• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Sarcasm

So randomly started rainbow moon..its got me. I like it.

Though..I just heard about the limit inventory or something? Can someone who has played tell me whats this about? Any tips about it?

bobohoro

As far as I remember you won't hit the inventory cap without really trying to do it, so it shouldn't be a problem. But it's possible I get things mixed up here, since I plated the game way back when it released on the PS3, so it has been some time. Have fun, it's a nice little SRPG.

Looking forward to hearing some impressions from anyone who's got the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip. It is out today after all. Hoping it's a good port.

maouvin

Anyone got rollers of the realm? I hear about endless modes, how are them?

Why not all Namco Vita games? I'd buy the all.

Calm down, we shall not fly so close to the sun.

i was wondering , how many vita games retail and digital do you have guys? i have 35 retail games and more than 200 digital not including psp and psone.

235 games? Glorious!

I'm at 1 retail, around 80 digital (vita native).

Does noone here know how long the rollers of the realm campaign is?

EU will get it tomorow, right?

Edit: what kind of game is the browser-based JP game that got announced a couple of days ago and would something like fallen London work as a vita game given this treatment?

Edit 2: 90+ native digital and 0 retail games.

Zhao_Yun

Just got my copy of Tales of Hearts R and I am really surprised that they included a booklet! Nothing special since its only the controls in some European languages but it's nice nonetheless.

Tizoc

Some* his name was most likely there to sell the game, so the hardcore fans would feel more at ease. I really just want a modern game with his work that showcases his art style. Which is why I'm so excited for Persona 5, I want to see how Soejima's designs will shine this time around with HD consoles.

..but SMT4's story is by Kaneko, so he had a role in its development. Wasn't he also the character designer for the main human cast?

incpdo

Calm down, we shall not fly so close to the sun.

235 games? Glorious!

I'm at 1 retail, around 80 digital (vita native).
Yeah vita is the console i have spent more money . my poor 32 GB memory card suffers because of that . there are like 10 retail games I must have next year ( some of them this year)including Ys, Danganronpa 1 and 2,Minecraft, sly collection, nepreb,akiba strip and more. I enjoy a lot this console.

Ambitious

Seriously, Sony?

img_1005i8eau.png

If you don't see it: The trophy percentage is cut off for numbers with more than two digits (including decimal places).

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Already? If they release the game when the anime season is over, the game will bomb.
No chance the anime is going to be any good anyways lol. Not sure who the game's audience is going to be tbh since the gameplay definitely isn't compelling enough to draw in new fans on its own and current fans will already be playing the browser version.

Shinriji

No chance the anime is going to be any good anyways lol. Not sure who the game's audience is going to be tbh since the gameplay definitely isn't compelling enough to draw in new fans on its own and current fans will already be playing the browser version.

The game sucks, but it's popular, lol. I hope that Kancore expand the vita userbase.

Holy crap.

I was about to buy Photo Kano Kiss(already in my cart) when the leak for it's low price version (エビコレ/eb collection?) was out. 4,296 JPY, 2015/02/05 release date.

It's 1000 yen more than what a used copy is at amazon.co.jp. On the bright, it's said to have a not-shitty-PlayStationTheBest cover
(that fucking yellow The Best shit with hugeass white margins >__>)
, and also comes with unspecified DLC.

If it includes all the paid DLC on the store (which is 3600 JPY total), I'd be so happy.

On the other hand, it was one of the dev's tweet last week that reminded me about this. It'd be weird if this was the only announcement.

P.S. The PSP version had a "low budget version", complete with the PS The Best logo, priced at ~5000 JPY... -___-

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The game sucks, but it's popular, lol. I hope that Kancore expand the vita userbase.
Yeah but that's the problem, it's mostly just something to play a bit when you turn on your PC or during a break. Game isn't deep enough for sitting down and dedicatedly playing. Main reason I don't see current fans being interested is that it seems to be the same game essentially except they'd have to start over from scratch. They should've added a new story mode or dating sim elements or something (you can already marry your favorite ship in the browser version lol).

SerTapTap

Is there like a list of PS-relevant black friday deals? I really haven't been very impressed so far by most places.

It's 1000 yen more than what a used copy is at amazon.co.jp. On the bright, it's said to have a not-shitty-PlayStationTheBest cover

Why does Japan do this it's even worse than the red case of shame that the US does for "greatest hits". I have a bunch of Cave games on 360 and they're incredibly ugly. Even worse, even for brand new games Cave prints monochrome labels for their games. They're moderately valuable and a good collection to have but also some of the ugliest stuff I have in my collection.

http://gamestalk.net/kankore-3/

FUCKING FINALLY. At work. Someone make a more elaborate thread.

Is this that ship-waifu thing?

antibolo

Banned
So is the Kancolle Vita game some kind of spinoff, or just a port of the browser game?

Cause if it's just a port then why even bother? Why would anyone (in Japan) buy this?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap.

I was about to buy Photo Kano Kiss(already in my cart) when the leak for it's low price version (エビコレ/eb collection?) was out. 4,296 JPY, 2015/02/05 release date.

If it includes all the paid DLC on the store (which is 3600 JPY total), I'd be so happy.

On the other hand, it was one of the dev's tweet last week that reminded me about this. It'd be weird if this was the only announcement.

P.S. The PSP version had a "low budget version", complete with the PS The Best logo, priced at ~5000 JPY... -___-
I guess with the advent of DLC they no longer need to make エビコレ+ versions (´・ω・`)
Timeframe seems right for Enterbrain to announce a new game though. Didn't know they were going to make an announcement but hoping this isn't it.

So is the Kancolle Vita game some kind of spinoff, or just a port of the browser game?

Cause if it's just a port then why even bother? Why would anyone (in Japan) buy this?
Port with minor enhancements

Man, I really wish they'd let you buy PS3 games on the Vita store.

I want to buy Jojo on the sale, but I don't want to plug in my PS3. And the PC store always janks out on me.

SerTapTap

Man, I really wish they'd let you buy PS3 games on the Vita store.

I want to buy Jojo on the sale, but I don't want to plug in my PS3. And the PC store always janks out on me.

Web store more janky than PS3? Shouldn't be. Try the mobile web store? Worst I have to put up with on web store is long initial loading, and it's still faster than the PS3 one.

Why don't you use the web store?

It's real janky, 99% of the time I do anything on it I get Page not found! It's not you it's the internet's fault. Even direct links from the blog.

That and, jojo isn't even on it if I search for it directly for w/e reason.

Web store more janky than PS3? Shouldn't be. Try the mobile web store? Worst I have to put up with on web store is long initial loading, and it's still faster than the PS3 one.

Haven't tried the mobile site, will check it out.

Edit: Searching the mobile psn store gave me 0 matches for Jojo.

antibolo

Banned
Looking forward to hearing some impressions from anyone who's got the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip. It is out today after all. Hoping it's a good port.

I'm getting it, I skipped on the Vita version so I can get the definitive one. The increased amount of bystanders alone seem like a worthy improvement, common complaints about the PS3/Vita version was how empty the streets were.

Fun fact: Akiba's Trip will be my first non-indie PS4 purchase.

I'm getting it, I skipped on the Vita version so I can get the definitive one. The increased amount of bystanders alone seem like a worthy improvement, common complaints about the PS3/Vita version was how empty the streets were.

Fun fact: Akiba's Trip will be my first non-indie PS4 purchase.

I just hope the character pop-in has been addressed.

SerTapTap

I just hope the character pop-in has been addressed.

Ugh I can't find the official blog post and the only change list I found was dualshockers (their being banned is kind of a pain in the ass btw), but loading times and pop in are supposed to be severely reduced. It sounds like they put the PS4 to pretty good use.

SerTapTap

I hope the black friday deals are up today, friday's going to be hectic enough. How's the Crunchroll app/service in general? Anyone use it on PS4/Vita? They always have black friday deals, I almost bit last year but chickened out. I was mostly interested in attack on Titan and Kill La Kill (yes I know I'm late) if those are even still in circulation.

How's the Crunchroll app/service in general?

Haven't used Crunchyroll on my Vita yet, but if the Netflix app is any indication it may not be updated. But then again, Crunchyroll IS on PS TV, so maybe a good sign?

In general I like it. I usually view it on my 360 with the TV, or on my notebook when away from home. If you're in the US I can see if I have a spare trial code for ya.

TUSR

Banned
I hope the black friday deals are up today, friday's going to be hectic enough. How's the Crunchroll app/service in general? Anyone use it on PS4/Vita? They always have black friday deals, I almost bit last year but chickened out. I was mostly interested in attack on Titan and Kill La Kill (yes I know I'm late) if those are even still in circulation.

PS4 Crunchyroll is good I mainly have been using it over the desktop site. Did you want a 48 hour free trial?

Haven't used Crunchyroll on my Vita yet, but if the Netflix app is any indication it may not be updated. But then again, Crunchyroll IS on PS TV, so maybe a good sign?

In general I like it. I usually view it on my 360 with the TV, or on my notebook when away from home. If you're in the US I can see if I have a spare trial code for ya.

On Vita it's been ok for me, but PS3 and PS4 haven't been so good.

I was mostly interested in attack on Titan and Kill La Kill (yes I know I'm late) if those are even still in circulation.

Those are both on there and I still gotta finish Kill La Kill myself, so don't feel bad. I have a lot of anime I want to clear out of my queue before I consider going premium for the Japanese dramas.

nampad

i was wondering , how many vita games retail and digital do you have guys? i have 35 retail games and more than 200 digital not including psp and psone.

My trophy lists has 136 Vita entries, some of which are apps but then I guess I haven't started every game I bought. Of these Vita games, 3 are retail:
Virtua Tennis because I got a discount for a retail game at launch and DJMax and Football manager because I had to import them. Also have a lot of PSM games.

Quite surprised that some have so much more games then I do because I nearly buy everything worthwhile.

SerTapTap

PS4 Crunchyroll is good I mainly have been using it over the desktop site. Did you want a 48 hour free trial?

Sure--do trials work with the app? I think I made an account but didn't use it , just downloaded the app and waffled on buying it until black friday was over.

Those are both on there and I still gotta finish Kill La Kill myself, so don't feel bad. I have a lot of anime I want to clear out of my queue before I consider going premium for the Japanese dramas.

That sounds good then. I think the Vita app is fairly new...but the PS4/desktop app is the primary concern. If I'm out and about with the Vita I'm usually without internet connection

Rollers of the Realm is freakin awesome. Endless Mode? There are arcade tables that unlock that you can try to get high scores. If you are looking to just play virtual pinball, Pinball Arcade or Zen Pinball are better. If you are looking for more of an experience of progressing though different tables with a cheesy story, Rollers of the Realm is your bag. The table physics and simple layouts are not that good judged on their own but the whole experience is a lot of fun. People should buy this!!

SerTapTap

Did Monster Monpiece's OT get locked for a reason? I keep seeing people discussing it with no where to direct them =/ would also like to arrange matches online or just talk strategies. Only so much to do with AIs

Zhao_Yun

Did Monster Monpiece's OT get locked for a reason? I keep seeing people discussing it with no where to direct them =/ would also like to arrange matches online or just talk strategies. Only so much to do with AIs

Don't know what happenend there tbh but it's probably the same reason as with Criminal Girls. How long does it take to get a decent deck for Online Play? Was thinking of starting the game in the near future.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

It probably turned into a huge pointless debate over the character designs.

SerTapTap

How long does it take to get a decent deck for Online Play. Was thinking of starting the game in the near future.

Fuck if I know, ideally you'd have access to all the decks unlocked by story mode..and the last one unlocks by beating the final boss. But you get pretty good cards by the last few chapters. But I think winning online gives you cards as good or better than the best in single player?

Cards have mana costs so it's mostly a matter of high cost high quality cards vs low cost lower quality ones, though there are some +1 cards that are like universally superior versions of common cards as well.

There's a ton of single player AIs to beat BTW, so much so I still haven't 100% beat them (the game is annoying about how it does NG+, so what I had to do was rush to the final boss, beat it, then go back to an earlier save to beat up earlier AIs). You can also rematch any AI to get more money

It probably turned into a huge pointless debate over the character designs.

OTs are usually above that horseshit. It's only 4 pages long too =/

antibolo

Banned
WHY ISN'T SONY MAKING A VITA MINECRAFT BUNDLE FOR THE HOLIDAYS

THEY WOULD SELL MILLIONS

It's pretty much official now that SCEA deliberately WANTS the Vita to die. They now have the ultimate killer app and are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with it.

Top Bottom