• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/19/09 – Peggle (US) | Metal Gear Solid (EU)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone have the Peggle PS3 achievement list? I'm curious if I should buy it over Mirror's Edge's DLC.

Returners

TheSeks said:
Anyone have the Peggle PS3 achievement list? I'm curious if I should buy it over Mirror's Edge's DLC.

IIRC Mirror's Edge DLC trophies are hard to get.

Check 360's list. Should be relatively the same.

Dibbz

Bootaaay said:
The rentals last for 14 days from purchase, however from the moment you press play you have only 48 hours to watch the film before it becomes deactivated.

Also, is anyone else having extreme speed issues downloading from the UK video store? I've only managed to download 330mb after two and a half goddamn hours on a 50mb line, fucking bullshit.
So you can watch the movie as many times as you want in 14 days but you have to watch the movie once within 48 hours or it becomes deactivated?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Do you choose some of your buys based on trophies?
EDIT:Its not a snarky comment,true question.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Dibbz said:
So you can watch the movie as many times as you want in 14 days but you have to watch the movie once within 48 hours or it becomes deactivated?
No.

You can start watching the movie any time you want within the 14 days.

Once you start watching, you only have 48 hours to complete watching it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Dibbz said:

you have 14 days to start watching, once you start, you have 48 hours left.

Lyonaz

TheSeks said:

Didn't they make the Mirror's Edge DLC free on PSN? I remember downloading it on my old PS3. The Time Trial one or did they release a new one?

Edgeward

Lyonaz said:
Didn't they make the Mirror's Edge DLC free on PSN? I remember downloading it on my old PS3. The Time Trial one or did they release a new one?

It was one time trial course as free DLC, exclusive to ps3. The actual DLC was charged for a nominal fee.

Massa

Lyonaz said:

It's free in Europe, still $10 on the US store.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Returners said:
Well I bought .detuned and Linger in Shadows. So yes.
What do you look for? Easy ones?

Could someone from Spain buy Metal Gear Solid and let me know if the game is in english or not? After the huge turndown of FFVII I am scared as hell to buy a PS1 game from PSN :lol

Rolf NB

Lord Griegous said:
Could someone from Spain buy Metal Gear Solid and let me know if the game is in english or not? After the huge turndown of FFVII I am scared as hell to buy a PS1 game from PSN :lol
What happened? Was the game in Spanish, and you were sad because you wanted English?

bcn-ron said:
What happened? Was the game in Spanish, and you were sad because you wanted English?

It was in Spanish and a terrible translation at that. In some cases I had to do a word-to-word translation to English to get an idea of what they were were trying to say...

KurowaSan

Lord Griegous said:

I doubt it's not in spanish, but of all spanish translations, I don't think MGS1 is one to be afraid of.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
GillaTheGorilla said:
I totally missed that too at first, finally Disgaea and for a really good price, time to top up my wallet.

Good price ? I bought it last week on my second US account for 14.99$ instead of 14.99€ (22$)

I guess they are so nice that they only do 1:1 conversion :/

Rolf NB

Lord Griegous said:
It was in Spanish and a terrible translation at that. In some cases I had to do a word-to-word translation to English to get an idea of what they were were trying to say...
That sounds familiar. I did own the German PC version after all.

Fortunately, the only PSX game I've bought from the EU store is properly multilingual (Syndicate Wars; you just click your flag when it starts).

Lord Griegous said:

Yeah, FFVII's Spanish translation is dreadful, incredibly poor (I bought the English version from the US store, as I still have my original Spanish version). Thankfully, they got it right with every FF game after it. Great translations since FFVIII onwards.

As for MGS1, I don't know if you're familiar at all with it, but the Spanish version sports one of the best translations and voice acting on PS1. You'll even recognise some voices if you ever watch TV. It's the only Metal Gear game with Spanish voice acting, which is a shame given how good it was.

Philanthropist said:
Yeah, FFVII's Spanish translation is dreadful, incredibly poor (I bought the English version from the US store, as I still have my original Spanish version). Thankfully, they got it right with every FF game after it. Great translations since FFVIII onwards.

As for MGS1, I don't know if you're familiar at all with it, but the Spanish version sports one of the best translations and voice acting on PS1. You'll even recognise some voices if you ever watch TV. It's the only Metal Gear game with Spanish voice acting, which is a shame given how good it was.

My problem is that even though I have been living in Spain for the last 6 years, I am not Spanish, and anyway I always prefer my games in their original version.

Looking at the store, FFVII says that it has Spanish text, while MGS doen't say anything. Here's hoping that it will let us choose at the beginning.

Fersis

Lord Griegous said:
My problem is that even though I have been living in Spain for the last 6 years, I am not Spanish, and anyway I always prefer my games in their original version.

Looking at the store, FFVII says that it has Spanish text, while MGS doen't say anything. Here's hoping that it will let us choose at the beginning.
This maybe silly but its worth a try: Change your PS3 language setting to English before you download something from the Store.
(Though im pretty sure its IP based)

KZObsessed

Excellent UK update this week.

Bought Metal Gear Solid and Critter Crunch straight away.

Kebby's just getting warmed up. FEAR HIM.

Sorry guys, no code giveaway until i get actual codes... which i am still waiting for.

Hopefully i will have them tomorrow and then all of you across the pond can try to win'em!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Expectations for this week (US)?

PS3 full games: 2
PS3 demos: 2
PSP former UMD: 4
PSP PSN-only: 0
PSP demos: 1
Lumines: 0

Lord Griegous said:

MGS1 will be in Spanish only, most certainly. At least according to what I've read. I haven't checked any Spanish boards, but I'm sure it'll be Spanish only. The original game didn't feature any more languages.

KurowaSan

Fersis said:
This maybe silly but its worth a try: Change your PS3 language setting to English before you download something from the Store.
(Though im pretty sure its IP based)

Just like creating a JP account or a US one, it will depend on the country you selected you are supposedly from, so if he created his account with Spain as his country, no matter the language of the PS3 menu, he'll access the spanish PSN store with that account.

And yeah, the game will be spanish only, the original didn't have multiple languages.

KZObsessed

Cromulent_Word said:
Sorry guys, no code giveaway until i get actual codes... which i am still waiting for.

Hopefully i will have them tomorrow and then all of you across the pond can try to win'em!

I just bought it damn you!!!1 :p

Blablurn

shall i buy mgs? it would be my 6th copy of the game :/ i think i wait till next month. spent too much money in november -.-

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
Do you choose some of your buys based on trophies?
EDIT:Its not a snarky comment,true question.

Sometimes, yes? It's not like I don't want Peggle. But I want to know if the achievements are at least relatively easy to pad my Levels with. :lol

And yes, US Mirror's Edge is still not free. WTF EA?

Crisis

Banned
Hey guys. I just browsed through the US video store just to see what all was new on it. I came across something very interesting. For a bunch of the new movie releases they now have 5.1 audio in them. It's true!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Crisis said:
Hey guys. I just browsed through the US video store just to see what all was new on it. I came across something very interesting. For a bunch of the new movie releases they now have 5.1 audio in them. It's true!
Dude. Where's your gecko (?) avatar. Can't recognize your posts without it. :p

Crisis

Banned
jvm said:
Dude. Where's your gecko (?) avatar. Can't recognize your posts without it. :p

I changed it a while back but shitty free hosts are fucking me over. I think I just fixed the issue.

Top Bottom