• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Theres a new multiplatform Vr title being crowdfunded now

Title is Vanguard V or something

JDH

I'll soon start working on OT2. Will be some of the same but some new info too. Thread title will be good to I think.

ZMSRKnB.gif

I've been struggling to get a snug fit for ages on this thing. Finally today, I tried someone elses and the twisting knob at the back actually tightens the unit to your face, and stays. Mine has always done 2-3 clicks then loosened, like it wont hold after a few clicks whereas my friends would tighten and stay tightened, giving me a clear picture and no light getting in underneath .

With mine, I thought that's just how it was, but mine's not like that and explains why lights been getting in underneath, it just won't tighten, 2-3 clicks then loosened. The eject button kinda does nothing too. Im out of my 7 day return at ebgames australia.

Am I screwed?

Ps. The rubber bands are fine. Its just that it wont tighten and hold. It just goes 1,2 clicks then loose. Like a tooth is missing.

PS. Sony wamt $150 to fix it. For fucks sake. Its 10 days old.

Au consumer laws should on your side. Plus, you want to exchange, not refund, which is what that's there to discourage. Ask to speak to the manager. And if that doesn't get you a replacement, the threaten to report them to the ACCC.

CEJames

From the other Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347816

Farpoint and PSVR Aim launching on May 16 for anyone that doesn't know.

Awesome! I was looking for to the PSVR Aim. Hopefully Faripoint is good. What if there is a PSVR series? e.g Farpoint 2, Farpoint 3 o_O

Man the thread about PSVR selling 900k lol

It's really sad man i Don't get it

Yeah, I didn't even want to continue further down that rabbit hole. Pessimistic people and then people trying to defend as usual.

Planet

There's a kickstarter in progress for a VR Titanic explorer and one of the supported platforms is PSVR. This group had a previous successful kickstarter for an Apollo 11 VR experience, which they say is coming to PSVR soon.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1436197736/titanic-vr
I backed this, too, but it needs a little help to take off - or rather, sink in. ;)

The goal still is very much reachable, if the current accelleration of the funding process holds up. But it will be close. Anyone here in the mood of supporting them and also PS VR as a more diverse platform? You should think (and maybe act) fast, just over 3 days now.

Their previous project Apollo 11 VR will be out in European PSN one day before the kickstarter ends. Maybe someone will do a very quick review, to help the decission making process.
I have no affiliation with the kickstarter, just a backer who wants to see this project get funded. The early access level applies to PSVR too.
Also just personally interested of seeing more of this in VR. But the early access will not apply to PS VR! Just PC. If you don't have a suitable PC to use your PS VR on that, you will have to wait on the final product.

It's a Sony 55" LED 3D-Ready SmartTV, model #KDL55W800C. It's a decent set, good picture quality and sound, but the OS is garbage. It gets into a weird state every so often where it won't turn on and I have to unplug it and plug it again in to get it working. I've never been able to figure out why. I just chalk it up to Android being a piece of shit. :)

I picked up a KD55XD8599 last summer. The Android OS is a bit flaky; sometimes when switching inputs it just selects one at random, and I've had the whole thing crash and reboot. It is nice to have Amazon Prime and Kodi native apps, though. I think I've got a notification for an Android upgrade, so we'll see how that goes!

Seems to work well with the Pro, only tried Resogun and Trackmania, but so far so good.

Planet

If the VR mode of Tekken 7 is the full game just using a perspective similar to what is shown here in Steel Combat (and the neccessary downgrade in fidelity), I'd love it. :D

nampad

Finally had some time again to play a bit, here are the impressions:

Headmaster
The idea behind the game is fairly easy but the game manages to keep everything varied and fun. The tracking works fairly well and you feel like you are in control or at least you know why you missed the target. There is no need to set up the play area in any way.

The humor in this game isn't novel and has been done many times before but it still works. Overall, I would say that I am pretty satisfied with this game if it wasn't for the big difficulty spikes. I am at the halfway point now and some levels are really tough and require you to be pinpoint accurate with several headers after each other.

Maybe I just suck but I think they shouldn't have made the game so difficult, at least not for people aiming for just beating the single player and not beating any highscores.

Lethal VR
What a big disappointment.

It starts of with the game wanting me to change the camera angle upwards (or grow 3 feet) to be able to play it. After doing that, the camera can't track the move if I just leave my arms hanging, leading to annoying rumble notifications about the move being untracked. I had to move back several feet in my play area to make the move trackable again, meanwhile offsetting my (probably needless) camera calibration before.
Only Batman had a worse calibration process so far but at least Batman worked like a charm afterwards.

In Lethal VR, the tracking did have problems when I was dual wielding and had to shoot targets on my side, which led to occlusion of one of the move controllers by the other. Instead of some software side prediction going on about the move placement, you just get annoying poor tracking errors with the rumble notification.

Graphically, the game looks quite bad and the menus look super cheap. I had a mission where I needed to shoot a baddy in a crowd of civilians and those bad guys were not always easily to recognize.

When the game works (single wielding pistols), it can be a fun shooting gallery. But we have enough PSVR games with shooting elements and everything else about this game is just bad. I am quite disappointed what those ex-Criterion developers delivered.
DON'T BUY IT!!!

Lord Phol

Haven't visited this thread in quite some time but with my GF finally getting a job, me getting some extra bonus on the latest paycheck and my upcoming birthday PSVR is looking mighty tempting. The major thing holding me back is the Vanilla vs Pro experience. Now that the Pro has been out for awhile how big of improvement is it? Is it still worth picking this up with a standard PS4?

I finally got to try PSVR at my friend's house out of state. Absolutely blew my mind! You really do have to experience it first-hand, I was very impressed.

I did get a bit motion sick, but nothing too bad. I'm sure I would adjust over time. However, there was a major issue trying to get the display in sharp focus. It seemed even at it's best it was still pretty blurry.... is that normal?

FDC1

Dying: Reborn is up in Europe. Apparently, VR version is not the full game, it's just an abridged version ?

Edit: oh, apparently there is a pack to get all the versions (PS4 "classic", PSVR and Vita) for €23.99, I will take this one.

Robso

Haven't visited this thread in quite some time but with my GF finally getting a job, me getting some extra bonus on the latest paycheck and my upcoming birthday PSVR is looking mighty tempting. The major thing holding me back is the Vanilla vs Pro experience. Now that the Pro has been out for awhile how big of improvement is it? Is it still worth picking this up with a standard PS4?

Yes, it's still worth it with a standard PS4. Remember all the footage from gaming events, and people playing on the show floors of those events, prior to PSVR's launch, all ran through original PS4's.

Darknight

Buy a G29+Shift and possibly a playseat in the near future.

Yes or No, PSVR GAF????

Another GAFer showed me a link a can get the G29+shifter from UK amazon for $250. Had no idea!

U2NUMB

I would assume with sales numbers out there and destroying the other platforms in raw numbers we will see more content come and be ported quickly. I sure hope so.. Give me more games like Job Simulator, Batman and Until Dawn Shooters on rails please.

bumpkin

I finally got to try PSVR at my friend's house out of state. Absolutely blew my mind! You really do have to experience it first-hand, I was very impressed.

I did get a bit motion sick, but nothing too bad. I'm sure I would adjust over time. However, there was a major issue trying to get the display in sharp focus. It seemed even at it's best it was still pretty blurry.... is that normal?
Mostly. I mean you can adjust the headset to a point where it's largely in-focus, but stuff in your peripheral will never be crisp. There is definitely a sweet spot. When you're playing something though, you really stop noticing.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Dying: Reborn is up in Europe. Apparently, VR version is not the full game, it's just an abridged version ?

Edit: oh, apparently there is a pack to get all the versions (PS4 "classic", PSVR and Vita) for €23.99, I will take this one.

The game has 6 chapters for PS4 with 3 VR-specific chapters for PSVR

Sparc announced for Vive/Rift/PSVR
https://www.playsparc.com/

I finally got to watch a 3D Blu-ray with the PSVR. Really impressed -- when I took off the headset to look at the TV afterwards, I was like - the picture is so small!

Would the image be better with Pro vs OG PS4? And does 3D work from any source (such as USB or streaming from the Media player or Netflix) or only from the Blu-ray drive?

gpn

... But the early access will not apply to PS VR! Just PC. If you don't have a suitable PC to use your PS VR on that, you will have to wait on the final product.

Sorry for the misinformation, I mis-read one of the comments.

Happy to see they reached their goal. I'd really like to see more apps like it come out on PSVR.

ManeKast

Happy to report EBgames Australia replaced my VR upon inspecting the twisting knob defect (at back). Brand new set.

Kudos. (Had for 10 days, it never worked, new one clicks perfect, happy!).

ckohler

I beat Robinson: The Journey tonight. Very polished experience. Definitely as close to being in Jurassic Park as I'm likely to ever get. Probably the best graphics on PSVR. No jaggies and tons of detail (played on Pro).

RedAssedApe

Banned
I beat Robinson: The Journey tonight. Very polished experience. Definitely as close to being in Jurassic Park as I'm likely to ever get. Probably the best graphics on PSVR. No jaggies and tons of detail (played on Pro).

no motion sickness? i was interested in it but that's all i ever hear talked about with this game :\

JoshHood

no motion sickness? i was interested in it but that's all i ever hear talked about with this game :
Fwiw, for my friend and I that both have PSVRs, Robinson is the only game that gives us both quite bad motion sickensss. I can only usually play 10-15 mins at a time. From memory, I think it's the only game I get that from.

saobang3886

Neo Member

graphics is good but I feel it only render at 1080, event on the pro, the best looking game PSVR I play until now is Bound, what a beautiful game with 4k render. Hope PSVR 2 will fully 4k render for all game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom