• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illucio

Banned
what the hell, first superhypercube and now job simulator? 30$ is just an insane amount of money for these kinds of games, or am I missing something here?

Are these meatier than they seem at first glance?

They charge more because they know people who already dropped $400 - $500 on these Headsets will drop a ton of money to play a actual game for the darn thing.

I think RIGS, Bound, and Thumper are worthy investments due to price alone.

I'd skip out on everything else until price drops.

Guerrilla

They charge more because they know people who already dropped $400 - $500 on these Headsets will drop a ton of money to play a actual game for the darn thing.

I think RIGS, Bound, and Thumper are worthy investments due to price alone.

I'd skip out on everything else until price drops.

Yeah I reckoned that. Pretty shitty business practice...
I will get thumper then, it got some pretty great reviews

Grinchy

Banned
I thought Job Simulator was going to be $40, so I'm actually happy about the $30. It's the game I want to play the most. Super Hypercube at $30...now that's some bullshit.

Guerrilla

I thought Job Simulator was going to be $40, so I'm actually happy about the $30. It's the game I want to play the most. Super Hypercube at $30...now that's some bullshit.

Isn't job simulator just a few rooms where you can pick stuff up and interact a little?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
What's the difference between Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live and the demo?
The free game is just a platform, you buy 'Concert Packages' for it. The demo is the one you want if you wanna try it.

joebruin

Watch for Gamestops deals : Traded in my camera for $40 during the last one to prepare.
They have a 50% trade in bonus on accessories fairly often.

If you are in California they are doing 50% (60% if powerups paid member) trade in on accessories right now as well as offering the same amount of cash as store credit. Will probably trade in my old camera I bought last year for 29.99. TIV would $32 which is pretty much what I paid for it after tax.

Nags

Banned
Just messed around with that little 3D platformer in Playroom VR (which is free btw). Fun and clever use use of the DS4.

Soi-Fong

Anyone try The Brookhaven Experiment? Could be a good alternative to Until Dawn?
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ment/cid=UP0514-CUSA06482_00-BROOKHAVENEXPTVR

Steam reviews are pretty good
http://store.steampowered.com/app/440630/

I actually know the creators of the game. It's basically a "stand your ground" kind of game with zombies coming right at you and you just staying in one spot trying to survive at least from the demo I played on the Vive.

The Vive version though is completely 360, I don't think the PSVR version is.

Is it just me or is the general IQ pretty bad? Kitchen is a shimmering mess, and Driveclub is blurry as fuck. Thumper looked a lot better though.

I'm having a lot of fun, and VR is exactly what I'd hoped it would be, but the visuals are a little disappointing so far.

Ours seems to drift to the left..... We recalibrated with the button but it seems to want to creep slowly to the left after a time... Any ideas?

Flandy

I actually know the creators of the game. It's basically a "stand your ground" kind of game with zombies coming right at you and you just staying in one spot trying to survive at least from the demo I played on the Vive.

Get your friend to come into this thread and sell us on it :p
I haven't seen anything at all about the PSVR version

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

It is a pretty awesome game on Vive. That said I feel like much of the scare factor relies on the fact that the zombies come at you from 360 degrees and having to constantly check your back because of that feeling something is behind you.

Curious to see how the PSVR version holds up.

I got mine. Been playing Eve Valkyrie for an hour or so :D...

17mfSoD.jpg

BSddHB2.jpg

Is it just me or is the general IQ pretty bad? Kitchen is a shimmering mess, and Driveclub is blurry as fuck. Thumper looked a lot better though.

I'm having a lot of fun, and VR is exactly what I'd hoped it would be, but the visuals are a little disappointing so far.
This was my experience when I tried the demo but people insisted I probably didn't have the headset placed on me properly. That's disappointing to hear that it's just how it is.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This was my experience when I tried the demo but people insisted I probably didn't have the headset placed on me properly. That's disappointing to hear that it's just how it is.

Don't expect amazing graphics, even PC games on my Vive can't be plagued with this if you don't have enough horsepower to clean up the image.

You're getting VR from a 350 dollar box and a 400 headset. It's amazing, but it won't be perfect.

This is where the PS Pro should really come in handy. Cleaning up games like Farpoint and making the image much more crisp.

Omiee

Getting my Playstation VR today. What is the killer app so far and can you play VR if you already have driveclub or do you need to buy driveclub vr?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Getting my Playstation VR today. What is the killer app so far and can you play VR if you already have driveclub or do you need to buy driveclub vr?

I think Rigs is THE game in terms of the top content. Driveclub will be 40$ unless you have the season pass it'll be 20$

edit- btw my personal opinion is that thumper is the best game in the lineup and everyone should get it.

Matush

Killer apps seems to be Rez, Rigs, Superhyper Cube and Thumper. Some would also say Until Dawn, Sports Bar VR and Batman.

Driveclub VR is a separate game, bur if you have purchased Season Pass in the past, you can get it for 50% off.

virtualS

Mine is on its way from Sony. Only pre-ordered a month ago but managed to jump the queue by going direct when offered.

Will buy DC, SSD, Rez and UD tomorrow.

WelI I doubt it's the positioning of the headset. When I'm playing Drievclub when I'm in menus etc. the text is very readable and everything looks ok, but that changes when I start racing. Of course when I'm actually racing I don't really care that much as playing in VR is amazing. :)
Plus as I said Thumper looks great.

Personally though I'm just absolutely stoked that I'm not getting sick using PSVR as I was really scared that would happen. I do feel a little off, even now that I've had the headset off for 20 minutes or so, but I've never felt the urge to be sick (yet... :p).

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
For those that have them. How is the black level on the HMD?

Wallach

WelI I doubt it's the positioning of the headset. When I'm playing Drievclub when I'm in menus etc. the text is very readable and everything looks ok, but that changes when I start racing. Of course when I'm actually racing I don't really care that much as playing in VR is amazing. :)
Plus as I said Thumper looks great.

Personally though I'm just absolutely stoked that I'm not getting sick using PSVR as I was really scared that would happen. I do feel a little off, even now that I've had the headset off for 2o minutes or so, but I've never felt the urge to be sick (yet... :p).

It's definitely going to be kinda blurry. I really suspect Driveclub is sub-sampling to maintain framerate, which on top of the additional gameplay driven need to try and resolve detailed objects further out in the distance makes it a bit worse than other games.

Only suggestion I have is just to make sure you take the time to find the sweet spot of the lenses. The vertical positioning matters as much as the horizontal in terms of focus.

It's definitely going to be kinda blurry. I really suspect Driveclub is sub-sampling to maintain framerate, which on top of the additional gameplay driven need to try and resolve detailed objects further out in the distance makes it a bit worse than other games.

Only suggestion I have is just to make sure you take the time to find the sweet spot of the lenses. The vertical positioning matters as much as the horizontal in terms of focus.

How Do you change the position? In the OS or physically on the headset?

Grinchy

Banned

I still don't fully understand it, but the devs claim that they've been able to get it to still be 360 degrees on PSVR:

“Brookhaven will be on PS VR, at day one, as the full game,” Corcoran told Upload during a phone interview. “We had a demo running about 8 months ago and we did a lot of work to maintain the 360-degree gameplay with only a single camera, it works really well.”
http://uploadvr.com/50-days-ps-vr-45-brookhaven-experiment-coming-ps-vr-launch/

I'm really curious to see someone playing it to see how well that actually works with one camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom