• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

At least one "holy shit" moment is in order. GoT 2 would do that.

d4h2f9w.jpeg

I remember being excited for Demon's Souls, Spiderman 2 is not really my jam, I got Returnal for PC recently, it's cool but I'm happy I did not buy it back when it launched, other than that it just feels like a sea of emptiness, other than some cross-gen titles...
Currently my PS5 is pretty much just a "waiting to play GTA 6" machine and it sucks, I don't regret buying it, playing older PS4 games at 60fps was amazing, but I'd be lying if I didn't say this gen has been a huge disappointment for me... hope this changes this year...
Same here. Outside of a few games, my PS5 is almost a PS4 Pro Pro. And now that I've jailbroken my actual FW 11.00 PS4 Pro, they're kind of neck and neck with each other.

Congrats everyone. I remember the Nintendo Direct drought from Sep 2019 to Feb 2021, that one was rough. Guessing we'll see Death Stranding 2 and hear announcements about what some of the big first party studios are up to. My money's on the new Monster Hunter Wilds trailer may be part of it as well.

Audiophile

Expecting wall-to-wall meh but hoping for a nice little surprise something or other to finish the show off; preferably never leaked and totally new.

Last edited:

DJ12

I’m guessing (hoping) the SOP is a strategic decision to bait Microsoft, who supposedly have a pretty big show

Then after Sony will announce their Showcase

After so much time some of their bigger studios have no excuses to not show anything
Microsoft will turn up in sonys showcase anyway

I’d kill for a Killzone 2 REMAKE that gets rid of that stupid plot and boring weapons and brings back the weapons of the first KZ (featured in the infamous 2005 trailer).
Honestly, I think a remake wouldn't be as good but I would love to be wrong! I would happily take either.

Nah, not what I meant. Because I agree with you, Stellar Blade is obviously not first party and several more. I mean their real first party. But as someone here said Astrobot. Concord isn't first party though, right?

Concord is first party. Firewalk studios were acquired by Sony.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'll be bookmarking this post for future reference. We never know ;)

(never bet the farm on a single game project)
You can think like a "gamer" or you can think like a CEO. Think like a CEO.

If PlayStation brass believes in something as strongly as they do in Concord/Live Service, it's for very good reason.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Never agreed with a Grubb tweet more than this one.

Its funny, it made me think of the saying: "If you get up in the morning, and the first person you meet is an asshole, they probably are an asshole. But if you get up in the morning and everyone you meet over the course of the day is an asshole, then YOU are probably the asshole!"

So, not a PS5 PRO reveal i guess
Highly doubt it. Sony officially revealed the ps4 pro until like 6-8 weeks before it released. If it's still expected to release this fall, would make more sense in August/Sept at the next state of Play or Showcase (honestly might be a showcase then to show off their 2025/2026 first party games running on better hardware).

Elios83

"PlayStation Studios games arriving later this year"

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Concord, Until Dawn Remake, new rumored Astrobot game. Possibly other Sony published stuff like Lost Soul Aside and Convallaria.
But basically Concord will be their star of the show, they want another Helldivers2.

Wooxsvan

As predicted, this will be a mediocre event going over what's already been announced and leaked.

Astrobot, Lego Horizon and Concord reveal & release date.
SH2 Remake release date.
Ragnarok PC release date.
Last marketing push for Destiny 2: The Final Shape.
Random third party shit.
Maybe a MS Flight Sim or Sunset Overdrive? Halo MCC?
VR rubbish.

Rounding out 2024 for Sony.

If you want the big one, you're going to be waiting ages still.
Work Yes GIF by Offline Granny!

GudOlRub

Still don't see the point of a PS5 PRO, only now we've started getting games that look like Hellblade 2, on PS5 we got Matrix which isn't even an actual game, most devs are clearly still years away from being able to fully use the hardware's potential. I'm really curious to see who's that console for.

Top Bottom