• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just paid mines off a Gamestop . There was only core bundles so I got that and two move controllers and a camera. There was about 11-12 guys there buying it.

SpeedNut

My local UPS hub is such a fubar mess. Hit arrival scan at 7 AM, didn't destination scan it until 2:30 and when I called to pick up said "It's still stuck on the truck, you can't pick it up until tomorrow". How the hell were they able to scan it then? I knew it was trouble when the customer center and the hub split addresses... oh well, on time arrival it is.

Josh378

PS World is a small collection of five different experiences. It's not included in the core bundle. The demo disc that's free on the PSN is what's included in the core bundle, and that's got short demos of a large collection of different VR games so you can try before you buy.

So is PS world worth the purchase since I'm getting the core?

Got mine paid off they still have some left but the weather is also bad so I'm assuming people will be there in the morning or closer to midnight about 6 showed up at 9 to pre pay.

Josh378

The demo disc(included in both packs) has a couple demos from PS Worlds. So you can demo before you buy.

Sounds good. Want to buy one VR game tonight, but I'll play the demo first before I buy any game first.

I'm at Best Buy now and there are 5 people ahead of me. Should I be worried?

No, you will be fine. We were told that they had three extra bundles and 20 cores here. So he let 23 of us in and sending the rest home.

TheBear

Huzzah it has arrived. But now I can't flapping buy games off PSN. Getting this error:

"Your purchase may not be complete. Check your transaction history in your account settings"

Any ideas?

ekurisona

what is the total price tag for someone to get set up with psvr, assuming they have no hardware & want the full experience?

what is the total price tag for someone to get set up with psvr, assuming they have no hardware & want the full experience?

$399 for PSVR + 299 for PS4

so $700 total

"full experience" you'd probably want the launch bundle PSVR which is $499, so total would be $800

SpeedNut

No hardware as in no camera and move controllers or no hardware as in no PS4 either?

If you can't get the bundle with two move controllers / camera / game / demo disc (and a PS4 deal separately if required), then the base PSVR + two move controllers (buy separate, PS3 ones are the same for about $30 each) + camera. Honestly the bundle is a pretty decent value if you're starting with nothing, and an OK value if you already have the camera.

Hope this helps.

So yeah $800 if you need a PS4 setup + the Launch Bundle.

SeanR1221

Paid off mine.

Grabbed a core unit and two used move controllers.

Also got rigs but I'll try the demo before I open it in case it makes me sick

Had a 125.00 reward on my chase card so it came to 350.00 after tax

Happy 30th birthday to me

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I was gonna hold off on Battlezone but I'm watching a stream right now and it's getting me all moist. It was the first psvr game I tried and it was pretty sweeeet.

Fisty

I'm guessing midnight eastern at this point. Don't know why they wouldn't have a preload.

Yeah I guess it's Until Dawn for me tonight since my internet sucks. Then again it'll probably take me an hour and a half to get home... here's hoping 90min unlock

Full experience is going to cost you $900.

$500 - PSVR Launch Bundle w/ two move controllers and camera
$400 - PS4 Pro (launches November 10th)

That would be the full experience.

ckleow

Seem like the VR demo Disc is different for each region

US
  • Allumette (Penrose)
  • Battlezone (Rebellion)
  • DriveClub VR (SIE WWS)
  • Eve: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
  • Gnog (KO_OP)
  • Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix Music Systems)
  • Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
  • Here They Lie (SIE WWS)
  • Job Simulator (Owlchemy Labs)
  • PlayStation VR Worlds (SIE WWS)
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard — Kitchen Teaser (Capcom CO., LTD.)
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance Games)
  • Rigs Mechanized Combat League (SIE WWS)
  • Thumper (Drool)
  • Tumble VR (SIE WWS)
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (SIE WWS)
  • Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
  • Within (Within)

ASIA (Singapore)
  • Ace Banana
  • Allumette
  • Battlezone
  • DRIVECLUB™ VR
  • GNOG
  • HARMONIX MUSIC VR
  • Headmaster
  • Job Simulator
  • Mortal Blitz VR
  • O! My Genesis VR
  • PlayStation® VR Worlds
  • Rez Infinite
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League™
  • Thumper
  • Tumble™ VR
  • Wayward Sky
  • Within

They took out RE7: The Kitchen to sell us,asian. lol
T5VgCEr.png

Paid off mine.

congrats and happy birthday!

Peterthumpa

Vancouver GAF, a Best Buy employee @ Robson just told me that they have approx. 100 units in stock. Line may have 30 people right now. If you want one, still pretty guaranteed you can get it.

Gemeanie

Seem like the VR demo Disc is different for each region

US
  • Allumette (Penrose)
  • Battlezone (Rebellion)
  • DriveClub VR (SIE WWS)
  • Eve: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
  • Gnog (KO_OP)
  • Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix Music Systems)
  • Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
  • Here They Lie (SIE WWS)
  • Job Simulator (Owlchemy Labs)
  • PlayStation VR Worlds (SIE WWS)
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard — Kitchen Teaser (Capcom CO., LTD.)
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance Games)
  • Rigs Mechanized Combat League (SIE WWS)
  • Thumper (Drool)
  • Tumble VR (SIE WWS)
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (SIE WWS)
  • Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
  • Within (Within)

ASIA (Singapore)
  • Ace Banana
  • Allumette
  • Battlezone
  • DRIVECLUB™ VR
  • GNOG
  • HARMONIX MUSIC VR
  • Headmaster
  • Job Simulator
  • Mortal Blitz VR
  • O! My Genesis VR
  • PlayStation® VR Worlds
  • Rez Infinite
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League™
  • Thumper
  • Tumble™ VR
  • Wayward Sky
  • Within

They took out RE7: The Kitchen to sell us,asian. lol
T5VgCEr.png

Typical Capcom lol

Also, Harmonix Music VR is still priced at $25 on Asia PSN

Moza

Picked mine up in store this morning (Aus) and been playing around with it for the past 2 hours. My first ever VR experience.
Very impressed with the tech. Haven't had any tracking issues or jitters with the controllers. Was super simple to set up and once you play around a little with the headset itself to find the right adjustment for you it was then extremely easy to take on and off.

Having that first 'wow' VR moment was amazing. Best of the demos I've tried so far are RIGS, Job Simulator and Thumper (this game is a bloody experience in itself). Yet to try Rez though.

I definitely felt tired and heavy headed after a while. Definitely not something you can just sit and play for hours on end for me. The games or experiences out at the moment reflect that well too.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase even though I went in completely blind. No technical issues and some great unique games.

Well I'm at Best Buy and they just came out and handed me a ticket for the bundle and said come back in an hour. They had at least 10 more.

I really hope my Best Buy has some tomorrow. It's not one of the midnight stores and opens at 10:00 AM (I hope to be there when it opens). Someone earlier in the thread said the normal stores might not have many (or any). I'm trying to figure if I should still try Best Buy or instead go to Target, Wal-Mart, or Gamestop, which are really my only other options. For some reason, I think I have the best chance to find one at Best Buy. I will probably go to Wal-Mart later in the day, as my Mom typically goes there every Thursday. So, I'll probably tag along if I'm not successful earlier in the day.

Paid off mine.

Happy birthday man, was my 32nd birthday on the 7th. My money also went towards the headset... No buy otherwise.

Full experience is going to cost you $900.

$500 - PSVR Launch Bundle w/ two move controllers and camera
$400 - PS4 Pro (launches November 10th)

That would be the full experience.

You don't need a pro for the full experience. I would say maybe "enhanced" experience? But even that might be generous given that we don't really know how games will use the pros specs. I think people forget that a lot of the PSVR limitions are in the hardware of the headset and not necessarily the PS4 itself. Sure you could improve aspects of the graphics with the pro but at the end of the day, that headset is 1080 and there's nothing that will change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom