to review a game), are there any gotchas I should look out for? Probably not actually going to buy anything on the account. I already made a Japanese account to claim some JP DLC, only annoying part there was making up a valid-sounding Japanese address. Should I make it UK or some other nation or does it matter?

The only real caveat, that currency cards are country-locked, doesn't really apply to your case.

Any word or updates on the status of Netflix or Hulu Plus on the PS TV?

Netflix has given a flat "we aren't going to support the PSTV", Hulu app is in the works.

You don't have a vertical stand for your Wii U? Thought they were included in the black models

Takao

Banned
RIP My PS Vita

My 32GB card died last night. My Vita won't turn on with it in. I've tried rebuilding the database, system restores, etc. Weirdly, formatting the MC from Safe Mode errors out with a "No Memory Card inserted" message after a few minutes. I did a test and trying that option with no memory card inserted immediately brings that up.

I don't want to downgrade (I really can't since I want my PSN glitch games and I only did a full backup of the card) but $90 CAD +Shipping for a 64GB is ... ugh. Buying a 32GB card in Canada is about the same price as importing a 64GB one. Ugh.

delSai

RIP My PS Vita

My 32GB card died last night. My Vita won't turn on with it in. I've tried rebuilding the database, system restores, etc. Weirdly, formatting the MC from Safe Mode errors out with a "No Memory Card inserted" message after a few minutes. I did a test and trying that option with no memory card inserted immediately brings that up.

I don't want to downgrade (I really can't since I want my PSN glitch games and I only did a full backup of the card) but $90 CAD +Shipping for a 64GB is ... ugh. Buying a 32GB card in Canada is about the same price as importing a 64GB one. Ugh.
Oh man that sucks :(

Wynnebeck

Banned

Are you me? I got my PS3, PS4, and Wii U all next to each other like this lol.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand how memory cards crap out like this. I'm scared for mine now, thank god for PS+ cloud saves.
Also a little uneasy about this. The Vita won't have a successor so I can see Sony ending online services/support for the thing relatively quickly. While I don't expect every memory card to die, we'd be SOL for saves/patches and things like that.

Takao

Banned
Right now I'm more concerned that perhaps my Vita's memory card reader crapped out. I don't have a second card or a second Vita to test with.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I got my PS3 like that, my PS2 flat next to it with my Wii U flat on top of my PS2. My PS4 is next to those but vertical just on the edge of the table. My 360 is on the floor.

Tapejara

Woo, Freedom Wars and Wolf Among Us shipped!
Sorry Flightmare, EB Games didn't have Persona 4 when I went today.

RIP My PS Vita

D:

Sorry Flightmare, EB Games didn't have Persona 4 when I went today.
;_;
RIP My PS Vita

That sucks
Thread is in Community now? Interesting..
Didn't expect that

SerTapTap

Community?! Someone better post links to the new thread in the old one each month, I'll never remember to check the community section.

I have too many consoles to keep in one place. The PS3 and 360 ended up on the floor and the Wii U is in a different room because of it's limited gamepad range.

Not willing to put the hot consoles inside the entertainment center so I'm kinda doomed to have them all over the place. I only trust the Wii inside it because it's cool and never gets used anyway

nampad

I have a feeling FSP went to ps3 ps+ because it didn't sell nearly as well as it should have and the devs needed to recoup at least some money. I would have expected FSP to sell really well on vita (it's perfect for a handheld) but i think the $20 price point was $5 too high and unfortunately scared many off.

I don't remember this ever happening, certainly not "a lot". Do you have any actual examples?

I remember Jet Set Radio HD (November release, January PS+) pretty well because it was PS+ in the US on day 1 but not in the EU. I expected it won't come to the EU PS+ because of that and bought it, just to see it being free soon afterwards.
Stealth Bastard/Inc was released in July and an August PS+ title.

Then some titles with a 3 month window between release and PS+.

RK128

Found extra money put aside for other games (was saving it for the KH 2.5 Remix latter this year...) and got a 10 dollar code, so I now own Dracula X Chronicles and Vice City Stories :D. Both will be quite fun I think :).

This thread is now in the community tab? ....That is quite odd :l, as this IS a gaming thread with frequent news updates (game announcements, PSN store updates, ect).....guess the site itself hates the Vita now too :(.

SerTapTap

Any recommendations for the best way to stock up on PSN Buckz? I buy enough crap I should really just buy a hundred or two at the best possible price beforehand. I got $75 last christmas and it was really nice to not have to top off with a CC regularly, too

We always do that anyway

I usually noticed the new thread on the front page first

This thread is now in the community tab? ....That is quite odd :l, as this IS a gaming thread with frequent news updates (game announcements, PSN store updates, ect).....guess the site itself hates the Vita now too :(.
If it means less random people asking us to help them with their console/psn issues I'm all for it

RK128

RIP My PS Vita

Oh man, I'm sorry :(. Can't believe memory cards can die like that (as they are always in the system, so....how can they die; do they short out or something?).....

If it means anything, I started seeing 64GB memory cards in GameStop (was quite surprised by this; thought they were only sold in Japan...) for I think 130 dollars (with the Power Up rewards price being....118 dollars I think :l). Very expensive but....it beats importing I guess?

That really sucks that you MC died :(. Hope it gets fixed soon....they are way to pricey to buy over and over again X(.

Flandy

We're in the community ghetto now?

party-hard-dog-pug-when-owner-leaves-funny-animated-gif.gif

I have too many consoles to keep in one place. The PS3 and 360 ended up on the floor and the Wii U is in a different room because of it's limited gamepad range.

Not willing to put the hot consoles inside the entertainment center so I'm kinda doomed to have them all over the place. I only trust the Wii inside it because it's cool and never gets used anyway

My floor is carpet so that's out of the question. I could put one of the consoles inside the cabinet, but I'm worried about them not getting enough ventilation inside of it.

RK128

The Steam and Nintendo Downloads threads are still in Gaming Discussion...

Maybe this is an gradual shift for the console store/community threads? If the PSN Thread (which focuses on ALL PS platforms, not just the Vita) got moved into the community thread, then I'm sure the Steam and Nintendo Download ones are soon to follow suit; it is only the fairest option if they want to, I guess 'streamline' NeoGaf.

ZeroAKA

Maybe this is an gradual shift for the console store/community threads? If the PSN Thread (which focuses on ALL PS platforms, not just the Vita) got moved into the community thread, then I'm sure the Steam and Nintendo Download ones are soon to follow suit; it is only the fairest option if they want to, I guess 'streamline' NeoGaf.
Yeah, that seems to be the case. Even the iOS thread got moved.

SerTapTap

My floor is carpet so that's out of the question. I could put one of the consoles inside the cabinet, but I'm worried about them not getting enough ventilation inside of it.

*shudder* carpet.

I sawed a wide-ish hole in back of the entertainment center for ventilation and cords, but I don't really trust it for anything but the coolest of consoles. That's definitely not any of the Playstations or Xboxes. PS TV would work nicely but I ran out of ethernet cables for it over there.

Top Bottom