• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a holiday price drop is actually realistic. The hardware will have been out for a while, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is already working PS VR 2, probably with a 4K display, maybe fewer wires, or no wires entirely.

If they can keep up a reasonable stream of good VR releases, they PS4 base by holiday 2017 might be big enough to justify a price/sale drop to get more people on board.

I keep saying this but don't get your hopes up for 4k displays in gen 2. 4k at that size are not cheap, hard to produce and also require a lot of grunt for VR, plus it also introduces a lot of problems for streaming data for other things such as wireless.

I personally expect screens to start to be developed specifically with VR in mind and using techniques that wouldn't normally be found in larger displays, in the long run I expect screens to go the projection route that Magic Leap use or a hybrid of sorts (still pissed Magic Leap cancelled the event I was invited to try the tech out at) as well as utilising light field technology in someway.

Shoeless

Speaking of which is the Kygo thing any good? I still need to spend some money to reach the $100 get $15 promo. I think I'll go with VR stuff.

It's another good demo piece, similar to the shark/ocean stuff on the VR Worlds demo. It just plays an upbeat EDM-style song while the environment changes around you as you "grow." Ends on a cosmic note.

Nice way to ease people into VR since they just have to sit and look around, has some nice particle effects that convey the 3Dness early on, and gives people a good sense of how VR can mess with scale in interesting ways.

bumpkin

Since launch, I've been keeping the PSVR headset on a table next to my couch unconnected. Whenever I want to play, I have to un-coil the cable from the breakout box and reconnect it to the headset. Though I got in the habit of letting it run/warm up for 15 minutes before I start playing to reduce fogging, it was still an extra set of steps. Moreover, I began to get concerned that over time, it'd loosen the fit between the headset's cable and the breakout box's connector.

While I was in the process of making room on my entertainment center for the Nintendo Switch next Friday, I decided to address this hassle. After seeing it was marked down to $39.99 (formerly $49.99) at GameStop, I picked up the "Charge and Display Stand" by Power-A tonight to store my headset and charge my Move controllers and a Dual Shock 4. While it's not the most impressive piece of hardware - it's very light and scant on flair - so far, it seems to do the trick. It'll be nice to be able to just turn on my PS4, flip on the headset, and in 15 minutes, take it off the stand and put it onto my head and get gaming!

With the deadline for the spend-100-get-15 promo looming, I've been looking for stuff to spend some cash on. The RE7 season pass in on my radar, but I'm really curious about some new experiences/games. This is what I have so far:

- Batman: Arkham VR
- Battlezone VR
- Bound
- Call of Duty: Jackal Assault
- Carnival Games VR
- Dirt Rally
- Eagle Flight
- Here They Lie
- I Expect You To Die
- Pinball FX2 VR
- PlayStation VR Worlds
- Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20th Anniversary Celebration
- Robinson: The Journey
- Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing VR Experience
- Tethered
- The Playroom VR
- Trackmania Turbo (demo)
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
- VEV: VIVA EX VIVO
- Wayward Sky
- Werewolves Within

Is Eve: Battlecry any good?

Anything else that I don't own that's worth a look, other than RIGs and Eve Valkyrie (I'm no big on competitive online multiplayer)?

I really wish Fruit Ninja VR would go on sale... At $10, it'd be an insta-buy for me.

valeu

Anything else that I don't own that's worth a look, other than RIGs and Eve Valkyrie (I'm no big on competitive online multiplayer)?

I really wish Fruit Ninja VR would go on sale... At $10, it'd be an insta-buy for me.

i have tumble vr, super hyper cube, and windlands on my list of games to buy when they become available here

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Since launch, I've been keeping the PSVR headset on a table next to my couch unconnected. Whenever I want to play, I have to un-coil the cable from the breakout box and reconnect it to the headset. Though I got in the habit of letting it run/warm up for 15 minutes before I start playing to reduce fogging, it was still an extra set of steps. Moreover, I began to get concerned that over time, it'd loosen the fit between the headset's cable and the breakout box's connector.

While I was in the process of making room on my entertainment center for the Nintendo Switch next Friday, I decided to address this hassle. After seeing it was marked down to $39.99 (formerly $49.99) at GameStop, I picked up the "Charge and Display Stand" by Power-A tonight to store my headset and charge my Move controllers and a Dual Shock 4. While it's not the most impressive piece of hardware - it's very light and scant on flair - so far, it seems to do the trick. It'll be nice to be able to just turn on my PS4, flip on the headset, and in 15 minutes, take it off the stand and put it onto my head and get gaming!

With the deadline for the spend-100-get-15 promo looming, I've been looking for stuff to spend some cash on. The RE7 season pass in on my radar, but I'm really curious about some new experiences/games. This is what I have so far:

- Batman: Arkham VR
- Battlezone VR
- Bound
- Call of Duty: Jackal Assault
- Carnival Games VR
- Dirt Rally
- Eagle Flight
- Here They Lie
- I Expect You To Die
- Pinball FX2 VR
- PlayStation VR Worlds
- Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20th Anniversary Celebration
- Robinson: The Journey
- Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing VR Experience
- Tethered
- The Playroom VR
- Trackmania Turbo (demo)
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
- VEV: VIVA EX VIVO
- Wayward Sky
- Werewolves Within

Is Eve: Battlecry any good?

Harmonix VR, Harmonix VR, Harmonix VR:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220439940&postcount=5852

Boggles my mind that its still not regularly recommended as a great VR experience.

Found one at Target and almost bought one with Resident Evil, but am going to wait until after E3 to see what else is going to be released. Not interested in anything currently out.

Pro is finally back in stock on Amazon UK, and mine is being delivered today!

Any recommendations on games to get/replay once I've gone Pro? I'm thinking Bound and Here They Lie.

panda-zebra

I haven't been in this thread since around page 137 (I think, I kept the tab open but didn't dive in). Reason being I felt I was getting a bit addicted to PSVR, spending like crazy on everything I could and neglecting parts of my life I really shouldn't have been (family, running, etc.).

Only stuck the thing on my head once in all that time, to show it to my brother and nephews (who, of course, fired up amazon and placed orders hoping stock would appear asap).

So at this point I'm wondering what I might have missed out on in that time (mid-November) and whether or not this thing needs to stay boxed away in order for me to stay sane/married/in the real world :D Seriously though, anyone else have this level of addiction at any point?

I know I've missed RE7, but I'm not sure I'd do too well with anything scary, playing that stuff on a TV is often too much, I'm a soft arse.

swnny

I've read a few post here and reddit that people are using their PlayStation Gold headset with VR. But I for the life of me can't put them, tried everything I could think of, yet the headphones cant reach my ears, they are stuck on the side of the HMD. I tried putting the PSVR at the very top of my head, but there still doesn't seem to have enough room for the golds. Next I tried my Audio Technica ATH-M20x, which are with metal diadem, but more ellipse-like cup so they're even less likely to fit... Any suggestions? I'm getting desperate...

So there's a casual flight sim named Ultrawings that was just released for Oculus. It's inspired by Pilotwings. I emailed the developer about it, he said to watch out for an announcement soon. Sounds like it might be coming to PSVR soon!

Check out Reddit for impressions, which are pretty good.
Wow! This could be my favorite PSVR game if it pans out. Pilotwings is one of my all time favorite series and in VR that style of game would be incredible.

I've read a few post here and reddit that people are using their PlayStation Gold headset with VR. But I for the life of me can't put them, tried everything I could think of, yet the headphones cant reach my ears, they are stuck on the side of the HMD. I tried putting the PSVR at the very top of my head, but there still doesn't seem to have enough room for the golds. Next I tried my Audio Technica ATH-M20x, which are with metal diadem, but more ellipse-like cup so they're even less likely to fit... Any suggestions? I'm getting desperate...
Dumb question but did you pull the ear cups all the way down?

I found my gold's were a tight fit but by pulling the ear cups down and making sure the HMD strap was up higher on the back of my head, I could get the whole setup pretty comfortable.

bumpkin

i have tumble vr, super hyper cube, and windlands on my list of games to buy when they become available here
Harmonix VR, Harmonix VR, Harmonix VR:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220439940&postcount=5852

Boggles my mind that its still not regularly recommended as a great VR experience.
Thanks for the recommendations, guys! Most of those have demos, so I'll have to give them a whirl and see what I think.

I snapped a pic of my setup with the Charge & Display stand all set up. It actually looks pretty nice once it's all together...

C5fcfX0VAAAmEaV.jpg

Briarios

I finally got to watch a 3D Blu-ray with the PSVR. Really impressed -- when I took off the headset to look at the TV afterwards, I was like - the picture is so small!

The only problem I had was I was getting that image drift for some reason ...

swnny

Dumb question but did you pull the ear cups all the way down?

I found my gold's were a tight fit but by pulling the ear cups down and making sure the HMD strap was up higher on the back of my head, I could get the whole setup pretty comfortable.

Yes, the cups are all the way down and the HMD is as far atop my head as possible for me to get a clear image, anymore way up and it becomes all blurry...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just a personal update... this thing is a paper weight now.

Though I'm a believer in the future of VR.

But this didn't work out for me. PS4 is not powerful enough (I have a Pro) and it's a chore to set up and mess with. Especially with the HDR compatibility oversight. I don't regret buying because as proof of concept, it was enough. I get it now, and have a clear understanding of what VR is and even where it's going. But you need 60+ fps. Rock f'n solid, higher framerates to mitigate VR sickness associated with free camera and locomotion. The PS4 just cannot do it. 60 fps is minimum.

Also, lights on the visor that get confused when you hold the move controllers in front of your face (to aim weapons or whatever) was incredibly frustrating. They need a solution.

I'm not a hater. I think it's cool. VR is here to stay, maybe even the future. But imo PSVR is a novelty.

Glix

Grabbed Dexed, Psychonauts, and Hungarian Dance.

Dexed is very cool, neat mechanic, looks great, lots of fun

Hungarian Dance is mega impressive! Super crisp and clear res, and the the 3d in both visuals and sound were perfect.

Psychonauts is very very good. I put in two hours or so. Great great visuals and sense of scale, a couple of crafty puzzles, up there as one of the best psvr titles for me.

RE7 VR users 147,756

9.47 % of all players
http://www.residentevil.net/uk/sevenrecord.html?ref=portal-uk--sevenrecord-index-titlemenu

It was below 9.40% with a tendency to a -very- slowly decrease and suddenly it is rising.
Maybe the greater amount psvr systems out there makes the difference.

Just started it today, got done a bit ago after about 2 and half hours.

Simply incredible. I played the demo several times in VR, so I had an idea what I was getting into, but VR is def the way to go. I don't doubt the game is great even without it, but experiencing the thrills/lulls "first hand" is pretty sublime. Like there were moments where I felt real hints of worry, uncertainty or relief.

I may have even felt the sensation to relieve myself lol.

F'n awesome.

hank_tree

Just a personal update... this thing is a paper weight now.

Though I'm a believer in the future of VR.

But this didn't work out for me. PS4 is not powerful enough (I have a Pro) and it's a chore to set up and mess with. Especially with the HDR compatibility oversight. I don't regret buying because as proof of concept, it was enough. I get it now, and have a clear understanding of what VR is and even where it's going. But you need 60+ fps. Rock f'n solid, higher framerates to mitigate VR sickness associated with free camera and locomotion. The PS4 just cannot do it. 60 fps is minimum.

Also, lights on the visor that get confused when you hold the move controllers in front of your face (to aim weapons or whatever) was incredibly frustrating. They need a solution.

I'm not a hater. I think it's cool. VR is here to stay, maybe even the future. But imo PSVR is a novelty.

What VR games did you play that were below 60fps?

Evolved1

What VR games did you play that were below 60fps?
I'm saying that 60 fps is the basement. PS4 struggles to achieve even that. And that in games with manual camera and locomotion... it's just not good enough.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Evolved1 said:
And that in games with manual camera and locomotion... it's just not good enough.
I've not seen actual data tie sickness triggers in artificial locomotion to 60fps. Anecdotally I've seen reverse - people react worse to free locomotion at 90 in same setup, but even that was hardly a scientific test.

Shoeless

Grabbed Dexed, Psychonauts, and Hungarian Dance.

Dexed is very cool, neat mechanic, looks great, lots of fun

Hungarian Dance is mega impressive! Super crisp and clear res, and the the 3d in both visuals and sound were perfect.

Psychonauts is very very good. I put in two hours or so. Great great visuals and sense of scale, a couple of crafty puzzles, up there as one of the best psvr titles for me.

Had me a bit confused that I was missing out on something when you mentioned Hungarian Dance until I realized you meant the piece Joshua Bell played in that VR video.

Evolved1

Can you give an example of a game that struggled to hit 60 fps? I haven't encountered that yet.
Are you joking?

Uh... every fucking game. Because all of them make massive sacrifices to hit 60 fps. And even then, camera movement still isn't smooth enough, imo.

Just my opinion folks. I was day 1 with PSVR and bought an absurd amount of games for it. These are my final, honest thoughts after however many months with it. I'm allowed to do that.

I've not seen actual data tie sickness triggers in artificial locomotion to 60fps. Anecdotally I've seen reverse - people react worse to free locomotion at 90 in same setup, but even that was hardly a scientific test.

Well I can only speak anecdotally. Higher framerates and fidelity would help a lot for me.

Shoeless

Are you joking?

Uh... every fucking game. Because all of them make massive sacrifices to hit 60 fps. And even then, camera movement still isn't smooth enough, imo.

Just my opinion folks. I was day 1 with PSVR and bought an absurd amount of games for it. These are my final, honest thoughts after however many months with it. I'm allowed to do that.

Well I can only speak anecdotally. Higher framerates and fidelity would help a lot for me.

It's fair assessment, PS VR is a mid-grade VR device. Still a big leap from using your phone, but obviously not in the same league as room scale movement with Vive and a beefy rig.

Out of curiosity, has this convinced you to splurge for a full PC VR set-up, or are you waiting for the cost on equivalent VR quality to come down before jumping in again?

hank_tree

Are you joking?

Sorry I just don't think you were being clear. If I said a game struggles to hit 60 fps, I think most people would take that to mean that it is often lower than 60 fps.

Evolved1

It's fair assessment, PS VR is a mid-grade VR device. Still a big leap from using your phone, but obviously not in the same league as room scale movement with Vive and a beefy rig.

Out of curiosity, has this convinced you to splurge for a full PC VR set-up, or are you waiting for the cost on equivalent VR quality to come down before jumping in again?
I guess the irony is that after buying the headset, all the games day 1, and a PSPro (improved VR was really the motivation for that) I could've had a good chunk toward the PC setup.

It's alright though, no regrets.

I probably won't do that in the near future, but I know I'm in for VR at some point. I do believe it's the future. Idk... I'll probably get it again from Sony next iteration, tbh. I'm so invested in the platform at this point.

But if someone announces tomorrow Full Spectrum Warrior VR on PC... maybe tomorrow I build a PC.

Are you joking?

I think it was taken as games were dipping below 60 fps not that games are making sacrifices to achieve a solid 60 fps. Its pretty obvious the moment you fire up a game that huge sacrifices are made to make games in vr.

I love vr but there are definitely times where I cant help but notice just how poor the image looks even since I got my pro. The fps issue youre speaking of though I cant say ive noticed.

Joystick

Are you joking?

Sorry, but you were claiming that games don't hit 60fps and even say so here (no need for abusive language btw). You could have been clearer that what you meant was sacrifices to hit 60fps which I totally agree with. But I'm pretty sure that EVERY game hits 60fps, a couple 90fps and a couple 120fps and ALL output at 90 or 120fps which is also the camera movement rate so I don't know where you get "isn't smooth enough" from. What are you expecting? I've tried 50+ games so far and can't recall ever seeing a stutter or framerate issue. I would love the visuals to be clearer (resolution, AA, etc) but you have to expect that given the hardware. Still, I am super satisfied with what we have now. Makes non-VR gaming seem pretty bland!

Evolved1

Sorry, but you were claiming that games don't hit 60fps and even say so here (no need for abusive language btw). You could have been clearer that what you meant was sacrifices to hit 60fps which I totally agree with. But I'm pretty sure that EVERY game hits 60fps, a couple 90fps and a couple 120fps and ALL output at 90 or 120fps which is also the camera movement rate so I don't know where you get "isn't smooth enough" from. What are you expecting? I've tried 50+ games so far and can't recall ever seeing a stutter or framerate issue. I would love the visuals to be clearer (resolution, AA, etc) but you have to expect that given the hardware. Still, I am super satisfied with what we have now. Makes non-VR gaming seem pretty bland!
No I did not say games cannot hit 60 fps. I opened by saying they need to be "60+"... greater than 60. My point was that 60 is the bare minimum and not really good enough. And that the PS4 just isn't sufficient to do >60 when you consider the massive compromises they're already making.

I might not have stated it clearly enough, but that's what I posted.

As for telling me how to talk: no thanks. I'll say whatever the fuck I want within the TOS.

grendelrt

No I did not say games cannot hit 60 fps. I opened by saying they need to be "60+"... greater than 60. My point was that 60 is the bare minimum and not really good enough. And that the PS4 just isn't sufficient to do >60 when you consider the massive compromises they're already making.

As for telling me how to talk: no thanks. I'll say whatever the fuck I want within the TOS.
Wow you are so pleasant. If that many people interpreted what you said differently, then maybe you should just explain and not be so rude about it.

Bluecondor

Sure - drop as many f-bombs as you want, but it's not helping your credibility.

I actually agree with much of what you said, and have only used my PSVR 5 times since getting it on launch day.

Still though, it is a legitimate VR experience (Arkham VR and the London Heist for tech demos - RE7 has received rave reviews as a full game playable in VR - and, we will soon be able to watch 3D movies and videos like the Josh Bell Experience). A legitimate VR experience for less than $500 is really impressive. I can't take this away from Sony just because it hasn't caught my attention (yet).

Evolved1

Wow you are so pleasant. If that many people interpreted what you said differently, then maybe you should just explain and not be so rude about it.
I admitted I could've explained myself better, in the post you quoted.

As for being rude? Well that's not really how I see it.

I snapped a pic of my setup with the Charge & Display stand all set up. It actually looks pretty nice once it's all together...

Very nice! What TV is that?

I'm still unplugging the extension cable from the processing unit and headset after each use. Am I likely to trash the connectors?

I might get the licensed stand sometime as I leave the headset on top of my subwoofer with my headphones propped on top. It's ok, but doesn't look great.

Planet

"60+"... greater than 60.
60+ means 60 or more, which is exactly what the games deliver. And the camera viewpoint is updated at either a rock solid 120 (most games) or a rock solid 90 (some games). I have yet to read any report of any game dropping frames.

And struggling to achieve something means not quite hitting the mark. If you said it makes too many sacrifices to achieve stable framerates, it would have been a valid opinion. I'd still disagree though. ;)

The compromises are in the image quality and world / character detail, never in the frame rate. I don't know what's wrong with you, but please tone down your aggressiveness while you are at it.

Business

Wonder why nobody at Sony or any first party studio has thought about including some sort of VR content in their AAA relases.

Just a simple mode where you could see game locations where you would stay on a room scale space for example. Imagine that for Horizon or Uncharted 4, just stand there on one of the game's environments would be incredible for the fan base. Or a model viewer on Horizon where you could see the machines at actual scale.

Those wouldn't be costly additions to their games that would go a long way towards a satisfied fan base for their top franchises and at the same would entice more people to get a PSVR headset.

If you are reading think about it, guys at Guerrilla, ND et al.

wondermega

Wonder why nobody at Sony or any first party studio has thought about including some sort of VR content in their AAA relases.

Just a simple mode where you could see game locations where you would stay on a room scale space for example. Imagine that for Horizon or Uncharted 4, just stand there on one of the game's environments would be incredible for the fan base. Or a model viewer on Horizon where you could see the machines at actual scale.

Those wouldn't be costly additions to their games that would go a long way towards a satisfied fan base for their top franchises and at the same would entice more people to get a PSVR headset.

If you are reading think about it, guys at Guerrilla, ND et al.

I agree those added modes would be cool, but at this point they'd still require not an insignificant amount of resources to pull off. Likely the engines of the games mentioned could have little or zero VR support, as they'd already been separately in development for years prior. And simply grabbing some environments or models and sticking them into a separate VR friendly environment isn't really that simple (all the shaders could be incompatible, etc). When they scope out these games early in the cycle, they really don't consider trying to adapt who knows how much of it for some esoteric disruptive tech that might pop up down the road. I won't argue with you though, it would certainly be great and go a long way to helping push this tech a bit more :)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Are you joking?

You pay for what you get. If you want true immersive VR, you should get a Vive instead for its room-scale feature and soon wireless.

Krisprolls

Banned
You pay for what you get. If you want true immersive VR, you should get a Vive instead for its room-scale feature and soon wireless.

Vive is not the answer. Screen sucks compared to PSVR screen due to much greater screen door effect (pentile vs RGB), and big games like RE7 or Akham VR will always come on PSVR not on Vive due to a much bigger installed base on PSVR. Immersion is pretty good on PSVR by the way, especially with PS Move.

I could buy a Vive on my 1070 PC but even if you're ok with the bad screen (and lack of comfort on Vive too), the lack of software (other than small games and experiences) makes it pointless. It's the usual vicious circle killing VR right now : no big games mean nobody wants to invest in it (both devs and customers), and nobody buying it means you get no big games, especially on PC...

Ionic

Vive is not the answer. Screen sucks compared to PSVR screen due to much greater screen door effect (pentile vs RGB), and big games like RE7 or Akham VR will always come on PSVR not on Vive due to a much bigger installed base on PSVR.

I could buy a Vive on my 1070 PC but even if you're ok with the bad screen (and lack of comfort on Vive too), the software makes it pointless. It's a vicious circle killing VR right now : no big games mean nobody wants to invest in it (both devs and customers), and nobody buying it means you get no big games...

I feel like both those games are bound to hit PCVR once some unseen timed exclusivity clause runs out. And even then I think games like Climbey, Onward, and Rec Room show that the more experimental VR space going on over there has some serious merit. High budget games are great, but the people pushing gameplay in VR in new directions are largely working on small projects right now. AAA's will catch up once the dirty work has been done by the experimental folk. Hopefully some of the big budget stuff on the PSVR side and the brand new experience stuff on PCVR cross pollinate a bit as the years go by.

Ended up with Dirt Rally. Hoping to see Job Simulator and a few others on sale later this year!

I admitted I could've explained myself better, in the post you quoted.

As for being rude? Well that's not really how I see it.
You were being completely douchey and rude because people asked for clarification. Go ahead and be an asshole to us, but don't expect us to be nice and just agree with you passively. Far as I'm concerned you made some semi-valid points but as far as turning not being smooth? Completely and utterly false. The whole point of reprojection is that you are seeing 120 fps at all times, which includes rotational and other movement being taken into account. Some games run at 90 (native) and others are even 120 native.

Planet

AFAIK those native 90 or 120 FPS games are still being reprojected (just once per frame), so frame doubling may be very important, but not the only point. Bringing the picture in line with the actual viewpoint as close as possible to reduce experienced latency is the other.

swnny

I'm having crazy tons of fun with RIGS. Basically haven't played anything else on my PS4 for almost 2 weeks now. Online matches are great and so is the solo camping. It's funny now that I started playing the game with every VR comfort option enabled and maxed out and now, good 25-30 hours in, I've disabled all the comfort settins and feel great even after while playing. I even decided to go for the platinum (seems easy enough, so why not). But I do have a question about these tournaments.
Looks like it when I lost the first 2-3 matches in the first league, the Powerslam tournament didn't pop up for me. I won the league and I'm half way through the second league and getting winning the Endzone tournament. Question is, how to replay the powerslam tournament? From my understanding in the third league I will compete in the Team Takedown tournament.
And what happens after I clear all three leagues in offline mode?

I have to totally disagree with you that it is a novelty. Dirt Rally, EVE: Valkyrie, Bound Driveclub, RE7, Batman VR, Rhombus of Ruin, Thumper, Rush of Blood, Battlezone all clearly highlight that it isn't a novelty. If you are a person that is highly susceptible to simulation sickness then that is going to drastically inhibit the enjoyment you can get, I feel a little sorry some people can't experience what I can with games like EVE: Valkyrie or Dirt Rally because they make their traditional alternatives feel like a joke. The added atmosphere can help pretty much every game, and even the cinema screen that has been improved in the beta is now a viable option. The only stuff that has felt like a novelty to me has been the shooting range stuff, a lot of VR Worlds, Tumble VR (though I initially really like this) and Playroom VR, I might feel the same way about the other games I mentioned if I had only played the demos which quite frankly are not indicative of the final products and in many cases are much better.

Your right 60FPS is a minimum for PSVR that is why games don't get certified if they aren't. There was a list that went around when the Pro came out detailing framerates and resolution games were running at on both systems, 60fps was more common on the higher budget games but the majority were 90fps.

The only point you make I do agree with is when the light from the move occludes the light from the headset. That is shit but if it is something with shooting and want to look down the sights I generally play with the camera to the side of me where I am less likely to be facing.

bumpkin

Very nice! What TV is that?

I'm still unplugging the extension cable from the processing unit and headset after each use. Am I likely to trash the connectors?

I might get the licensed stand sometime as I leave the headset on top of my subwoofer with my headphones propped on top. It's ok, but doesn't look great.
It's a Sony 55" LED 3D-Ready SmartTV, model #KDL55W800C. It's a decent set, good picture quality and sound, but the OS is garbage. It gets into a weird state every so often where it won't turn on and I have to unplug it and plug it again in to get it working. I've never been able to figure out why. I just chalk it up to Android being a piece of shit. :)

I honestly have no idea if un/re-connecting is going to trash the connectors, but my concern is why I bought a stand to have it connected all of the time. I used to have the breakout box next to my PS4, but I had to move it up next to the stand for it to not be a hassle, cable-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom