• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

I switched to the core. Really don't see much benefit in having the move controllers or camera right now, can always pick them up later. Mostly want it to play Rez, Thumper, Super Hyper Cube, and RIGS. None of which seem like they would benefit.

ryseing

I switched to the core. Really don't see much benefit in having the move controllers or camera right now, can always pick them up later. Mostly want it to play Rez, Thumper, Super Hyper Cube, and RIGS. None of which seem like they would benefit.

Camera is required for everything dude.

Josh378

Just got my PSVR from Best Buy. Too tired to play it now, will play it tomorrow. Also picked up rigs hope to see you guys online tomorrow.

Mezoly

The camera is required to turn on VR for everything.

Bsigg12

You need the camera for it to work with anything other than the tiny cinema mode option.

You actually need the camera to even use the headset, unlike the move controllers.

BroBot

You need the camera. It's 60 bucks. For just 40 more you can have 2 move controllers and VR worlds.

ryseing

You can say that again....

PSN credit is a dangerous thing.

I have to spend $100 to get $15 back anyway...

You need the camera. It's 60 bucks. For just 40 more you can have 2 move controllers and VR worlds.

You actually need the camera to even use the headset, unlike the move controllers.

The camera is required to turn on VR for everything.

You need the camera for it to work with anything other than the tiny cinema mode option.

And this is why the core option was a terrible idea.

Just got my PSVR from Best Buy. Too tired to play it now, will play it tomorrow. Also picked up rigs hope to see you guys online tomorrow.
Haha was about to post the same about getting back from Best Buy but too tired. I have all day tomorrow. Can't wait, or can wait?
My Best Buy had 56 units with only 23 preorders. Looks like they were about to sell the last few when I left.

CrocoDuck

Quick question guys this one is pretty stupid though. There's a plastic clear cover on the lens of the headset, do I take it off?

Soi-Fong

Haha was about to post the same about getting back from Best Buy but too tired. I have all day tomorrow. Can't wait, or can wait?
My Best Buy had 56 units with only 23 preorders. Looks like they were about to sell the last few when I left.

So how many people were in line?

Saberus

Looking forward to hearing all impressions..good and bad..lol

I wish I could get one now, but I have the pro pre-ordered and then will trade my old ps4 for credit for the VR when they get back in stock.

muteki

More impressions tomorrow but will just say I have really enjoyed my time with it, no hints of any motion sickness whatsoever in anything I tried, and it is really fun to watch Perfume music videos with the screen blown up huge. Wish I could stay up all night just messing around with the thing.

Off topic but man... remember midnight launches at brick and mortar stores everyone? I feel like required game installs, big day one updates, preloading and Amazon Prime game preorder discounts have all resulted in midnight launches just not being a thing at stores by me. I mean, one of the three GameStops near me actually closed down! It was the second oldest one (it was originally a Funcoland).

Anyways, Rigs is getting solid reviews so that and Rez are probably what I'm most excited for.

Josh378

Yea my BB only had 23 PSVR for sale. Sold all 23 out, few left sad because they sold out and didn't get one. Oh well....

Illucio

Banned
Yeah seriously. The core bundle should've included the camera for $439.

The camera has been on sale a lot in the past for $25 or so.

The game should had been included with all versions of the headset though since the darn thing is already $400.

joebruin

man i need some cheap move controllers :(

debating if i should return my core for the bundle since amazon is doing pre-orders again

Wallach

Thank you!

One other thing about keeping your PSVR in working condition: I mentioned this on the first page, but the most important thing to remember is that the lenses should never be exposed to direct sunlight. Keep this in mind when figuring out how to store your headset when it is not in use. It can permanently damage your displays even after just a handful of minutes depending on the angle and intensity.

The camera has been on sale a lot in the past for $25 or so.

The game should had been included with all versions of the headset though since the darn thing is already $400.

Yes. The core bundle should have everything in the bundle EXCEPT Move controllers and the Move controller bundle should have been about $450.

Not for people that already had the camera and/or 2 move controllers

I bought the launch bundle even though I already have a camera. PSVR Worlds and the two move controllers made it worth it. I don't understand why they want 99 bucks for the two move controllers, and they don't even include the original joystick part. I'll also continue using my original camera because the new one is ugly.

jadedm17

Off topic but man... remember midnight launches at brick and mortar stores everyone? I feel like required game installs, big day one updates, preloading and Amazon Prime game preorder discounts have all resulted in midnight launches just not being a thing at stores by me. I mean, one of the three GameStops near me actually closed down! It was the second oldest one (it was originally a Funcoland).

Anyways, Rigs is getting solid reviews so that and Rez are probably what I'm most excited for.

Picked up Gears Ultimate on Friday, went for the midnight launch I assumed for the normal version Tuesday... I was incorrect. Early access is Killing the fun too by dividing us.

Movies have been opening Thursday nights as well leading to smaller to non existent midnight launches. That would hurt more if the toilet of a state (FL) I reside in had a decent mall like Syracuse and Buffalo (NY) that drew big crowds.

I'm not a fan of crowds mostly but I do miss those days.

joebruin

One other thing about keeping your PSVR in working condition: I mentioned this on the first page, but the most important thing to remember is that the lenses should never be exposed to direct sunlight. Keep this in mind when figuring out how to store your headset when it is not in use. It can permanently damage your displays even after just a handful of minutes depending on the angle and intensity.

man that's gonna be annoying not being able to leave it on my coffee table.

jadedm17

I bought the launch bundle even though I already have a camera. PSVR Worlds and the two move controllers made it worth it. I don't understand why they want 99 bucks for the two move controllers, and they don't even include the original joystick part. I'll also continue using my original camera because the new one is ugly.

Watch for Gamestops deals : Traded in my camera for $40 during the last one to prepare.
They have a 50% trade in bonus on accessories fairly often.

Yes. The core bundle should have everything in the bundle EXCEPT Move controllers and the Move controller bundle should have been about $450.

There's always room to change, but let's be honest : Early adopters pay the price.
The $599 PS3 and $500 forced Kinect X1 sold out at launch.
I agree on what would have benefited us but what's done is done.

Grinchy

Banned
Same here, he's really impressed do far. The Job Simulator segment was hilarious

fuuuuck I wish I could have seen that. His personality with that game would have been so good

I don't know how he's feeling about RIGS at the moment. It definitely seems like a game that'll take some time to get the hang of.

muteki

Also, damn I wish that Playroom platformer was more of a big thing.

You could totally do Mario 64 where you are Latiku and it would be amazeballs.

ryseing

fuuuuck I wish I could have seen that. His personality with that game would have been so good

I don't know how he's feeling about RIGS at the moment. It definitely seems like a game that'll take some time to get the hang of.

Apparently the full game has a half hour tutorial which helps a ton. It doesn't seem like it will demo well for that reason.

Watch for Gamestops deals : Traded in my camera for $40 during the last one to prepare.
They have a 50% trade in bonus on accessories fairly often.

Nice. Thanks for the tip. I'd hate to separate the new camera from the launch bundle, though, as stupid as that sounds. I'll probably keep it in the box in my closet for a little bit.

Soi-Fong

It'll take a lil getting use to yeah. I talked with a rep and he said they chose a bad rig for the demo. There's rigs that are much better for new players.

supergiz

Watching a stream of some guy playing what I think is Until Dawn on PSVR. Looks insanely scary. Wow.

fcf7da190ad0a0e8c0a4856e1b388282.gif

Guerrilla

what the hell, first superhypercube and now job simulator? 30$ is just an insane amount of money for these kinds of games, or am I missing something here?

Are these meatier than they seem at first glance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom