• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

They could just do an Astro Bot reveal for me and nothing else, all I really want from Sony anyways. Well, that and Ghost of Tsushima 2, but I have no expectations of seeing that announced in 2024.

Topher

Gold Member
Calm down Topher I can feel your excitement through my screen
Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

AmuroChan

Disappointing to say the least. They specifically say that the only PS Studios games being shown are ones coming later this year, which means Concord and maybe an Astrobot game.

It's looking like their plan is to hold the heavy hitters for the PS5 Pro event.

Radical_3d

Honestly, I think a remake wouldn't be as good but I would love to be wrong! I would happily take either.
It can’t be worst! The plot decisions in 2 were so weak. And Rico was unbearable. And while the interaction with the enemies and destructibility of the environment were state of the art by when it released the pacing was sluggish and uninspired. And the weapons were modern-warfare-ized to appeal the trends of the era, which was a massive step back from the sci-fi and distinguish feel in the first one. Specially the heavy slow moving bolter-like proyectiles of the main rifle of the ISA troops.

But this is just ultra refined high octane giga processed HOPIUM. Since they’re not going to move from Horizon. Because open worlds are today’s CoD MW and what give sales.

It can’t be worst! The plot decisions in 2 were so weak. And Rico was unbearable. And while the interaction with the enemies and destructibility of the environment were state of the art by when it released the pacing was sluggish and uninspired. And the weapons were modern-warfare-ized to appeal the trends of the era, which was a massive step back from the sci-fi and distinguish feel in the first one. Specially the heavy slow moving bolter-like proyectiles of the main rifle of the ISA troops.

But this is just ultra refined high octane giga processed HOPIUM. Since they’re not going to move from Horizon. Because open worlds are today’s CoD MW and what give sales.
The dialog was rubbish. The gameplay was pretty spot on for me though, warzone MP was so much fun. To be honest, they should rebrand KZ or make a new IP based on KZ with a better name.

Elios83

Miss the days when Sony wowed me

Unfortunately if you only care about the usual big single player productions from the usual top studios this is not the year.
The next big wave will be in 2025 and 2026.
Their marketing has changed and they won't show these productions years in advance either.

Damigos

Highly doubt it. Sony officially revealed the ps4 pro until like 6-8 weeks before it released. If it's still expected to release this fall, would make more sense in August/Sept at the next state of Play or Showcase (honestly might be a showcase then to show off their 2025/2026 first party games running on better hardware).
That makes sense

midnightAI

Still don't see the point of a PS5 PRO, only now we've started getting games that look like Hellblade 2, on PS5 we got Matrix which isn't even an actual game, most devs are clearly still years away from being able to fully use the hardware's potential. I'm really curious to see who's that console for.
Because Hellblade 2 requires sacrifices to even get to 30fps because these consoles aren't powerful enough to have all UE5 bells and whistles. Hellblade 2 actually shows that Pro consoles are needed not the other way around.

Perrott

Bloodborne tease...

20240529_202355.jpg
Navtra disappeared after she flew too close to the sun with her Square Enix leaks in the summer of 2021.

That in your picture is "Sami", some fucking idiot, banned from Era for being a compulsive liar, who usually impersonates Navtra on Discords because he's a loser and probably mentally ill on some capacity.

Also, when have we ever seen an insider "come back" after years in the the dark? That by itself is suspicious as fuck.

It would be as if OsirisBlack or Verendus returned to posting leaks on GAF... if they hadn't been exposed as major frauds back in the day, that is.
Why? Cause he got 1 guess right? How many does he get wrong? Guy will never be redeemed. He's a fucking grub not only in name...
He got the State of Play right, PS5's 2020 reveal right, last year's Showcase right, Kojima doing an Xbox game right, the Dead Space remake right, Elden Ring at SGF 2021 right, various misc. stuff (third-party publishers) right... you know, people listen to him for a reason.

Last edited:

Mahavastu

Feel like the showcases are a thing of the past and we will only get these state of plays. The one in January had no branding of the usual SoP.
would now somewhat make sense for Sony to do a ShowCase in September / October to announce the PS5 Pro and show the trailers in better "optimized for Pro" quality.

Last edited:

MacReady13

He got the State of Play right, PS5's 2020 reveal right, last year's Showcase right, Kojima doing an Xbox game right, the Dead Space remake right, Elden Ring at SGF 2021 right, various misc. stuff (third-party publishers) right... you know, people listen to him for a reason.
Any chance we can get a list of the shit he has gotten wrong?

AmuroChan

Wouldn't count on that anymore. The last couple of state of plays where better than the last showcase.

Yes, the last showcase sucked, but that's the exception not the rule. Also, this is a 30 min SoP where the only first party games they are showing are ones arriving this Fall, which means Concord and maybe one other game. We're not going to see any of the big hitters that are coming in 2025 and beyond. Most likely they're holding those for the PS5 Pro event so they can show off the games on the Pro.

Lupin25

“This year.”

Expectations tempered.
So I’m assuming no:

Marvel’s Venom
Ghost of Tsushima 2 (Kamakura)
SSM/Cory Barlog’s New IP
Marathon

Games they could/will show?

Concord
Until Dawn (Remake)
Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail [DLC] (Jul 2)
Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater
Silent Hill 2 (Remake)
Phantom Blade 0
Little Devil Inside
Towers of Aghasba
Lost Soul Aside
FairGame$
Judas
Baby Steps
Zenless Zone Zero (Jul 4)
The Plucky Squire
Astrobot

Hopefully they can squeeze in Astrobot this Fall as a PS5 anniversary drop.

Last edited:

Borowski_1

Give me the new Astro game a new trailer for Wolverine, and i'm happy

I don't ask for much, since most of the third party stuff i want will be at SGF and the Xbox even

bitbydeath

“This year.”

Expectations tempered.
So I’m assuming no:

Marvel’s Venom
Ghost of Tsushima 2 (Kamakura)
SSM/Cory Barlog’s New IP
Marathon

Games they could/will show?

Concord
Until Dawn (Remake)
Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail [DLC] (Jul 2)
Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater
Silent Hill 2 (Remake)
Phantom Blade 0
Little Devil Inside
Towers of Aghasba
Lost Soul Aside
FairGame$
Judas
Baby Steps
Zenless Zone Zero (Jul 4)
The Plucky Squire
Astrobot

Hopefully they can squeeze in Astrobot this Fall as a PS5 anniversary drop.
There is also a chance of more DBZ Sparkling Zero, and of course some stuff we haven’t heard of, but your list about nails it.

bitbydeath

Give me the new Astro game a new trailer for Wolverine, and i'm happy

I don't ask for much, since most of the third party stuff i want will be at SGF and the Xbox even
It’s games releasing this year so Wolverine won’t make it. I don’t think we’ll see it in the Showcase later this year either because they have Venom coming out next year and will likely focus on that instead.

Borowski_1

It’s games releasing this year so Wolverine won’t make it. I don’t think we’ll see it in the Showcase later this year either because they have Venom coming out next year and will likely focus on that instead.

yeah, kinda of a shame, really

we haven't seen anything from the game. And aside from Astro, i don't see anything single-player from first-party studios tomorrow

Astro is great, but i'd like to see a little more

bitbydeath

yeah, kinda of a shame, really

we haven't seen anything from the game. And aside from Astro, i don't see anything single-player from first-party studios tomorrow

Astro is great, but i'd like to see a little more
Just Concord and GoW going to PC.
I am looking forward to seeing Astro though.

Despite the SoP naming people still seem to be getting their hopes up.

Disappointing to say the least. They specifically say that the only PS Studios games being shown are ones coming later this year, which means Concord and maybe an Astrobot game.

It's looking like their plan is to hold the heavy hitters for the PS5 Pro event.
It makes sense to save the big one for the reveal. You want to sell the product and what better way then to show awesome games enhanced on said product.

Pop

Nothing to big of a reveal I would assume

Probably more of Destiny 2 dlc
Hopefully Concord
Maybe Bluepoint game(It's long overdue)

Top Bottom