• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Oh, I meant native Vita horror games. Lone Survivor didn't click, but I guess I should try it again. Any tips?

Some tips I would give:

• If you run out of ammo take blue pills to replenish your stock.
  • However (potential spoiler?)
    the blue pills negatively affect your mental health.
  • Only turn on the flashlight when absolutely necessary. It's best to save up your batteries, and the light attracts (and enrages) enemies.
  • That said, if you do run out, you can take a green pill to replenish your stock.
  • All enemies can be avoided. You don't actually have to fire a single shot.
  • Aim for the head if you are going to fight.
  • Beware milk. If you drink some it will lower your health drastically, although drinking one to free up a bottle for water is recommended. Just drink it in a safe place.
  • Try to eat quality food items, and always cook the item if that's an option. It will help increase your mental health.
  • Checking your diary and radio can help give you hints.
  • Try to sleep only when necessary.
  • Talking to sleepy cat once a day also helps your mental health.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some tips, but those are some ideas off the top of my head. It's a fun game when you get into it, though it can be hard at first.

Anyway, I'm probably only going to get Tales of Hearts R this month. I want Miku, but she'll have to wait. I still need to play the first game.

Edit; Top of the page recommendation: Freedom Wars! Fun game so far.

I didn't get to enjoy Halloween, but I've decided to take a chance with the horror games I had on Steam today. Better late than never. I wish the Vita had real horror games released, it'd help waiting for Blood Drive.

i'm still waiting for blood drive idk whats the hold up, considering corpse party sells well here in the west.

Didn't think I was going to buy everything but I ended up preordering Advanced Warfare for my PS4 like a sucker. Haven't been part of a COD game in a while and this one looks interesting. Plus Kevin Spacey. We shall see how it goes, will be splitting my time between AW and Freedom Wars. I feel like I was finally able to stop grinding for no reason in Destiny. I kicked the habit :')

So many zombie games recently. I'm all for zombies but it's becoming tiring. Hopefully the trend moves to something more inventive.

VLiberty

2014-11-02-2038062fua3.jpg
lol damn

(That was my 282nd attempt at that level. And it wasn't the last one)

Takao

Banned
Lego Batman 3 handheld version described as "pushing the hardware [3DS] as far as it can", full 3D with open worlds.

I don't really care about Batman or Lego games in general, but I'm hoping this effort carries through to the rumoured Jurassic Park game. I'd also buy Lego TMNT, Transformers and the Simpsons games. One of those three will never happen while the other two are unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Lego Batman 3 handheld version described as "pushing the hardware [3DS] as far as it can", full 3D with open worlds.

I don't really care about Batman or Lego games in general, but I'm hoping this effort carries through to the rumoured Jurassic Park game. I'd also buy Lego TMNT, Transformers and the Simpsons games. One of those three will never happen while the other two are unlikely to happen anytime soon.

there's a rumoured lego jurassic park game? Talk about dinosaurs...

Number45

Apologies if this has been asked (countless times), but has anyone that topped up with £50 Paypal wallet credit to their PSN during October had their email with the extra £10?

nampad

Apologies if this has been asked (countless times), but has anyone that topped up with £50 Paypal wallet credit to their PSN during October had their email with the extra £10?

The last times I did that promotion you got a PSN message and not an Email. But the PSN message was only received on the PS3 and not the Vita.

Missed the promotion because my money arrived to late on my account and already used up the limit for the phone card top up :(

Number45

The last times I did that promotion you got a PSN message and not an Email. But the PSN message was only received on the PS3 and not the Vita.

Missed the promotion because my money arrived to late on my account and already used up the limit for the phone card top up :(
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. Hopefully it pops up on the PS4 or in the app as well!

antibolo

Banned
Still no official word on the November PS+ games huh?

I'm guessing that one of the games was pulled out at the last minute (after they made that video that is now removed) and they are still looking for a replacement.

Shizuka

I'm guessing that one of the games was pulled out at the last minute (after they made that video that is now removed) and they are still looking for a replacement.

It has been announced last week.

delSai

Yeah, it's strange. Never took them that long to post on the Blog. Only thing i read about this was that they are going to tease upcoming Ps+ Games, no clue if it's true though.
My guess is we will see Blogpost tomorrow.

RK128

They were announced a while ago; PS4 is getting Bending of Isaac and Steamworld Dig, PS3 is getting Frozen Synapse Prime and Liftarus and Vita is getting some Zombie game and Escape plan (with every game except FSP having a Vita version via Cross-buy).

The reason I guess there is no blog post is due to DriveClub PS+ Edition; either they are trying to put it up for this week, adding more games to the service (this has been the first time in quite a while that no retail game has not been on the service; the PS3 almost always gets a retail game every month...), or for some other reason :l.

I'm betting that a blog post will be up tomorrow regarding the PS+ games :).

Shizuka

So this was announced on nippon https://www.nippon-yasan.com/playst...-vita-mercuryduo-premium-limited-edition.html

Too bad the card is only 8GB.

Thhough the preorder price went down for the base model (from 194) https://www.nippon-yasan.com/playst...ht-pink-white-wi-fi-version-pch-2000za19.html

And nippon has the 64GB card for 84 bucks/super 82.

If your country doesn't charge for import taxes, I'd go for both Vita and 64GB memory card on the same order, to avoid getting one before the other and having to wait.

Sarcasm

If your country doesn't charge for import taxes, I'd go for both Vita and 64GB memory card on the same order, to avoid getting one before the other and having to wait.

I don't even know how to tell..I did the shipping calculator on nippon and most I'd pay in shipping is 18 bucks. I contacted support and they say if there was a fee it would post on the calculator.

lol damn

(That was my 282nd attempt at that level. And it wasn't the last one)

I wish I could play Joe Danger too. Did the game ever get a patch?

Every time I got to the 3rd tutorial level, my game would crash, then when I'd go back in, my save file would say it's corrupted, and I'd have to start over.

Garraboa

Every time I got to the 3rd tutorial level, my game would crash, then when I'd go back in, my save file would say it's corrupted, and I'd have to start over.

I just put my Vita in Airplane Mode when I play it. Zero crashes since it released. It's not ideal but it's the best soultion until we get a patch.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The yen is in the dumps and the exchange rate is killer right now. Just grabbed a 10000 yen psn card for only $98 on nipponyasan. Thinking of finally picking up a Vita TV for streaming purposes while I'm at it.

down 2 orth

Yeah, it's strange. Never took them that long to post on the Blog. Only thing i read about this was that they are going to tease upcoming Ps+ Games, no clue if it's true though.
My guess is we will see Blogpost tomorrow.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the driveclub debacle. It would explain why there were no retail games for this month (driveclub was the expected crowd pleaser) and why the blog people and the people doing psn updates were caught off guard.

Has Sony actually mentioned more PS4 and Vita themes anywhere? I know the theme functions just came out but I'm just curious, would love a Neptunia theme :eek:

I actually love the Four Seasons one for the Vita for its music but the black and gold icons are pretty meh, I wish we could mix and match themes :(

I'm not sure where to ask this so hopefully this is a decent place. Has anyone here used Plex to stream videos to their PS4? I mean locally, not through the internet. I read that after i set everything up, all i do is enter my IP:34000/web in the PS4 web browser, but it's not working. As soon as i hit enter i get a message saying the ps4 doesn't support the app. Any help?

Sarcasm

Man it has been years since I spent over like twenty bucks in a single order or purchase.

271 plus 18 shipping of order both at same vendor, so total of like 289 which is almost 9000 in local currency.

Gamerloid

I've only been playing Destiny recently. Works well since this semester doesn't leave me with much. Both PS4 and Vita are Destiny players, and my 3DS is an alarm clock. Wii U is on standby waiting for Smash.
What if I send you 3-5 PMs?
We should talk more and play some games together ha ha. I actually did get a PM >_>

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Has Sony actually mentioned more PS4 and Vita themes anywhere? I know the theme functions just came out but I'm just curious, would love a Neptunia theme :eek:

I actually love the Four Seasons one for the Vita for its music but the black and gold icons are pretty meh, I wish we could mix and match themes :(
If you mean game-specific ones they're up to the developer/publisher to release so start tweeting NIS.

Additional ones on the JP store currently out are Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo, Oreshika 2, and Corpse Party BD ones. Also Freedom Wars, but I think that came out in NA/EU?

ZeroAKA

So my PS4 won't turn on at all... I didn't put it on rest mode or anything.

Edit: Unplugged every cable, waited 5 minutes, and now it's stuck in safe mode. -_-

SerTapTap

If I want to add money to a JP PSN account from the US do I basically need a JP PSN card or can I use paypal (surely that must be cheaper if possible?)

So my PS4 won't turn on at all... I didn't put it on rest mode or anything.

Edit: Unplugged every cable, waited 5 minutes, and now it's stuck in safe mode. -_-

Try Update Firmware ( option 3) if you can. From Internet should work.

antibolo

Banned
If I want to add money to a JP PSN account from the US do I basically need a JP PSN card or can I use paypal (surely that must be cheaper if possible?)

No, PayPal also checks for matching country. And besides the Japanese PSN doesn't even support PayPal last time I checked.

You need to buy a prepaid card code. Nippon Yasan has decent prices (but they still charge extra, you can't escape it).

If you mean game-specific ones they're up to the developer/publisher to release so start tweeting NIS.

Additional ones on the JP store currently out are Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo, Oreshika 2, and Corpse Party BD ones. Also Freedom Wars, but I think that came out in NA/EU?

Oh I know that game-specific themes would be up to the publisher, I should have probably worded that better, sorry D: I meant if Sony mentioned new theme releases already anywhere in general. But yeah I guess you are right, it can't hurt to tweet NIS :p

And ah I see, would love to have the Oreshika theme here in EU but I guess we have to wait for the game to release here if anything. And there is a Freedom Wars theme? :eek: I can't see any on the EU store :/

Is there a way to see what has changed when installing updates on Vita? Or does it depend on the developer adding that to a release?

I remember sometimes seeing a list of the changes when installing an update, but I haven't seen it much since.

Minecraft Vita received another update, what was it about?

ShadiWulf

Is there a way to see what has changed when installing updates on Vita? Or does it depend on the developer adding that to a release?

I remember sometimes seeing a list of the changes when installing an update, but I haven't seen it much since.

Change log for Patch 1.02 - October 24th 2014

- Fixed a crash on saving a game after resetting the Nether.
- Fixed an issue causing corrupt save data after Saving/Autosave and then quickly selecting Save and Exit.
- Fixed an issue with Save Transfer causing players to lose their inventory on re-loading the save.
- Fixed a graphical issue with the Nether Portal effect.
- Fix for Host Options settings not being saved after a Save Transfer.
- Enabled support for limited time Additional Content (Downloadable Content available for a limited time on the store).

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...necraft-playstation-vita-edition-patch-change

this is the most recent update according to 4J Studios

Hypron

I got a PS4 a bit more than a week ago and I finished TLoU and the Korra game and I was wondering what to play next... After reading the OP, I realised The Binding of Isaac Rebirth will free on PS+ this month, I'm so happy now :D

Triangle->Triangle->Update History

VLiberty

I just put my Vita in Airplane Mode when I play it. Zero crashes since it released. It's not ideal but it's the best soultion until we get a patch.
A patch has been released, I'm 80% into "tutorial" and 30% into campaign, so I've played for quite a few hours, and so far no crashes or save corruption. I'm uploading my saves every once and then to be sure

Oh shit. Please be a console port.

Top Bottom