• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebruin

Anyone pick up a used move from GameStop? Is it normal for the wrist strap to be missing?

just preordered Robinson The Journey, can't wait for VR Dinosaurs!

Has anyone been able to confirm if this is going to be 59.99 or 39.99? Retailers list the cheaper price as opposed to crytek's website.

Valonquar

So after an all day VR party last Saturday, I spent Sunday taking care of a large amount of yard work in my backyard, including pulling down a lot of vines that were covering the trees... vines that were apparently poison ivy. After a few days my skin has gone nuts with a rash all over my hands and face. No PSVR for me this weekend ;_;

NGz37LU.jpg

Dinosur

Have anyone played PSVR after a couple of beers etc? How is that?

Fine. The biggest problem is it's damn near impossible to drink while wearing the headset lol. Even extending the front part doesn't offer enough room to sip out of a glass. Bottles kinda work.

edit: And that assumes you can even find the bottle in the first place. I knocked so much shit over during a couple side parts in Batman.

Yay! Glad people noticed :) I was worried they wouldn't find it.

Hey m0dus, I wanted to add I picked up VEV. I haven't had a chance to play it, but I did buy it. I was trying to get in on the giveaways and wanted to share my impressions, but I was always too late. However, I picked it up and will definitely share impressions when I get a chance to really check it out.

CyberChulo

I was playing Brookhaven Experiment and decided to close one eye and aim down the sights. I could still see the area in VR mode. So I guess to those with a missing eye, you too can enjoy VR?

Ozorov

Rolled a blunt before playing eve Valkyrie. Never again, lol.
Haha, so long time since I did that stuff. What didn't work out?

Fine. The biggest problem is it's damn near impossible to drink while wearing the headset lol. Even extending the front part doesn't offer enough room to sip out of a glass. Bottles kinda work.

edit: And that assumes you can even find the bottle in the first place. I knocked so much shit over during a couple side parts in Batman.
Yeah, I can imagine it being a problem to find your glass haha. But does it feels as cool while drunk-isch or even more cool?

Ozorov

For me, it was more cool but scary games like Kitchen lost the scaryness completely

I see. Kinda like seeing a scary movie while drunk I think. But as a first time experience in VR, if you also had some drinks before: What game would be most impressive do you think?

Robbok

Haha, so long time since I did that stuff. What didn't work out?
Immersion was really great. :D But I'm getting motion sick immediately after a few turns.
Eve makes me feel sick anyway, but normally I'm able to fly around at least half an hour to an hour without getting sick.

Batman, Vr worlds, and Until dawn are the ones i keep going back too.

I really cant wait for Robinson and i have tomb raider downlading right now.

I just hope they update the fw for 3d movies to be played on the screen.

I know it wont happen but i kinda wish they would uodate it so 2d games could be played in 3d like how some smart tvs c9nvert 2d to 3d.

As much as i like the move controller, i hope there is a redesign in the works.

Also bring on Pro VR.

Well then the answer is obvious isn;t it? :)

I mean unless you want to be competitive to the point where you sacrifice how you feel, I'd stick with the more comfortable option.

Go with what doesn't make you dizzy.

Headturn and adjust the settings to your comfort level. i find that the combination of turn angle and turn speed is a game changer in terms of comfort level.

Thanks guys. Gonna mess around with headturn and adjust settings. Gonna give it one more try :)

Kodros

It's like 3d on the 3ds x 10. 3d mode on the 3ds is cool, but I find that its hard on the eyes and your eyes love it when you switch back to 2d after awhile. VR is like that for me.

I was getting some eye strain from using PSVR. Decrease the distance between your eyes in that PSVR Options tool. I bumped it down by like 6mm from what the tool was saying I should be at and I get zero eye issues now.

Eirulan

I've going to have a party with 8-10 people there we will have some team-contests. I was wondering if I could implement PSVR in one of these contests and what would be best fit. Thumper good there also?

HM
I don't know, dont think so. I'd recommend Playroom and games like Keep talking and nobody explodes.
Rush of Blood could be good too

My 4 year old daughter absolutely loves the ocean dive wildlife tour. She asks me all the time if she can play with the nice fishes. I noticed the box says not for children under 12.

Sad Panda.
Another GAFfer a few posts (many posts?) back said the "Not for Under 12" had more to do with the self restraint and flailing than the technology actually being harmful. I don't know how true that is, but it might be worth investigating. Can anyone else chime in?

El-Suave

I've going to have a party with 8-10 people there we will have some team-contests. I was wondering if I could implement PSVR in one of these contests and what would be best fit. Thumper good there also?

Headmaster has group contests and it needs no explanations. May be worth checking out. It's a fun game in sp, too.

My 8&9 yr olds used it with zero issues. Obviously not for prolonged periods, but size and tracking were not issues at all.

My 4 and 7 year old have used my rift a few times, probably about 5 to 10 minutes at a time about half a dozen times (over 6 months). I'm sure that kind of usage is fine, no idea what the cut off might be though!

Ozorov

I probably wouldn't risk it. At that age children's eyes are still growing, and we simply don't know what type of effects prolonged use might have on their development. Once in a great while probably won't result in significant damage, but I imagine with kids you have to be careful about setting up the expectation. Also, the size of the headset raises concern as well, as that may affect stability of the HmD and thus the stability of the image resulting in motion sickness.

Was VEV developed with VR first in mind?

I probably wouldn't risk it. At that age children's eyes are still growing, and we simply don't know what type of effects prolonged use might have on their development. Once in a great while probably won't result in significant damage, but I imagine with kids you have to be careful about setting up the expectation. Also, the size of the headset raises concern as well, as that may affect stability of the HmD and thus the stability of the image resulting in motion sickness.

Hey thanks M0dus I appreciate the info. I have only let her do it twice for about 3-4 mins and will only allow her to do it on special occasions for these reasons.

thanks!

$500 later and this fucking piece of shit doesn't power on

you will do well here.

rubes7844

Banned
Hey thanks M0dus I appreciate the info. I have only let her do it twice for about 3-4 mins and will only allow her to do it on special occasions for these reasons.

thanks!

you will do well here.
There's not enough room on the hive mind bus.

Breakout box powers on, I have picture on my TV. Power on the PSVR and no tracking lights on at all.

I want more games like Dangerball! The look, feel and play just works with PSVR. I don't know who owns the game rights to Tron right now, but disc battles, light bikes etc seem like an obvious match as well. Another great match could be Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball which I love playing on PC.

Non-gaming: did anyone else try the VR mode for Hulu? Watching movies in a high-rise penthouse makes my game room so inadequate! Lol

Holy shit at the differences between the old and new camera. Just had time to read the thread from page 135 and further. I own both. On holiday now ( all I think about is VR lol ) but when I get home I'm gonna compare right away. Jeez, one night without VR and miss it already ;)

Theonik

So yeah after cancelling my original UK pre-order Amazon is shipping it shortly after my PS4 Pro. Pretty pleased about all this. Any new details of games getting pro enhancements when that hits?

I hope the demo disk gets updated too. Would be great to see how games actually run in advance.

androvsky

Get an exchange then? Clearly a defective one you got.

There's not enough room on the hive mind bus.

Breakout box powers on, I have picture on my TV. Power on the PSVR and no tracking lights on at all.

I forget, doesn't the headset sometimes not light up the tracking lights unless the proximity sensor in the headset is triggered? Try putting your hand in front of the thing journalists think is a camera in the headset.

rubes7844

Banned
I forget, doesn't the headset sometimes not light up the tracking lights unless the proximity sensor in the headset is triggered? Try putting your hand in front of the thing journalists think is a camera in the headset.
This seems to be a USB problem with the processor box or something because when I start a game it tells me to connect the box to the PS4 via USB

lifa-cobex

This seems to be a USB problem with the processor box or something because when I start a game it tells me to connect the box to the PS4 via USB

Searched on another forum about your problem.

one of the posts-

Hey there - Hopefully you've figured it out by now, but if not - I had the same problem with mine. If I plugged the headset directly into the processing unit - I got power. After spending a bit of time on the phone we tried this -
unplug the headset from the connection cable
unplug the extension cable from the processor unit
reconnect the headset to the extension cable
reconnect the extension cable to the processor unit
I know, it sounds dumb, but it worked. Of course, that's only if you are getting power to the headset in the first place. Try taking the extension cable out of the set up and then verify that you are getting power. Remember once you have it plugged in directly to hit the power button on the cord. Sorry if any of this is over explaining...I was just as frustrated, but I can at least report mine is working now!

Spades

Just tried setting everything up. My head just doesn't fit. Every time I try to adjust it, I can see gaps if I move my eyes left, right or down.

I'm so disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom