• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/19/09 – Peggle (US) | Metal Gear Solid (EU)

DMeisterJ

Banned
jvm said:
Someone bite the bullet and tell us how Assassin's Creed is.

I think we need a Lumines Still Not on PSN Watch website, sort of like Abe Vigoda Death Watch site.

http://www.abevigoda.com/

There are some videos of it on YouTube, and someone in the Ass Creed PSP thread bought it. Visually, it's ugly. And it there is immense pop-in and a low draw distance. Loading times are frequent, and A.I. looks as dumb as a wall.

womfalcs3

Banned
I received $10 in video games credit from Amazon, and since I can't buy anything with that money without paying shipping, I'm thinking about applying it toward a PSN game.

Anybody know if it works on such games?

I tried to test it out, but selecting to buy a game took me to a page on which I have to re-enter my credit card number. I don't want to risk it.

WTF is this shit? I was just trying to get in the US Store from Germany. Got this message :
This service is not available in your country.

Gaf, say it ain't so :(

lantus

Benjamin1981 said:
WTF is this shit? I was just trying to get in the US Store from Germany. Got this message :
This service is not available in your country.

Gaf, say it ain't so :(

Sony is performing maintenance for the upcoming 3.10 update, should be back up later in the day.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nakazato said:
OT ?:any one with a pspgo know if its hard to switch between accounts on the fly ?

If it's like the PSP, you have to re-enter the information if you switch regions/accounts. So, yes.

lupinko

Nakazato said:
OT ?:any one with a pspgo know if its hard to switch between accounts on the fly ?

Shouldn't be if you have a bluetooth smartphone with internet.

Sigh, that really makes the Go tempting for me due to that. =/

mozfan12 said:
Where the hell is LBP!!!!!????

That's what I'm wondering. Screw AssCreed, having been told we'd be getting LBP PSP on the same day as the UMD release, I expect Sony to follow through. Last week they released a first party title on Tuesday, why change that?

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

PS3 Games

► Military Madness: Nectaris
○ ¥1000

Game Archives

► PC Engine (¥600 each)
○ Bonk
○ Bonk 2

Videos

► Last Rebellion
○ Promotional Video

► SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Portable
○ Promotional Video

mozfan12

Banned
kitchenmotors said:
That's what I'm wondering. Screw AssCreed, having been told we'd be getting LBP PSP on the same day as the UMD release, I expect Sony to follow through. Last week they released a first party title on Tuesday, why change that?

I would also say that this release is bigger than Jak and Daxter, Sony is just so inconsistent with their shit. I got the money, just put it on there.

Blablurn

i played the psp version of assassin's creed at a preview event. didn't like it at all :( it's one of these game where you need a second analog stick. but you guys should definetly check out little big planet. playing it for two weeks now. it's awesome.

Returners

Assassin's Creed PSP:

I'm about an hour and half through the game. The game is essentially AC1 portable with a few changes.

Less people: kinda given but they address it in the story (abeit poorly)

The game seems to be waaay more linear than AC1 ever was (kinda like AC2). No more investigation missions (not I've seen anyways) Just one story mission to another. All the odd job missions are still there, and completing them nets you templar coins, which you can also find in the environment.

Open world is ... well, separated by load screens. Remember individual city sections in AC1? Its broken up with gates and loading. Areas are still relatively big though.

Man playing this on the Go while I play AC2 on the console at home couldn't be better. The templar coins you collect turn into money for AC2 (which is very much needed FYI) And the health upgrades you get in AC2 are funneled back into the PSP version.

The framerate is steady but there is lots of pop-in (though not as much as AC2).

I play it with the HUD off and so far its been a great ride. I do not suspect that this story will be anything major within the franchise (well as far as I've gotten). But IMO its recommended to people who enjoy the AC franchise (and maybe even playing AC2 ATM).

EDIT: Camera is handled by the L trigger. Tap to center, hold + face buttons to pan. Don't have a lot of problems with it.

lupinko

Last Rebellion trailer is pretty neat, the game looks better in motion, lol @ TLC/A&E English-style narration, and that's awesome that they have Hironobu Kageyama doing the theme song, almost makes me want to pick this game up. :D :lol

<3 Kageyama.

Blablurn

jump_button said:
WTF I just saw a new TV ad (uk) saying start downloading movies from the store! :lol did someone jump the gun?

according to sony the service is coming today. i hope it's true.

Toki767

Craiji said:
At the little Capcom event in san francisco tonight, The Sony reps (with two ps3s in tow and the english (newer and slicker than 1.07) build of Adhoc party confirmed it will be part of the store update on Thurs.
Awesome news. Can't wait to play my friends who were too lazy to download the japanese version. :lol

kassatsu

Banned
Craiji said:
At the little Capcom event in san francisco tonight, The Sony reps (with two ps3s in tow and the english (newer and slicker than 1.07) build of Adhoc party confirmed it will be part of the store update on Thurs.

Also do not know if this is the right place, but PSP comic service out in Japan on 12/10 with an update (6.20) on 11/19

http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/release/nr_20091118_store_comic.html
I find that funny. We are getting the comic reader a month before any comics are out to buy XD

jimid2

Neo Member
kassatsu said:
Game Archives

&#9658; PC Engine (¥600 each)
&#9675; Bonk
&#9675; Bonk 2
Man, if Sony brought PCE/TG16 games to the PSP I'd buy everything they could publish on day one! (well, maybe not China Warrior :lol ) I wish they'd give it a try - we know the PSP has sufficient horsepower for good PCE emulation; it couldn't be too costly for the publishers, especially with all the rights and ratings stuff having been done already for the Wii distro...

Man, it's so hard to say no to peggle. It's the perfect game to play when you don't have the time to invest in a long session.

Edit: Holy fuck, Peggle & Peggle Nights for $15 WITH youtube uploading!? I NEED THIS.

If PES 2010 doesn't hit PSN this week, I wonder if Konami is simply waiting until it releases in Japan before it hits the NA and EU PSN.

Sucks.

Blablurn

Gamecocks625 said:
If PES 2010 doesn't hit PSN this week, I wonder if Konami is simply waiting until it releases in Japan before it hits the NA and EU PSN.

Sucks.

gamecocks on suicide watch :(

I wonder if it'll be possible to have all three Adhoc Party apps on the PS3 (JP, US, EU). Still want to play Adhoc stuff with US GAF people after all :S

kassatsu

Banned
jimid2 said:
Man, if Sony brought PCE/TG16 games to the PSP I'd buy everything they could publish on day one! (well, maybe not China Warrior :lol ) I wish they'd give it a try - we know the PSP has sufficient horsepower for good PCE emulation; it couldn't be too costly for the publishers, especially with all the rights and ratings stuff having been done already for the Wii distro...
Umm... Game Archives titles can be played on both PS3 and PSP. You just lose multiplayer when playing on PSP.

jimid2

Neo Member
kassatsu said:
Umm... Game Archives titles can be played on both PS3 and PSP. You just lose multiplayer when playing on PSP.
Ummm... ya... but wouldn't it be nice if they were available in the NA store? Or are they? I don't see them in Media Go, and I don't have a PS3 (yet)...

Oneself

Both Bonk games are tempting ... but I don't wanna buy the Jap versions if it comes out eventually on the NA PSN ...

kassatsu

Banned
jimid2 said:
Ummm... ya... but wouldn't it be nice if they were available in the NA store? Or are they? I don't see them in Media Go, and I don't have a PS3 (yet)...
Hudson said they were working on bringing TG16 games to NA PSN. You can login to the Japanese PSN store via media go if you make a Japanese account.

Blablurn said:
gamecocks on suicide watch :(

Blablurn, seriously. This is starting to piss me off. Why in the world has Konami not put Pro Evo on the PSN store? What I don't get is the lack of communication. If I'd known that Sony and/or Konami wouldn't have had PES ready for PSPgo, I'd have thought twice about this wonderful little handheld. There's no way I'm wasting my time with FIFA on the PSP, but I still need my digital Donovan on my PSPgo screen :( Konami support still says that don't have any info to share on the PSN version...greeeat.

Why does it seem like the games I want to play on the PSP are the EXACT games that aren't on PSN for some reason :lol

Blablurn

Gamecocks625 said:
There's no way I'm wasting my time with FIFA on the PSP, but I still need my digital Donovan on my PSPgo screen :(

maybe you could this one as a wallpaper :lol

landon_donovan_1.jpg

but i know what you mean. it seems like some companies are not able to think logically.

thechemist

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/euro-ps3-video-delivery-begins-thursday

video store thursday guys!!!!

The European PS3 video store opens on Thursday, 19th November, in France, Germany, Spain and the UK and presents over 2000 films for rent or purchase.
There are special offers for early birds: buy Angels and Demons and you will receive a complimentary copy of The Da Vinci Code. Or don't bother. Alternatively, anyone registering a new PSN account tomorrow or Friday will be given a free copy of Transformers.

Top Bottom