• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there's a list, so sorry about that, but what is the full list of PSVR games with Pro patches?

I'm hungry for games that benefit from the Pro after Bound and Batman.

Grinchy

Banned
Good to know this. I was turned right off by Rigs playing the demo. Just felt confused and lost, which is a death knell for a demo.

It's easily the best PSVR game by a mile. It's PSVR's Rocket League IMO. It's pure sporting action.

I suggest using the right thumbstick for turning and getting rid of at least the comfort setting that puts the black borders on your peripheral vision. It just made me feel like I had tunnel vision. At this point I've turned every comfort setting off but you might want to keep some of the others on at first lol

*Splinter

How's Trackmainia VR?

Not a lot of discussion here but there is a thread gushing about it on reddit.
I loved it, only disappointing thing is it's a bit short. 40 tracks, all quite easy. It's also got a weird follow-camera most of the time that takes a bit of getting used to.

For a free update, I can't complain, really wish they'd unlock the rest of the game in VR mode, maybe if we ever get a sequel it will be more VR compatible.
It's easily the best PSVR game by a mile. It's PSVR's Rocket League IMO. It's pure sporting action.

I suggest using the right thumbstick for turning and getting rid of at least the comfort setting that puts the black borders on your peripheral vision. It just made me feel like I had tunnel vision. At this point I've turned every comfort setting off but you might want to keep some of the others on at first lol
Rocket League is the exact comparison I got playing Rigs. Agree with the rest of this advice as well.

So I hear, but I have tried Rigs about 5-6 seperate times now. It's been over two weeks since I purchased my PSVR. I'd estimate between 6-10 hours of actual use.

Try breathing through your nose more. Sucking on hard candy or chewing gum helps. Also use some type of fan like a ceiling fan. Another tip is to take off your socks and keep your feet flat on the floor.

somme

So I hear, but I have tried Rigs about 5-6 seperate times now. It's been over two weeks since I purchased my PSVR. I'd estimate between 6-10 hours of actual use.

Do you always get sick at the same point in Rigs? Or are you lasting longer?

I just tried (and finished) O! My Genesis. It's a really fun game. They probably should've waited before they had more than 30 minutes of gameplay but it is really, really cheap.

Just picked up a PS VR yesterday. I've got to say two things in terms of first impressions. Idk what everyone means by screen-door effect. I thought I did before playing PS VR, but now I don't know. The Cinematic Mode is awesome! Maybe I have bad eyes or something, but I really like the way it looks. I watched parts of a basketball game via league pass and it was amazing! Idk.

And my second thing is related to Driveclub VR. So before and after launch some journalists were saying Driveclub VR was an ugly game. I remember watching Giant Bomb's launch stream, and Jeff was saying the game didn't look great, that it wasn't worth it. But I played the demo on the demo disc, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's probably the best looking VR game I've played so far, and I absolutely want to play all future racers in VR. It was fantastic.

Only issue I have is my eyeballs keep smudging the screens and I frequently have to readjust the headset because it slips subtly sometimes, and things get blurry. Also, I was playing Job Simulator and I noticed the room kept moving. Is there something I could be doing wrong to cause this?

Grinchy

Banned
And my second thing is related to Driveclub VR. So before and after launch some journalists were saying Driveclub VR was an ugly game. I remember watching Giant Bomb's launch stream, and Jeff was saying the game didn't look great, that it wasn't worth it. But I played the demo on the demo disc, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's probably the best looking VR game I've played so far, and I absolutely want to play all future racers in VR. It was fantastic.

Only issue I have is my eyeballs keep smudging the screens and I frequently have to readjust the headset because it slips subtly sometimes, and things get blurry. Also, I was playing Job Simulator and I noticed the room kept moving. Is there something I could be doing wrong to cause this?

lol! Just wait until you play some games that actually look good. Driveclub looks terrible, but I'm actually glad you're liking it.

The Job Simulator "room moving" issue is what we all call wobble. When you hear people complaining about the PSVR tracking, this is why they're complaining. Do what you need to do to try to make it better, like this guide here, but ultimately it's just that the tracking gets really horrible the further you get away from the camera.

People will tell you that theirs is flawless, and you'll start to wonder if you have a faulty unit, but you don't. Hopefully Sony can improve the tracking via software soon.

Just picked up a PS VR yesterday. I've got to say two things in terms of first impressions. Idk what everyone means by screen-door effect. I thought I did before playing PS VR, but now I don't know. The Cinematic Mode is awesome! Maybe I have bad eyes or something, but I really like the way it looks. I watched parts of a basketball game via league pass and it was amazing! Idk.

I wish more people had eyeballs like you and me, I love using Cinema Mode FOR everything and also thought DriveClub didn't looked that bad. People just have very high expectations it seems.

Glad you join the VR club

I wish more people had eyeballs like you and me, I love using Cinema Mode FOR everything and also thought DriveClub didn't looked that bad. People just have very high expectations it seems.

Glad you join the VR club

I wish the resolution in DC didn't bother me because without that it would be one of the best looking games. But the res holds it back so much.

lol! Just wait until you play some games that actually look good. Driveclub looks terrible, but I'm actually glad you're liking it.

The Job Simulator "room moving" issue is what we all call wobble. When you hear people complaining about the PSVR tracking, this is why they're complaining. Do what you need to do to try to make it better, like this guide here, but ultimately it's just that the tracking gets really horrible the further you get away from the camera.

People will tell you that theirs is flawless, and you'll start to wonder if you have a faulty unit, but you don't. Hopefully Sony can improve the tracking via software soon.

If Driveclub looks terrible what looks good!?

bumpkin

I finally got my hands on Eagle Flight last night and played through to chapter 3. There's some things I like and some things I don't care much for, but all in all I'm enjoying it.

Ubisoft made an excellent choice with the aesthetic style on two points; one, that it likely covers up lowered geometry, and two, gives the world distinct character. The initial view of the world when you're sitting in your nest is absolutely breathtaking. I also think it was a clever choice to have you see the feathers around your face and your beak while you're playing. It really sells the whole "You're an eagle!" angle. Without it, it would just feel like you're playing an FPS but flying. The music is also quite wonderful and when it ramps up during intense segments, it really gets your heart pumping.

Soaring above and through the streets of Paris is very exhilarating when you really get a lot of momentum going. I tried one of the "Expert" challenges and hit my fair share of walls and posts before finally making it through unscathed (though I did apply the brakes a few times). Searching for collectibles is exciting, though I feel like having a health mechanism (hearts or whatever) instead of one-hit-and-you-restart would have been better.

My biggest complaint is not having an option for controlling flight with the Dual Shock 4. I've always had weird issues with my neck, so having to tilt to aggressively or very far to one side (for tight turns) got to be uncomfortable and gave me a headache. I also would have liked to have some sort of mini-map or something to aid in tracking down collectibles. Having to rely completely on line-of-sight is a little annoying.

Hasney

I posted in the RIGS thread, but if you've not been on since the latest patch, go do that again. I'm finding full multi games so easy now.

Glix

Wait a sec... Does anyone know the deal with Stern Pinball???

It came out on Tuesday. There is a VR version for Gear VR. Is the PS4 version VR ready? Does anyone know if it will be patched if it is not?

Try breathing through your nose more. Sucking on hard candy or chewing gum helps. Also use some type of fan like a ceiling fan. Another tip is to take off your socks and keep your feet flat on the floor.

Thanks for the tips! I'll give those a shot.

Do you always get sick at the same point in Rigs? Or are you lasting longer?

I just tried (and finished) O! My Genesis. It's a really fun game. They probably should've waited before they had more than 30 minutes of gameplay but it is really, really cheap.
I am lasting a bit longer, but I can't seem to make it past the initial training without feeling sick as a dog. Usually when they ask me to start using speed burst and hitting the targets in the training area.

antibolo

Banned
Wait a sec... Does anyone know the deal with Stern Pinball???

It came out on Tuesday. There is a VR version for Gear VR. Is the PS4 version VR ready? Does anyone know if it will be patched if it is not?

I can't imagine Farsight giving a shit. They really treat their console ports as second-class citizens.

Can't remember if anyone asked for a review on Harmonix Music VR, but here's one anyway: https://psvr-reviews.com/2016/11/18/harmonix-music-vr/

Plan on reviewing O! My Genesis and Time Machine VR tomorrow (when it eventually downloads!)

If there's any other requests let me know. I'm trying to do the new ones as they release and then am going back to launch games.

It would be great if you review some of less popular titles like "Waddle Home", "Kismet", "Ace Banana", "Volume", and "Catlateral Damage".

somme

It would be great if you review some of less popular titles like "Waddle Home", "Kismet", "Ace Banana", "Volume", and "Catlateral Damage".

I'll do all of those except Kismet. It's not even a game and is about Astrology. I can you tell you now it's bollocks. haha

ymgve

Did the Allumette patch break something, or is this yet another case where the PS4Pro performs worse than the PS4? The camera motion is very jerky, like it doesn't hit the FPS target - it wasn't like this when I first bought the PSVR.

Flandy

Loudninja

PSVR games for next week

Gary the Gull

PS VR — Digital
Say hello to Gary! Gary the Gull is an interactive VR short film where Gary talks to you, and you can talk back! Your path through the story depends on how you answer Gary’s questions using voice recognition and head gestures. Enjoy your day at the beach!

Holoball

PS VR — Digital
HoloBall plunges players into an action-sports arcade arena inspired by one of the most iconic games of all time. Use your paddles to hit, smash, and curve the HoloBall past your opponent to score. Learn and master skillshots to outmatch your increasingly difficult opponents

Proton Pulse
PS VR — Digital
ProtonPulse Plus is fast paced classic arcade action from a whole new perspective. Spanning over 50 levels, with an original soundtrack by Jake Kaufman and Danimal, ProtonPulse Plus will take you on a heart-pounding mission to save the universe.

VirZoom Arcade
PS VR — Digital
VirZoom Arcade is an ever-expanding collection of virtual reality exercise games powered by you. Pedal faster to chase down bandits, turn your head to aim your tank’s cannon, and lean to swoop and dive on the back of a Pegasus. Say goodbye to your boring workout. Full games require the VirZoom exercise bike controller, available from local and online retailers.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/18/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-11222016/

Grinchy

Banned
Played a bit of Robinson tonight on the Pro. It looks really nice but I'm not sure if I'm liking it or not. I did the 2nd power generator puzzle thing and I was climbing up to get to the 2nd message orb thing and I was just getting kind of annoyed with it. I don't know if walking around scanning things is going to be enough to keep me going.

Fisty

Say hello to Gary! Gary the Gull is an interactive VR short film where Gary talks to you, and you can talk back! Your path through the story depends on how you answer Gary’s questions using voice recognition and head gestures. Enjoy your day at the beach!

But can I fap to it

VirZoom Arcade is an ever-expanding collection of virtual reality exercise games powered by you. Pedal faster to chase down bandits, turn your head to aim your tank’s cannon, and lean to swoop and dive on the back of a Pegasus. Say goodbye to your boring workout. Full games require the VirZoom exercise bike controller, available from local and online retailers.

Oh good exactly what every VR headset needs, more bodily fluids all over it

somme

Played a bit of Robinson tonight on the Pro. It looks really nice but I'm not sure if I'm liking it or not. I did the 2nd power generator puzzle thing and I was climbing up to get to the 2nd message orb thing and I was just getting kind of annoyed with it. I don't know if walking around scanning things is going to be enough to keep me going.

Game gets better as it goes on imo. It's not perfect but I'd like a more fleshed out sequel with more dinos and the ability to run/walk faster.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Got my $25 in PSN credit.

Should I get Bound or Eagle Flight? And does EF have a Pro patch?

Eagle Flight for Flying and Ubi-Style city exploration, Bound for the prettiest and most awe inspiring graphical showcase.
I'd pick Bound.

Triteon

I'm thinking about trying to pick one up over the next few days.

Before I really go searching (as finding one might be hard where I live) I need to know if there is a cool music visualizer available.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm thinking about trying to pick one up over the next few days.

Before I really go searching (as finding one might be hard where I live) I need to know if there is a cool music visualizer available.

Harmonix VR, Easel mode. I've spent at least 10 hours in there. Make it your first purchase. It definitely has some usability issues and isnt very well optimized, but still the most amazing VR experience I had so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom