• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have the VR unit smashed against my face I get some lense glare on the right and left sides of my eyes. It's not to bad but does anyone else notice this?

My boyfriend just played the part in the Harmonix demo where you can paint in the air around you and he's having the best time ever haha

It's hilarious to watch, can't wait till it's my turn :)

Illucio

Banned
Where is the review thread for all the games? I need to plan this stuff out.

I'm getting RIGS, Bound, and Thumper. Anything else?

Anhkow

Ours seems to drift to the left..... We recalibrated with the button but it seems to want to creep slowly to the left after a time... Any ideas?
Have you tried this;

From Reddit:
The initial startup calibration is very basic. There's a better detailed calibration in the VR options in the ps4 settings toolbox.
It asks you to hold (not wear) the headset closely and towards the camera to calibrate each light from each side.
Also, it calibrates each controller/move lighting.
And the most important, I think, it calibrates your eyes. Finding the distance between them, within the center of your eyes (it takes a close up photo of your face). Then asks to move a crosshair to find the center of your eyes.

You can do this probably in Settings -> Devices -> PlayStation VR or PlayStation Camera.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
cross posting here since plans changed at kind of the 11th hour -

VEV: Viva Ex Vivo VR Patch 1.01 update is now live. Originally was going to be launch window, but we pulled some extra days to get it out day one, even ahead of the store listing. Includes full PSVR integration, gameplay improvements, better graphics, new music, basic leaderboard support. Runs at consistent 90 hz. download is about 400 mb. :)

Oh, and for folks that don't already own it, it's a budget title. live in US and EU.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

joebruin

Some vr stuff under apps. Random place to put them considering they don't appear to be treated as apps as they show up on your home screen outside of Tv & Video and can be placed into folders.

Look like vr short films or something.

ElyrionX

Haven't been following this much but I have two questions:

1. This will work with all PS4s out there right?

2. Is there any killer app yet? If not, what's the next best thing?

Mezoly

Is the Kitchen demo live in the US? or is part of the demo bundle?

Haven't been following this much but I have two questions:

1. This will work with all PS4s out there right?

2. Is there any killer app yet? If not, what's the next best thing?

1. Yes!

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
so, i now bought DC, Tumble, Headmaster, REZ, Thumper and Sportbar vr

VEV: Viva Ex Vivo VR Patch 1.01 update is now live. Originally was going to be launch window, but we pulled some extra days to get it out day one, even ahead of the store listing. Includes full PSVR integration, gameplay improvements, better graphics, new music, basic leaderboard support. Runs at consistent 90 hz. download is about 400 mb. :) It's a humble little exploration / score attack game, but we tried to put a little something in there for everyone. Tried to make it above all a comfortable experience, though you have control over things like your VR camera speed.

Oh, and for folks that don't already own it, it's a budget title. live in US and EU.

first time hearing from the game. Only a 10er? I might get it later.

Flandy

I still don't fully understand it, but the devs claim that they've been able to get it to still be 360 degrees on PSVR:

http://uploadvr.com/50-days-ps-vr-45-brookhaven-experiment-coming-ps-vr-launch/

I'm really curious to see someone playing it to see how well that actually works with one camera.

Maybe they have a button that rotates you 90 or 180 degrees? That way you still have to worry about all sides while still facing the camera? That's just a guess on my part though

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm really curious to see how it performs on production hardware, since all development was on a prerelease prototype that's more than a year old.

I'll let you know when my PSVR arrives.

Wallach

Yeah. Go into the PS4 settings, into the PSVR section. Make sure you run the full calibration, and also perform the IPD setting instructions.

Everyone's eyes (and thus pupils) are set apart at different widths, which is called the interpupillary distance. The PSVR lenses don't physically adjust for this, but they do account for it in software, which will adjust the image positioning and distortion on the display.

Mdk7

Don't skip Headmaster, it's incredibly good and fun.
And it's a blast to play in multiplayer (taking turns of course).

Dommel

Ours seems to drift to the left..... We recalibrated with the button but it seems to want to creep slowly to the left after a time... Any ideas?

I had the same thing happen until I moved the camera from on top of the TV to the bottom (basically on my PS4 in my setup).

Also the VR calibration in the PS4 settings is a lot more thorough, try that as well.

Steiner84

Someone who is actually good at RIGS is playing here.

why is he not using the signal from the breakout box?

Anyway, i dont really get the rigs hype. Its definately the least interesting game ive tried so far.

10er? too rich for my blood.

it's a fiver actually :0o

not in the german store.

4hGIslJ.png

Xenoblade

Driveclub made me sick. I bought the Logitech G29 for nothing :(

On a different note, how's Job Simulator? I watched the trailer and it looked good, but then so did MGSV...

Jashobeam

really hope I can find one when the stores open in the morning, I love getting new tech day one. Any impressions for Here They Lie?

Kuldar

I heard a weird rumor about a high rate of defective device for the PSVR, anyone with a bad experience with it?

Kevtones

Wow. Played through all of Rez in one sitting.

Impulse purchased this Thumper and the PSVR tonight.

So. Worth. It.

Rez is PERFECT on VR. My lord.

Gandalf

VEV: Viva Ex Vivo VR Patch 1.01 update is now live. Originally was going to be launch window, but we pulled some extra days to get it out day one, even ahead of the store listing. Includes full PSVR integration, gameplay improvements, better graphics, new music, basic leaderboard support. Runs at consistent 90 hz. download is about 400 mb. :) It's a humble little exploration / score attack game, but we tried to put a little something in there for everyone. Tried to make it above all a comfortable experience, though you have control over things like your VR camera speed.

For £3.99 I couldn't resist! Totally slipped under my radar. I'll post later with some impressions :)

ryseing

really hope I can find one when the stores open in the morning, I love getting new tech day one. Any impressions for Here They Lie?

Jim Sterling hated it. 1.5/10. Seems like a crappy walking simulator with a few scares.

If you want horror Until Dawn appears to be the way to go.

why is he not using the signal from the breakout box?

Anyway, i dont really get the rigs hype. Its definately the least interesting game ive tried so far.

Limiting the demo to a single half of a match was a dumb move. It's so hard to feel like you are getting into a rhythm, which is something I want to feel before committing to buying it.

Steiner84

Limiting the demo to a single half of a match was a dumb move. It's so hard to feel like you are getting into a rhythm, which is something I want to feel before committing to buying it.

yeah that is propably it.

The same problem with eve. I just barely mnade one kill before the demo ended and bootet me back to the homescreen of the demo disc. Waaayy to short.

Can anyone clarify if I actually need to connect my PS4 to the tv to set up the Headset? It's currently wrapped up due to housework and I really would like to keep it there. Thanks

Got mine from BestBuy tonight without a pre order. Hope that doesn't mean it isn't selling well since I got it so easily.

Picked up the launch bundle and my wife and I plan to play through everything then purchase games from the demo disc we like.

So far RiGs is a really immersive game, almost like Rocket League levels of addictiveness. I am terrible and it is weird for me to be terrible at a game. I guess I need more time to acclimate to these new controls/roller coaster.

Also like Eve Valkyrie and Rez. I think Rez is a definite buy, just for the immersion and soundtrack alone.

I can't stay up any longer but I will play a lot more tomorrow.

The playroom VR platformer is incredible. I want an entire game based on it.

Also after trying the kitchen demo, I'm convinced that RE7 might be the scariest game ever. I felt really uncomfortable playing it. I mean that in a good way.

Yeah. Go into the PS4 settings, into the PSVR section. Make sure you run the full calibration, and also perform the IPD setting instructions.

Everyone's eyes (and thus pupils) are set apart at different widths, which is called the interpupillary distance. The PSVR lenses don't physically adjust for this, but they do account for it in software, which will adjust the image positioning and distortion on the display.

OK, mine ended up being slightly less than the default. So we'll see how we go.

I have to have a break though, I started to feel queasy when playing RIGS for the first time.

Picked a Launch Bundle up at Best Buy tonight. Decent sized line and there were more of the HMD-only units than bundles (which I was surprised about).

Played some of the London Heist and Rez, very cool. I'm only having one real issue at the moment:

Headset centering. It keeps going off center. If I'm sitting straight, it will appear like I'm looking off to the side in VR. To try and help it, I either need to physically turn myself and get uncomfortable or just live with bad viewing angles in VR. Holding 'start' to recenter isn't helping.

I just saw in this thread that there's an in-depth calibration mode that I didn't do. Hopefully this helps.

KalBalboa

Banned
Anyone in Boston in need of a PSVR should PM me: I accidentally ended up with two and am going to return the 2nd (unopened) one to Amazon by the weekend unless someone locally buys it off me for cost ($425, includes tax).

Zero issues with tracking the headset, here.

Playroom VR > Worlds, for the record.

Zero issues with tracking the headset, here.

Playroom VR > Worlds, for the record.

I've had no issues with the headset tracking , I havnt gotten the rocking motion the giant bomb guys were experiencing.

Also agreed playroom VR is amazing. I hope they keep adding things in the future.

KalBalboa

Banned
I've had no issues with the headset tracking , I havnt gotten the rocking motion the giant bomb guys were experiencing.

Also agreed playroom VR is amazing. I hope they keep adding things in the future.

That 3D platformer was such a fun surprise.

As far as hardware is concerned, I feel like I need to keep working to find the "sweet spot" where everything is sharp. This might just be me realizing that my left eye warrants glasses, finally.

Steiner84

Feel free to let us know if you like the game. It is a little wierd. Also, how did you not laugh your ass off at our Google-translated German store page text :-D

holy shit. i haven read it, ive just watched the video.
send me the original and ill translate it to german if you want. (somehow im too stupid to access the english store page...)

also not sure when i get arround to playing it. Not much time today, and what i have i will spend ion DC or headmaster i think. But ill let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom