• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2023 |OT| Show as a Service! (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm BST) (No Spoilers!)

Rate the Blow... Showcase

• Total voters

jm89

Just about a C

There was a few games i was interested.

Xbox gonna have to really screw up to get beat here.

gow3isben

Spiderman graphics aren't better than Forbidden west disappointing.

Game should be good though if they don't make it cookie cutter open world

Pagusas

Elden Member
D - These showcases need to be retired. Its too much filler/crap/stupid shit that no one cares about or wants. They had their place during Covid, but I want something more concentrated on quality and less on filler/fluff. I'd give it an F as I was highly disappointed by both Spiderman and FF16, but I still recognize those games will likely be good, they just had poor showings.

Last edited:

SEGA_2012

WORST showcase of all time.
Jim Ryan needs to be fired NOW !

aftv-claude-callegari.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No show case would have been better than this.
How does it go... "It’s better to remain silent and have everyone think you're an idiot, than to speak, and remove all doubt".

Last edited:

flying_sq

Only thing that was exciting for me was the Marathon trailer. I was stoked for Alan Wake 2, but not sure about it yet. Looks like playing as multiple characters, could be cool.

trikster40

Did I watch the wrong Showcase, or was that extremely underwhelming?

Aside from some obvious ones like Spider-Man 2, Alan Wake 2, FF 16, Dragons Dogma, the only game that got me remotely hyped was Talos Principle 2.

I was expecting a lot more from PlayStation Studios. Perhaps they’re saving some for summer reveals?

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

At least theyve shown Dragons Dogma and Phantom Blade 0, Ghost runner 2 and Starship troopers ripoff looked great, but if i was looking forward to spider-man 2 before i wouldnt after seeing this.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Lol. No show meets expectations.

I'll give it a C. Some pretty solid stuff, but also a lot of trash filler.

Ogbert

Gold Member
Man, I already played this game twice. Kinda expected some more changes to the gameplay since this is a proper sequel, but it looks pretty much like another spin-off like Miles Morales.
The problem insomniac have is there’s not much you can really do to expand the game.

It’s very clever at what it does, but it’s basically an on rails button masher, with a few QTEs.

I just watched it and it felt like exactly what I have already played.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Lore-wise isn't Spiderman literally 10000 times stronger? He could rip Kraven in half without breaking a sweat.
yeah it makes not fucking sense.
I dont even know who kraven is honestly.... and I am all up on all marvel movies....

Vick

Gold Member
A D at best. Waste of time except for MGS, Dragon's Dogma 2, Phantom Blade, RE4VR and in part Spider-Man which however looked rough as hell.

Last edited:

Methos#1975

It was a pretty bad show. I really expected Sony to come out swinging with exclusives but this was meh. Xbox will have the better show.

jonnyp

Aren't people joining these hype trains tired of them always derailing?

Sick of these poor SOPs and Showcases. Heads need to roll over at Sony.

Flutta

Banned
Never watching a Sony show or any show ever again... except for nintendo.. Seriously this industry is run by degenerates!

Trash/10.

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

dottme

Between C and D. I like Phantom Blade and Dragon Dogma 2.
FFXVI still looks good.
i was expecting more from Spider-Man 2 but it should be an OK sequel. I don’t feel the PS5 only part from the trailer that should allow a jump in quality.

Quick thoughts so far...

The highlights of this show were that South Korean (I'm guessing S.Korean) Samurai Souls-like game and...actually, I'd say that was THE highlight of the show.

Spiderman 2 looks good but visually not the leap I was expecting it to be. Kinda surprised there.

The only other 1P games were all live-service/GaaS titles.

Assasin's Creed Mirage looks pretty good actually, I'd say that was one of the other highlights

Stuff like FF XVI and SF6 look great of course but we already knew those were coming and have seen them in action

Shockingly little in terms of big 3P reveals outside of Dragon's Dogma 2, Assassin's Creed Mirage and the Grandblue game...maybe a couple others but everything else seemed smaller in scale. No Tekken 8, no Persona 6, etc.

Overall it's a 6.5/10 for me. Maybe they are holding back the rest of the 1P stuff for a later event in the year. If not, then...why did they need to wait so long for this Showcase?

Hoping SGF and the Xbox Showcase hit harder than this one did TBH.

Last edited:
Top Bottom