• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

SerTapTap

All the previous pages' posts about trophies and rubbing convinced me to finally cave in.

That's a shame because the trophies including that one are possibly my least favorite part. Combat is a lot of fun and the humor and voice acting are great (I mean, it's Japanese so I don't understand shit without subtitles, but the tone of each character is very unique and you can get the impression of emotions). Lots of content too. I'm just mopping up trophies, that rubbing one took me ages to get

TUSR

Banned
That's a shame because the trophies including that one are possibly my least favorite part. Combat is a lot of fun and the humor and voice acting are great (I mean, it's Japanese so I don't understand shit without subtitles, but the tone of each character is very unique and you can get the impression of emotions). Lots of content too. I'm just mopping up trophies, that rubbing one took me ages to get

Yeah I really have no idea what the game is about, I just heard a lot of praise for it. Guess it will take a bit to get here, Dec 11th estimated delivery date.

SerTapTap

Yeah I really have no idea what the game is about, I just heard a lot of praise for it. Guess it will take a bit to get here, Dec 11th estimated delivery date.

It's a 3D brawler about Ninja students with diverse backstories, weapons, play styles and personalities, a large amount of voice acting, story content and an online mode.

Also there's the part where their clothes fly off while they're fighting but I'm sure no one is buying it for that

SerTapTap

I imagine "and Vita" will continue to be a thing for a significant amount of indie releases throughout pretty much all of the PS4's lifespan

TUSR

Banned
It's a 3D brawler about Ninja students with diverse backstories, weapons, play styles and personalities, a large amount of voice acting, story content and an online mode.

Also there's the part where their clothes fly off while they're fighting but I'm sure no one is buying it for that

I see there is also a cooking game, judging by a few GIFs I saw ill probably pick that up too.

Is that one digital only?

Cha

Someone introduced me to Need for Speed World yesterday (the pc free to play thing). There aren't any free alphabet decals, but I manipulated a few shapes to spread some Vita love ;)
iOWivYJlbUW9b.jpg

Kinda regret selling NFS Most Wanted. Think I should have just kept it for when the urge to race cars creeps up. Probably was the most decent car racing game on the Vita.

TUSR

Banned
Someone introduced me to Need for Speed World yesterday (the pc free to play thing). There aren't any free alphabet decals, but I manipulated a few shapes to spread some Vita love ;)

Kinda regret selling NFS Most Wanted. Think I should have just kept it for when the urge to race cars creeps up. Probably was the most decent car racing game on the Vita.

NFS: MW was the highlight of the franchise for me. Soundtrack was top tier too.

SerTapTap

I see there is also a cooking game, judging by a few GIFs I saw ill probably pick that up too.

Is that one digital only?

Digital only yes. Play Versus first, the cooking game doesn't do as much characterization (it also gets worse reviews best I can tell,unsurprising as it's a side game)

Pretty impressive accuracy

SerTapTap

Although we're already getting quite a few PS4-only indie games.

Unsurprising, but the ratio of PS4+ Vita seems far higher than it ever was for PS3+ Vita. I'm surprised we get as many as we do since the Vita doesn't seem as dev friendly as PS4, but maybe they have tools to make porting from PS4 to Vita simpler or something.

I suspect this is more Sony than the Indies. I expect it to die down a bit soon.

I kinda doubt it. Haven't heard of Sony pushing devs to make Vita versions when they didn't want to, a lot of devs just seem genuinely excited to develop for a powerful handheld with real controls.

SerTapTap

I don't think Sony is wooing indies like it used to, just a couple of high-profile ones to keep the graces.

They still have pub fund, PS+-at-launch games, many of their high-ish profile releases are indies (tomorrow children, Rime, Hohokum Wild(?)). I think it's more that the surprise has worn off

Sayad

I thought this is the best place to ask this, what's the best way for none US residents to buy US PSN cards? PSN ask for credit cards with US address and Amazon does the same thing for digital codes.

maouvin

I thought this is the best place to ask this, what's the best way for none US residents to buy US PSN cards? PSN ask for credit cards with US address and Amazon does the same thing for digital codes.

Amazon. Just use an US address as "billing address" and it'll work. I do it all the time with my brazilian int'l card.

SerTapTap

I meant the PS4 exclusive indies will die down. :p

Exclusive-exclusive, possibly, but PS has done a pretty good job at getting PS exclusive indies even on PS3 (or at the very least, PS first for years, like Pixeljunk). Budget-wise I think it makes a lot of sense to greenlight lots of cheap interesting projects, and not just taper off after the start of the gen. They just need to do a better job of featuring non-retail games to get console players over the anti-digital thing (at least for digital only titles).

I think console-exclusive (eg PC + PS, no others) will continue to be common though. PS simply makes the most sense for anyone not targeting a Nintendo audience (and that's...rarely a good idea if you're not Nintendo) and Xbox's parity clause means you're basically exclusive by default unless you want to make both versions at once, and most don't.

Exclusive-exclusive, possibly, but PS has done a pretty good job at getting PS exclusive indies even on PS3 (or at the very least, PS first for years, like Pixeljunk). Budget-wise I think it makes a lot of sense to greenlight lots of cheap interesting projects, and not just taper off after the start of the gen. They just need to do a better job of featuring non-retail games to get console players over the anti-digital thing (at least for digital only titles).

I think console-exclusive (eg PC + PS, no others) will continue to be common though. PS simply makes the most sense for anyone not targeting a Nintendo audience (and that's...rarely a good idea if you're not Nintendo) and Xbox's parity clause means you're basically exclusive by default unless you want to make both versions at once, and most don't.

Yup, that's pretty much where I am. I never think to use the phrase "console exclusive" since I haven't really been invested into a console since the PS2 haha. You summed it up nicely, though.
That said, I do think indies -- during this generation -- should become higher budget and more well spread. But with that, comes a lot of moneyhatting. Honestly it's difficult to tell what will happen a few years down the road since that particular segment of the industry is very volatile.
...But I'm still betting that PS4 indies w/out a PSVita indie will be a rare thing, and we're just gonna get a influx of them around this time.

SerTapTap

There are quite a few who are, best I can tell, doing their own thing still. Assault Android Catus has no external funding that I know of, but has great production values (been crazy to watch it get polished on Early Access). Axiom Verge is amazing and it's a one man show (well, plus Dan Adelman now), I wonder how much Sony has to pay for a game like that. Whatever it is, it's worth it.

SerTapTap

All my Vita games are digital except for 2 (soon to be 3) limited editions, Tearaway which was $20 so I bought to support/have a physical copy, and Wipeout 2048 and Uncharted GA which I bought with the system before I knew how nice digital was on handheld. I still like to collect games, but damn digital is so nice, and Sony's 10% digital discount on (most) first parties is nice, also cross buy, yum

On Amazon.it there's Vita + fifa 15 at 129€

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00M1ROKY2/

What wow, wish we'd get deals like that in the US. I'm begrudgingly going to get a BL2 bundle and possibly deal with selling the code/memory card if there's nothing for black friday

Top Bottom